Photo
- - - - -

How Many CAGs Own Firearms/Guns?

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you own Firearms/Guns

Do you own Firearms/Guns

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 05:53 AM

It really annoys me when people shoot with their dogs around. Can't be good for their ears.

#62 Zoglog

Zoglog

Blogging = AIDS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 06:14 AM

picked up my latest firearm today
Might need to slow down now

Spoiler

So within half a year since I bought my first firearm I've accumulated:
Remington 870 Express Tactical
Springfield XD-9
Sig P220 ST
Springfield 1911 MC Operator,
ZEDU AR-15,
Ruger Mark III Hunter
Springfield XDm-9 Bitone
Sig P226 HSP DAK

That's probably $7000+ not counting ammo and accessories D:
I miss the days when all I had to do was buy Video Games or even paintball.

#63 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 06:36 AM

That's the way I was when I first started. Then it occurred to me that I'd be better off just owning a smaller number of high quality items and then training with those so I get really good at using them. Having a large number of guns doesn't amount to much if you're mediocre with them.

#64 physalis123

physalis123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 07:43 AM

I wish I could vote now but no I don't own a gun and I hope I won't ever need one :)

#65 FeedMeAStrayCat

FeedMeAStrayCat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:28 AM

Not a fan of guns, really. At least not in the "protection" sense. They are certainly "cool" though, and if I had a shit-ton of money, I would have an armory in my house/castle with tons of awesome weaponry.

#66 Zoglog

Zoglog

Blogging = AIDS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:45 AM

That's the way I was when I first started. Then it occurred to me that I'd be better off just owning a smaller number of high quality items and then training with those so I get really good at using them. Having a large number of guns doesn't amount to much if you're mediocre with them.

I'm probably going to focus on my XDm for pistol shooting. Rifle and shotgun shooting are a whole nother beast. I think one thing i'm going to avoid is trying to spread out to too many calibers. Right now I'm only stocking 40 S&W, .45, .223, 12Gauge, 9mm, and .22

#67 ninjalunchbox79

ninjalunchbox79

WTF?!?!?!?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:03 PM

Z-DAY . . . it will happen!!!!

#68 Fortune_P_Dawg

Fortune_P_Dawg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:20 PM

So I bought my Smith & Wesson M&P .40 and it's awesome!

I hate that guns are such an expensive hobby... They're fun to shoot, look at, take apart, etc. They make video gaming seem cheap though. They retain monetary value better than games too.

I've already decided next purchase will be a shotgun of some sort, after that, maybe a 1911.
Posted Image

#69 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 06:12 PM

So I bought my Smith & Wesson M&P .40 and it's awesome!

I hate that guns are such an expensive hobby... They're fun to shoot, look at, take apart, etc. They make video gaming seem cheap though. They retain monetary value better than games too.

I've already decided next purchase will be a shotgun of some sort, after that, maybe a 1911.

Nice and that is very true guns are an expensive hobby.

Shotgun you say...

How about this bad boy?

Posted Image

The Benelli SuperNova pump-action shotgun features a stock and receiver housing made of reinforced technopolymer with a highly streamlined shape. In addition the SuperNova is available with a ComforTech® stock, effectively reducing felt recoil. An optional pistol grip stock, improves weapon control, and an optional telescopic stock, reduces the overall dimensions of the gun. The locking system guarantees safe operation of the Benelli rotary bolt.

The 89 mm chamber and sturdy structure of the gun allow the use of all 12-gauge cartridges, from the lightest to the most powerful 3 ½" loads. The recoil pad is exclusively designed to reduce recoil to a minimum. The extended magazine increases firepower and the ergonomically-designed for end cycles smoothly to allow high-speed reloading. Thanks to the Mag Stop system, an exclusive Benelli patent, it is possible to extract the chambered shell without disturbing the ammunition in the magazine. This is a fundamental peculiarity using the shotgun during high risk operations. The shotgun works perfectly in all climatic conditions, ranging from very cold to hot and humid.

Or if you're looking for a semi auto....

Posted Image

The Benelli M2 Tactical is a powerful, high-tech and versatile semiautomatic shotgun. It comes with matte black synthetic stocks, that can be custom fitted with adjustable drop, to meet the demands of a wide range of tactical conditions. In addition the M2 is available with a Comfortech® stock that effectively improves shooting performance, providing a faster second shot target acquisition than any other comparable shotgun. The pistol grip provides superior muzzle control and rock steady weapon retention, no matter what the circumstances. The bolt handle and the bolt release button are larger; ghost ring sights and a Picatinny rail are optional equipment, making it possible to fit all types of targeting devices from telescopic sights to red dot sights, night vision and thermal imagers. The M2 Tactical stands out for its reliability, firing precision and the capacity of its magazine, which can hold up to 8/9 cartridges plus one in the chamber.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#70 Zoglog

Zoglog

Blogging = AIDS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:12 AM

that's the kicker with the firearms themselves, they retain better value than both cars and games typically.
However the ammo is what gets really expensive in my opinion. And Black Rifle stuff as well............

Why stop at the Benelli M2? go for the M4 ;)
When I got my remington 870 I was actually considering the Benelli Nova, but ultimately went with the tried and true design.

Next shotgun I get will either be for skeet or the keltec KSG
Next pistol will probably be a glock 17 Gen 4 (which is off the CA roster)

#71 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:22 PM

I hate the 2nd Amendment. It's outdated and counter productive. The only reason why I would own one is so I could protect myself. I wish I didn't have that need.

#72 mr ryles

mr ryles

Plays bowling

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:05 PM

What caliber is your M1 in temp? Ammo shouldnt be hard to come across, but then again I live in Nevada, gun laws and supplies aren't to strict here.

I wanna thank all the televisions out there that raised me.

#73 mr ryles

mr ryles

Plays bowling

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:09 PM

I think if I had the money I'd have a gun buying problem. But for now I work in a hardware/sporting goods store where I get to fondle guns all day long. Thats all that holds me over from buying them.

I wanna thank all the televisions out there that raised me.

#74 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:04 PM

I need to take a picture of my M249 so you guys can see a real gun. (that jams constantly because it's so old and worn out)

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#75 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:10 PM

I hate the 2nd Amendment. It's outdated and counter productive. The only reason why I would own one is so I could protect myself. I wish I didn't have that need.

Doesn't sound like it's so outdated/counter-productive if you feel the need or desire to own one. Just sayin'...
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#76 Hell Monkey

Hell Monkey

Social Link MAX!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:20 PM

None yet. I do plan to get one though but need enough $$ for the gun, licenses, and all proper training.

#77 DurbanBrown

DurbanBrown

to the MOON

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:00 PM

Ive got a few pistols and several rifles. The coolest is my S&W M&P15 (AR-15) with all of my accessories on it. Wish I had a pic to post from work.

#78 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:29 PM

Doesn't sound like it's so outdated/counter-productive if you feel the need or desire to own one. Just sayin'...

Desire... no way. Only reason why I would need one is to protect myself from the punks who do. I know getting rid of guns is an impossible request.

#79 Shadows916

Shadows916

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:10 PM

Beretta 3090 12g semi auto shotgun.
Beretta 92FS 9mm
Beretta Neos .22
Springfield XD Tactical LE .45
Kimber Aegis Custom 1911 .9mm
Ruger Blackhawk Convertable S/A Revolver .357 mag/9mm/38 specail

#80 Altanis

Altanis

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:29 PM

I personally don't own a gun, which is probably for the best. My dad owns a couple of I think shotguns for hunting though.

*** I am in no way affiliated with Sears Holding Corporation or Kmart. I just apparently play a Kmart CSR in the KmartGamer CAG thread. ***

If you have a problem with me, PM me so I can ignore it.

#81 Fortune_P_Dawg

Fortune_P_Dawg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2011 - 04:10 PM

Ive got a few pistols and several rifles. The coolest is my S&W M&P15 (AR-15) with all of my accessories on it. Wish I had a pic to post from work.

My best friend has that exact same rifle. It's awesome to say the least, and a blast to shoot.
Posted Image

#82 Zoglog

Zoglog

Blogging = AIDS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2011 - 08:35 AM

Just spent $2645 on a fire-lined safe from sturdysafe

Posted Image

It got to the point when my firearms started nearing the 10k mark that it was probably worth it to have them secured.
Sucker is modest in size, but 7 gauge steel and 1000 lbs D:!

#83 epobirs

epobirs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2011 - 01:36 PM

It is not. I was a victim of armed robbery on the street. If we had stricker laws, crime like that would reduce dramatically. There is no need for the people to really have guns outside of hunting purposes. Just my personal feeling which aligns with alot of people. The 2nd Amendment is constantly fought over. Again, not trying to be a "troll"

The greatest fallacy I regularly encounter.

Do you really think a centuries old technology is going to disappear just because a politician doesn't like you having your own? Anyone who paid attention in chemistry and shop classes in high school can assemble a firearms and ammo production facility in a basement for remarkably little money. The tech is simply not going away.

Here is a hint: criminals don't care about laws. They're criminals. Ergo, anti-gun possession laws are not very compelling to criminals.
If I thought I needed to get out in the sunshine I'd play Boktai.

#84 Segasonic01

Segasonic01

Sonic Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:46 AM

I got a cwp a few months ago. Was given a Keltec 9

Aint no one stealing my Sonic toys >.>

#85 Zoglog

Zoglog

Blogging = AIDS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:06 AM

The greatest fallacy I regularly encounter.

Do you really think a centuries old technology is going to disappear just because a politician doesn't like you having your own? Anyone who paid attention in chemistry and shop classes in high school can assemble a firearms and ammo production facility in a basement for remarkably little money. The tech is simply not going away.

Here is a hint: criminals don't care about laws. They're criminals. Ergo, anti-gun possession laws are not very compelling to criminals.

You can significantly lower the frequency of events by making firearms harder to exist. Of course that is a perfect world scenario meaning you can get rid of all existing guns, stop new production, and prevent illegal firearms from entering.

The real anti-gun argument is primarily is that we don't need firearms and by selling firearms legally you are inadvertently increasing the supply to criminals through illegal means. Both sides seem to go to the extremes in either direction, when the truth is closer to the middle.

#86 JebusMcLucifer

JebusMcLucifer

I'm your Superbeast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2011 - 05:18 AM

No pics currently but I own:

Springfield XD9
Sig Sauer Mosquito
Ruger 10/22
Norinco SKS
Mosin Nagant 1891/30
Posted Image
I like my women like I like my coffee... ground up and in the freezer.

#87 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2011 - 04:41 AM

What caliber is your M1 in temp? Ammo shouldnt be hard to come across, but then again I live in Nevada, gun laws and supplies aren't to strict here.

30-06. Ammo is hard to come across for it only because it can't shoot the newer commercial stuff. I have to special order it. That's fine with me though. The less I shoot my Garand, the better. It's too valuable.

#88 zionoverfire

zionoverfire

Posted 19 March 2011 - 05:44 AM

Just spent $2645 on a fire-lined safe from sturdysafe

It got to the point when my firearms started nearing the 10k mark that it was probably worth it to have them secured.
Sucker is modest in size, but 7 gauge steel and 1000 lbs D:!

Very nice safe! Did you lag bolt it into the floor? For most thieves it's easier to cart off heavy items than it is to break through simple locks. 3 guys broke into a local coin shop and made off with a 2000lb+ safe a couple months ago here, the owner figured a bit wrong on it being to heavy to steal.:lol:

#89 Zoglog

Zoglog

Blogging = AIDS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2011 - 07:35 PM

Very nice safe! Did you lag bolt it into the floor? For most thieves it's easier to cart off heavy items than it is to break through simple locks. 3 guys broke into a local coin shop and made off with a 2000lb+ safe a couple months ago here, the owner figured a bit wrong on it being to heavy to steal.:lol:

Yeah, I def had it bolted down. Even heavy safes can be easily moved once you tilt them and put them on rollers.

Now time for more firearms............
getting an EOtech magnifier for my AR next month.... damn expensive... Optic + magnifier costs as much as my 1911 haha

#90 Zoglog

Zoglog

Blogging = AIDS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:36 PM

recently built myself a pof .308
still waiting for my scope. It ended up being significantly more expensive than my AR, and even more so when I buy the Vortex scope =/ It's been backordered for months.

Posted Image
Posted Image

And of course I couldn't resist picking up one of those p226 german's with the old school folded carbon steel slides :)

Posted Image