Photo
- - - - -

How Many CAGs Own Firearms/Guns?

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you own Firearms/Guns

Do you own Firearms/Guns

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#91 GuilewasNK

GuilewasNK

No gimmicks necessary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:53 PM

I don't need one, but I have nothing against them.

My dad used to have some as he was military, and my brother-in-law has a shotgun. The only weapon I have is a dagger that I keep under my bed. I wouldn't mind getting into collecting those.

Posted Image

It is illegal to assault the internet. - Xi Yanchun

click for my list ---> Posted Image RPGS added!

#92 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:47 PM

Zog, nice POF. I'd like to get a .308 one of these days. The ammo is a bit pricey, but I reload so it shouldn't be too bad.

I just ordered one of these. Can't wait to get it.

Posted Image

#93 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:36 PM

I find it mindboggling that no one has admitted to owning a USP yet...especially since this is a VIDEOGAME FORUM.

#94 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:44 PM

I own an MP5, does that help? Lol.

#95 GuilewasNK

GuilewasNK

No gimmicks necessary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:08 AM

Who's the bitch with the silent SPAS? :lol:

Posted Image

It is illegal to assault the internet. - Xi Yanchun

click for my list ---> Posted Image RPGS added!

#96 zao366

zao366

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:59 AM

I own a few pistols...I'm not really into rifles, but I would like to get a Mossberg 590 somewhere in the future. Here's what I have:
Springfield XD-9sc
Beretta Neos U22
Sig Sauer P238
Spoiler

I would also like a revolver some time soon...a .357 magnum, I'll probably get a Ruger.

#97 cindersphere

cindersphere

Running on no sleep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:31 AM

Yeah, I have a Remington 870 20 gauge for self defense. My family has had quite a bit of problems with break ins and people stealing chickens when my family was a contractor to Zacky Farms. I should also mention that I was a victim of a violent home invasion when I was 13, which is one of the reasons I have one in the first place, while at the same time realizing that the odds of me successfully needing and using it are rareish.
Religion ends and philosophy begins, just as alchemy ends and chemistry begins and astrology ends, and astronomy begins. - Christopher Hitchens 1949-2011

#98 dodgeme

dodgeme

Shadow the Hedgehog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:44 AM

All I have is a Ruger 10/22. I'm hoping to get a few nice pieces from my Grandfather soon though. He has quite the collection.
Posted Image

#99 Zoglog

Zoglog

Blogging = AIDS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:07 AM

Zog, nice POF. I'd like to get a .308 one of these days. The ammo is a bit pricey, but I reload so it shouldn't be too bad.

I just ordered one of these. Can't wait to get it.

I would agree that 308 is pricey, but I'm slacking on taking this rifle to the range, haven't even fired it yet and built it months ago. My excuse is that my Viper PST FFP scope is backordred, but I know I should at least take it out for function testing.

I have a feeling I'm not going to like long distance shooting anyway and will end up selling it possibly, or reconfiguring it as a carbine.

Thankfully there's lots of games to play instead of go shoot, should be good for the wallet :D

#100 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:23 PM

On the table: I'm new to firearms. But, I'm interested in buying a handgun. I also want ammo that could takeout a bear. Is there a handgun, available to the public, that fires ammo that could drop a bear? Thanks, in advance.

Edit: Been reading around.

http://www.thefirear...-casull-review/

This seems pretty good. In another article on that website, an Alaskan man defended himself against a bear with that gun.

Edited by Chase, 19 July 2012 - 11:45 PM.

#101 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:31 AM

Lol...well, before I suggest anything, I have to ask...why do you want to take out a bear?

While I await your answer, your chances of taking out a bear with a handgun is pretty nil, but if you must, I'd suggest a Desert Eagle in .50 AE or maybe a revolver in .357 mag. If you're going to go with a revolver, I'd pass on a Taurus and go with a S&W or Ruger instead.

#102 levi333

levi333

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:38 AM

"A bear" is pretty vague. Something in .44mag with hardcast bullets should work on most. I'm not sure I'd try it with a grizzly or polar though. It could take one down, but you could also be killed waiting for it to die.
Your ammo selection has a lot to do with it. A hardcast bullet would be recommended as you want penetration.
While it's possible to use a smaller cartridge I wouldn't go smaller than .44mag personally. Bears have been killed with a lot less, and regularly are.
There are several revolvers marketed for hunting big game. .454 casull, .460S&W, .500S&W are a few.

#103 bigpimpin24

bigpimpin24

Killamanjaro!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:50 AM

A lot of my friends are really into the whole firearms thing. One of them just got a $2000 safe a few weeks ago to put all his goodies in there. I haven't really got into it yet but the amount of times they go to the range and have their guns around when ever we hang out and it probably won't be long.

I came in here to post because my buddy was showing me some ammo he bought. "Zombie Max" They have a green tip, lol. I couldn't help but think how far companies will go to make a buck =P They looked pretty cool I must admit.

Posted Image
"War? War never changes.."

#104 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:10 PM

Lol...well, before I suggest anything, I have to ask...why do you want to take out a bear?

While I await your answer, your chances of taking out a bear with a handgun is pretty nil, but if you must, I'd suggest a Desert Eagle in .50 AE or maybe a revolver in .357 mag. If you're going to go with a revolver, I'd pass on a Taurus and go with a S&W or Ruger instead.

Hahaha...I know. "A bear." It sounds like a big leap for a totally green future gun owner. My train of thought is: If I'm going to protect myself, I want the most powerful handgun available. And that handgun should be able to kill a bear, right? ;)

"A bear" is pretty vague. Something in .44mag with hardcast bullets should work on most. I'm not sure I'd try it with a grizzly or polar though. It could take one down, but you could also be killed waiting for it to die.
Your ammo selection has a lot to do with it. A hardcast bullet would be recommended as you want penetration.
While it's possible to use a smaller cartridge I wouldn't go smaller than .44mag personally. Bears have been killed with a lot less, and regularly are.
There are several revolvers marketed for hunting big game. .454 casull, .460S&W, .500S&W are a few.

Depends mostly on ammo. Noted. And thanks, you two. I'll look into everything that has been listed. <bow>

#105 levi333

levi333

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:32 PM

If self defense from people is your goal, that is COMPLETELY different. You want ammo that expands on people, a jacketed or bonded hollow point. A bear round could go through that first guy and a couple more, over penetration is what they call it and is common with rifle rounds but could be with large hunting handgun rounds.
theboxothruth.com has some pretty good test for ammo penetration, it's fun site.

#106 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:06 AM

Winchester Ranger is pretty cheap hollow point, and its basically PDX1 from what I know, if you can find any. Getting harder to find online, may have ended production? Anyone know?

#107 levi333

levi333

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:16 AM

Winchester Ranger is pretty cheap hollow point, and its basically PDX1 from what I know, if you can find any. Getting harder to find online, may have ended production? Anyone know?

They only sell it to Law Enforcement distributors, not sold thru normal civilian channels. That doesn't mean you can't get it but Winchester frowns on it. Coincidentally Winchester Ranger T is my normal carry round in both 9mm & 45. 124gr +P and 230gr +P respectively, non-leo here.

#108 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:46 AM

If self defense from people is your goal, that is COMPLETELY different. You want ammo that expands on people, a jacketed or bonded hollow point. A bear round could go through that first guy and a couple more, over penetration is what they call it and is common with rifle rounds but could be with large hunting handgun rounds.
theboxothruth.com has some pretty good test for ammo penetration, it's fun site.

Interesting. <makes note> How would a 'bear round' fair against a bulletproof vest? Plus, against a group, wouldn't it be better to have a round that could damage multiple people with one shot?

The website is neat though a bit overwhelming.

http://theboxotruth....heboxotruth.htm

Really neat demonstrations and tests.

#109 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:08 AM

Damaging multiple with one shot? Guy, you've seen too many movies.

#110 jousley

jousley

10yr Member of CAG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:14 AM

A thread I can really get behind! I have owned a Browning gold trigger .22 level action since I ws a kid and my dad gave it to me. For many many years I didn't own any other guns, but after a string of break ins in the area I decided about 3 years ago to get a pistol for the house to protect the family......then the bug bit me. My wife thinks I've gone overboard, but I have some fun guns now.
Rock River Arms AR-15 with Eotech holographic sight and magnifier
Ruger Gunsite Scout .308 bolt action rifle
Remington 30.06 scoped
Ruger Takedown 10/22 rifle
Savage Mark 2 .22 bolt action
Marlin .22 rifle
Remington 877 tactical 12 gauge

Pistols:
FNH FNP tactical .45 pistol with Trijicon holo sight
Kimber Custom .45 tactical 1911
Kimber Custom Carry .45 1911 with Crimson Tracer laser (I carry this in a pocket holster)
Taurus 1911 in .45 (hate it)
Ruger GP100 Revolver in .357 Maginum
Walther p22

Of course the are other guns I'm wanting still.....

#111 Saint'sRow911

Saint'sRow911

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:27 AM

Personally just own a Ruger 10/22. Fun to plink around with from time to time, and love how cheap it is to shoot.

My older brother is huge into guns though, so I get to shoot some cool stuff from time to time. Once I graduate college I'll probably add a couple to my arsenal, probably a 9mm Glock and Remington 870

#112 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:57 AM

A thread I can really get behind! I have owned a Browning gold trigger .22 level action since I ws a kid and my dad gave it to me. For many many years I didn't own any other guns, but after a string of break ins in the area I decided about 3 years ago to get a pistol for the house to protect the family......then the bug bit me. My wife thinks I've gone overboard, but I have some fun guns now.
Rock River Arms AR-15 with Eotech holographic sight and magnifier
Ruger Gunsite Scout .308 bolt action rifle
Remington 30.06 scoped
Ruger Takedown 10/22 rifle
Savage Mark 2 .22 bolt action
Marlin .22 rifle
Remington 877 tactical 12 gauge

Pistols:
FNH FNP tactical .45 pistol with Trijicon holo sight
Kimber Custom .45 tactical 1911
Kimber Custom Carry .45 1911 with Crimson Tracer laser (I carry this in a pocket holster)
Taurus 1911 in .45 (hate it)
Ruger GP100 Revolver in .357 Maginum
Walther p22

Of course the are other guns I'm wanting still.....

:drool: Your collection is $$$.

Personally just own a Ruger 10/22. Fun to plink around with from time to time, and love how cheap it is to shoot.

My older brother is huge into guns though, so I get to shoot some cool stuff from time to time. Once I graduate college I'll probably add a couple to my arsenal, probably a 9mm Glock and Remington 870

If you're only going to own one, a 10/22 is a good one to go with.

#113 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:59 AM

While I'm on it, I picked up a Ruger MKII not too long ago. It's becoming one of my favorite pistols.

Posted Image

#114 jousley

jousley

10yr Member of CAG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:06 AM

While I'm on it, I picked up a Ruger MKII not too long ago. It's becoming one of my favorite pistols.

Posted Image

Great looking pistol! Been wanting a classic Ruger. If you don't mind me asking, how much did that set you back?

#115 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:07 AM

Around $450 minus the sight and rail.

#116 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:01 AM

no guns, but i do own a katana.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#117 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:12 AM

A real one or a flea market one?

#118 Zoglog

Zoglog

Blogging = AIDS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:01 AM

Man the Zombie crap is going way out of control. Shot show was flooded with tons of gimmicky zombie stuff. The really ridiculous one is the eotech that's $500 with a stupid bio hazard reticule... really?

I finally took my .308 out for shooting once. Glad it didn't explode considering I put it together....
The concussion on that is a beast compared to 5.56. I can only imagine how bad 50 cal or .338 is

#119 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

Yeah, the zombie stuff is out of hand (and usually crappy).

Zoglog, any vids?

While I'm here, I figured I'd post two recents.

Authentic Mosin Sniper

Posted Image

Sterling 9mm

Posted Image

#120 Zoglog

Zoglog

Blogging = AIDS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:37 PM

Yeah, the zombie stuff is out of hand (and usually crappy).

Zoglog, any vids?

While I'm here, I figured I'd post two recents.

Authentic Mosin Sniper

Posted Image

Sterling 9mm

Posted Image

Nice, I shot my co-workers mosin. Nice sterling :D
No videos of the .308 being shot though :(