CAGcast #230: Space Michael and Friends

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:34 AM

The friends of Space Michael discuss the Dragon Age 2 Demo, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, the latest game shopping and industry news, your CAGbag and Twitter questions and so much more!

Download - 81 minutes, 49MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Support the CAGcast with these GoDaddy coupon codes:
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$7.49 domain = CAGDOMAIN

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):
Spoiler

Edited by CheapyD, 24 February 2011 - 09:09 AM.

#2 Gentlegamer

Gentlegamer

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:03 AM

Listening while I wait for King's Quest III Redux to finish downloading. . .
Posted Image

#3 FishyJoe

FishyJoe

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:15 AM

Wonder what the boys from hazard county have to say this week...

#4 Gentlegamer

Gentlegamer

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:18 AM

Cheapy is tired.

Posted Image

#5 Necrozilla

Necrozilla

meeeeeeeeeeeeep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:42 AM

What does one consume during an episode of the CAGcast?

W A N TRdBqKD5.pngW A N T
H A V E03ol2Bg.pngH A V E

vTIvNK1.gifhlCUS8Z.gif

#6 repete

repete

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:08 PM

good show guys
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 Fjordson

Fjordson

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:42 PM

Maybe I'm crazy, but I enjoy your current formula a lot. It's definitely one of the most entertaining podcasts I listen to (and I listen to a lot of them on a regular basis). A new episode of the CAGcast never fails to make my week better.

Your work with the show is greatly appreciated in my household (the wife is a big fan as well) so, thanks!

Edited by Fjordson, 24 February 2011 - 02:47 PM.

#8 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:18 PM

Hi thanks for reading my comment from last week about getting more listeners.

The two statements I made weren't really contradicting though I dont think:

1. Have someone on your show with different taste in games
2. Dont talk about games nobody cares about

An admittedly not very great example would be Little Big Planet 2...none of you played it because it's not your thing but there's a lot of people that would rather hear about a big game like that than something like that dumb ass dreamcast collection that was reviewed.

#9 RichMeisterMan

RichMeisterMan

Umbrella Executive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:19 PM

You guys nailed it on the fighting games and learning how to play them. Nice to see I'm not the only one that can't string together ridiculous combos with little to no hints.

#10 Kaneco

Kaneco

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:19 PM

I'm going to ask again...

What is the CAG #228 podcast's intro song's name? xD

I've been waiting for someone to answer this question for about two weeks now.

#11 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:20 PM

Where's the link for the sales data on making your game on sale on steam, and itunes?
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#12 DietCokeJunkey

DietCokeJunkey

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:34 PM

I'm going to ask again...

What is the CAG #228 podcast's intro song's name? xD

I've been waiting for someone to answer this question for about two weeks now.

Based on the show notes from that cast, it's John Parr vs Tommyknockers - Man in Motion

DarkZion9.png card.png

Yeah jay remedy was really the heart and soul of this thread.

story isn't outstanding.. but the fact you can rub a girl and make them naked? and hear them moaning ?

total worth my money

#13 granom

granom

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:42 PM

Dudes, you guys are back in the game. Nice show.

I don't post here much (like, EVER) but I have been listening since show #8!! I am the CAG you mentioned who worked with Larry Kenney (the voice of Lion-O). I thought the CAGs would be interested to know that not only is Mr. Kenney ALIVE but he is also providing the voice of Lion-O's dad in the new Thundercats show.

Again, very nice podcast this week, guys. Don't listen to the haters. I LOL'd at Cheapy's "Nazi Germany in Toy Story 3" comment. Keep the dream alive.

#14 Treythalomew

Treythalomew

Add me on PSN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:53 PM

I agree about how stupid xbla prices are. It is a real shame that they don't just allow demand prices to take over. There are plenty of games that I'd buy for even 5 dollars but it is still 10 or 15 dollars. I usually stick to buying games that are the DoTW that I'd enjoy.

XBLA really looks dumb when I take my ipad out and purchase all kinds of awesome games for a dollar.

Also I think the show is great. One of the few podcasts that I usually listen to on a regular basis.
Posted Image

#15 Darknyss

Darknyss

Trophies 4TW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:21 PM

As a new iPhone owner, I really look forward to the iOS segment now.

Inspector Gadget is a good game, especially since it doesn't cost anything. I was also surprised when I saw you could download full episodes (although the quality isn't that great).

I've also been playing the shit out of Coin Dozer. As Shipwreck said on the last show, it keeps you coming back every day just to use your coins and level up.

Also another game that's getting a lot of internet love lately is Tiny Wings. It's only 99 cents and a simple but well done game. I definitely recommend checking it out.

Finally, if you have a chance to pick up Street Fighter IV on sale... do it! The controls are simplified for iOS and the game is a thing of beauty on the iPhone 4.

Good show btw.

#16 McBeesj

McBeesj

Posted 24 February 2011 - 04:00 PM

I listen to 3 1up podcasts
OXM
IGN Gamescoop
Major Nelson
Weekend Confirmed
Feedback
and CAGCast is the best, I think everything is taste, maybe it is because you guys are older like me but I love the comedy and attitude, do not change anything or I will be pissed. I think it would be great if you got a designer or developer on the show but did not change the show show asked him random questions but do not sacrifice jokes.

gamertag mcbeesj

#17 McBeesj

McBeesj

Posted 24 February 2011 - 04:07 PM

I am with you on super meat boy Shipwreck, but I did not play Limbo, new chapter updates!

#18 McBeesj

McBeesj

Posted 24 February 2011 - 05:11 PM

I gaming site I go to most is the one with the most up to date news and the most news G4 and then I go to 1up a lot because of the leveling system and I listen to all of their podcasts and want to support them and look at the show notes

#19 Kaneco

Kaneco

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 05:51 PM

Based on the show notes from that cast, it's John Parr vs Tommyknockers - Man in Motion

I found the remix they used...It's called "John Parr - New Horizon".

Man in Motion & New Horizon are both the same songs which contain those phrases in their lyrics.

I think the name is actually "Elmo's Fire".

Yeah, Tommyknockers performed the remix and named it "New Horizon"

Thanks to you, I found it! xD

#20 Excast

Excast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:07 PM

I'm kind of surprised that only Wombat liked Dragon Age or the DA 2 demo. Based on what I have heard of Shipwreck's taste in games, I assume dhe would be a fan too. On a scale of 1-10, where would you guys rank yourselves in terms of how much you enjoy RPGs?

#21 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:51 PM

Inspector Gadget...
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#22 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:13 PM

wow another episode of lets be a douchebag to wombat. seriously cheapy you and shipwreck need to let up on the bullshit. i actually was interested in wombats views on the toy story 3 game since id heard positive things about the open world toy box but i dont know anyone who played it.

both of you are just as guilty about going on and on about shit people dont really want to hear so lighten up already. the 2 of you act like your shit dont stink and seem to get way too much pleasure from ganging up on wombat.

we get it already shipwreck you love cheapy more than life itself and you cant stand to share him with anyone. and vice versa but enough is enough with that shit. stop letting your man love for each other pull down the quality of the show if necessary go circle jerk on xbox live before doing the cagcast that way we dont have to be assulted wih your petty bullshit.

#23 dubbfoolio

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:18 PM

Interesting discussion on the xbl arcade pricing. I'm sure microsoft controls this to prevent what has happened on the apple app store which is a constant battle of undercutting prices. It's rare that I'll spend more than $.99 for an app, which is probably true for most people.

PS: nice outro. Enjoy yo'r fishing!!

Edited by dubbfoolio, 24 February 2011 - 09:02 PM.

#24 volt1up

volt1up

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:41 PM

I'm at the point where I cringe whenever I hear you guys talk about a PS3 exclusive. Not looking forward to your Killzone 3 impressions.

Uhh.mmm..its okaaaaaay...the 3D is great!
-Future CheapyD

#25 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:25 PM

I'm at the point where I cringe whenever I hear you guys talk about a PS3 exclusive. Not looking forward to your Killzone 3 impressions.

Uhh.mmm..its okaaaaaay...the 3D is great!
-Future CheapyD

just be ready for the halo / gears of war comparisons. it was ok but here here and here if only it was more like gears of war or halo.

#26 Archaic

Archaic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:35 PM

just be ready for the halo / gears of war comparisons. it was ok but here here and here if only it was more like gears of war or halo.

I don't think I've ever heard the guys say that they particularly loved Halo or Gears. I don't think Cheapy finished the latest iterations of either, actually.

#27 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:45 PM

Forgot to say, please talk about Brink as soon as you can. I'm looking forward to it but haven't really heard much about it.

#28 billyok

billyok

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:01 PM

Wow, all three of you quick to dismiss de Blob 2, which is a great game. What a shame. Though not a surprise. Show's getting lazier by the week.

#29 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:09 PM

Wow, all three of you quick to dismiss de Blob 2, which is a great game. What a shame. Though not a surprise. Show's getting lazier by the week.

Nothing about de Blob interests me, that's not lazy, it is honest.

#30 Digital Bees

Digital Bees

Streets Ahead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:28 PM

The two statements I made weren't really contradicting though I dont think:

1. Have someone on your show with different taste in games
2. Dont talk about games nobody cares about

But the problem with your logic is that you assume everyone cares about the same games universally. You bring up LBP2...well I don't care about that game. So if you do your #1...and have someone come on to talk about LBP2...then you've just went against #2 for me.

Anyways...

I agree with you guys that Microsoft should be lowering the prices of some of their first year XBLA games. Why would I ever buy Dig Dug for 400 points when I can get an indie game like Epic Dungeon that's only 80 points and is, in my opinion, a better game.

And Wombat...if you want to get Doug Benson on your show, try bribing him with weed.