Cool Spot for Genesis $9.99 at Gamestop!

I remember pouring over an old Nintendo Power with this game in it along with Clay Fighter, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, and Super Star Wars with glazed over hypnotized eyes as a kid.

[quote name='zane_7849']I remember pouring over an old Nintendo Power with this game in it along with Clay Fighter, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, and Super Star Wars with glazed over hypnotized eyes as a kid.[/QUOTE]

ZAMY really needs a HD remake. That game was fantastic.

[quote name='KneeKnee']ZAMY really needs a HD remake. That game was fantastic.[/QUOTE]
Yes it does. Or at the least it needs to be included on a second volume of Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection(along w/ Cool Spot).;)

Remember this game too. It was pretty fun.

Also,loved Zombie Ate My Neighbors. Great game. Had it for SNES.

Another game that I loved for Genesis was General Chaos. GENESIS EXCLUSIVE BABY!! Probably my favorite Genesis game besides ToeJam and Earl.

[quote name='whoknows']You had a snes? I'm sorry.

Genesis does what Nintendon't![/QUOTE]

Wasn't this on PC? Isn't this game using 7 UP guy?
This game was a good game back in the day. i don't know how this holds up today.

What the hell, Gamestop? I have a copy of this game too though.

Also re: ZAMN...I can't believe it hasn't been released on XBLA.

I have this game for snes. It's definately a good game from the golden era of platformers. I never beat it, maybe I'll give it a shot this weekend while my B-spec races a few endurance races. SNES on 50" plasma = awesomeness, at least to me.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yes it does. Or at the least it needs to be included on a second volume of Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection(along w/ Cool Spot).;)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Wikipedia']Zombies Ate My Neighbors (renamed Zombies in Europe and Australia due to censorship issues) is a 1993 run and gun video game for the Sega Mega Drive/Sega Genesis and Super NES platforms. The game was originally developed, distributed, and produced by LucasArts as a comical tribute to both classic and horror films of the 1950s through the 1980s. It was published by Konami.[/quote]

Developed and produced bt LucasArts, published by Konami. I see no reason for this not to be remade.

[quote name='Abeja']Remember this game too. It was pretty fun.

Also,loved Zombie Ate My Neighbors. Great game. Had it for SNES.

Another game that I loved for Genesis was General Chaos. GENESIS EXCLUSIVE BABY!! Probably my favorite Genesis game besides ToeJam and Earl.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, where the hell is TJ&E? Sega has rereleased a ton of crap while that game sits static.

This is a pretty funny/weird glitch. I think this is definitive proof that GS website programmers are always finding new ways to troll.

[quote name='mr_bungle']SNES was wayy better..that's pretty much general consensus.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't it depend on what you want to play? Both were excellent consoles, with no clear winner, though Genesis did out sell the SNES.

[quote name='KneeKnee']Developed and produced bt LucasArts, published by Konami. I see no reason for this not to be remade.

Yeah, where the hell is TJ&E? Sega has rereleased a ton of crap while that game sits static.[/QUOTE]
There was a TJ&E game on the Xbox last gen. As for ZAMN, I'd love to see that, General Chaos and Cyborg Justice all released on a second SUGC.

But as for remaking it/updating it, I'm kinda bored with the whole 'we gotta remake this' thing that's going on. Just port it to PS3/360 via a PSN release.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']There was a TJ&E game on the Xbox last gen. As for ZAMN, I'd love to see that, General Chaos and Cyborg Justice all released on a second SUGC.

But as for remaking it/updating it, I'm kinda bored with the whole 'we gotta remake this' thing that's going on. Just port it to PS3/360 via a PSN release.[/QUOTE]

Didnt know they had a TJ&E last gen, I've never owned an Xbox.

They dont need to make a high res, updated version of every game, but they cant half-ass it either. If its multiplayer, it needs online support, mic support and trophies/achievements. The "new" Neo-Geo games released on PSN were a slap in the face to fans. They were completely half-assed... Though, Konami is pretty good with keeping up, unlike SNKP.

[quote name='whoknows']Genesis was just the best console during that particular generation of gaming.[/QUOTE]

AGREED! :D ...cool spot, what a great game! I had over a good 100 games for the genesis and segacd. Loved the first TJ&E...probably one of my favorites along with Sword of Vermillion.

Lol, I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. GameStop Troll + Ridiculous SNES vs. Genesis debate = Lulzzzzz.
I had a Genesis, I remember having the full book to Sword of Vermillion, lol. It's too bad most of my dad's/my Genesis stuff was probably in our storage unit that got auctioned off, think there's a few cartridges around (pretty sure we didn't have many games, rented a few mostly), but I still have the original system as well as an arcade stick for it and a regular controller. Wonder where my dad's Atari is....

Oh, and Castle of Illusion + World of Illusion >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Epic Mickey, just sayin'.

bread's done
Back