Photo
- - - - -

Cool Spot for Genesis $9.99 at Gamestop!

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#31 JSP

JSP

Return to my Roots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:10 AM

Is this a sequel to Terminator Salvation?
Posted Image

where scoob

#32 SuperMario64

SuperMario64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:18 AM

You had a snes? I'm sorry.

Genesis does what Nintendon't!

Hey! Snes version FTW

#33 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:21 AM

Genesis was just the best console during that particular generation of gaming.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#34 Dr. Venkman

Dr. Venkman

Body Piercer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:28 AM

No. A hundred times no.
I'm not yellow. I'm gold.

#35 mr_bungle

mr_bungle

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:30 AM

SNES was wayy better..that's pretty much general consensus.

#36 SuperMario64

SuperMario64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:33 AM

No. A hundred times no.

A thousand times agreed.

#37 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:34 AM

SNES was wayy better..that's pretty much general consensus.

Doesn't it depend on what you want to play? Both were excellent consoles, with no clear winner, though Genesis did out sell the SNES.

#38 sayu

sayu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:34 AM

Don't waste your money on this, Yo! Noid is better.

#39 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:57 AM

Developed and produced bt LucasArts, published by Konami. I see no reason for this not to be remade.

Yeah, where the hell is TJ&E? Sega has rereleased a ton of crap while that game sits static.

There was a TJ&E game on the Xbox last gen. As for ZAMN, I'd love to see that, General Chaos and Cyborg Justice all released on a second SUGC.

But as for remaking it/updating it, I'm kinda bored with the whole 'we gotta remake this' thing that's going on. Just port it to PS3/360 via a PSN release.

Edited by IAmTheCheapestGamer, 25 February 2011 - 06:14 AM.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#40 KemperJones

KemperJones

MSRP is for suckers.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:09 AM

Love this game.

Are you just searching Gamestop.com for errors?

Now Playing:  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8
My Completed Games Lists: 2014 (27) - 2013 (23) - 2012 (51) - 2011 (27) Most Recent:   :ps4: inFamous: First Light

My Trading/Selling List - Club Nintendo PINs/Coins,PS3,360,Wii,3DS,Vita, & More101351.png

#41 KneeKnee

KneeKnee

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:23 AM

There was a TJ&E game on the Xbox last gen. As for ZAMN, I'd love to see that, General Chaos and Cyborg Justice all released on a second SUGC.

But as for remaking it/updating it, I'm kinda bored with the whole 'we gotta remake this' thing that's going on. Just port it to PS3/360 via a PSN release.

Didnt know they had a TJ&E last gen, I've never owned an Xbox.

They dont need to make a high res, updated version of every game, but they cant half-ass it either. If its multiplayer, it needs online support, mic support and trophies/achievements. The "new" Neo-Geo games released on PSN were a slap in the face to fans. They were completely half-assed... Though, Konami is pretty good with keeping up, unlike SNKP.

KneeKnee.png

#42 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:28 AM

Yeah they had a a TJ&E for Xbox. It was alright. It was more like the first one than Funkatron.

#43 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:39 AM

i remember playing that as a kid im fucking old

:bomb:

That's what I was thinking..

#44 Mr.

Mr.

Posted 25 February 2011 - 07:35 AM

Doesn't it depend on what you want to play? Both were excellent consoles, with no clear winner, though Genesis did out sell the SNES.

Don't you mean the opposite? I'm not sure how accurate IGN's numbers are, but 49 million SNES to 29 million Genesis.
http://retro.ign.com...5/965032p1.html

#45 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 07:36 AM

Maybe he meant should have outsold the SNES because Genesis is better.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#46 super_dawn

super_dawn

Posted 25 February 2011 - 07:36 AM

AGREED! :D ...cool spot, what a great game! I had over a good 100 games for the genesis and segacd. Loved the first TJ&E...probably one of my favorites along with Sword of Vermillion.

Guybrush: At least I've learnt something from all of this.
Elaine: What's that?
Guybrush: Never pay more than 20 bucks for a game.

:3ds: my 3DS friend code is: 1934-0672-7017 ---Animal Crossing: Msg me if you add! thx!

Animal Crossing Villager Outfits Follow me:  superdawn3.tumblr.com

ChocDeathMousse.jpg

#47 Diebythesword

Diebythesword

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 07:40 AM

Genesis does what Nintendon't!

Suck?

:-#

#48 spcheap

spcheap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:14 AM

This was a great game.

#49 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:56 AM

Lol, I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. GameStop Troll + Ridiculous SNES vs. Genesis debate = Lulzzzzz.
I had a Genesis, I remember having the full book to Sword of Vermillion, lol. It's too bad most of my dad's/my Genesis stuff was probably in our storage unit that got auctioned off, think there's a few cartridges around (pretty sure we didn't have many games, rented a few mostly), but I still have the original system as well as an arcade stick for it and a regular controller. Wonder where my dad's Atari is....

Oh, and Castle of Illusion + World of Illusion >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Epic Mickey, just sayin'.

#50 padlok

padlok

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:53 AM

Just like now it was personal choice. The SNES had better graphics for sure but the SEGA Genesis always seemed to be faster with controls that worked. I broke so many SNES controllers. I'd hit a button on that shitty controller and nothing would happen. I rarely had that issue with the Genesis. Having said that there were millions of people who just had a feel for the SNES. If you put Street Fighter side by side on both systems the SNES was beautiful.

#51 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:57 AM

I thought Fire_Thief was back for a minute..

#52 padlok

padlok

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:57 AM

Don't you mean the opposite? I'm not sure how accurate IGN's numbers are, but 49 million SNES to 29 million Genesis.

I recall the Genesis crushed the SNES out of the gate. When Street Fighter hit the SNES, Nintendo picked up major steam and took over after that.

#53 GOTA

GOTA

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:16 PM

AGREED! :D ...cool spot, what a great game! I had over a good 100 games for the genesis and segacd. Loved the first TJ&E...probably one of my favorites along with Sword of Vermillion.

Bbbbig Earl! I loved that game. I bought it a couple of years ago for the Wii Virtual Console. It brought back a lot of great memories. We used to play that all the time senior year of college when it first came out.

#54 bmulligan

bmulligan

I am a free man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:31 PM

You kids make me feel really old. I had my genesis when I was a senior in college.

This

The Neo-Communist Manifesto: "In your mind freedom is an end in and of itself. In my mind freedom is a means of improving society and giving people a better life. Those ideas result in very different methods of running society. " - alonzomourning23

bmulligan.png<------GOOZEX ?    Goozex is dead.

#55 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:14 PM

I recall the Genesis crushed the SNES out of the gate. When Street Fighter hit the SNES, Nintendo picked up major steam and took over after that.

Also worth noting that Genesis sales were mostly dependent on the US and Europe, as Japan didn't really care for the console compared to the Super Famicom. Both it and the PC Engine were beating out the Mega Drive over in Japan.

Either way, growing up with both an SNES and a Genesis was the best thing ever.

#56 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

#poppinpills

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:16 PM

God I loved Cool Spot when I was a kid. What a fun game trying to get all the other spots!

Also, the Genesis came out well before the SNES, so it of course took the early lead since the 8bit NES was so outdated by then. But when the SNES came out it blew the Genesis away in color palette and other things. But I remember that all the sports games were better on the Genesis for some reason, so I was glad I had it already.

Matt is a bastard PS3 case hoarder and Stotch still thinks he is the CAG champ.

Wrencrest.png

#57 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:23 PM

Ah, I remember Cool Spot. I even still own my copy, along with my Genesis. I may have to break it out this afternoon and give it another shot- it'll probably be a lot easier now that I'm not... *Checks release date* Holy **** I was three when I played it for the first time? O_o

#58 kburns10

kburns10

You Gots to Chill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:00 PM

oh, and castle of illusion + world of illusion >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> epic mickey, but still not as good as mickey mania, just sayin'.

fixed.
Posted Image

$60 for FIVE kick ass games? With a BUNCH of extras?

And some of you are COMPLAINING about the price?

Youre not a CAG, just a CMF!! lol

#59 zane_7849

zane_7849

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:08 PM

Never expected a SNES/Genesis flame war. Nice to know in 20 years we'll all still be debating PS3 Vs 360 at the drop of a hat. :)

#60 MCalvert1

MCalvert1

AKA AssaultSuit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:55 PM

This is a quote from an article on IGN from 2009:

"Nintendo moved 49.1 million Super NES consoles over the course of the generation and beyond, far surpassing the Genesis, which sold a still impressive 29 million units."

Those are worldwide numbers; it was a bit closer in the US.

And a link for those who care:

MjC