SOCOM 4 U.S. Navy Seals Full Deployment Edition $149.99

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#31 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:41 AM

SO it's easy to use? Do all the buttons respond well? And can't you cock back the nav controller to reload?

I'm still waiting for my Sharp Shooter from Amazon, but from my Battle Rifle experience, I love it. The Battle Rifle, no, the buttons are not easy to press (except for the Navi and trigger). But reloading using Move is very easy, just sort of rotate a bit clockwise.

#32 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:46 AM

Rizing storm has three games in it. Time Crisis 4 is one of them. Deadstorm Pirates is the other... They all play very well with the gun attachment.

Found a pic of the box, the fourth one I was talking about was Dead Space extraction.

#33 genfuyung

genfuyung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:47 AM

If I can get this to show up in my golbox I'm in.

#34 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:18 AM

Found a pic of the box, the fourth one I was talking about was Dead Space extraction.

Oh that's right, forgot about that one...

#35 mdcross

mdcross

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:25 AM

That sounds like an amazing deal! When does amazon charge debit cards? After shipment or right away (as soon as you preorder).

when it ships.

#36 3rdbass

3rdbass

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:27 AM

You can also play this game with RE5 Gold Edition with move move controls. Also can do it in split-screen. I posted this deal on gamespot forum earlier today because I think it is a great deal. I tried the move controllers with KZ3 and it really helps with the distance shots.

#37 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:05 AM

You can also play this game with RE5 Gold Edition with move move controls. Also can do it in split-screen. I posted this deal on gamespot forum earlier today because I think it is a great deal. I tried the move controllers with KZ3 and it really helps with the distance shots.

I wonder if the gun would be good for RE too, I never played RE 5 Gold with the move so I don't know the control scheme.

#38 SkyMasterson

SkyMasterson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:35 AM

If I can get this to show up in my golbox I'm in.

Wait!? You can get items like this to show up in goldbox?

If so, I'm canceling. I always thought big items like this never showed up.

#39 oldboy26

oldboy26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:40 AM

Great deal if you don't already have a Move.

I hope SOCOM 4 is good.

even if it isn't technically you could just say you bought all the move stuff and got socom for free :P
Posted Image

#40 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:54 AM

even if it isn't technically you could just say you bought all the move stuff and got socom for free :P

Or you could sell Socom 4 for Killzone 3. I'm thinking about doing that, I'm not really a big Socom fan, but want a move and the sharpshooter for Time Crisis and Killzone.

#41 jdb230

jdb230

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:08 AM

This looks to be a solid deal, and as much as I hate gamestop, I'm seriously considering preordering from them, just to get the abandoned map. I can't believe its been nearly 10 years now since Socom first came out and as far as the playstation is concerned, the beginning of online shooters. Socom was all I played back then....and abandoned was my all time favorite map..that is until socom 2 came out and they totally ruined the map by making it night time :/ sadly, I never upgraded to a ps3, and instead I went with xbox, but now that Socom 4 is FINALLY coming out, I think I'm going to finally pick up a ps3 as well lol.

#42 hetz15

hetz15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:15 AM

Or you could sell Socom 4 for Killzone 3. I'm thinking about doing that, I'm not really a big Socom fan, but want a move and the sharpshooter for Time Crisis and Killzone.

I'm thinking that also. I'm on the fence in getting move, but I want Time Crisis and KZ3 in the bundle, not that sport thing.

#43 whodeybengals9

whodeybengals9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:26 AM

I'll probably buy this. I like it because you can use the bonus stuff (move, navigation, sharp shooter for other games) whereas in other bundles like MW2 the night vision goggles are just a novelty.

#44 bobo2k4

bobo2k4

OooSplendiforous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:50 AM

Damn it. Why did I buy a move so early?!
I think I'm going to preorder it for now and see what happens.
Posted Image
Props to Ozzkev for the sig.

#45 lweinste

lweinste

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:55 PM

but you only really need the game + move bundle = $159.98 lol who cares about the gun

Which move bundle are you talking about? The Sports Champions bundle does not include the nav controller, which you really need for Socom / Killzone.

#46 rogueweapon

rogueweapon

FREEyourMIND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:11 PM

I don't really want the gun, but it might be fun, and I have a playstation eye already, but I do have 2 ps3s so I can use and extra pseye, I want the nav controller and the move and SC4, but I could wait till SC4 drops in price, but Cheapy D has to feed his family , I don't have the time to play any games and my backlog is fockin huge, but this is a good deal..... aaaaw fockit I'm in.
Posted Image

GET SMART, sub my videos & favorites on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/rogueweapon

@rogueweapon twitter
http://www.twitter.com/rogueweapon

#47 Stationfan

Stationfan

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:07 PM

I'm defininetly getting this, even though I already have 2 moves, pseye, and nav. Had recently bought the Sharpshooter 39.99 and Socom 4 looks tempting 59.99

So for 50 more i get all those other goodies, I'm in

#48 Mogui

Mogui

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:36 PM

For all those saying that the dont really want the gun, try it! I got the move bundle and was thinkin about potentially returning it after playing some demos and the KZ beta/demo, but KZ3 release was w/in my return time, so i waited for release.

i played through the first 4 or 5 levels w/ reg DS3 first night of release. then the next day as a last try for the move i got the last sharpshooter available from my local BB.

It was a little frustrating to get setup at first, as you cant use the same settings as just the move, this setup is working for me right now: 0 , 0 , 10 , 50, hold (aim), toggle (crouch) [if you dont understand this, you will when you see the move setup area in KZ3, id imagine socom should have a similar setup, will check when beta is out]

after getting the settings right and calibrating, man, was that a difference! i restarted the campaign on a lesser difficulty to get used to the drastically different controls and its at least for me much more fun and immersive with the gun. the sharpshooter is different from all the other gun attachments in that it uses a digital connection to the move and remaps harder to reach buttons right to where your hands will be. the only times i have to move my hands off trigger area or nav are when i need to hit start/select.

after playing w/ sharpshooter for 1 night it completely sold me on keeping the entire move setup and not waiting until a later time when prices came down. if you dont already have most of these parts its a super good deal. im thinking about getting this pack for the extra move/nav and a spare sharpshooter for split screen when friends/fam come over

#49 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:18 PM

Forget getting this on amazon it's basically $130 @ BB. You get 500 bonus points ($10) for pre-ordering socom plus another $10 in rewards zone points for spending $150 on gaming accessories. There's also the regular rewards points on top of that.
Plus the 500 bonus points for fight night & hunted demons forge will be posting during that week so I could drop the out of pocket price to $120.

#50 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:37 AM

Forget getting this on amazon it's basically $130 @ BB. You get 500 bonus points ($10) for pre-ordering socom plus another $10 in rewards zone points for spending $150 on gaming accessories. There's also the regular rewards points on top of that.
Plus the 500 bonus points for fight night & hunted demons forge will be posting during that week so I could drop the out of pocket price to $120.

Well you have to pay tax at best buy so it's techincally $140 vs $150.... And if you have prime then free release date delivery, and you don't have to worry if your local best buy is getting a lot of copies in or not.

#51 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:09 AM

Well you have to pay tax at best buy so it's techincally $140 vs $150.... And if you have prime then free release date delivery, and you don't have to worry if your local best buy is getting a lot of copies in or not.

I'm @ my friends house in tax free DE right now...if BB screws up the pre-order like they did wit MVC3 @ least I can goto my local BB who knows me at all the items individually and they'll adjust the price accordingly. I'm making a preemptive strike and posted this as a possible solution on the BB forums page that way if they screw up I can bring the printout in. Still though this is a better deal @ BB at least for now but the game is 2 months away.

#52 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:15 AM

I'm @ my friends house in tax free DE right now...if BB screws up the pre-order like they did wit MVC3 @ least I can goto my local BB who knows me at all the items individually and they'll adjust the price accordingly. I'm making a preemptive strike and posted this as a possible solution on the BB forums page that way if they screw up I can bring the printout in. Still though this is a better deal @ BB at least for now but the game is 2 months away.

Yeah, if you live in a tax free state then it is. Hate tax..... At least it's not 20% like the Brits get.

#53 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:21 AM

Yeah, if you live in a tax free state then it is. Hate tax..... At least it's not 20% like the Brits get.

True dat, I live in Philly 8% here but it's only a 45 min. drive to DE and I have friends/family that I visit often so no big deal plus I drive for a living. Anytime I make a big purchase DE it is, I got 3 halo reach when BB was giving a $20 giftcard all in DE same with the COD MW2 bundles $150 each DE. CAG

#54 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 04:47 AM

Can't wait to see this bundle on AWD thread a few weeks after it's launch!!

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#55 platinumdragon7

platinumdragon7

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 04:58 AM

Awesome bundle. I'll pick this up for sure. I have a move and eye already, but I'll just ebay the extra and I'll still be ahead money wise.
Follow me on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/platinumdragon7
Gaming videos, Food reviews, vlogs, more...

#56 ryheeles

ryheeles

No days off

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 05:05 AM

Purchases don't count towards Gamers Club bonus certs if you use a cert on the transaction. Still not a bad deal at BB, though.

#57 jdb230

jdb230

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 05:08 AM

Purchases don't count towards Gamers Club bonus certs if you use a cert on the transaction. Still not a bad deal at BB, though.

only the portion that was paid for with a rewardzone certificate dont count (ie. if a game costs $59.99, and you use a $10 reward zone certifcate, you will only receive points for the $49.99 portion).

#58 sgaldis

sgaldis

Posted 27 February 2011 - 05:21 AM

Man, this really looks sweet. I sold my Move bundle back before X-Mas, but with Killzone 3 out (LOVING IT) and SOCOM on the horizon, my interest in the Move is piqued again. For $150, this seems like a hella solid deal!

#59 ryheeles

ryheeles

No days off

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 05:40 AM

only the portion that was paid for with a rewardzone certificate dont count (ie. if a game costs $59.99, and you use a $10 reward zone certifcate, you will only receive points for the $49.99 portion).

I know you get standard points, but nothing's been applied to my Gamers Club when I've used certs. It would definitely be nice if they've fixed that, but I haven't had any luck with it so far.

#60 Stationfan

Stationfan

Posted 27 February 2011 - 05:45 AM

SO it's easy to use? Do all the buttons respond well? And can't you cock back the nav controller to reload?

Right away its not lets say DS3 easy (which only feels easy because we've been playing with analogs for years). But after awhile it clicks and feels very natural and immersive.

In fact when ever it starts feeling natural you will eventually like it, because the immersive Level adds another experience not replicated. By the analogs sticks.

Really man I have the sharpshooter move setup, and I'm even enjoying playing Resident Evil 5 which i didnt like with DS3, its harder with Sharpshooter but just enjoyed the immersion.