SOCOM 4 U.S. Navy Seals Full Deployment Edition $149.99

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#121 quest1962

quest1962

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:38 PM

I'm perplexed as to why this doesn't include a mic when it is ESSENTIAL to SOCOM...

I already have a mic, but i suspect many people who are unfamiliar with the series, or newcomers who will be buying this as their first experience will not.

During the beta, I played a gamemode where 7(out of a team max of 8) other teammates did not have a mic...

While that is a valid point, I think the addition of the mic takes away from the obvious Move promotion. Clearly Sony wants as many Moves out there as possible, and adding a mic detracts from that, on a marketing level.
Yes, a mic is needed. But you can get one separately for a decent price. The bundle would be a little too expensive at that point as well.

#122 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:22 PM

^Doesn't the camera / ps eye have a mic built in? I might wait for this bundle to drop or go on sale.

#123 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:04 PM

I'm perplexed as to why this doesn't include a mic when it is ESSENTIAL to SOCOM...

I already have a mic, but i suspect many people who are unfamiliar with the series, or newcomers who will be buying this as their first experience will not.

During the beta, I played a gamemode where 7(out of a team max of 8) other teammates did not have a mic...

While that is a valid point, I think the addition of the mic takes away from the obvious Move promotion. Clearly Sony wants as many Moves out there as possible, and adding a mic detracts from that, on a marketing level.
Yes, a mic is needed. But you can get one separately for a decent price. The bundle would be a little too expensive at that point as well.

^Doesn't the camera / ps eye have a mic built in? I might wait for this bundle to drop or go on sale.

The camera has a mic built in with an echo canceling feature that you can configure so you don't have your TV echoing, some guy was demonstrating it on youtube and he does it twice to get most of the echo out.
Gran Turismo 5 B-Spec Primer - Now with colors!
"When I started racing my father told me, ‘Cristiano, nobody has three balls but some people have two very good ones'." – Cristiano Da Matta

"Any drunk can fall off a bar stool. It takes a real man to ride it all the way to the ground."

Referal for Dusk 514:

#124 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2011 - 09:59 PM

An early access voucher to the Resistance 3 public beta has been added to Socom 4.
Link:http://gamrfeed.vgch...ded-in-socom-4/
I have been BS's on pre-ordering this but I'm going to BB tomorrow and while I'm there I'll pre-order MK tournament Edition. $300 for both and $45 in reward zone certs not a bad haul.

Edit:MK TE sold out PS3/X360 on BB.com both these games gonna sell like crazy.