Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5516 replies to this topic

#3301 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

:ps3: The Last of Us: Survival Edition (USA) - $79.99 (5/7/13)

Spoiler

GameStop

:ps3: The Last of Us: Post-Pandemic Edition (GameStop Exclusive) (USA) - $159.99 (5/7/13)

Spoiler

GameStop

Playstation Blog

#3302 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

wait, the post-pandemic edition doesn't come with the Artbook from the Survival edition? That makes no sense.

#3303 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

wait, the post-pandemic edition doesn't come with the Artbook from the Survival edition? That makes no sense.

This.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3304 Vigilante

Vigilante

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

Yeah, I agree, that's really strange. If it did, I'd be slightly tempted to get the Post-Pandemic Edition, but as it is, I'll just get the Survival Edition from BBY.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Flying Hamster HD; Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]
Last Beaten Game [4/7]:  :vita: Rayman Legends ( :applause: :applause: :applause:)

Last Watched Film: Captain America: The Winter Soldier ( :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3305 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

The statue looks pretty, but no way do I pay an extra $80 for that and the Survival DLC. And the no art book definitely kills it.

#3306 wirtsleg

wirtsleg

moar cowbell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

How i hate gamestop :(

this #-o

the steelbook looks goregous tho

#3307 Gamer4life88

Gamer4life88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

Really want the Post Pandemic Edition but I cant see myself paying $149.99 + tax for it. They're saying its very "exclusive" so maybe I might just pre-order it and think about it for a while.

#3308 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

Really want the Post Pandemic Edition but I cant see myself paying $149.99 + tax for it. They're saying its very "exclusive" so maybe I might just pre-order it and think about it for a while.

It's $159.99 if that makes any difference.

#3309 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

The Survival Edition is awesome, I'll be getting that, assuming it's available at somewhere besides GameStop.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#3310 Gamer4life88

Gamer4life88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

It's $159.99 if that makes any difference.

Damn, even worse lol I'm just going to put down a pre-order anyway just in case these are limited and sell out before I make up my mind.

#3311 Vigilante

Vigilante

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

The Survival Edition is awesome, I'll be getting that, assuming it's available at somewhere besides GameStop.

I hear that. If that's also a GS-exclusive (doubtful given the wording of the press release), I'll just get the standard edition from Best Buy.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Flying Hamster HD; Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]
Last Beaten Game [4/7]:  :vita: Rayman Legends ( :applause: :applause: :applause:)

Last Watched Film: Captain America: The Winter Soldier ( :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:)

#3312 diishen

diishen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

ugh I just returned from picking up my Ni no Kuni at GS...my steelbook is in bad shape, nevermind the minor scratches, there are dings and dents here and there that took the paint/gloss off so the silver color of steel catches your attention more than the artwork itself...I tried asking for another but the dude just shrugged me off, gave me the whole "you should feel lucky you got one" speech

and now I see that the only place to grab the Survival Edition is GS? fml

#3313 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

FFS the biggest game of the year for me and I was hoping like hell it'd get a CE and now it gets a GS exclusive CE. And like someone said the most expensive one doesn't even include the art book?? What a joke. I want this so much that I'm probably still going to order the damn thing though. God dammit. It had better be extremely limited.

I really wish they had simply made the $80 version. An art book (full size no less) and a steelbook is exactly what I'd want from an $80 CE of this type.

#3314 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

Added both The Last of Us Survival & Post-Pandemic Editions in WiKi.

#3315 Vigilante

Vigilante

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

ugh I just returned from picking up my Ni no Kuni at GS...my steelbook is in bad shape, nevermind the minor scratches, there are dings and dents here and there that took the paint/gloss off so the silver color of steel catches your attention more than the artwork itself...I tried asking for another but the dude just shrugged me off, gave me the whole "you should feel lucky you got one" speech

and now I see that the only place to grab the Survival Edition is GS? fml

Only the Post-Pandemic Edition is GS-exclusive, NOT the Survival Edition. Gamestop is just the only place that has a product page for the Survival Edition right now.

FFS the biggest game of the year for me and I was hoping like hell it'd get a CE and now it gets a GS exclusive CE. And like someone said the most expensive one doesn't even include the art book?? What a joke. I want this so much that I'm probably still going to order the damn thing though. God dammit. It had better be extremely limited.

You know, thanks to both you and Gamer4life88, now I'm tempted to just put down a preorder at GS for the PPE and see if it sells out. :-k

EDIT: On second thought...nah. Come on, Best Buy, list the Survival Edition already!

Edited by Vigilante, 22 January 2013 - 08:44 PM.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#3316 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

The $80 edition of TLOU is so much better than the $160 version. Half the price and all you lose is the statue but get an art book. I also don't get why the $160 version does have the art book, esp considering the book has an MSRP of $40.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#3317 Zaku77

Zaku77

The Survival Edition looks quite nice. I'll be well happy with that.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#3318 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

I really wish they had simply made the $80 version. An art book (full size no less) and a steelbook is exactly what I'd want from an $80 CE of this type.

Then just buy the $80 version? Do you lack self control or somethin?

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#3319 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

So it's truly a GS exclusive?

I'd have to imagine that given it is a new title and a PS3 exclusive it "Should" have a low print number....

Still $159.99 is a lot. I'm assuming it's at least $25 to preorder?

#3320 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

Extremely limited?

Anyone remember:
http://www.amazon.co...n/dp/B0053OOEAA

:rofl::rofl:

#3321 Vigilante

Vigilante

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

The $80 edition of TLOU is so much better than the $160 version. Half the price and all you lose is the statue but get an art book. I also don't get why the $160 version does have the art book, esp considering the book has an MSRP of $40.

To be fair, you also lose the Survival DLC pack, but that comes with all Gamestop preorders, so that's only an issue if you get the game somewhere else.

I'd have to imagine that given it is a new title and a PS3 exclusive it "Should" have a low print number....

Most likely, but you can always ask if you can put $5 down. It was possible for the DOA5 CE (also GS-exclusive), but then again, that was half the price, so $25 might be the minimum for this one.

Extremely limited?

Anyone remember:
http://www.amazon.co...n/dp/B0053OOEAA

:rofl::rofl:

Honestly, I'd compare the U3 CE to the Survival Edition here, not the Post-Pandemic Edition that will more likely be "extremely limited" due to being GS-exclusive.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#3322 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

The Last of Us is real nice looking.

#3323 TKSJOHN

TKSJOHN

The Dumpster Diver!

• Silenced

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

So tempting, but $159.99 for the post-pandemic edition is a ton. Also after browsing gamestops website I saw a white 500gb ps3 with 1 year of PS+ for $299.99. Always wanted a different colored ps3 besides black!

#3324 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

So the Post-Pandemic Edition doesn't come with the 170 pg book?

Not listed in the description, but amazon has it listed for 23 bucks.

#3325 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

That Last of Us Post Pandemic Edition looks tempting but comes in at $170 after taxes... not sure if I should get it, even though the game looks badass.

Currently playing:
:psp: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - :) :bomb:

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#3326 BrandonJF

BrandonJF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

Honestly, I'd compare the U3 CE to the Survival Edition here, not the Post-Pandemic Edition that will more likely be "extremely limited" due to being GS-exclusive.

Like the GS exclusive Ninja Gaiden 3 CE which they are still trying to get rid of and is currently being sold for 60% off it's original price?

We're also talking about a CE where the primary bonus is a statue of two characters nobody is currently that familiar with since this is the first game in the series. How many people will plunk down that much money for a statue of characters they have no real love for yet?

#3327 Veridis_Quo

Veridis_Quo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

$159.99 for the Pandemic Edition - at that price it should be limited and numbered, but who am I kidding?

#3328 Gamer4life88

Gamer4life88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

Yeah, $25 is the minimum you can put down at gamestop for an item at this price. I also think it might be limited for the reasons you mentioned but you never really know with these, I'm just going to throw down a pre-order just in case.

#3329 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

Then just buy the $80 version? Do you lack self control or somethin?

I usually could not care less about what is in a CE. I myself am not really a collector of what I'd personally consider a bunch of crap. There's things I prefer and some things I will keep but for the most part I don't care. For this game however, it's different. I want it for myself. So that's $180 (after tax and one day shipping) gone right there.

I'll also buy the $80 version no problem. That edition by itself is a steal imo. There's $260 spent but I'm not done..

For the $160 version I'm not going to go too into it because of mods, but I'm sure you can figure out why I'd want shit to be limited. For the price and what you get though, I'm hoping for an extremely limited amount. However it is worrying that it's apparently not numbered or anything like someone else pointed out.

Honestly though I don't think there's any question of if this sells out but when. This is hopefully going to be like a Bioshock CE or a Dead Space CE but with an insane MSRP.

#3330 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

Like the GS exclusive Ninja Gaiden 3 CE which they are still trying to get rid of and is currently being sold for 60% off it's original price?

We're also talking about a CE where the primary bonus is a statue of two characters nobody is currently that familiar with since this is the first game in the series. How many people will plunk down that much money for a statue of characters they have no real love for yet?

Was that the first title in the Ninja Gaiden franchise?

Was it specific to one console?

No? No?

Okay.