Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5516 replies to this topic

#3331 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

To be fair, you also lose the Survival DLC pack, but that comes with all Gamestop preorders, so that's only an issue if you get the game somewhere else.

Most likely, but you can always ask if you can put $5 down. It was possible for the DOA5 CE (also GS-exclusive), but then again, that was half the price, so $25 might be the minimum for this one.

Honestly, I'd compare the U3 CE to the Survival Edition here, not the Post-Pandemic Edition that will more likely be "extremely limited" due to being GS-exclusive.

Just saying..
http://blog.us.plays...dition-unboxed/

And just like the exclusive wearable replicas, and the Steelbook, you won’t be able to get this Sideshow Collectibles statue at retail, it’s only available with the UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Collector’s Edition! Like Nolan mentioned, this edition is being made in a very limited quantity, so make sure to save yours by pre-ordering now.

We've been lied to before.

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#3332 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

Artbook for the win. And for some reason I like CE/LE's in which the game come packed in the steelbook already so this will most likely be the Uncharted 3 CE which I liked for obvious reasons( To Hide stuff).

#3333 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

Not listed in the description, but amazon has it listed for 23 bucks.

Actually that's awesome, but where? I'm not seeing it. That'd stop me from spending the extra $80 on the good version.

Edit: nvm I found it for $26.57

So that is the exact same art book that'll be in the $80 Survival version? That's a really good deal on that one if so.

Edit to answer my own question: Yeah that looks like it's the one included in the $80 version of the game. Good stuff.

#3334 BrandonJF

BrandonJF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

Was that the first title in the Ninja Gaiden franchise?

Was it specific to one console?

No? No?

Okay.

What does that have to do with anything? If anything, the fact that this is the first title in a franchise will ensure these sit on the shelves even longer. This isn't exactly a "franchise" yet, either.

Whether or not it's specific to one console is irrelevant. I'm not sure where you're going with that. They'll somehow produce less PS3 copies than the PS3 version of the Ninja Gaiden 3 CE because there is no XBOX version? ok....

You can tell me how right you are a month after release. I expect this to be sitting right next to the Max Payne / Ninja Gaiden / Tekken Hybrid CEs.

#3335 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

What does that have to do with anything? If anything, the fact that this is the first title in a franchise will ensure these sit on the shelves even longer. This isn't exactly a "franchise" yet, either.

Whether or not it's specific to one console is irrelevant. I'm not sure where you're going with that. They'll somehow produce less PS3 copies than the PS3 version of the Ninja Gaiden 3 CE because there is no XBOX version? ok....

You can tell me how right you are a month after release. I expect this to be sitting right next to the Max Payne / Ninja Gaiden / Tekken Hybrid CEs.

You don't really understand I don't think. For example look at the CEs I mentioned before. Bioshock in particular. The fact that it's a first title is a good thing for collectors and the run may be smaller because of that (though maybe not for this game).

This is The Last Of Us, one of the most highly anticipated games of the year. It is made by Naughty Dog, who does the Uncharted Series. The game looks amazing, and it is a near guarantee that it will be.

It's also a near guarantee that the $160 version will be long gone by release date, and though slightly less likely, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if even the $80 version disappears. It has a full size 170 page artbook and a steelbook for an extra $20. It's going to be hot.

#3336 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

We've all been waiting for it: The Last of Us Special Editions has been announced.

Unfortunately these have only been announced for EU, with the Ellie Edition only being available through GAME and the Joel Edition available through Amazon and other retailers.

For once, I'm more pleased with the US CE's. Well, the art book one at least.

#3337 secondhand1

secondhand1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

In for the unnecessary nerd version. I love me some statues.

#3338 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:53 PM

Defiance Collector's and Ultimate Editions

CE - $99.99

• Game box and disc
  • Hellbug Statue
  • Art of Defiance Art Book
  • Defiance Soundtrack and Bonus DVD
  • VBI Contact
  • Two Defiance post cards
  • Digital Items:
  • Ark Hunter Infiltrator Outfit
  • Hydra Heavy Weapon
  • Retailer Exclusive weapon
  • VBI Sentinel Shield
  • 7 Day scrip boost
  • 7 Day XP boost
  • Lock Box
  • +5 Inventory
  • In-game title: Badlands Drifter

Posted Image

==========================================================
UE - GAMESTOP EXCLUSIVE - $149.99

• Defiance Messenger Bag
  • Game box and disc
  • Hellbug Statue
  • Art of Defiance Art Book
  • Defiance Soundtrack and Bonus DVD
  • VBI Contact
  • Two Defiance post cards
  • Digital Items:
  • 1,200 Bits
  • Ark Hunter Infiltrator Outfit
  • Hydra Heavy Weapon
  • Retailer Exclusive weapon
  • VBI Sentinel Shield
  • 7 Day scrip boost
  • 7 Day XP boost
  • Lock Box
  • +5 Inventory
  • In-game title: Badlands Drifter

Posted Image

#3339 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

Wow, two collector's editions for a MMO shooter nobody knows anything about...I can't believe GS wants an extra $50 for a messenger bag and a few pieces of DLC. I suspect this one will be available on the cheap shortly after release.

#3340 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

Wow, two collector's editions for a MMO shooter nobody knows anything about...I can't believe GS wants an extra $50 for a messenger bag and a few pieces of DLC. I suspect this one will be available on the cheap shortly after release.

Now this is more likely and not a good buy imo. I've been reading and was interested slightly but after watching some gameplay and reading others opinions...no thanks.

#3341 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

why is the survival pack listed in the post-pandemic edition, when it is a preorder bonus?

+ Mick Perona on January 22nd, 2013 at 12:36 pm said:
Hey recon, that way if you get the Post-Pandemic Edition at a time AFTER the pre-order bonus offer expires, you still get these cool DLC packs! Cool, huh?

I don't think the statue or the artbook CEs are limited just based on this quote. Looks like Sony expects to make enough to meet demand after launch.

Either way I'm picking up the artbook edition, for $20 more you get a steelbook plus a $40 value artbook. :D

#3342 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

I'm sure Defiance will be GoTY guys.

#3343 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

I'm sure Defiance will be GoTY guys.

more like f2p, lol

#3344 griffinup

griffinup

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

If anyone is still interested in the Songbird Edition of Bioshock Infinite, it's available again at Best Buy. Currently sold out at Amazon and GameStop.

Xbox 360:
http://www.bestbuy.c...shock&lp=4&cp=1

PS3:
http://www.bestbuy.c...shock&lp=3&cp=1

#3345 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

If anyone is still interested in the Songbird Edition of Bioshock Infinite, it's available again at Best Buy. Currently sold out at Amazon and GameStop.

Xbox 360:
http://www.bestbuy.c...shock&lp=4&cp=1

PS3:
http://www.bestbuy.c...shock&lp=3&cp=1

I don't think it was ever sold out at BB. You just can't order it at most stores anymore or request store pickup.

#3346 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:56 AM

The $80 NA Last of Us is looking good, better than EU even. Notice we get full sized artbook, not a half-cut thing EU gets, and a steelbook. Kinda shocked honestly. But then the other version is what I expected, +$80 more for statue and minus artbook, that's laughable. Glad we have the option, though.

#3347 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:09 AM

I really hope the steelbook of The Last of Us comes with a sleeve cover of the normal boxart, as I hate steelbooks without sleeves and I really like the standard boxart.

#3348 I OU a Beatn

I OU a Beatn

GO GATORS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:38 AM

According to the representative posting on the blog, the statue alone would retail for $199(whether or not that's accurate, I don't know), so can't say I'm too surprised they didn't include the art book. Personally, I couldn't care less since it's going to be sold separately.

630736.png

#3349 Trueblade

Trueblade

Listen to my heartbeat, it's beating for you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:27 AM

I can not believe the BS that Digital River pulled on me. I checked my e-mail and saw a message from the Bandai Namco Store. It says that my order for the Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Wizard's Edition was canceled.

To clarify, it said that there was a problem with my credit card. Because of the issue, my order was automatically canceled.

Other places would usually say, "Hi, could you contact us as soon as you can so we can get your order out as soon as possible?" Instead, these douches just canceled my order.

Friggin' assholes.

#3350 RainFall

RainFall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:34 AM

The Bioshock Songbird edition is also available at newegg for PS3 and 360

http://www.newegg.co...ongbird&x=0&y=0

#3351 DS9

DS9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:37 AM

Just saying..
http://blog.us.plays...dition-unboxed/

And just like the exclusive wearable replicas, and the Steelbook, you won’t be able to get this Sideshow Collectibles statue at retail, it’s only available with the UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Collector’s Edition! Like Nolan mentioned, this edition is being made in a very limited quantity, so make sure to save yours by pre-ordering now.

We've been lied to before.

Just like the halo Reach Statue box.. They even commented IN THEIR VIDEO "we wont make that many and will truely be limited" , its all PR garbage.

Do not buy this $150+ CE, so not worth it. Wait for a price drop.

#3352 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:44 AM

Uncharted and Halo were both established franchises. They were also sold at multiple retailers. The Post-Pandemic Edition has a very good chance of actually ending up rare if the game ends up being a smash it. I doubt they will print a lot of these.

#3353 Croozer

Croozer

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:12 AM

I can not believe the BS that Digital River pulled on me. I checked my e-mail and saw a message from the Bandai Namco Store. It says that my order for the Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Wizard's Edition was canceled.

To clarify, it said that there was a problem with my credit card. Because of the issue, my order was automatically canceled.

Other places would usually say, "Hi, could you contact us as soon as you can so we can get your order out as soon as possible?" Instead, these douches just canceled my order.

Friggin' assholes.

That sucks. Mine says boxed shipment so I'm assuming it shipped. Plus I was charged this morning so it's looking good. I ordered when it initially went up and not the restock from a few days ago.

#3354 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:48 AM

That statue looks cool, but $150? Can't justify more than the price of the game for something that will just sit and collect dust.
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#3355 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:54 AM

I usually hate statues in CE's because they're just pretty worthless to me but I already ordered one. It better be nice and detailed and hefty like the Arkham City Batman statue or the Halo Reach (I think it was) statue. If I get something like the god damn Skyrim or Uncharted pieces of shit I'm not going to be a happy camper.

Still trying to decide if I should order another.

And when the hell is Amazon putting their listing up I want to order the damn Survival Edition so I can feel like I'm getting a deal on something.

#3356 outerfox

outerfox

Allow Ants Peas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:01 AM

Friggin' assholes.

Call their customer service and explain the situation. It's a "bug" on Digital River's end. Make sure you explain your situation and if you have to, talk to a supervisor/manager. Be firm but maintain your cool. They're able to replace the order, if possible.

#3357 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:01 AM

Ill wait for a price drop on last of us CE! Knowing this will probably the last ND game for this gen, sony will overproduce this again. See what happened with U3? There were tons of the CE that reached half off months after the release.

#3358 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:42 AM

I'm a sucker for steelbooks.... I don't know if I want to order the full price CEs or not.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#3359 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:47 AM

If I get something like the god damn Skyrim or Uncharted pieces of shit I'm not going to be a happy camper.

I thought the Skyrim statue was nice, minus the stand.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3360 RainFall

RainFall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:55 AM

Amazon.fr has Ni No Kuni : la Vengeance de la Sorcière Céleste - Wizard's collector edition http://www.amazon.fr...58924086&sr=8-1 for 89.99 (PAL) euros on preorder. Appears sold out on UK site.