Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5516 replies to this topic

#3361 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:34 AM

Just like the halo Reach Statue box.. They even commented IN THEIR VIDEO "we wont make that many and will truely be limited" , its all PR garbage.

Do not buy this $150+ CE, so not worth it. Wait for a price drop.

Just beware the history of GS-exclusive CE lasting until a clearance cycle hits doesn't really exist this gen. ME 1, the Forza games, DoA 5, The Walking Dead, etc. pretty much all sell out within the first few weeks and don't get replenished.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#3362 GodofGambler

GodofGambler

God of Gambler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:38 AM

Man, some outrageous prices. At $149, I can buy myself a 3DS. Companies are milking us collectors. I will pass and besides, you can't collect them all.

#3363 Trueblade

Trueblade

Listen to my heartbeat, it's beating for you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:46 AM

Call their customer service and explain the situation. It's a "bug" on Digital River's end. Make sure you explain your situation and if you have to, talk to a supervisor/manager. Be firm but maintain your cool. They're able to replace the order, if possible.

I will give this a go and see what happens. Thanks for the advice.

#3364 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:59 AM

I'd pay $150 if it comes with a clone of Ellen Page.

Edit: holy shit its 4am. I gotta wake up soon!

#3365 Kay_Faraday

Kay_Faraday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:17 AM

an ellen page steelbook?! shut up and take my money!

#3366 TPerryoo7

TPerryoo7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:00 AM

an ellen page steelbook?! shut up and take my money!

I think your confusing games.

either way, hopefully there will be an Ellen Page Steelbook for Beyond lol.
Posted Image

#3367 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

Im sure in PS All Stars DLC we'll have Last of Us Ellen Page vs. Beyond Ellen Page.

538822.png

#3368 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

Just beware the history of GS-exclusive CE lasting until a clearance cycle hits doesn't really exist this gen. ME 1, the Forza games, DoA 5, The Walking Dead, etc. pretty much all sell out within the first few weeks and don't get replenished.

valid point but i agree with this guy....

Man, some outrageous prices. At $149, I can buy myself a 3DS. Companies are milking us collectors. I will pass and besides, you can't collect them all.

there really is no reason for this game to have a CE much less a 159.99 one and it to be GS exclusive.

#3369 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

You guys really think a big budget, highly covered by the media and big publisher CE is going to be "limited"? :rofl:

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#3370 secondhand1

secondhand1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

You guys really think a big budget, highly covered by the media and big publisher CE is going to be "limited"? :rofl:

All the more reason to make it limited.

#3371 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

All the more reason to make it limited.

But why? Its not fan service--this is a new IP.
It is just to capitalize on the hype and maximize profit.

When its released and still available we will all feel a little disappointed. I know the feeling buying some of these in the past, I have learned my lesson.

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#3372 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

But why? Its not fan service--this is a new IP.
It is just to capitalize on the hype and maximize profit.

When its released and still available we will all feel a little disappointed. I know the feeling buying some of these in the past, I have learned my lesson.

It may be overproduced, but the fact that it's a GS exclusive, is a new IP, and is so highly anticipated tells me that it isn't and will probably sell out and be hard to find. If they wanted to overproduce it they'd probably be selling it at more retailers than just GS. And it's apparently a $200 MSRP statue. I don't know but I don't think that's the given msrp for most of these CE statues. It should be a quality statue.

We'll see I guess when it sells out (or doesn't) (it will)

Also a couple more things. It's not just highly anticipated, it's also a near guarantee this will be the next Bioshock or Mass Effect or Uncharted. It will almost certainly be all over GOTY lists unless something catastrophic happens or it takes a lot of hits for being too much like Uncharted.

Second, as far as I know Gamestop.com (US) is the only place you're going to be able to buy this particular version of the game with the statue. Other countries actually got crappier CEs than the US for once. So anyone in the world that wants this version will have to buy it from there.

Edited by ShockandAww, 23 January 2013 - 02:45 PM.

#3373 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

the only reason it will be rare is because other than people on cag talking about it, no one (your average gamer) else seems to know about the game at all. which results in fewer ppl actually preordering the gs exclusive edition

#3374 BrandonJF

BrandonJF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

Which CE priced at full retail that included a statue has sold out? I don't know why they keep throwing these statues in there. No matter how much publishers will insist they are limited (didn't Max Payne 3 even have a cutoff date for the CE because they were going to be so limited?), they rarely actually are.

There have been some truly limited GS exclusives, so we'll see. They would really have to make these to order (based on preorders) for that to happen.

#3375 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

I think your confusing games.

either way, hopefully there will be an Ellen Page Steelbook for Beyond lol.

You're right lol. I kept thinking its ellen page providing the VO

#3376 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

Only the post-pandemic edition is a gamestop exclusive right?

Currently Playing - :3ds:  Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan   :vita: Danganronpa

Recently Completed -     :pc: Divinity II: Ego Draconis 7/23  :pc: Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut 8/12   :3ds:  Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan 9/7

#3377 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

Correct.

#3378 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

more like the post-empty-wallet edition

#3379 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

more like the post-empty-wallet edition

i mean $150 is really not that much, with the profits people gain from their "trade-ins".

#3380 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

i mean $150 is really not that much, with the profits people gain from their "trade-ins".

It's $160 + tax.

Profits????
Gamestop offers you pennies for your games. You get better pricing "Trading" on CAG or GameTZ.

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#3381 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

It's $160 + tax.

Profits????
Gamestop offers you pennies for your games. You get better pricing "Trading" on CAG or GameTZ.

leave those pennies as they maybe gamestop still manages to sucker us into trading in games to them quite often so clearly they are doing something right. if only they had a refurbish machine like best buy that made their used games look like new.

#3382 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

It's $160 + tax.

Profits????

do you really want me to spell it out for you? what i really meant is flip

#3383 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

It's a shit CE, anyway. This is definitely a situation where the cheaper one is better. The statue is lame; all statues are lame. The build quality and detail of these pack in statues always leaves a lot to be desired. The artbook, however, looks quite nice. It's too bad they took it out of the $160 one. It really just feels like a dirty, dirty cash grab. :/

Check out my YouTube channel for collection updates, games industry discussion, and game analysis!
http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

My Blog for more in depth looks at video games (and even anime!): http://helldestroyer77.blogspot.com/

#3384 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

Has The Last of US Survival Edition been listed anywhere yet? Or did that also sell out?

It's a shit CE, anyway. This is definitely a situation where the cheaper one is better. The statue is lame; all statues are lame. The build quality and detail of these pack in statues always leaves a lot to be desired. The artbook, however, looks quite nice. It's too bad they took it out of the $160 one. It really just feels like a dirty, dirty cash grab. :/

Dark Horse will sell the artbook separately. It's MSRP is $40 but you can bet it'll probably be $25 or less on Amazon.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#3385 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

Has The Last of US Survival Edition been listed anywhere yet? Or did that also sell out?

Dark Horse will sell the artbook separately. It's MSRP is $40 but you can bet it'll probably be $25 or less on Amazon.

Gamestop has the Survival Edition listed and still available. I haven't seen it pop up at other retailers yet, but I would expect it to shortly.

#3386 Fatbot3

Fatbot3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:07 AM

Totally agree. No offense, but I always find the included statues just horrible. Even better is the fact that the other stuff iin the Survival edition is actually great. Definitely a huge jump from the Uncharted 3 version that had no art but a Drake action figure that could collect dust in my attic.

#3387 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:15 AM

Gamestop has the Survival Edition listed and still available. I haven't seen it pop up at other retailers yet, but I would expect it to shortly.

Thanks. I don't know why I didn't look there...:lol:

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#3388 Namzor

Namzor

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

I seriously can't accept that the Post Pandemic edition wouldn't have the artbook at the $160 price range. Spending that much on JUST a statue is bogus.

Quick comment though wheres the posting on the DEFIANCE editions? I can't really wiki so I'll leave this link here. http://defiance.com/...?CAS_REDIR=true

#3389 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:02 PM

Which CE priced at full retail that included a statue has sold out? I don't know why they keep throwing these statues in there. No matter how much publishers will insist they are limited (didn't Max Payne 3 even have a cutoff date for the CE because they were going to be so limited?), they rarely actually are.

There have been some truly limited GS exclusives, so we'll see. They would really have to make these to order (based on preorders) for that to happen.

Way to go nostradamus!

http://www.gamestop....-edition/107705

Try to avoid providing commentary on CE availability in the future

And to answer your questions Bioshock and Assassin's Creed come to mind.

#3390 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

I seriously can't accept that the Post Pandemic edition wouldn't have the artbook at the $160 price range. Spending that much on JUST a statue is bogus.

Quick comment though wheres the posting on the DEFIANCE editions? I can't really wiki so I'll leave this link here. http://defiance.com/...?CAS_REDIR=true

I posted the Defiance stuff a few pages back: Linky

I don't know why everyone keeps saying it is outrageous to spend $80 on a statue. Figure collectors spend that much and way more on figures and statues all the time. For example:

http://www.hlj.com/top/Fig
http://www.amiami.co...c/bishoujo.html

It's great when we can all get a cheapass discounted CE with a figure included because it is overstocked (eg, Skyrim CE for $50) but that is simply not gonna happen every single time.