Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5516 replies to this topic

#3391 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

^ Yeah he's right. Serious collectors will drop $300+ on quality statues and prop replicas but typically those are limited and numbered to about 500-1000.

#3392 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

Are they out of TLOU Pandemic already?? Shoulda ordered two right away. I hope they come back in stock at some point, if only for a little while.

Edit: I'm getting antsy with the Survival Edition also now...worried for some reason Amazon won't get it. They sure are being slow with getting it listed. Edit again: apparently everyone else is slow with listing it. Why is it only on Gamestop.com??

Edited by ShockandAww, 24 January 2013 - 12:47 PM.

#3393 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

Are they out of TLOU Pandemic already?? Shoulda ordered two right away. I hope they come back in stock at some point, if only for a little while.

Edit: I'm getting antsy with the Survival Edition also now...worried for some reason Amazon won't get it. They sure are being slow with getting it listed. Edit again: apparently everyone else is slow with listing it. Why is it only on Gamestop.com??

Lolz - I keep checking this thread to see if any of other Amazon sleuths have found it yet. Have not seen it listed just yet. Soon though.... right? :-&

Dill The Noise.

471350.png

#3394 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

Lolz - I keep checking this thread to see if any of other Amazon sleuths have found it yet. Have not seen it listed just yet. Soon though.... right? :-&

I broke and ordered one from Gamestop just in case. Close to $90 with tax and shipping. Bleh.

#3395 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

if you are worry, just preorder it at gamestop. It is only $5 deposit if you preorder it in store. I mean it is only been two days since the initial announcement.

#3396 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

I seriously can't accept that the Post Pandemic edition wouldn't have the artbook at the $160 price range. Spending that much on JUST a statue is bogus.

I felt the same way when I first saw the different editions being released in North America. If a higher tiered edition is being released, it should include what a lower tiered edition contains, plus extras.

Seems more like a strategy to get collectors to buy both editions.

#3397 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

I felt the same way when I first saw the different editions being released in North America. If a higher tiered edition is being released, it should include what a lower tiered edition contains, plus extras.

Seems more like a strategy to get collectors to buy both editions.

you realize you can buy the artbook / guide separately for around $40, right?

#3398 Banana Peel Assassin

Banana Peel Assassin

RIP Arcade Infinity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

The pandemic edition already sold out?? Damn, good thing I jumped on this when I picked up Ni no Kuni.

- StayFree( ' 3')

store coming soon (sample: 1 2 3)

12/5

#3399 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

The pandemic edition already sold out?? Damn, good thing I jumped on this when I picked up Ni no Kuni.

It will be restocked before release.

#3400 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

It will be restocked before release.

Derp. Figured you'd change your tune from "OMG this is going to be just like UC3".

Those of us that actually follow these type of things noticed that this had everything going for it to be limited at worse and truly rare at best.

#3401 I OU a Beatn

I OU a Beatn

GO GATORS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

When has a Gamestop exclusive edition ever been restocked? I wont rain on your parade, but I wouldn't advise holding your breath waiting for a restock.

iouabeatn.png

#3402 El Toro Fuerte

El Toro Fuerte

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

Just went to local Gamestop and was able to pre-order a Post-Pandemic Edition.

#3403 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

When has a Gamestop exclusive edition ever been restocked? I wont rain on your parade, but I wouldn't advise holding your breath waiting for a restock.

LOL.
Walking Dead?
Xenoblade?

You can also go into Gamestop and do a Physical Preorder.

It's a bit early to go "ZOMG ITS SOLD OUT!! LULLZ GUD TING I GOT PREORDER IN AS SOON AS PR HIT!"

#3404 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

LOL.
Walking Dead?
Xenoblade?

It's a bit early to go "ZOMG ITS SOLD OUT!! LULLZ GUD TING I GOT PREORDER IN AS SOON AS PR HIT!"

Assassin's Creed II Master Assassin Edition didnt. Nor did either of the Ninja Gaiden Sigma CE's and same with the DoA 5 CE.

Just went to local Gamestop and was able to pre-order a Post-Pandemic Edition.

Good to know. I am stopping there on my lunch break today to pre-order mine.

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Lightning Returns :xb1: Madden 25, Dead Rising 3

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, :360: & :xb1: Halo:Spartan Assault

#3405 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

Assassin's Creed II Master Assassin Edition didnt. Nor did either of the Ninja Gaiden Sigma CE's and same with the DoA 5 CE.

Good to know. I am stopping there on my lunch break today to pre-order mine.

NG3 and DoA5 CEs had a substantially longer preorder window. I remember preordering them relatively late.

#3406 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

First time with GS preorder: how do they return your deposit if you don't pick up? I assume directly back to your credit card. Tia.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3407 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

NG3 and DoA5 CEs had a substantially longer preorder window. I remember preordering them relatively late.

Not Ninja Gaiden 3.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma & Sigma 2 CEs for PS3.

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

#3408 I OU a Beatn

I OU a Beatn

GO GATORS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

LOL.
Walking Dead?
Xenoblade?

Didn't follow Xenoblade and The Walking Dead was open for preorders for several weeks. This was open for barely even 2 days. Keep dreaming.

iouabeatn.png

#3409 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

Didn't follow Xenoblade and The Walking Dead was open for preorders for several weeks. This was open for barely even 2 days. Keep dreaming.

Xenoblades goes in and out of stock.
Walking Dead went out of stock and was restocked before selling out allotment.

I know you want to justify your preorder, I understand but realize:
1) A company wouldnt spend money on PR to have it sell out in 2 days.
2) You can still preorder it in a store.

The initial demand for this game and the numbered "amount" they listed as having-- sold out (thats all that sold out). Now that they have this data on how quickly they sold out the amount, they can think about how many to produce in the factory and what the factory will be able to produce by X date to ship. Once they put that order in, it will be restocked.

Edited by MrBoss, 24 January 2013 - 04:48 PM.

#3410 D.Choy

D.Choy

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

First time with GS preorder: how do they return your deposit if you don't pick up? I assume directly back to your credit card. Tia.

Whatever your original form of payment. So if you paid by CC then it will go back on your CC. If you paid by cash you will get cash back. GameStop also has a 30 day return policy if the item is not opened so if you order something online or you pick up a game and find it cheaper somewhere else you could always return it.

As for this CE being rare, it's GameStop exclusive which lowers its availability significantly. When I preordered in store yesterday I was talking with one of the employees and he said GameStop sales are down 30% from last year. I asked him if he thinks these will be rare and he said that they will only be ordering the amount that are preordered. Having unallocated stock sitting on shelves is not good for any business; it's just liabilities sitting on their books. There you have it, if you want one better preorder it now. I doubt they will restock these considering the price point and as people have pointed out GS exclusive stuff tends to be limited. DOA5 comes to mind for sure as well as other stuff. NG3 would have been more rare if it didn't get rated so horribly but the DOA5 Demo Code was worth $50 and above.

#3411 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

Not Ninja Gaiden 3.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma & Sigma 2 CEs for PS3.

Yeah you're right about those I stand corrected. I wasn't aware NGS 1 even had a CE

#3412 I OU a Beatn

I OU a Beatn

GO GATORS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

The initial demand for this game and the numbered "amount" they listed as having sold out. Now that they have this data on how quickly they sold out the amount, they can think about how many to produce in the factory and what the factory will be able to produce by X date to ship. Once they put that order in, it will be restocked.

That theory didn't work out too well for recent ones like the Ultimate Loot Chest and the Ultimate Songbird Edition, or whatever they were called. I'm not going to sit here and argue with you. You've been trolling this thread ever since the thing was announced. Even on the slim chance they do restock, it's NEVER going to last around long enough to get a price cut, so I don't see your motive behind your "they'll restock" campaign. Reserve it now for $160, or hope for a restock and buy it then at $160. What's the difference?

Like I said, don't hold your breath on a restock.

iouabeatn.png

#3413 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

That theory didn't work out too well for recent ones like the Ultimate Loot Chest and the Ultimate Songbird Edition, or whatever they were called. I'm not going to sit here and argue with you. You've been trolling this thread ever since the thing was announced. Even on the slim chance they do restock, it's NEVER going to last around long enough to get a price cut, so I don't see your motive behind your "they'll restock" campaign. Reserve it now for $160, or hope for a restock and buy it then at $160. What's the difference?

Yeah... but those two were up for at least a few weeks and also available at most, retailers. This was up for 2 days and only at Gamestop.

Unless GS is losing money on this, I don't see why they wouldn't make more. GS knows they have a hot product in their hands and they should profit off of it if possible (maybe GS bought all their own copies and are going to flip them on eBay!?). And if GS is losing money on this, I don't think they'd be selling it.

The only rational thing might be that Project Triforce only agreed to make an X number of the statues and will not make any more. Of course, they can probably be convinced otherwise with more money.

Currently playing:
:psp: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - :) :bomb:

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#3414 D.Choy

D.Choy

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

^ You don't even have to put $160 down for a preorder in store, only $25 for expensive CEs like this. I also agree that this thing isn't going to see a restock. People always say what they want to happen but have no idea how the process actually works. We are in a completely different economic climate. Why would a business want to overproduce a product, stock too much of a product, and then eventually slash prices? It makes much more sense to significantly lower stock instead. Look at the most recent overpriced CEs. The Loot Chest sold out extremely fast, the Ultimate Song Bird Edition sold out fast, and while the Care Package Edition of Black Ops II didn't sell extremely as well as the other 2, I can't walk into a B&M store and pick one up.

Bottom line, WE WILL NOT SEE A RESTOCK ESPECIALLY FOR A GS EXCLUSIVE CE. Xenoblade Chronicles isn't even a valid argument because at its core its still a standard edition game.

#3415 bakutenten

bakutenten

I am Alpha and Omega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

Just went into my local GS and pre-ordered two Pandemic Editions, one for me and a friend. Had no troubles but found it odd that there is literally no promotional images of the game or CE's up. Two other people in the store had no idea that there even were CE for Last of Us.

#3416 DanteWarrior

DanteWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

What's the GameStop sku for pandemic edition
Just want to make sure I got the right one since they have goofed up in past

#3417 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

Just got back from gamestop. Got my Post Pandemic Pre-ordered. Relieved now. I was worried with the sellout online that this would be cut off today but apparently not.

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

#3418 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

Songbird is still available for preorder from Best Buy and Walmart.
But you're right no point in arguing.

Enjoy your Preorder.

#3419 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

On The Last of Us CE's, $80 and $160 ones.

So the artbook is able to buy separate for $20, like at Amazon? Ok so now you are in at $180 level, thus "paying" extra $100 for just a statue. Why are people buying this over the $80 version? $100 is a big difference in price when we are talking about a $60 game, that will not hold that $60 value.

Don't even try to mention the DLC, it's dumb and available to both as a pre-order bonus, I thought.

#3420 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

On The Last of Us CE's, $80 and $160 ones.

So the artbook is able to buy separate for $20, like at Amazon? Ok so now you are in at $180 level, thus "paying" extra $100 for just a statue. Why are people buying this over the $80 version? $100 is a big difference in price when we are talking about a $60 game, that will not hold that $60 value.

Don't even try to mention the DLC, it's dumb and available to both as a pre-order bonus, I thought.

Some people like statues and it appears to be relatively limited based on it selling out already on-line. Whether that limited nature is legit or not is another question, but the Bioshock CE goes for crazy money and that was also a Gamestop exclusive and most of the value was in the Big Daddy figure that wasn't even all that nice. I agree with you that what people collect or care about sometimes seems foolish, but there's obviously demand for this and lots of people make a good living here and it's really not that much money relative to their income.