Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5516 replies to this topic

#3511 Namzor

Namzor

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

I'm having difficulty with this...

I have each version pre-ordered at Amazon, and was planning on letting the Songbird version go. I've got the LE's of Ascension, Tomb Raider, & Rising coming all within a month of Infinite, plus I just bought Ni No Kuni. I'm a huge fan of Bioshock(I have all of the collectibles Neca released as well as a few other random goodies), but $70 is $70. Decisions, decisions...

Bestbuy still has some PC and 360 Songbirds I think. Try pre-ordering there.

Sidenote: anyone else having a hard time justifying the $160 on the Last of Us Post-Pandemic. Skyrim's CE is the most similar and even that had the hardcover Artbook. Kinda weird there is none.

#3512 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

Bestbuy still has some PC and 360 Songbirds I think. Try pre-ordering there.

Sidenote: anyone else having a hard time justifying the $160 on the Last of Us Post-Pandemic. Skyrim's CE is the most similar and even that had the hardcover Artbook. Kinda weird there is none.

i changed my preorder in store to PPE , its a GS exclusive and the statue will be a collectors item, not having the artbook included sucks but im sure it will be on amazon for $20 later on, the statue on the other hand will not available anywhere unless you buy the PPE

#3513 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

What DLC comes with the Rising Steelbook?

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#3514 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

I think people have said as of yesterday it's no longer available for pre order even in store. Yes it sucks that it does not include the art book but I am assuming the statue will be of a much higher quality than the Skyrim statue. I could be wrong.

#3515 shadylane

shadylane

Believe...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

Last Of Us CE is no longer available for preorder?

Shadylane310.png

33836.png

#3516 shadylane

shadylane

Believe...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

Shoot - Repost. Sorry

Shadylane310.png

33836.png

#3517 ThePoomz

ThePoomz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

Last of Us Pandemic Edition is officially sold out and likely out of print for good.

#3518 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

Last of Us Pandemic Edition is officially sold out and likely out of print for good.

yea its sold out online and gamestop stores stopping taking preorders for it a day ago i believe

#3519 griffinup

griffinup

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

The ridiculous Splinter Cell Blacklist Paladin Edition ($170) now has a release date on Amazon - August 20. So, now there should be no worries about them being sold out or not carrying it.

#3520 Lemstar

Lemstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

Is The Last of Us Survival Edition unavailable at Best Buy yet? The associate at my local place didn't seem to know how to place a preorder.

#3521 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

Is The Last of Us Survival Edition unavailable at Best Buy yet? The associate at my local place didn't seem to know how to place a preorder.

You can't preorder the Survival Edition yet since it's not yet listed on BBY's website, so its SKU is unknown and therefore you can't preorder it in store just yet.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/21]: :ps3: Just Cause 2 (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3522 HomieGFunk03

HomieGFunk03

The Pied Piper of Gaming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

Last of Us Post-Pandemic is back in stock online. Some people are having no luck in store.

#3523 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

Last of Us Post-Pandemic is back in stock online. Some people are having no luck in store.

Thanks! Got my second copy.

#3524 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

Hooray!

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3525 HomieGFunk03

HomieGFunk03

The Pied Piper of Gaming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

I would have pre-ordered the Naruto Special Edition if it weren't digital river. Having to deal with them especially after all this Wizard Edition business is out of the question.

#3526 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

Why did they drop the art book from it? And there's no way that Statue is worth an extra $80. $120 for that package I could believe... $160? I'll pass.

#3527 ThePoomz

ThePoomz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

Why did they drop the art book from it? And there's no way that Statue is worth an extra $80. $120 for that package I could believe... $160? I'll pass.

They never dropped the art book, that's the Survival Edition. And yes, people keep complaining about the price.. but it's well worth it considering you can't get it separately. This will be sought after without a doubt.

#3528 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

$80 is VERY much fair for a statue of that quality with a great company making it . Expensive? Sure. Overpriced? No way.

#3529 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

They never dropped the art book, that's the Survival Edition. And yes, people keep complaining about the price.. but it's well worth it considering you can't get it separately. This will be sought after without a doubt.

My favorite part is that they quote a retail price of $199 for the statue on it's own. I would probably check myself into an asylum if I ever paid $199 for a 12" video game statue.

#3530 ThePoomz

ThePoomz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

My favorite part is that they quote a retail price of $199 for the statue on it's own. I would probably check myself into an asylum if I ever paid $199 for a 12" video game statue.

I'm with you one spending that much but some people are passionate about their games/collecting and have money to burn.

#3531 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

You might not think its worth it, but considering the cheapest thing that the company making the statue retails for $350, then a lot of people think its worth it. The company makes quality stuff, and something for this price included with an almost guaranteed kick ass game is a premium item for people that want the premium product. Just buy the survival edition and be happy.

#3532 secondhand1

secondhand1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

You might not think its worth it, but considering the cheapest thing that the company making the statue retails for $350, then a lot of people think its worth it. The company makes quality stuff, and something for this price included with an almost guaranteed kick ass game is a premium item for people that want the premium product. Just buy the survival edition and be happy.

Indeed.

Why do people get so bent out of shape at the way others spend their money?

#3533 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

I'm not trying to put down anyone who is getting this product but it just seems like they really pushed the price on this one. Just by comparison to other CE at this price point it feels like it should feature more. Feel free to buy whatever you like (that's the beauty of capitalism). I just feel like they're cheating you guys.

#3534 HomieGFunk03

HomieGFunk03

The Pied Piper of Gaming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

A few years back I would have agreed with you but like any hobby, it can get addicting once you have some good pieces. My old apartments didn't have any place for them but now I've got a good amount in my living room from various collector's editions and it's a nice little testament to my hobby.

The CE's are a decent way to do them without it getting too expensive as they tend to come with DLC in addition to the game and statue. Some (mainly the really large scale ones: Max Payne and Marcus Fenix) do feel a little cheap but others are remarkably well made (Connor from AC3 is my favorite so far followed right behind by the Mortal Kombat bookends). It's a bonus that I loved each of those games and played them day one so I didn't feel too burned. I plan on doing this with the Last of Us so it's worthwhile to me but the 79.99 sku is a really great deal and far more attractive for folks who don't have a "collector's" mindset.

#3535 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Judoka on a CAG Hiatus due to new job

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

Anyone Know if Best Buy is accepting Pre-orders for God of War: Ascension - Collector's Edition (PS3) yet/still? Since it is one f the games that is eligible for the $20 RZ certificate for @gamer....

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#3536 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

Am I wrong in thinking that GameStop only charges a $25 pre-order if the item is over $100? I ask this because I just went into GS to pre-order The Last of Us Survival Edition and was caught off guard when they asked me for a $25 pre-order for an item that is only $80.

Anyone Know if Best Buy is accepting Pre-orders for God of War: Ascension - Collector's Edition (PS3) yet/still? Since it is one f the games that is eligible for the $20 RZ certificate for @gamer....

All you had to do was check their website to find out.

#3537 secondhand1

secondhand1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

Yes.

#3538 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

Am I wrong in thinking that GameStop only charges a $25 pre-order if the item is over $100? I ask this because I just went into GS to pre-order The Last of Us Survival Edition and was caught off guard when they asked me for a $25 pre-order for an item that is only $80.

They increased it to $25 for all collector's editions regardless of price now. They were making an exception for GS exclusives, but I think that's only if it's a GS exclusive under $100 as the Post Pandemic Edition required $25.

#3539 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

I assume you guys are preordering in store and not online because you want it day one?
There isn't any other benefits of doing it in store is there?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3540 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

Item could be damaged during shipping if not packaged well, and shipping fees. Not a huge difference though.