Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5516 replies to this topic

#3571 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:20 AM

It's not really a "CE". It's just the standard game with a few extra items of dubious quality shipped along with it for an additional $20 plus shipping and the hassle of dealing with Digital River.

"Dubious quality"? I own a few Banpresto figures myself (Madoka Magica) and they're top-notch for their cheap entry-price.

#3572 bakutenten

bakutenten

I am Alpha and Omega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:43 AM

I saw someone post that they received their Dead Space 3 Dev Edition today. Anyone else get it? I still don't have a shipping confirmation for mine.

I got my shipping confirmation today. Estimated date of 2/5 via UPS ground. Was hoping it'd be a bit faster for the $10 shipping but I can wait.

#3573 Gators300

Gators300

The Right Thing... What Is It?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:46 AM

I got my shipping confirmation today. Estimated date of 2/5 via UPS ground. Was hoping it'd be a bit faster for the $10 shipping but I can wait.

Hopefully mine ships tomorrow then. When did you pre-order it? Mine was pre-ordered on January 12th.
"You know, my heart is beating incredibly fast, I must be experiencing absolute terror!"

#3574 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:47 AM

A few pics from The Last Of Us art book: http://www.eurogamer...hty-dog-success

and http://kotaku.com/59...scary-beautiful

#3575 haruky

haruky

Vengeance.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:48 AM

I saw someone post that they received their Dead Space 3 Dev Edition today. Anyone else get it? I still don't have a shipping confirmation for mine.

I got mine today. it's awesome! It's huge too.

#3576 Gators300

Gators300

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:52 AM

I got mine today. it's awesome! It's huge too.

Just wondering, when did you originally order it and did they send you a shipping confirmation?
"You know, my heart is beating incredibly fast, I must be experiencing absolute terror!"

#3577 haruky

haruky

Vengeance.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:58 AM

Just wondering, when did you originally order it and did they send you a shipping confirmation?

I ordered on the first day it was available and received shipping confirmation on the 28th.

Try putting your order # into this form: http://treehousebran.../wheresmystuff/

It should tell you some more information regarding where your package is.

#3578 Gators300

Gators300

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:04 AM

I ordered on the first day it was available and received shipping confirmation on the 28th.

Thanks a lot! According to that my copy is scheduled to deliver on Friday.

I appreciate the help. I can't wait to get it.

On a side note, these are already going for over $320 on eBay.
http://www.ebay.com/...=item3a7ddd719e

#3579 griffinup

griffinup

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:11 AM

Thanks a lot! According to that my copy is scheduled to deliver on Friday.

I appreciate the help. I can't wait to get it.

On a side note, these are already going for over $320 on eBay.
http://www.ebay.com/...=item3a7ddd719e

That auction is a bit of an outlier since the seller offers worldwide shipping. The other auctions that only ship to the States are in the $200-240 range.

#3580 DarkonJohn

DarkonJohn

Growing backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:48 AM

Actually, I got mine yesterday. Just opened the outer box to confirm it was OK but haven't opened the main box. Initial impression was that the metal box seemed pretty cool.
3DS FC: 3652-0544-2057 (PM me with yours if you add me)
Posted Image

#3581 hasturyo

hasturyo

Emotionaly Unavailabe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:52 AM

Actually, I got mine yesterday. Just opened the outer box to confirm it was OK but haven't opened the main box. Initial impression was that the metal box seemed pretty cool.

I got mine today. It is really really cool It was well worth the 110 for it.
Posted Image

#3582 DarkonJohn

DarkonJohn

Growing backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:54 AM

Plus, I'm really glad they offered the CE w/o the game because I'm sure I'll be able to pick up the game for $20 or less before the end of the year and have plenty of other games to play until then. Spending an extra $60 for the game would have just been a waste.
3DS FC: 3652-0544-2057 (PM me with yours if you add me)
Posted Image

#3583 inkcil

inkcil

I went from "Ashy to Thrifty"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

looks like the PS3's naruto CE doesn't come with figures and is $20 less...

#3584 RPGamer246

RPGamer246

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

Thanks for the info! Mine is out for delivery today :)

#3585 BrandonJF

BrandonJF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

Also, Gamestop exclusive CE's always become scarce pretty quickly, I'm not sure why anyone would think otherwise.

Because it's not true that they "always" become scarce pretty quickly. For every Metal Gear LE or DOA CE (even though I see it's still available at some stores and the price has dropped, although I have a feeling those are pre-orders that weren't picked up), there's a Final Fantasy XII or Ninja Gaiden III.

#3586 BrandonJF

BrandonJF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

You might not think its worth it, but considering the cheapest thing that the company making the statue retails for $350, then a lot of people think its worth it.

I'm not following that comparison - what is included in this Last of Us CE won't be anything comparable to what you'd spend $350 for on their site. Trust me, you aren't getting a special "deal" for a statue in this CE. It will be much smaller and surely made out of some form of plastic. It's like if I compare the Last of Us statue to their 20 pound, 32" high Darksiders II statue that costs $600-$650 and say the CE is a great deal.

#3587 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

I'm not following that comparison - what is included in this Last of Us CE won't be anything comparable to what you'd spend $350 for on their site. Trust me, you aren't getting a special "deal" for a statue in this CE. It will be much smaller and surely made out of some form of plastic. It's like if I compare the Last of Us statue to their 20 pound, 32" high Darksiders II statue that costs $600-$650 and say the CE is a great deal.

Thank you statue expert with your riveting update on what you know the statue will be made of. This was already pointed out after my post and I said that just because its smaller doesn't mean its of lesser quality. A comparison that *cough* I already posted is the weapon replicas for mass effect they make are 400 and over, for near the same size. Fact is, yes, we don't know what the statue is made of, but dimension wise, you are still getting a fucking good deal for a project triforce made item, plus a game. If you really wanna keep arguing this, by all means do, but I'm not gonna play that game on here.

#3588 BrandonJF

BrandonJF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

Thank you statue expert with your riveting update on what you know the statue will be made of. This was already pointed out after my post and I said that just because its smaller doesn't mean its of lesser quality. A comparison that *cough* I already posted is the weapon replicas for mass effect they make are 400 and over, for near the same size. Fact is, yes, we don't know what the statue is made of, but dimension wise, you are still getting a fucking good deal for a project triforce made item, plus a game. If you really wanna keep arguing this, by all means do, but I'm not gonna play that game on here.

Wow. It's unbelievable how overly defensive you seem to be. Talk about an overreaction....

Of course it's of lesser quality! It's not because it's smaller, it's because of the price and the fact that it's a video game CE pack-in. That doesn't mean it won't have a great sculpt and be a good product. It just means that you aren't getting something that would normally sell for $400 (or even $200, as they state) for around $80, which is what you seem to be wanting to believe.

This same argument could be made when it came to the Star Wars One Republic CE statue made by Gentle Giant. And, hey, Sideshow Collectibles puts out expensive statues, so they are almost giving away the Uncharted 3 statue! (and it didn't take long before retailers pretty much were giving it away). I'm not taking away anything from the quality of those statues - I'm just saying they weren't "worth" more than what they were being sold for in their respective CEs (in fact, they were worth far, far less if you paid the original retail price).

#3589 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

Post-Pandemic is still in stock, anybody who wanted it would have got the chance to preorder it at this point.

I'm no expert, but did the previous GS exclusive CEs (that went rare afterwards) held their preorder window for this long?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

My Lowball!

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3590 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

This same argument could be made when it came to the Star Wars One Republic CE statue made by Gentle Giant.

LOL, for some reason I find that to be an amusing fusion. "New from Disney - the One Republic Star Wars Tour!"

I envision it being marketed with a spin off of Apologize: "It's too late to go Dark Side..."

#3591 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

What?? You mean my $30 CE SWTOR Malgus statue isn't the same as this one? http://www.sideshowt...4489&sku=300151

I'm calling my lawyer, thanks for the heads up guys!;)

#3592 cakefoo

cakefoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

SWOR CE had more in it and cost less than the Last of Us PPE. Therefore I expect the LOU statue to be of better build quality. Also, the SWOR statue was 1 figure on a flat base, while the LOU statue is 2 figures with far more detailed base.

http://www.amazon.co...ex=0&isremote=0

#3593 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

Post-Pandemic is still in stock, anybody who wanted it would have got the chance to preorder it at this point.

I'm no expert, but did the previous GS exclusive CEs (that went rare afterwards) held their preorder window for this long?

I don't know but I'm hoping the PPE sells out soon. The good news for TLoU is that GTA V got pushed back to September so it should have May all to itself now.

#3594 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

Wow. It's unbelievable how overly defensive you seem to be. Talk about an overreaction....

Of course it's of lesser quality! It's not because it's smaller, it's because of the price and the fact that it's a video game CE pack-in. That doesn't mean it won't have a great sculpt and be a good product. It just means that you aren't getting something that would normally sell for $400 (or even $200, as they state) for around $80, which is what you seem to be wanting to believe.

This same argument could be made when it came to the Star Wars One Republic CE statue made by Gentle Giant. And, hey, Sideshow Collectibles puts out expensive statues, so they are almost giving away the Uncharted 3 statue! (and it didn't take long before retailers pretty much were giving it away). I'm not taking away anything from the quality of those statues - I'm just saying they weren't "worth" more than what they were being sold for in their respective CEs (in fact, they were worth far, far less if you paid the original retail price).

It has nothing to do with overreaction more than the fact that this is something that I already posted a reply to that you seem to ignored, but nice trying to throw it back at me eh partner ;)

Anyway, project triforce has yet to ever produce and sell a "lesser quality" statue (your words, not mine), and sell it for cheap, so why would they downgrade their quality standards at this point just to sell a few thousand CEs? I know sideshow has sold lesser quality stuff before doing the UC3 one, not too sure about Gentle Giant, but I know I've seen the name and bad reviews before on some things. And crap, why am I even replying to you on this? It's like I just got trolled.

#3595 GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza

Hangin Tough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

Anyone know if the fire emblem pre order bonus (artbook) is gamestop exclusive?
Posted Image

#3596 punkmaggit

punkmaggit

Masashi Hamauzu > you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

Anyone know if the fire emblem pre order bonus (artbook) is gamestop exclusive?

It is.

#3597 cag1000

cag1000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

Curious why Injustice isn't listed yet. There is also a different statue for the UK version that everyone will prob like better since Superman is chokin out WW.

#3598 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

Injustice was discused at length quite a few pages back. You're correct, the general consensus is that most people were going to try to import the UK version.

Problem is that nobody has put it up for preorder yet. Although Amazon Germany has it now (but it's got the German box and I think most people here want everything in English).

Amazon UK just added a picture of the CE to their listing for the regular version, so hopefully that's some hint that the CE will be available there for pre-order soon.

#3599 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

@The7thNumber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

Am i too late to order the ultimate songbird edition of Bioshock for xbox 360? Gamestop is sold out, amazon too, same with irrational games link. Hmmm walmart is sold out, best buy still has it available. hmmm. Anywhere else?

Also is the statue 9.75 inches wide or tall?

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#3600 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

Am i too late to order the ultimate songbird edition of Bioshock for xbox 360? Gamestop is sold out, amazon too, same with irrational games link. Hmmm walmart is sold out, best buy still has it available. hmmm. Anywhere else?

Best Buy still has it, and if you're Gamers Unlocked you get $20 in reward zone points!

http://www.bestbuy.c...inite&lp=1&cp=1