Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5516 replies to this topic

#3601 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

Yeah im not a gamers unlocked, so.

TwitterIcon2.pngThe7thNumber.png

#3602 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

Because it's not true that they "always" become scarce pretty quickly. For every Metal Gear LE or DOA CE (even though I see it's still available at some stores and the price has dropped, although I have a feeling those are pre-orders that weren't picked up), there's a Final Fantasy XII or Ninja Gaiden III.

Okay, I'll bite.

You named two that didn't sell out quickly. TWO. It's not like there's a whole bunch of GS exclusives that don't sell out quickly... The numbers are quite obviously skewed heavily toward any GS exclusive CE becoming at least slightly rare. FFXII was a lackluster CE, (barely even a CE by today's standards), and came out at a time when CE's weren't that much as a hot commodity as they are now. As for NGIII, your guess is as good as mine as to why that didn't go like hotcakes, but perhaps the unfavorable opinions of the game had something to do with it.

Now then, as for the ones that did sell out pretty quickly and did become rare, I can name these off the top of my head:

MGS3: Subsistence LE
AC II
Bioshock
DOA5
MGS PW

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#3603 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

Well, it's only $15 to join for the year, so even if you only bought this one item, you would be up $10 when you consider you'll be getting $20 in certs plus another $5 in certs for the actual purchase ($150X2).

#3604 RPGamer246

RPGamer246

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

Got my dead space dev team edition today! Love it! #2185/5000

#3605 shakespeare

shakespeare

The True Bard!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:51 AM

Dead Space Dev kit is awesome! 0890/5000!

#3606 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:55 AM

Got my Ni No Kuni Wizard Edition in from Namco just now. I'm so glad they ignored my cancellation and sent it to me anyway. This thing is gorgeous.

Also picked up Hitman HD trilogy yesterday. Gonna play it tonight. The artbook is pretty nice. Some of the artwork is meh but some is really nice.

#3607 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:04 AM

So people who got the Dev team edition got the game early?

#3608 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:27 AM

So people who got the Dev team edition got the game early?

No, the game ships separately.

#3609 uEih

uEih

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:32 AM

Post-Pandemic is still in stock, anybody who wanted it would have got the chance to preorder it at this point.

I'm no expert, but did the previous GS exclusive CEs (that went rare afterwards) held their preorder window for this long?

I'm pretty sure I remembered The Walking Dead CE from gamestop was on sale for quite a while. Yet once it was sold out and released, everyone was trying to get one.
Get Free Xbox360 Games quick and easy: Sign up here! PM me if you have any questions. http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=236921

#3610 wmoran27

wmoran27

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:38 AM

I don't know if I should get the Post-Pandemic Edition or the Survival Edition of The Last of Us.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3611 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:56 AM

I don't know if I should get the Post-Pandemic Edition or the Survival Edition of The Last of Us.

Survival, the artbook is looking awesome, which PPE doesn't have.

#3612 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:13 AM

Solution: Join.8-)

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3613 wmoran27

wmoran27

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:23 AM

I think the statue looks fuckcking awesome though.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3614 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:30 AM

I don't see why people think the DOA 5 CE is rare. I can still find them. There is a PS3 copy and a Xbox copy at one of my local stores. It was hot when it first came out, but it's died down quite a bit.

#3615 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:51 AM

The only CE I can think of that just never sold out and somewhat surprised me is Alan Wake. The CE sucked, but I still would have guessed it would have sold out at some point based on it being a new IP and a good game.

#3616 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:53 AM

The only CE I can think of that just never sold out and somewhat surprised me is Alan Wake. The CE sucked, but I still would have guessed it would have sold out at some point based on it being a new IP and a good game.

I dunno, man, the Alan Wake CE is one of the few CEs I really enjoy in terms of its bonus content and physical bonuses. I really enjoyed the game (even if a lot of people didn't), and I don't regret picking up the CE on launch week.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Dogtags/Misc.]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/11]: :ps3: Braid (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3617 Jon7

Jon7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:56 AM

There were a lot of Alan Wake CE's produced and the game in general didn't sell very well because of Red Dead Redemption releasing on the same day.

#3618 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:47 AM

u can get the artbook from amazon so its not that big of a deal.

Edited by shrike4242, 01 February 2013 - 04:27 PM.

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#3619 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:55 AM

I dunno, man, the Alan Wake CE is one of the few CEs I really enjoy in terms of its bonus content and physical bonuses. I really enjoyed the game (even if a lot of people didn't), and I don't regret picking up the CE on launch week.

This! I loved Alan Wake! The game was great and I loved the CE extras. Sure it never sold out but that just meant I got to grab it at a lower price! Totally worth the money!

#3620 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:11 AM

FYI - The official Injustice: Gods Among Us site has added European countries to it's list of pre-order locations this morning (previously just the US and Canada were listed). The UK page shows Amazon and Game as retailers that will be carrying the Collector's Edition.

http://www.injustice...-united-kingdom

While both are linked to, neither has pages up for the CE yet. However Amazon has just put a hold on pre-orders for the standard version (after adding a picture of the CE to the listing yesterday). My guess is the UK CE will be live for preorder there in the next day or so.

http://www.amazon.co...59653000&sr=8-2

#3621 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:12 AM

The Alan Wake CE was pretty damn awesome. I've only see one locally still available just at one gamestop in the new section still for full price. But in terms of content it was pretty damn awesome.

And DOA5 CE is pretty rare in most areas, and last time I checked resold for quite a bit. So if you do have them in your area, check that and then maybe you'd have a good opportunity.

#3622 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:46 AM

I just received the following e-mail from the Class of Heroes 2 physical collector's edition Kickstarter project that failed to get off the ground last year. Looks like they are indeed trying to do two versions of a limited run physical production of the game. See below for details:

We're sending out a message thanking all the backers that supported our ultimately unfunded effort to do an awesome Deluxe Edition of Class of Heroes 2. It didn't work out as a deluxe edition, but that's not because all of you didn't try hard, and we really appreciate the support you showed. Due to a stream of fan requests over the last few months still requesting even a regular physical version we have been able to negotiate a pre-order only physical release of the game that will also come with a download code if we can hit a minimum number of preorders for it. We wanted to tell you first that, as a believer and backer of our CoH2 Deluxe Kickstarter, you may have the opportunity to preorder a Kickstarter Supporter Physical+Digital Edition of the Class of Heroes 2 game that will have different disc art than the "general" preorder version. Because this is planned to be a preorder only physical release and the game will be digital only from release day onward, the physical game will be rare, but the Kickstarter Supporter edition will be even more exclusive. We have to hit a combined 2500 units to be able to do the physical edition, so we will first do a "general" non-binding signup via email where fans indicate their interest, and then if we have at least 2500 fans indicating they want to preorder, we'll open an actual preorder signup and the physical version will be a go. Fans that preorder will also be able to vote for the cover art to be used. Look for details, including pricing and the "I'm interested in a preorder" email address very shortly.

#3623 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

Post-Pandemic is still in stock, anybody who wanted it would have got the chance to preorder it at this point.

I'm no expert, but did the previous GS exclusive CEs (that went rare afterwards) held their preorder window for this long?

What do you mean by "this long" two weeks where it was out of stock for several days?

#3624 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:02 PM

I don't see why people think the DOA 5 CE is rare. I can still find them. There is a PS3 copy and a Xbox copy at one of my local stores. It was hot when it first came out, but it's died down quite a bit.

Yeah dude.. this one time.. I saw metroid prime trilogy on clearance at Target. Tooootally not hard to fine.

Sarcasm aside their is at least a 50% chance that if your GS does have DOA5 CE or Walking Dead CE it is no longer sealed. Pass.

#3625 outerfox

outerfox

Allow Ants Peas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:30 PM

I just received the following e-mail from the Class of Heroes 2 physical collector's edition Kickstarter project that failed to get off the ground last year. Looks like they are indeed trying to do two versions of a limited run physical production of the game. See below for details:

Man, I don't think they should have any problems getting 2500 people to get interest in this game. I'd be all over that.

#3626 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

Last year the only CE's I remember people being upset over not getting were:

-Witcher 2 Dark
-Borderlands Loot Chest
-Persona 4 Gold
-Darksiders 2 Mask

Just recently Ni No Kuni wizard's.

Other LE's were widely available I assume as I didnt really see a uproar from fans on it being hard to find.

Edited by MrBoss, 01 February 2013 - 10:47 PM.

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#3627 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

-Witcher 2 Dark
-Bioshock Loot Chest
-Persona 4 Gold
-Darksiders 2 Mask

Other LE's were widely available I assume as I didnt really see a uproar from fans on it being hard to find.

Man I missed out on that bioshock loot chest...

#3628 wmoran27

wmoran27

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:24 PM

-Witcher 2 Dark
-Bioshock Loot Chest
-Persona 4 Gold
-Darksiders 2 Mask

I dont know, i got P4G: Solid Gold quite easily. i dont get the big deal over Ni No Kuni. ive played it, it's really not that great. DmC is better.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3629 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:33 PM

I dont know, i got P4G: Solid Gold quite easily. i dont get the big deal over Ni No Kuni. ive played it, it's really not that great. DmC is better.

their are always going to be a few sheep that want something last minute just because they can no longer obtain it easily.

This unfortunately is part of human nature.

Their are also going to be nincompoops like the above poster [two up] that think because something comes back in stock a day before/after release, or is spotted at a target in passing that it is all of a sudden easily accessible to everyone else.

Lastly you're going to get either the severly misinformed or the trolls who make comments like "MGS HD LE isn't rare... I'll pick it up at BB on clearance" when it was a GS/AZ exclusive or the posters who says things like "This game isn't rare my gamestop is showing stock today" which coincidently is release day and it is a well known fact that gamestop stock checker will count preorders are part of their stock.

#3630 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

What do you mean by "this long" two weeks where it was out of stock for several days?

Well, to be honest I not know what should be categorized as a "long" preorder window before OOS, I remember the loot chest was OOS faster?

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png