Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5516 replies to this topic

#3631 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

I remember loot chest going oos of stock and not returning until the game released and extra stock went back up

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#3632 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

Well, to be honest I not know what should be categorized as a "long" preorder window before OOS, I remember the loot chest was OOS faster?

Not really a good comparable. Loot Chest was a CE for an established IP, Last of Us is a new IP.

#3633 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

I dont know, i got P4G: Solid Gold quite easily. i dont get the big deal over Ni No Kuni. ive played it, it's really not that great. DmC is better.

P4G was easily pre-orderable, until they ran out of stock. If you managed to get one after that, good for you; that's anecdotal, though, and it was still hard to get. Also, you just compared a character action game to a JRPG. I would say that Total War Shogun 2 is light years better than COD, but that's a stupid comparison now, isn't it?

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#3634 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

Got my dead space dev team edition today! Love it! #2185/5000

Got mine today. #2092. It's very nice. For the OCD collectors it's not sealed.

Odd thing, I'm guessing because of the weather, there was condensation on the outside of the tin. It came in a styrofoam coffin which was good.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#3635 DWulf

DWulf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

So they've changed the art on the steelbook in the UK/EU Injustice: Gods Among Us CE? Dang it - that was half the reason I was going to import it. I really liked the look of the first steelbook image they released. Not sure if I'm going to bother getting it now as I don't like the new steelbook art.

#3636 rhmills15

rhmills15

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

Got mine today. #2092. It's very nice. For the OCD collectors it's not sealed.

Odd thing, I'm guessing because of the weather, there was condensation on the outside of the tin. It came in a styrofoam coffin which was good.

I got mine today also. I think the number was 2767. It is a thing of beauty and was worth every penny.

#3637 seether254

seether254

For the Hive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

Last year the only CE's I remember people being upset over not getting were:

-Witcher 2 Dark
-Bioshock Loot Chest
-Persona 4 Gold
-Darksiders 2 Mask

Just recently Ni No Kuni wizard's.

Other LE's were widely available I assume as I didnt really see a uproar from fans on it being hard to find.

unless im mistaken there isnt a bioshock loot chest. I think you mean Borderlands 2 ultimate loot chest.
PSN: Archangel-254

Xbox: SunGod254

#3638 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:56 AM

Yeah im not a gamers unlocked, so.

I'm surprised you're not a member given all the BB deals that have been posted up in the last year.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered, Destiny

:360: Gears of War 3

#3639 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:09 AM

Not really a good comparable. Loot Chest was a CE for an established IP, Last of Us is a new IP.

I'm not comparing the games, only the preorder window during which it is available. And hoping to get some ballpark numbers from vets.

Edited by TooPoor, 02 February 2013 - 07:00 AM.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3640 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:19 AM

i am looking for opinions on the Aliens Colonial Marines CE, do you guys think its worth it?

#3641 KnightOfTheX

KnightOfTheX

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:20 AM

So can i ask, which special edition games are worth getting to sell on Ebay? I'm a broke college student hoping to earn some money. My job isn't cutting it ^^

#3642 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:52 AM

i am looking for opinions on the Aliens Colonial Marines CE, do you guys think its worth it?

I think it might drop in price quite quickly. Doesn't seem to be a lot of hype for it. I like the figure that comes with it, though.

#3643 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

I'm not comparing the games, only the pre-order window during which it is available. And hoping to get some ballpark numbers from vets.

That's my point, those pre-order windows aren't comparable because there are too many variables in play. An existing IP will have a higher sales target, a higher visibility, higher marketing allotment, and higher production runs. For the most part, none of those things exist with a new IP.

Sure, Last of Us is a fairly high-profile new IP, but the fact is that only games who pay attention to the industry will know much about it. Knowledge of Borderlands 2 on the other hand was inescapable due to the wild success of the first title.

It should be expected that a pre-order window for a truly "limited" premier IP sequel would be much, much shorter than the pre-order window for an equally limited new IP. Take the Dead Space Ultra Limited edition. It was a new IP and was limited to just 1,000 units and the pre-order window from EA lasted almost up to the release date.

#3644 Raven6009

Raven6009

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

I can see this one hitting $50 before selling out. No way would I pay $100 for it.
Posted Image

#3645 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

Yeah I really just wanted the Marker statue, but couldn't justify spending $100 for it. Now I know I could've broken even and actually made some money while keeping ithe statue. XP

#3646 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:14 AM

I don't know if this has been discussed, but the PAL version of Injustice CE gets a WAY better statue.

http://www.videogame...injusticeCE.jpg

I can't get over Batman's stupid face in the American one. I love video game statues but this would be awful to display.

#3647 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:20 AM

He looks like a monkey in a way

#3648 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

am I the only one that thinks the splinter cell RC airplane is awesome?

#3649 Banana Peel Assassin

Banana Peel Assassin

RIP Arcade Infinity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

...yeah, pretty much.
- StayFree( ' 3')

My selling thread...full of rare press only merch that you don't really need.

(gaming promos, posters, press kits, developer signed items, etc.)

#3650 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

...yeah, pretty much.

Yeah, I got excited until I heard it's made of foam again. Then I had all kinds of horrible flashbacks related to the care package.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3651 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

Heads up that Tomb Raider CE is down for in-store and website pre-orders at Gamestop.

#3652 SkiLLs7984

SkiLLs7984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:37 AM

So The Last of Us Pandemic Edition is basically ending up so limited as most were thinking/hoping? I love the statues that come with SOME of these games, but I do love the fact that they are limited as well. Whats every ones current thought on this edition since it still seems readily available on Gamestop.com?

#3653 sirgalahad

sirgalahad

Bastard son of Lancelot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:43 AM

So The Last of Us Pandemic Edition is basically ending up so limited as most were thinking/hoping? I love the statues that come with SOME of these games, but I do love the fact that they are limited as well. Whats every ones current thought on this edition since it still seems readily available on Gamestop.com?

Well, it's only February and this game releases May. If gamestop hopefully ends their online preorders by the end of this month or even by the end of march then things might get juicy. Look at the DeadSpace 3 dev kit. Took a while to sell out, but once it went, everyone got hungry.

#3654 Namzor

Namzor

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

Did the Deadspace 3 Dev really sell out that slowly? I preordered when I first heard of it and don't think availability lasted very long. I too am wondering about how supposedly "limited" the PPE is. Initially when it went OoS was a good sign, but now I wonder how many they plan on making.

#3655 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

Pre-orders are now live for the UK Collector's Edition of Injustice: Gods Among Us.

Amazon UK - http://www.amazon.co...60154951&sr=1-4

EDIT - I just tried pre-ordering it and Amazon UK is telling me that this item can't be shipped to my US address. Let me know if anyone else has better luck. :(

GAME's CE pre-order isn't live yet.

#3656 RainFall

RainFall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

Pre-orders are now live for the UK Collector's Edition of Injustice: Gods Among Us.

EDIT - I just tried pre-ordering it and Amazon UK is telling me that this item can't be shipped to my US address. Let me know if anyone else has better luck. :(

Try amazon.fr

#3657 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

Thanks for the heads up on this finally being listed! But, yes, as of right now it will not allow for US shipping. That could possibly change though - as I have imported countless games from Amazon UK - several of which were initially non-importable.

In other non-importable news - the God of War Ascension Dualshock Controller is listed on Amazon UK now... but not yet available for US shipping. I do not believe this controller is ever coming to the US. Still nice to look at....
http://www.amazon.co...=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#3658 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

Try amazon.fr

I'm going to hold off on trying either Amazon.fr or Amazon.de because I'd prefer to have all of the packaging in English (ie outer box).

Thanks for the info on pre-orders sometimes taking a while to become US-elligable. I've ordered quite a bit of stuff from Amazon UK since they started shipping to US, but I don't think I've ever pre-ordered anything there. I'll keep an eye on it and keep my fingers crossed.

#3659 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

Looks like Gamestop and Walmart are sold out of Aliens Colonial Marines CE, but it is still up on Amazon, Target, and pretty much everywhere else.

#3660 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:45 AM

ugh really want the injustice statue. but just like the previous previous poster, i want the box in english.

cant order from amazon.co.uk either here