Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5516 replies to this topic

#3661 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:29 AM

The Injustice issue may be a size problem? I doubt it, but I know that Zavvi and Game won't ship large items abroad, so it's possible.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#3662 k20em1

k20em1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:42 AM

Looks like Gamestop and Walmart are sold out of Aliens Colonial Marines CE, but it is still up on Amazon, Target, and pretty much everywhere else.

I'm totally hyped about this even with all the negative comments about it, have had my CE pre-ordered since September. 5 more days, it looks to play much better than AVP and I thought that game wasn't that bad. But i'm a huge fan.8-)

#3663 MarshMan34

MarshMan34

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:44 AM

I have a quick, probably dumb, question. I just got the pal UK collector's edition version of Pandora's Tower from a third party seller on Amazon.com. It has no shrink wrap on the outer box and also not even on the game inside the box and I ordered it to be new. The seller says that all these CEs for Pandora's Tower pal UK don't have shrink wrap on it, but I think he is full of it. I was wondering if anyone had ordered it and this is actually the case?
Thank you in advance for the help.

#3664 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:14 AM

Did gamestop change their policy on the deposit for pre-orders?

I could of sworn that pre-orders $100 and up need a $25 deposit but not for special editions like $80. Was trying to reserve GoW Ascension and the guy told me I needed $25 thought that only applied to the more expensive pre-orders.
Posted Image
NNID:deathkwondo35
:3ds:-2964-8582-4635

#3665 Bandersnatch84

Bandersnatch84

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:15 AM

There was no shrink wrap on mine, not on the outer box or on the game case itself. There is a multilingual manual that came in a plastic baggie.

#3666 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:22 AM

Did gamestop change their policy on the deposit for pre-orders?

I could of sworn that pre-orders $100 and up need a $25 deposit but not for special editions like $80. Was trying to reserve GoW Ascension and the guy told me I needed $25 thought that only applied to the more expensive pre-orders.

All CEs now take $25 deposits now I think.

#3667 baboonfreak

baboonfreak

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:27 AM

All CEs now take $25 deposits now I think.

yup. I had to put down $25 for walking dead collectors ($69.99) late last year.

#3668 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:32 AM

I have a quick, probably dumb, question. I just got the pal UK collector's edition version of Pandora's Tower from a third party seller on Amazon.com. It has no shrink wrap on the outer box and also not even on the game inside the box and I ordered it to be new. The seller says that all these CEs for Pandora's Tower pal UK don't have shrink wrap on it, but I think he is full of it. I was wondering if anyone had ordered it and this is actually the case?
Thank you in advance for the help.

I was concerned about that too when i got mine back in December.. but doing a google search seemed to reveal that thats just the way that they come. I got mine directly thorough Amazon UK so i doubt they're opening games on peoople =P Its strange as hell. I dont think other UK CE games come like that. At least no other one i've ordered before
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#3669 MarshMan34

MarshMan34

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:44 AM

There was no shrink wrap on mine, not on the outer box or on the game case itself. There is a multilingual manual that came in a plastic baggie.

I was concerned about that too when i got mine back in December.. but doing a google search seemed to reveal that thats just the way that they come. I got mine directly thorough Amazon UK so i doubt they're opening games on peoople =P Its strange as hell. I dont think other UK CE games come like that. At least no other one i've ordered before

Thanks for the quick reply. I did do a google search, but I was unsure. I figured someone here would have ordered the UK Pal Pandora's Tower CE and I would be able to get a definitive answer.

Edited by MarshMan34, 07 February 2013 - 10:47 AM.
Want to specify game I am writing about

#3670 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

yup. I had to put down $25 for walking dead collectors ($69.99) late last year.

Yeah, I don't mind. I mean, you are going to pay the full amount eventually anyway, and if you decide you don't want it, you still get your full deposit back.

#3671 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

The Injustice issue may be a size problem? I doubt it, but I know that Zavvi and Game won't ship large items abroad, so it's possible.

A fine guess - but that is not always the case. Of large imported games, I have ordered the Hitman Absolution Professional Edition (the one with the big vinyl 47 figure) and NnK: Wizard Edition from Amazon UK. Both large, both shipped here.
My advice is to keep checking every couple days to see if it will go through.

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#3672 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

I'm totally hyped about this even with all the negative comments about it, have had my CE pre-ordered since September. 5 more days, it looks to play much better than AVP and I thought that game wasn't that bad. But i'm a huge fan.8-)

Yeah, I have one on pre-order from Newegg (got it during the $12 off coupon time) for $87.99. Still deciding if I'm gonna keep it or not. The game might not be too bad.

#3673 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:16 PM

Yeah, I don't mind. I mean, you are going to pay the full amount eventually anyway, and if you decide you don't want it, you still get your full deposit back.

Yea I know but I just didn't have the money on me and it was weird when they told me could of sworn that only applied to games over $100.
Posted Image
NNID:deathkwondo35
:3ds:-2964-8582-4635

#3674 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:00 AM

Thanks for the quick reply. I did do a google search, but I was unsure. I figured someone here would have ordered the UK Pal Pandora's Tower CE and I would be able to get a definitive answer.

yup, no problem. I dont get a bug up my butt when people ask about junk you can kinda get through a google search. I understand that sometimes you want to hear from people on a forum you frequent. I cant guarentee the guy you bought it from sent you a new copy, but that IS the way its supposed to come.
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#3675 Ace69

Ace69

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

Will the Last of Us Survival Edition be available at Best Buy or is it retailer specific?

#3676 D.Choy

D.Choy

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

Will the Last of Us Survival Edition be available at Best Buy or is it retailer specific?

This is still unknown at this point. So far it's only available at GameStop and Amazon.

#3677 GreyFox787

GreyFox787

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

If I get a CE of The Last of Us, it's definitely going to be the Survival Edition now that I see the more expensive option doesn't include the Art book. The statue is nice, but not worth that much...not by a long shot.

#3678 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

If I get a CE of The Last of Us, it's definitely going to be the Survival Edition now that I see the more expensive option doesn't include the Art book. The statue is nice, but not worth that much...not by a long shot.

I don't get why people keep saying that. Yes it's expensive but it's not overpriced, quality vg statues go for a lot. For the average CAG the statue alone isn't worth it but as a collector of this kind of stuff, it seems like a pretty good deal (even better if the game is as good/does as well as we think).

#3679 BrandonJF

BrandonJF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

I don't get why people keep saying that. Yes it's expensive but it's not overpriced, quality vg statues go for a lot.

Yes, but plastic CE pack-in statues do not.

#3680 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

Yes, but plastic CE pack-in statues do not.

You say that as if it's some cheap pack-in McDonald's quality. Max Payne 3's was kinda bad, but Assassin's Creed's for example was very high quality and well worth the price. Have you physically seen the statue? The maker of it produces very impressive stuff, I don't see what makes you think it's so cheap. Someone may also try to accuse me of "trying to justify my purchase because I regret it"; I haven't put down a single cent on this and can cancel it whenever I want.

#3681 D.Choy

D.Choy

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:54 PM

You say that as if it's some cheap pack-in McDonald's quality. Max Payne 3's was kinda bad, but Assassin's Creed's for example was very high quality and well worth the price. Have you physically seen the statue? The maker of it produces very impressive stuff, I don't see what makes you think it's so cheap. Someone may also try to accuse me of "trying to justify my purchase because I regret it"; I haven't put down a single cent on this and can cancel it whenever I want.

I think you are fighting a losing battle trying to argue your position with these people. These guys have no intention of buying it and have to basically bash the whole idea of it to make themselves feel better. As you already put it, they have no idea what the quality of the statue is like. They are basing their interpretation of it in their own light. For all we know this thing could be a real beauty and as you have pointed out their have been plenty of quality CE statues. I don't understand people online sometimes. It's fine, no one is looking down on you because you aren't getting it. With that being said I don't understand why they have to justify not buying it by bashing the whole idea of a $160 CE. I don't go around bashing movies I haven't seen. >.>

#3682 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:21 AM

I think you are fighting a losing battle trying to argue your position with these people. These guys have no intention of buying it and have to basically bash the whole idea of it to make themselves feel better. As you already put it, they have no idea what the quality of the statue is like. They are basing their interpretation of it in their own light. For all we know this thing could be a real beauty and as you have pointed out their have been plenty of quality CE statues. I don't understand people online sometimes. It's fine, no one is looking down on you because you aren't getting it. With that being said I don't understand why they have to justify not buying it by bashing the whole idea of a $160 CE. I don't go around bashing movies I haven't seen. >.>

Eh, my biggest issue is they TAKE OUT one of the CE extras from the MORE EXPENSIVE one. So if you want the artbook too, that's another $20-$30 (from Amazon probably sold separately) adding to the cost of $160 making it actually $180-$190 vs the $80 CE version w/ artbook.

I'll add that trying to argue small statues are worth that $100-$120 extra on a cheapassgamer site where lots of us pay $10-$30 for games is silly.

#3683 D.Choy

D.Choy

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:55 AM

Eh, my biggest issue is they TAKE OUT one of the CE extras from the MORE EXPENSIVE one. So if you want the artbook too, that's another $20-$30 (from Amazon probably sold separately) adding to the cost of $160 making it actually $180-$190 vs the $80 CE version w/ artbook.

I'll add that trying to argue small statues are worth that $100-$120 extra on a cheapassgamer site where lots of us pay $10-$30 for games is silly.

I don't think we are trying to argue the statue being worth this much or that much. I mean I was perfectly fine with paying 150 for night vision goggles with MW2 or 130 for a halo helmet. I want this stuff so I am fine with paying a premium. I mean obviously game companies need to make a profit. If they threw in the art book as well it would just be too good of a deal.

My argument is if you don't want it then don't whine about this or that. Move on, no one really cares if you buy it or not. We all work or do what we can so we can buy what we want; I don't dictate how people should spend their money. I plan to pick up the $160 CE and I already locked in a preorder for the art book off amazon as well ($26).

#3684 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:21 AM

Yep. No regrets buying CEs on release day and paying $100-150 on most of them. I don't buy every CE I see. Like bioshock infinte for instance; I just have no interest in that game so I decided to pass on the CE.

Last year I bought mortal kombat KE and LE on release day. That's a total of 250. Then the prices dropped for both editions months later. No regrets. I wanted them anyway. Right now, I have Metal gear rising US LE and UK LE preordered, plus both injustice special editions preordered

#3685 shakespeare

shakespeare

The True Bard!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:08 AM

Yep. No regrets buying CEs on release day and paying $100-150 on most of them. I don't buy every CE I see. Like bioshock infinte for instance; I just have no interest in that game so I decided to pass on the CE.

Last year I bought mortal kombat KE and LE on release day. That's a total of 250. Then the prices dropped for both editions months later. No regrets. I wanted them anyway. Right now, I have Metal gear rising US LE and UK LE preordered, plus both injustice special editions preordered

Can't seem to order the Injustice UK CE. :cry: Doesn't ship to US. Are you shipping somewhere else? Want that steelbook!

#3686 omyard

omyard

dreaming neon black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:33 AM

Right now, I have Metal gear rising US LE and UK LE preordered

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who did that.

#3687 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:37 AM

It's not silly if they, unlike generic non-rare games, keep their price & value over time.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3688 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:22 AM

Well, opinions are like assholes you know. No reason to be a CAG police on pricing if someone wants something. I'm buying it cause I like the statue, sorry you take offense to my buying habits.

#3689 Ace69

Ace69

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:33 AM

This is still unknown at this point. So far it's only available at GameStop and Amazon.

I really hope they do because if they don't I'll just pre-order it on Amazon instead.

#3690 mediviper

mediviper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:54 AM

Hopefully this is the right place to post this, but I picked up the Collectors Edition of Ninja Gaiden 3 tonight for the 360 for $29.99 at Gamestop. In case anyone was looking for it.