Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5516 replies to this topic

#3691 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:03 PM

Eh, my biggest issue is they TAKE OUT one of the CE extras from the MORE EXPENSIVE one. So if you want the artbook too, that's another $20-$30 (from Amazon probably sold separately) adding to the cost of $160 making it actually $180-$190 vs the $80 CE version w/ artbook.

I'll add that trying to argue small statues are worth that $100-$120 extra on a cheapassgamer site where lots of us pay $10-$30 for games is silly.

I think Borderlands 2 did it right.
The Loot Box edition (the highest edition) contained all the stuff from the other editions and a box. Some other CE's did this as well, I forget atm (Halo?).

I dont know why they make different versions rather than just keep adding on to the previous. Other than of course make more money from you.

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#3692 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

I'm not sure if this has been posted.

Among other things I collect CE/LE controllers. It looks like Microsoft will make one for the upcoming game "Tomb Raider"

http://www.amazon.co..._ecc_rvi_cart_4

Not sure how limited it will be. They (CE controllers in general) tend to be available for a little and then disappear.

#3693 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

I think Borderlands 2 did it right.
The Loot Box edition (the highest edition) contained all the stuff from the other editions and a box. Some other CE's did this as well, I forget atm (Halo?).

I dont know why they make different versions rather than just keep adding on to the previous. Other than of course make more money from you.

Completely agree with this. I can't help but feel that anyone that defends the decision to take out one of the nicest bonus items (the artbook) and still charge $160, $170 (however much it is) is either daft or a fanboy.

As an aside, I have many, many statues and figures from CEs. I would say that at least 90% of them are of shitty quality and do little more than take up space and jack the price up. Sure, we haven't actually held this one in our hands yet, but it's lunacy to not judge things off past experiences. I've got a whole shelf full of past experiences; they're quite the let down.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#3694 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

Not a Collectors Edition or anything but there's an actual Ni No Kuni Soundtrack if anyone's interested. I think it comes out to $35 with shipping. The website is in French but the soundtrack booklet is in English.

Comes with 2 discs (33 tracks) and a 20 page booklet. There's 870 available as of this posting and I think it's exclusive to that site. When I checked a couple days ago there were 921.

#3695 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

Not a Collectors Edition or anything but there's an actual Ni No Kuni Soundtrack if anyone's interested. I think it comes out to $27 + any shipping which I didn't check. The website is in French but the soundtrack booklet is in English.

Comes with 2 discs (33 tracks) and a 20 page booklet. There's 870 available as of this posting and I think it's exclusive to that site. When I checked a couple days ago there were 921.

If anyone orders one can you please post the shipping charges?

Ooh, I'm definitely interested. I would also like to know the shipping charges if anyone is nice enough to post them.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: MGS2 HD [Dogtags/Misc.]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/23]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Easy] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3696 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

Ooh, I'm definitely interested. I would also like to know the shipping charges if anyone is nice enough to post them.

I edited my post with the info. It looks like it'd be 20 euro + another 6 for shipping so something like $35 USD total. I think I'm going to wait until the number available drops some and then grab one or two myself.

#3697 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

I edited my post with the info. It looks like it'd be 20 euro + another 6 for shipping so something like $35 USD total. I think I'm going to wait until the number available drops some and then grab one or two myself.

Yeah, same here. Thanks for posting that.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: MGS2 HD [Dogtags/Misc.]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/23]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Easy] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3698 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:23 AM

Eh, my biggest issue is they TAKE OUT one of the CE extras from the MORE EXPENSIVE one. So if you want the artbook too, that's another $20-$30 (from Amazon probably sold separately) adding to the cost of $160 making it actually $180-$190 vs the $80 CE version w/ artbook.

I'll add that trying to argue small statues are worth that $100-$120 extra on a cheapassgamer site where lots of us pay $10-$30 for games is silly.

Skyrim CE came with a 200 page hardcover artbook and 12" tall dragon statue for $150. ;)

Spoiler

#3699 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:47 AM

Yeah, and that artbook is just so nice--that statue is shitty, though. lol

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

#3700 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:52 AM

I really hate reading this thread; if I was better at noticing when games/items were put up for presale I'd try to avoid it entirely.

I really could do without all the commentary in regards to "that sucks" "this won't be rare" "suspect quality" it would be awesome.

Two examples that come to mind are the Portal Guns and Dead Space Dev Kits. Can we get a big "DERP"?

Amateurs.

Edit: Holy Crap. Was there a post for this?

http://gear.ea.com/t...-timepiece.html

Dead Space 3 watch? This is the type of stuff I love owning. It looks like 500 were made and they sold 200 already and will list the other 300 shortly. Anyone have information as to when?

#3701 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:10 AM

I thought the statue was decent? I mean, I can only name a few that came with a better statue quality than Skyrim, or maybe I am just not in the CE scene long enough (I just started out after I joined CAG, so this site has actually made me spend more money).

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3702 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:41 AM

For a CE statue, I guess it's okay. In the greater scheme of statues and what not, it's shit. lol

#3703 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:47 AM

I thought the statue was decent? I mean, I can only name a few that came with a better statue quality than Skyrim, or maybe I am just not in the CE scene long enough (I just started out after I joined CAG, so this site has actually made me spend more money).

I agree statue looked pretty cool to me but I don't own much statues like toopoor.

CAG = More backlog, less cash. CheapyD did the smart thing by being in Japan, so he can't even participate in the deals.

#3704 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:02 AM

I agree statue looked pretty cool to me but I don't own much statues like toopoor.

CAG = More backlog, less cash. CheapyD did the smart thing by being in Japan, so he can't even participate in the deals.

And as long as he gave up his US citizenship he can make sweet sweet revenue without the taxes.

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#3705 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:45 PM

And as long as he gave up his US citizenship he can make sweet sweet revenue without the taxes.

Except that Japan has some of the higher total income tax rates in the world. Their income tax structure at the national level is much like ours here in the US, except that Japan has higher local taxes that add about another 10 points to the effective tax rate.

#3706 GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza

Hangin Tough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

Looks like Last Of Us is gone again. The jackass in me is smiling. I really wish this had the artbook. I cant recall when two CE are released the higher tier one having less than the lower tier.
Posted Image

#3707 bakutenten

bakutenten

I am Alpha and Omega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

Looks like Last Of Us is gone again. The jackass in me is smiling. I really wish this had the artbook. I cant recall when two CE are released the higher tier one having less than the lower tier.

looks like it was limited after all. Sad that it doesn't have the artbook but I'll gladly plunk down $26 for it as this was a game I've been wanting to get since it's first trailer appeared way back when.

#3708 omyard

omyard

dreaming neon black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

I really hate reading this thread; if I was better at noticing when games/items were put up for presale I'd try to avoid it entirely.

I really could do without all the commentary in regards to "that sucks" "this won't be rare" "suspect quality" it would be awesome.

Two examples that come to mind are the Portal Guns and Dead Space Dev Kits. Can we get a big "DERP"?

Amateurs.

Edit: Holy Crap. Was there a post for this?

http://gear.ea.com/t...-timepiece.html

Dead Space 3 watch? This is the type of stuff I love owning. It looks like 500 were made and they sold 200 already and will list the other 300 shortly. Anyone have information as to when?

I agree with everything you said. It's the Internet though. People that are happy with what they do don't post as often. People that want to bitch and complain because they're miserable, trying to be counter to everyone else, or think they're being funny do post more often.

I've seen people complain a lot about the Max Payne 3 statue. I got it for $30 and I like it. Could it be better? Yeah. Could it be worse? Yeah. Does it sit in my living room filled with other collectables and do people say it looks cool? Yeah. I'm happy with it and I don't regret getting it. I don't focus on what it could've been and cry cause its still pretty cool.

That watch is pretty awesome looking. Not sure I'd buy it, but I set up a notification for when it comes back again.

#3709 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

In a fascinating turn of events, BioShock Songbird is now in stock on GS.com, while the PC version went oos.

#3710 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

I agree with everything you said. It's the Internet though. People that are happy with what they do don't post as often. People that want to bitch and complain because they're miserable, trying to be counter to everyone else, or think they're being funny do post more often.

I've seen people complain a lot about the Max Payne 3 statue. I got it for $30 and I like it. Could it be better? Yeah. Could it be worse? Yeah. Does it sit in my living room filled with other collectables and do people say it looks cool? Yeah. I'm happy with it and I don't regret getting it. I don't focus on what it could've been and cry cause its still pretty cool.

That watch is pretty awesome looking. Not sure I'd buy it, but I set up a notification for when it comes back again.

The reason I complained about the MP3 statue is because many people agreed that it sucks. It doesn't even look much like Max, and it's all waxy looking. It's made by the same company that is making the statue for The Last Of Us.

The picture for the statue for The Last Of Us does not look like Ellie. So it's concerning to me since I bought a couple of them and it's probably the only video game statue in the history of video game statues that I may actually want to keep for myself.

#3711 omyard

omyard

dreaming neon black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

The reason I complained about the MP3 statue is because many people agreed that it sucks. It doesn't even look much like Max, and it's all waxy looking. It's made by the same company that is making the statue for The Last Of Us.

The picture for the statue for The Last Of Us does not look like Ellie. So it's concerning to me since I bought a couple of them and it's probably the only video game statue in the history of video game statues that I may actually want to keep for myself.

I understand. I feel the same way. I guess with the Max Payne statue I'm not looking closely at it all the time so the waxy look doesn't bother me. Most of the people who say how nice it looks aren't fans of the game so they don't know it's not 100% accurate.

I have my reservations about The Last of Us statue. The main reason I preordered it was because it looks different than most of the collectables I have. So even if its not 100% accurate it'll fill a void in my collection. It also makes me think of what I would do to protect my daughter (even though the characters aren't related) if our world was in the same place. So the statue for me has multiple meanings when I look at it.

#3712 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

Max payne statue looks like homer simpson with hair, and white skin.

Just replace the gun with doughnut and the bullet shells with bread crumbs.

Idk he looks like homer to me in a way.

#3713 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

In a fascinating turn of events, BioShock Songbird is now in stock on GS.com, while the PC version went oos.

Yeah, songbird is really not hard to get, only place that it is OOS was at amazon, with reseller's jacked up prices listed already.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3714 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

I understand. I feel the same way. I guess with the Max Payne statue I'm not looking closely at it all the time so the waxy look doesn't bother me. Most of the people who say how nice it looks aren't fans of the game so they don't know it's not 100% accurate.

I have my reservations about The Last of Us statue. The main reason I preordered it was because it looks different than most of the collectables I have. So even if its not 100% accurate it'll fill a void in my collection. It also makes me think of what I would do to protect my daughter (even though the characters aren't related) if our world was in the same place. So the statue for me has multiple meanings when I look at it.

I agree with this and will probably keep one regardless of what it looks like or how crappy it is in the end. I won't be too happy about it but I also have a teenage daughter so I can relate. Regardless if the statue is garbage or not I can't wait to play the game.

Max payne statue looks like homer simpson with hair, and white skin.

Just replace the gun with doughnut and the bullet shells with bread crumbs.

Idk he looks like homer to me in a way.

lmao at the Homer comparison. That's exactly what I thought. Also saw a youtube video where someone compared it to Tommy Vercetti from Grand Theft Auto.

#3715 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:37 AM

Not a Collectors Edition or anything but there's an actual Ni No Kuni Soundtrack if anyone's interested. I think it comes out to $35 with shipping. The website is in French but the soundtrack booklet is in English.

I finally bit on this. I ended up ordering 2 copies. Sadly, there doesn't seem to be any quantity discount on the shipping as it was 6 GBP for shipping on one and 12 GBP on shipping for two. Oh well.

#3716 cakefoo

cakefoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

Yeah, songbird is really not hard to get, only place that it is OOS was at amazon, with reseller's jacked up prices listed already.

Not just Amazon- Walmart and Best Buy too.

#3717 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

Not just Amazon- Walmart and Best Buy too.

I remember people reporting success when preordering in store at BBY?
Anyway, it's still available at Gamestop as of now.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3718 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

Think about it. Their is a huge difference between NECA's Toys R Us line of mass produced toys and their line of collector's items that they make in limited quantities. Same goes for the toys/statues that McFarlane produces.

How many CE's do you think their was for Max Payne 3 across all three systems. How many do you think there will be for The Last Of Us across the Playstation 3?

#3719 GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza

Hangin Tough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:57 AM

Anyone pick up the Aliens Collector edition, read the reviews and decided to return it? I am going to contact amazon about the return and hopefully I dont eat to much money on return shipping.
Posted Image

#3720 Outlaw1986

Outlaw1986

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:04 AM

They pushed back the release date for the last of us until june 18th. Sry for the bad news...