Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5516 replies to this topic

#3721 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:06 AM

I checked out the Alien CE at GameStop tonight. The statue looks pretty poorly painted. That said, the guys at my GS said they only got three CEs in, all for pre-orders so this might not be readily available on the cheap down the road.

#3722 diishen

diishen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:19 AM

They pushed back the release date for the last of us until june 18th. Sry for the bad news...

meh, good news for me actually, too many games, too little time...so pushing out the spending on Survival Edition is fine with me 8-)

#3723 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:31 AM

It's very unlike Naughty Dog to push back a release date but I'm actually fine with this. This summer is looking pretty barren when it comes to games I want.

#3724 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:48 AM

They pushed back the release date for the last of us until june 18th. Sry for the bad news...

Source? Best Buy is the only site with the new date. Gamestop had the June 18th date last night, but went back to May 7 this morning. None of the articles I can find has a source other than Best Buy or has been updated since the Best Buy rumors started last night.

#3725 Jon7

Jon7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:03 AM

Source? Best Buy is the only site with the new date. Gamestop had the June 18th date last night, but went back to May 7 this morning. None of the articles I can find has a source other than Best Buy or has been updated since the Best Buy rumors started last night.

Amazon has the June 18th date as well.

#3726 Outlaw1986

Outlaw1986

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:09 AM

http://www.amazon.co...=the last of us
http://www.bestbuy.c...of us&lp=1&cp=1
I guess GameStop did change there date back to may 7th but amazon and best buy have there's changed. I guess we will see but I think it will be delayed.

#3727 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:11 AM

http://www.amazon.co...=the last of us
http://www.bestbuy.c...of us&lp=1&cp=1
I guess GameStop did change there date back to may 7th but amazon and best buy have there's changed. I guess we will see but I think it will be delayed.

Unfortunately, Best Buy and Amazon are terrible for release dates. I suspect there may be some truth to the delay given that the 18th is a Tuesday and could be a legit date, but until we see a formal announcement, it's not a fact and shouldn't be reported as such.

#3728 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:21 AM

Anyone know where I could find Halo Reach Legendary for about $50 ? I know it's been that price before, dunno if it's never been on sale since then.

#3729 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:46 AM

Anyone know where I could find Halo Reach Legendary for about $50 ? I know it's been that price before, dunno if it's never been on sale since then.

In 2011 ($59.99).

#3730 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:19 AM

I checked out the Alien CE at GameStop tonight. The statue looks pretty poorly painted. That said, the guys at my GS said they only got three CEs in, all for pre-orders so this might not be readily available on the cheap down the road.

you can purchase 30 on amazon at once.. i think that's a pretty big sign they have a ton in stock that isn't selling

#3731 k20em1

k20em1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:26 AM

Anyone pick up the Aliens Collector edition, read the reviews and decided to return it? I am going to contact amazon about the return and hopefully I dont eat to much money on return shipping.

Had mine pre-ordered at BB 4 months ago, went yesterday to pick up with receipt in hand and they "have no record of my order". First time this ever happened so I was shocked, they are trying to locate one from another source to fulfill my order and said I could pick up the regular and return it opened toward the collectors once they had it. I didn't cause too much a scene as I already saw the reviews and wasn't heart broken, will pick it later once its cheap just for my collection.

#3732 Kikyou1

Kikyou1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:29 AM

That The last of us statue is looking pretty awesome but I can't do $160.

smudgingtest1t_zps0bb98303.png
Icon by Kikyou1, Signature by Kikyou1

#3733 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:45 AM

Anyone pick up the Aliens Collector edition, read the reviews and decided to return it? I am going to contact amazon about the return and hopefully I dont eat to much money on return shipping.

yep i cancelled my newegg orders partly due to being broke, partly the backlog and a good old fashioned to hell with ill get this game at the 20 dollar or less price that its bound to hit.

#3734 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

Last of Us delay is now confirmed. http://www.joystiq.c...e-14-worldwide/

#3735 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

Last of Us delay is now confirmed. http://www.joystiq.c...e-14-worldwide/

Yeah...dammit. Like everyone always says though as long as they're actually doing it to make the game better, fine I guess. Pretty interesting to see a Friday release.

#3736 Robert Conley

Robert Conley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:54 AM

So anyone think that the Metal Gear Rising Collector's Edition will drop below $100 anytime after its release? Less than a week to the release of it and it's still up for pre-order from more than one source.

#3737 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:35 AM

So anyone think that the Metal Gear Rising Collector's Edition will drop below $100 anytime after its release? Less than a week to the release of it and it's still up for pre-order from more than one source.

Out of curiosity how many sources still have it up for preorder?

Edit: nevermind I swore I remembered reading it was a GS/AZ exclusive... guess not as it is available from many other stores.

#3738 RainFall

RainFall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:35 AM

Out of curiosity how many sources still have it up for preorder?

Don't all of them?

#3739 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:42 AM

3 reviews for metal gear rising. All european sources (I saw it on another forum). All in the 90s.

And the forum is gamefaqs. Drops and weeps ;_;

#3740 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:46 AM

Don't all of them?

I was trying to be a smartass and I failed. I thought it was an Amazon / Gamestop exclusive. Thankfully I took a moment to research it for myself.

In case you guys haven't noticed most stores no longer stock CE's unless they are leftover preorders or AAA titles. Not sure MGR qualifies as AAA but we'll see.

Either way I don't expect their to be a lot of these in store. Doesn't mean the online (warehouse) copies won't hit clearance but I don't think these will hit the magical BB / Target in store clearance cycle.

To strengthen my point I can't imagine that the Aliens CE was overly popular and yet I didn't see it in any stores (I checked a half dozen while running errands) except for GS who had a lone preorder that was being held and yet I bet their are tons still in warehouses somewhere.

I expect this trend to continue.

#3741 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

In 2011 ($59.99).

I believe the lowest it went was at Target clearance for $35.xx (I bought one).

They are on clearance at TRU and you may still be able to find one for $60 or less. The last time I checked they were 79.99.

#3742 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

I believe the lowest it went was at Target clearance for $35.xx (I bought one).

They are on clearance at TRU and you may still be able to find one for $60 or less. The last time I checked they were 79.99.

Lowest price was a pricing error at gamestop for 19.99. I got a copy in store for that, and some others here did as well. Only lasted a day though before gamestop put out the memo to not sell it for that.

#3743 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

unboxing video of metal gear rising: vengence, it only shows the steelbook, artbook (maybe the one you get from preordering at gamestop?) and the game,

#3744 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

Getting pissed that they won't show the lamp.

#3745 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

Best buy now has last of us survival edition for pre-order.

#3746 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

Getting pissed that they won't show the lamp.

the copy in the video is just a reviewers version of the game, with some extra stuff from konami

#3747 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:38 AM

Lowest price was a pricing error at gamestop for 19.99. I got a copy in store for that, and some others here did as well. Only lasted a day though before gamestop put out the memo to not sell it for that.

Crap I missed that one!

#3748 k20em1

k20em1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:35 AM

The Injustice CE is up at BB if anyone is interested in the U.S. version. I'm going this route so I don't have to deal with international shipping/ box art language.

#3749 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

Has anyone found a place that ships the UK version of Injustice? Is amazon.uk still not shipping it here?

#3750 GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza

Hangin Tough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

The Injustice CE is up at BB if anyone is interested in the U.S. version. I'm going this route so I don't have to deal with international shipping/ box art language.

its on amazon as well unless im mising something here.
Posted Image