Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5516 replies to this topic

#31 dchrisd

dchrisd

Vamanos Pest!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:17 PM

Nice thread, can't wait for Duke Nukem!

Ha, ha. Like THAT's ever coming out. Get over man, like Anderson Cooper, Duke Nukem is never coming out.

#32 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:40 PM

Yeah good idea to have all the LE/CE in one place, cant wait for the Gears 3 and LA Noire CE

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#33 Sharp Katana

Sharp Katana

Chillin like a villain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:18 AM

Duke nukem is already sold out on amazon??

9unm.png

credits to Lilchiji

#34 sdclippers

sdclippers

The Sinister Kid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 01:27 AM

That Socom bundle is enticing.
My next girl better be nothing like my ex girl.

#35 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 01:27 AM

Duke nukem is already sold out on amazon??

yeah it's odd. The prices from the marketplace are pretty insane too (though I'm sure no one is actually biting). I wonder if it'll be rare.

#36 Donkey132

Donkey132

OldSchool

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 01:55 AM

They can skip the statue in that packaging and just give us the steelbook from it.

you mean you DON'T want a pregnant glow in the dark statue?

#37 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:23 AM

you mean you DON'T want a pregnant glow in the dark statue?

I agree. I don't know about you, but I would love to constantly be reminded of my in-game rape and the resulting baby, even as I try to sleep (good call on the glow-in-the-dark).

#38 Rave Child

Rave Child

Castanets!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:38 AM

Great thread idea! I'm not interested in any of these currently, but I do love CE games, so it's nice to have a compilation of info about them.
My Guide Trade List

Follow me on Twitter!

I am looking for the following items and will pay good money for them:
Suikoden II jewel case and manual:hot::hot::hot::hot:

Posted Image

#39 Brenex

Brenex

Cobra Commander

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:00 AM

Great thread idea! I'm not interested in any of these currently, but I do love CE games, so it's nice to have a compilation of info about them.

I know, same here. I've become such a w**re for them recently. Trying to get my hands on New Vegas for cheap and am considering getting Dead Space 2 CE since I recently acquired the rest of the dead space universe items (comics, minigames etc.) After paying retail for Bioshock 2 CE though I do hesitate paying MSRP on release day. These things are so rarely limited collector's items it's not even funny anymore. Although Duke Nukem coming with numbered certificates points to it being a pretty limited run and I do love CE's that come with real objects and not just DLC content (damn you DA:O CE!)
Posted Image

#40 Donkey132

Donkey132

OldSchool

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:38 AM

I know, same here. I've become such a w**re for them recently. Trying to get my hands on New Vegas for cheap and am considering getting Dead Space 2 CE since I recently acquired the rest of the dead space universe items (comics, minigames etc.) After paying retail for Bioshock 2 CE though I do hesitate paying MSRP on release day. These things are so rarely limited collector's items it's not even funny anymore. Although Duke Nukem coming with numbered certificates points to it being a pretty limited run and I do love CE's that come with real objects and not just DLC content (damn you DA:O CE!)

I'm the same way. I don't usually buy CE on release day, but I will be buying ME3 CE at release. Still kicking myself for not buying 1 and 2 right away.

#41 Brenex

Brenex

Cobra Commander

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:42 AM

I'm with you on that, ME is my favorite series so that will be a day one purchase. Then again these do hold value. Hell, the only reason I didn't think about getting the first is because I got the vanilla copy a week and a half before release from Kmart. Always thought it was funny beating the game before it even came out :lol: Here's hoping bioware goes out with a bang for the next CE!
Posted Image

#42 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:45 AM

Yeah, I never owned LEs (aside from the Doom 3 LE I got with my pre-owned Xbox 180), but I picked a Halo 3 Limited off GoHastings since I needed the game, and I just picked up MvC3 CE @ launch and BS: Epic is tomorrow. ;_; Not to mention I have a SMAS pre-order in @ Amazon.

Edit: And a pre-owned MUA 1: PH.. and a new Batman: AA GotY (though that's not really limited). I'm usually anal about getting Greatest Hits/Player's Choice/Platinum Hits, though.

Edit 2: And I'm fighting picking up a BioShock2 LE from GS. ;_;

Edited by BobbyTastic, 26 February 2011 - 04:05 AM.

#43 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:49 AM

I'm getting the MK KE fo sho.. Looks sexy.. This year feels like an epic year for games.. Literally! Compared to last year! Dragon age 2, skyrim, mass effect 3, and NGP!!!!!!!

#44 Fatbot3

Fatbot3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:52 AM

I support this simply because I intend to list CEs that are on sale in here rather than deal with the inevitable "the extra stuff isn't worth it".

I feel us CE lovers can have a little corner to hide in since it's apparently so foolish to get them as a CAGer.

I collect CE's and usually wait till they are about 50% off. I have to admit though, I'm somewhat alarmed by the recent trend of the $100 "comes with (cheap) statue" editions. I'd like artbook and other stuff but don't really have the space for the plastic.

#45 Brenex

Brenex

Cobra Commander

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:59 AM

Come now, the Fallout 3 bobble head (and lunchbox) is hands down the best CE I have ever bought! Although that duke statue in my room would probably haunt me as I fall asleep
Posted Image

#46 lionheart4life

lionheart4life

The Human Suplex Machine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:07 AM

I hope Duke Nukem Forever kicks ass. Looks like it comes with a lot of extras. Can't wait til these are all $20.
Posted Image

#47 steve nash

steve nash

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:14 AM

Welcome to msrp-ass gamer :/

#48 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:14 AM

I am a ce whore LOL My only complaint lately is I prefer content over a super voucher. The voucher seems a cheesy way to cut down physical content are there expiration dates on vouchers?

#49 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:32 AM

I am a ce whore LOL My only complaint lately is I prefer content over a super voucher. The voucher seems a cheesy way to cut down physical content are there expiration dates on vouchers?

Not to my knowledge, unless they "run out of codes" like CoD 4: GotY did.

But yeah, I hate vouchers, I was ranting about it when the GoW Triple Pack came with a voucher instead of disc-content. It's a load of profit-generating crap (similar to EA's online pass, but I'd say even less justified), and we all know it.

#50 EDiTOR9

EDiTOR9

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:54 AM

I hope Duke Nukem Forever kicks ass. Looks like it comes with a lot of extras. Can't wait til these are all $20.

The Duke Nukem CE was originally limited to 2,000 all around (PS3, X360 & PC combined ) however I read that they're making "a few" more and it's supposed to be limited as they will all be numbered.

#51 elmetfano

elmetfano

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:35 AM

good thread!
that socom bundle is tempting i'll def have to think about it

#52 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:41 AM

i want the socom 4 + move controller + sharp shooter, but not the complete bundle, sigh...

#53 tossin

tossin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:45 AM

So is this thread really going to compile every Collector's Edition as they come out, or just upcoming ones?

#54 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:57 AM

didn't you just came out of the closet?

#55 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:58 AM

i want the socom 4 + move controller + sharp shooter, but not the complete bundle, sigh...

That would be about the same price as the bundle....

#56 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:03 AM

close enough, $10 more gets you complete bundle. hmm...

#57 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:05 AM

close enough, $10 more gets you complete bundle. hmm...

You could always sell the nav controller and PS eye. Make what? 40-50 bucks?

#58 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:11 AM

I'm in full support of this thread. I love me some CEs, even though I'm a CAG.

#59 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:31 AM

So is this thread really going to compile every Collector's Edition as they come out, or just upcoming ones?

Mainly upcoming ones, but I will archive every one I post going forward in the second post after they've been released.

#60 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:25 AM

I don't understand why the Tournament edition of MK doesn't have the statues and the art book that the Kollectors edition has. You would think it would have all that and the fightstick as it seems to be the top tier version of the game.

You're essentially getting a fight stick and DLC for $100 so throwing in the statues in terms of value probably wouldn't make sense from the manufacturer side.

Now playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Titanfall