Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5516 replies to this topic

#811 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:19 PM

Yeah, it's a really slow day. :\

#812 Mafoofoo

Mafoofoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:02 PM

Man Amazon still doesn't have it up for pre-order. That sucks.

#813 triforce9

triforce9

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:10 PM

Man Amazon still doesn't have it up for pre-order. That sucks.

If you're referring to the Skyward Sword bundle, it was actually available for pre-order earlier (I snagged one about 15 minutes ago), but it seems to be unavailable now.

#814 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:47 PM

http://www.amazon.co..._tw_s_vg_lqrblf

#815 NolbertoS

NolbertoS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:49 PM

http://www.amazon.co..._tw_s_vg_lqrblf

Thanks man..now if only Amazon would match GS's pre-order of Assassin's Creed Revelations CE (Yes I know it's not a true CE)
Circuit City shall burn in Hell

#816 Mafoofoo

Mafoofoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:03 PM

Thanks man..now if only Amazon would match GS's pre-order of Assassin's Creed Revelations CE (Yes I know it's not a true CE)

That's a gamestop exclusive.

#817 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2011 - 03:04 AM

I'm not sure if anyone already mentioned this but....

Skylander's Spyro's Adventure Starter pack:
http://www.amazon.co...14759724&sr=8-1

#818 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:33 AM

So I assume no one has pre ordered skyrims CE??

#819 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 31 August 2011 - 01:08 PM

The Zelda CE is really tempting but I already have four Wiimotes. Matching Nunchuck would have been nice since I don't have many of those. Now I really wish I didn't buy Flingsmash during last year's Black Friday.

Same here. I haven't actually even opened mine, because we didn't really need another wii remote then and there aren't any 3 or 4 player wii remote plus games that we play (we have two of the dongles already). Still, that gold LoZ remote sure is nifty. Sigh.
Posted Image

#820 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:10 PM

Yeah, for whatever reason GS has always had the only CE available ever since the second one. Ubi loves to shower the EU with awesome CE's for AC, but never brings them out here. Pretty stupid given the success of the franchise.

#821 erbaledge

erbaledge

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:41 PM

My son got some birthday money that's burning a hole in his picket.

He want's to order Batman Arkham City collectors edition for Xbox 360.

Can anyone answer these questions:
1) Opinion of best place to get it? (I told him Amazon due to no tax, free shipping, price drop guarantee, but he's looking at the bonus items)
2) Is there a deal out there for this? I know now it's basically $99.99 most places.
3) Do you think the price will drop closer to release date? Will the price drop after release date?

Thanks!!!

Edited by erbaledge, 07 September 2011 - 01:06 AM.

#822 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:53 PM

My son got some birthday money that's burning a hole in his picket.

He want's to order Batman Arkham City for Xbox 360.

Can anyone answer these questions:
1) Opinion of best place to get it? (I told him Amazon due to no tax, free shipping, price drop guarantee, but he's looking at the bonus items)
2) Is there a deal out there for this? I know now it's basically $99.99 most places.
3) Do you think the price will drop closer to release date? Will the price drop after release date?

Thanks!!!

I say Amazon due to no tax and free shipping.UNLESS u are going to preorder more games Best Buy had a 5 orders get $100 card. U miss out on the Batman CE that was on Amazon for $60 awhile back.

#823 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:12 PM

whoa, the Skyrim CE box is massive

Posted Image

via: http://www.bethblog....ze-of-that-box/

#824 GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza

Hangin Tough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 04:47 AM

Anyone have or know of THQ promo codes? Was considering ordering space marine but 100 bucks is brutal.

Also what gives with forza ce selling out on amazon?
Posted Image

#825 jj5206

jj5206

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:06 AM

So I assume no one has pre ordered skyrims CE??

I have it pre-ordered for 360. Oblivion is my favorite game and I spent so much time in it that I thought if I get into Skyrim like I did Oblivion it will definitely be worth the money...

#826 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:19 PM

whoa thats one really nice box cover.

#827 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:46 PM

whoa, the Skyrim CE box is massive

Massively overpriced IMO. I can easily see this being the next Halo Legendary edition. I'd take the art book, but the statue screams of meh.

#828 GreenSpark

GreenSpark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 02:26 PM

Massively overpriced IMO. I can easily see this being the next Halo Legendary edition. I'd take the art book, but the statue screams of meh.

I sure hope this comes to fruition, as I'm sick of seeing these things drop the next month after I've paid full price! I cancelled all my pre-orders on any LE/CE/SE for the remainder of the year for that fact alone (except for GoW 3 EE w/ Lancer and Atelier Totori from NIS store) and plan on taking my chances waiting them out for the eventual drops. Each time I see that thread on the front page for the Dead Rising 2 CE for $20 when I paid $80+tax or the Mortal Kombat CE for $45 when I paid $100 +tax both @ Gamestop, I want to cry:cry:

#829 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 02:58 PM

Lol well I already have skyrim ce preordered. I know I won't rrgret that in the future

#830 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:06 PM

It's a little overpriced, but I'd say that art book alone is worth about $35-40 (if not more), and the statue about $30 as well. If they had thrown in some DLC or anything extra (the map and "making of" DVD doesn't count) I think people would embrace it better. A Steelbook case for instance would have been sweet

#831 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:19 PM

I sure hope this comes to fruition, as I'm sick of seeing these things drop the next month after I've paid full price! I cancelled all my pre-orders on any LE/CE/SE for the remainder of the year for that fact alone (except for GoW 3 EE w/ Lancer and Atelier Totori from NIS store) and plan on taking my chances waiting them out for the eventual drops. Each time I see that thread on the front page for the Dead Rising 2 CE for $20 when I paid $80+tax or the Mortal Kombat CE for $45 when I paid $100 +tax both @ Gamestop, I want to cry:cry:

Same here. Feels like these days every game come out is a LE/CE that is not really rare LE. Its just a way to make extra money.

Why did u purchase games at Gamestop? U do know the employees get to play the new releases a week early and still sell as new

#832 GreenSpark

GreenSpark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:30 PM

Why did u purchase games at Gamestop? U do know the employees get to play the new releases a week early and still sell as new

Lol, yes I'm quite aware of the shady practices going on at Gamestop8-) But I've been using the same Gamestop for the last 3 years, so I have a great relationship with the staff at the store and each time they hire new peeps, the other guys make sure to fill them in on my "obsessiveness with the seals" and never to ask me about anything "used". I always get the mintiest, best sealed copy available out the box, which is why I have no problems shopping there for new games only.

#833 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:36 PM

Lol, yes I'm quite aware of the shady practices going on at Gamestop8-) But I've been using the same Gamestop for the last 3 years, so I have a great relationship with the staff at the store and each time they hire new peeps, the other guys make sure to fill them in on my "obsessiveness with the seals" and never to ask me about anything "used". I always get the mintiest, best sealed copy available out the box, which is why I have no problems shopping there for new games only.

Thats nice. do u know anything about the MK collector bookends? Do they break easy, etc. ?

#834 Burning Karma

Burning Karma

Shepherd of Fire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 01:13 AM

Thats nice. do u know anything about the MK collector bookends? Do they break easy, etc. ?

They seem fairly sturdy. I mean, I don't take mine down and play with them or anything; they just sit on the shelf behind my TV. Look pretty cool. :D

#835 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 01:26 AM

Wow that is a big ass box which = big ass discounts when nobody is buying these and the stores need to make some room.

Like ssj said if they had just included some exclusive DLC it would have been fine at $150. Exclusive Skyrim DLC = $$$ on ebay which would have had me and I'm sure others buying it.

#836 Fatbot3

Fatbot3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 03:29 AM

So as far as I can tell, Space Marine CE is exclusive to THQ.Com. This would lead me to think it would actually be pretty limited and rare but it's also a 100 bucks which is pretty overpriced considering it's contents.

Even then I would be more tempted but I noticed the Dead Rising High Stakes CE is actually being clearanced at 59.99 on the Capcom Store and was also an exclusive CE.

Anyone have an opinion on whether this thing is actually worth the "MSRP"?

#837 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 03:50 AM

Wow, this is one of the best threads ever. Pics and everything.

Okay... now I have to get the Assassin's Creed Revelations Signature edition and Mass Effect 3 Definitive Edition... my wallet hates you.

#838 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 03:53 AM

Wow that is a big ass box which = big ass discounts when nobody is buying these and the stores need to make some room.

You'd think so, but there are still $150 boxes of Band Hero in damn near every store. And Walmart waited nearly a year to drop the price on the Arkham Asylum CE's taking up the shelves of four games.

#839 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:22 PM

Cleaned up the first post a bit, added some links to related threads including the newest CE Game guide thread. Added the MW3 hardened edition as well as that Back to the Future deluxe edition.

#840 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:32 PM

Two things: Dark Souls can be moved up since it's coming 10/4 (update release too) and for your graveyard post, you can use customspoiler=MONTH tags if you want to clean that up plus remove red font from it all.