Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5516 replies to this topic

#1051 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 27 October 2011 - 04:32 PM

OK, I got tired of breaking my mousewheel on this thread so new format is live! Hope you guys like it, if not Fuck you. :P

#1052 GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza

Hangin Tough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 04:38 PM

What is going on now, its like Bizzarro world! First Forza 4 Limited comes out and there isn't even enough copies to cover pre orders. Now the biggest release in history, COD Modern Warfare 3 is coming, and the hardened edition is sold out everywhere it appears. How can this be when they are trying to promote this new 'elite' system and previous editions, R/C car and goggles, you tripped over at retail for months.
Posted Image

#1053 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 04:59 PM

Is it sad that I am really tempted by the Diable real world money auction houses?

Yes I know I'm evil, but late in WoWs life I made a part time job out of selling items/gold from WoW. Ended up finding a way to make about $12-$15 per hour, which isn't the best but I could do the work whenever I wanted.

Wonder how this will translate in D3.

And before purists get on me for ruining the game. I literally as close to addicted as a person. I grinded out Grand Marshal back when we had a team of people 10+ people that HAD to stay on for 12+ hours a day or else botters/sharers would surpass us on durotan. So I put in my dues. Luckily I cashed them in before it really started to go downhill.

I now have interest in D3. Man... You think I would learn from World of Warcrack

#1054 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 05:08 PM

What is going on now, its like Bizzarro world! First Forza 4 Limited comes out and there isn't even enough copies to cover pre orders. Now the biggest release in history, COD Modern Warfare 3 is coming, and the hardened edition is sold out everywhere it appears. How can this be when they are trying to promote this new 'elite' system and previous editions, R/C car and goggles, you tripped over at retail for months.

Because they were "losing" money by selling the hardened edition because of the elite pass. This marketing is great. First you get a round of people in the elite. They want to level up their clan as fast as possible so they recruit friends that have to buy the elite.

Also it creates a base of elite players and those that buy CoD will see all the perks that the elite players have and be "convinced" to buy it.

#1055 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:23 PM

OK, I got tired of breaking my mousewheel on this thread so new format is live! Hope you guys like it, if not Fuck you. :P

Don't really like the change personally. I thought the small thumbnails fit fine for the covers of CE guides, but with CE's for games, I think it's more fitting to have larger pictures displaying to see all that's included. I realize you can zoom into each thumbnail to see them larger but that's an extra step, and I don't really feel like it reduced scrolling that much. Plus it now kind of looks like a big wall of text which makes it look boring to look at. I also don't like having all the thumbnails in the corner, it looks kind of odd on my monitor

That's just my opinion though and I did make it a wiki so that it could be restructured if desired. If others also like the new format then by all means let's keep it this way.

#1056 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:35 PM

Don't really like the change personally. I thought the small thumbnails fit fine for the covers of CE guides, but with CE's for games, I think it's more fitting to have larger pictures displaying to see all that's included. I realize you can zoom into each thumbnail to see them larger but that's an extra step, and I don't really feel like it reduced scrolling that much. Plus it now kind of looks like a big wall of text which makes it look boring to look at. I also don't like having all the thumbnails in the corner, it looks kind of odd on my monitor

That's just my opinion though and I did make it a wiki so that it could be restructured if desired. If others also like the new format then by all means let's keep it this way.

Yeah, lets work on it because the old style is really obtrusive. The pictures can go wherever so left-justified is easily doable; I just figured it looks neater with them to the right. It's not my thread and not a huge waste if people don't like it, so just revert the changes if that's the case. If you do that, I'd recommend using the existing template and just pasting the pictures back in because there was a lot of consistency issues where stuff wasn't bold or spacing was off.

One thing I do agree on is the pictures should be the highlight and not spoilered or anything like that. Maybe the special features should be?

#1057 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:54 PM

SSJ, that actually looks badass and I have a great idea. Give me a min and I'll try this out.

#1058 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:57 PM

Yeah, lets work on it because the old style is really obtrusive. The pictures can go wherever so left-justified is easily doable; I just figured it looks neater with them to the right. It's not my thread and not a huge waste if people don't like it, so just revert the changes if that's the case. If you do that, I'd recommend using the existing template and just pasting the pictures back in because there was a lot of consistency issues where stuff wasn't bold or spacing was off.

One thing I do agree on is the pictures should be the highlight and not spoilered or anything like that. Maybe the special features should be?

I don't really consider this my thread either, it's more of a community thing so I do appreciate your formatting changes and it's one of the reasons I made the thread a wiki.

I was playing around with the format a little and I think it looks better to me with the thumbnails on the left side. It just seems more in line with the descriptions, instead of having them float out there on the right, and it breaks up the text a little more.

I don't want to make any conclusive decisions though, so I'd really like it if others chimed in with their say

edit: noticed you posted while I was typing this lol

#1059 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:58 PM

Ugh, if I could count on the picture being the same size every time then what I tried looked pretty sweet. Otherwise it might be a chore to format each time because of spacing. OK, I'm going to try reverting back to fullscale pics again but format the includes better. I think this will be the definitive version that is a crowd-pleaser.

#1060 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:01 PM

Any particular size? I'd be up for resizing any future pics added to the desired size (if possible)

#1061 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:40 PM

Nah, that's just more effort than it's worth.

OK, so it still runs long this way but at least browsing is much more enjoyable IMO. Think we have a winner?

#1062 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:48 PM

Yeah that works for me, thanks for spending time on it. Do feel free to reformat anything in the future if it does get to be too much, I just want something we can all agree on.

#1063 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:54 PM

Yeah that works for me, thanks for spending time on it. Do feel free to reformat anything in the future if it does get to be too much, I just want something we can all agree on.

For sure. I did have a wicked sick looking format where the tiny picture sat to the left of all the details, but every time you open the list. . .it just wasn't going to work out. That and because the pictures vary in size meant you had to add more return lines between each and because people have different browsers it would get messy. This is the best I could come up with while being clean cut and I think it looks great.

#1064 Lawyers Guns N Money

Lawyers Guns N Money

Nobody from Nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:03 PM

Jumped on the DIII CE from amazon as soon as it was available. Although I'm thinking about pre-ordering it at GameStop instead (the horror!) because I have some gift cards. I've just never preordered a CE in-store at GS, and I'm a little worried it'll be all damaged or something. (IE: What those bastards did with Deus Ex:HR)

#1065 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:41 AM

just noticed the SfXtekken in my goldbox.. think im gonna pass though. Looking it over it doesn't have anything worth a damn.. If the comic book was an artbook it may be worth it but it looks like you get a comic book, some really cheap looking coin bank (wtf?) and some lame DLC.. or 'gems' I need to look up info on this game, the bit ive read on the gem system sounds really stupid. Hopefully the Tekken X streetfighter game is better.

Maybe we'll see this thing for like 17 bucks at target in a few months like marvel vs capcom was

#1066 ItsaMeMario

ItsaMeMario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:05 AM

someone stop me from pre-ordering the uncharted 3 CE... i completely forgot it was coming out on tuesday

#1067 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:26 PM

someone stop me from pre-ordering the uncharted 3 CE... i completely forgot it was coming out on tuesday

Let me stop you :)

#1 It's $100!
#2 It will be discounted soon enought, the CE that is...
#3 Just get the regular edition and have fun! That's what I'm going to do... I can't buy all of the CE/LE, MSG HD Collection already killed $180 :-( (Zavvi's LE is $98 and US version of the LE is $80)

#1068 ItzTitoYo

ItzTitoYo

dabingbadaboom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:23 PM

I just cancelled my Uncharted 3 CE. I'll wait for the price drop on this one. Hopefully it doesn't go the way of Batman Arkham City which seems to be sold out everywhere for the Ps3. I've also been waiting for a restock on MW3 Hardened Editions, but none yet. Wonder if LE/CE are finally being created in limited quantities.

#1069 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:41 PM

#1 It's $100!
#3 Just get the regular edition and have fun! That's what I'm going to do... I can't buy all of the CE/LE, MSG HD Collection already killed $180 :-( (Zavvi's LE is $98 and US version of the LE is $80)

^This

No more Sony. No more. Already got burned on Killzone 3 Helghast (and I even bought that POS when it was price dropped) and really took it up the ass on the inFamous 2 Hero Edition. :bomb:

I am going to wait for UC3 to drop. :D

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#1070 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:30 PM

I think UC3 will take a little longer to drop since t's Uncharted and will likely sell much better than those games did. I think most CE's do drop in price however, I wouldn't consider that a Sony thing. On the other hand, some CE's that Sony has put out have become much harder to find including LBP2's CE and GT5's.

Personally I don't care for the UC3 CE. I like the box it comes in but really have no need or space for it. I definitely don't need the drake statue, or buckle. Really, I just want the Steelbook and nothing else :D

#1071 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:47 PM

There should have been a $70 SB edition TBH. Now they get nothing extra from me instead.

#1072 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:04 PM

Anyone else snagging the Fate/Extra CE?

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#1073 ItsaMeMario

ItsaMeMario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:15 PM

#1 It's $100!

LOL thanks, i will let this one pass

dang, $180?

i think the most i ever spent on a brand new game was $150 for the ace combat flight stick bundle for 360 a few years ago... and i haven't even opened it yet, haha

#1074 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:59 PM

Anyone else snagging the Fate/Extra CE?

I am, but that's just cause I'm a whore for CEs.

#1075 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:20 PM

Added Jurassic Park: The Game Deluxe PC edition. They're shipping it in time for the holidays but you'll have access to the digital version as soon as it's released. Pretty nice extras too!

Jurassic Park: The Game - Deluxe Edition (PC)

Posted Image

Includes:
  • All four episodes of Jurassic Park: The Game on disc for PC and Mac
  • Replica InGen staff ID badge as seen in the movie and the game
  • Replica of movie Brochure/Map, updated to include game content
  • Replica of Jurassic Park patch as worn on staff uniforms
  • InGen Field Guide: 32 Pages of content welcoming you to Jurassic Park
  • Exclusive Limited Edition packaging
  • Access to exclusive digital content including the game soundtrack and behind the scenes video

Release: Digital version (included with purchase): 11/15, Physical Deluxe edition ships "in time for the Holidays"
Price: $39.99
Where to Buy: Telltale Games

#1076 Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:26 PM

Like someone else said. If you held onto your code from early preorders of Jurassic park that got cancelled you can score the CE for 15 bucks.

#1077 HakaHina

HakaHina

Glasses God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:45 PM

I think UC3 will take a little longer to drop since t's Uncharted and will likely sell much better than those games did. I think most CE's do drop in price however, I wouldn't consider that a Sony thing. On the other hand, some CE's that Sony has put out have become much harder to find including LBP2's CE and GT5's.

Personally I don't care for the UC3 CE. I like the box it comes in but really have no need or space for it. I definitely don't need the drake statue, or buckle. Really, I just want the Steelbook and nothing else :D

Yeah, the problem for me is not waiting for a drop, but knowing when to get a CE/LE before they thin out (meaning a much higher price in the long run, and less chance for me getting it). I regret more when I don't get a CE than when I pay too much for a CE
Posted Image

#1078 Borellius

Borellius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:07 AM

I wish there was a store that would sell only the special tin cases. That's all i really want. I could care less for the dlc or artbook. Like , Say i bought a regular edition batman: ac, just go to lets say a website and just order the steelbook from there. No game just cases. Maybe I should start my own company that sells these things. Order about 5k cases of each game or movie that comes out. And sell them for about 5 to 10 bucks a pop, i think it would be pretty cool.

#1079 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:26 AM

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City [Special Edition]

Posted Image

Features

• Pre-order the Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Special Edition and receive the U.S.S. Costume Pack which includes six alternate costumes, including one for Vector, Lupo, Bertha, Spectre, Four Eyes and Beltway
  • Special Edition includes the Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City game, SteelBook case with exclusive art, a stylized foil sleeve, Umbrella Security Service patch, Spec Ops Field Unit embroidered patch and eight bonus weapons
  • Take on the role of an Umbrella Security Service soldier as you enter Raccoon City to destroy the evidence of a deadly T-virus outbreak and eliminate any survivors
  • Fight alongside other soldiers in this third-person team-based shooter set within the dark and creepy Resident Evil universe
  • Battle against a team of elite soldiers dispatched by the U.S. government as well as terrifying zombies and Bio-Organic Weapons (B.O.W.s) in adrenaline-pumping action
  • Compete alone in Campaign mode or enlist the assistance of up to three other players in four-player co-op team battles
  • Prepare for a distinct combat experience that breaks the norms of traditional team-based shooters in online multiplayer modes that let you clash with the Umbrella Security Service, U.S. Special Ops and the threat of zombies and B.O.W.s
  • Rewrite the events surrounding the Raccoon City outbreak by destroying all evidence of Umbrella's involvement and uncovering UBCS operative Nicholai Ginovaef's true intentions
  • Encounter memorable Resident Evil enemies, iconic landmarks and characters, including Leon S. Kennedy and Hunk
  • Become engaged in the terrifying and thrilling action with the ominous setting of the Resident Evil universe
  • Take the combat online in multiplayer modes that feature unique three-corner combat between the Umbrella Security Service, U.S. Special Ops and the threat of zombies and B.O.W.s
  • For 1 to 4 players

Best Buy - PS3 - Xbox 360

Price: $69.99
Release Date: 3/20/12

#1080 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:24 AM

SSJ, I edited the Fate PSP game with Gamestop online exclusive for the 15 pages Visual Art booklet.

Fate/Extra Limited Edition (PSP)

http://img14.imagesh...4/180/fateq.jpg

Includes
:

• Special 15-page Fate Visual Works art booket (Gamestop online exclusive)
  • 11 song Limited Soundtrack

Release: 11/01/11
Price: $39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop