Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5516 replies to this topic

#1081 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:36 AM

I think UC3 will take a little longer to drop since t's Uncharted and will likely sell much better than those games did. I think most CE's do drop in price however, I wouldn't consider that a Sony thing. On the other hand, some CE's that Sony has put out have become much harder to find including LBP2's CE and GT5's.

Personally I don't care for the UC3 CE. I like the box it comes in but really have no need or space for it. I definitely don't need the drake statue, or buckle. Really, I just want the Steelbook and nothing else :D

Amen... I'm going to wait for a price drop on this CE, by then I should have finish playing the game.

#1082 ItsaMeMario

ItsaMeMario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:37 AM

i wish the jurassic park CE was available through Amazon or B&R retailers... i really don't want to register for another web site just to buy this

#1083 iwannadie

iwannadie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:37 AM

This may have been asked, but what are the chances based on previous games that amazon will offer the same game credit for the mass effect CE that it has for the regular edition? I want the CE but it sucks they don't offer the $10 credit like the regular edition.
Posted Image

#1084 HakaHina

HakaHina

Glasses God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:19 AM

This may have been asked, but what are the chances based on previous games that amazon will offer the same game credit for the mass effect CE that it has for the regular edition? I want the CE but it sucks they don't offer the $10 credit like the regular edition.

They usually don't offer credit bonuses to the CEs
Posted Image

#1085 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:36 AM

Whats going on with the Fate/LE? amazon shows it back ordered for some reason... havent got a shipping notice for my GS order either. Amazon shows its backordered up to 3 months o_O did anyone actualy get a shipping notice or is it delayed?

#1086 xXJonoXx

xXJonoXx

Resident Che(vil)ap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:28 PM

That Jurassic Park CE is exactly what I want. Bought instantly.

#1087 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:02 PM

There's no JP CEs for the consoles?

#1088 xXJonoXx

xXJonoXx

Resident Che(vil)ap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:27 PM

Anyone know if there is a way to get discounted shipping at Telltale Games store? $9 shipping seems a little high for one game.

#1089 sabanoo

sabanoo

I like pie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:09 PM

There's no JP CEs for the consoles?

As far as I know Telltale has never done a CE for any of their console versions. They've all been for the PC.

#1090 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:12 PM

Whats going on with the Fate/LE? amazon shows it back ordered for some reason... havent got a shipping notice for my GS order either. Amazon shows its backordered up to 3 months o_O did anyone actualy get a shipping notice or is it delayed?

my GS copies shipped yesterday.

#1091 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:20 PM

SSJ, I edited the Fate PSP game with Gamestop online exclusive for the 15 pages Visual Art booklet.

Fate/Extra Limited Edition (PSP)

http://img14.imagesh...4/180/fateq.jpg

Includes
:

• Special 15-page Fate Visual Works art booket (Gamestop online exclusive)
  • 11 song Limited Soundtrack

Release: 11/01/11
Price: $39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

The Visual Works art booklet isn't a GS exclusive, it's at every retailer. You can see it in the pic at amazon (the red booklet):

Posted Image

The GS exclusive is for a different booklet titled "Fate/ The Fact". That's different from the Visual Works booklet and looks like this:

Spoiler

#1092 ItzTitoYo

ItzTitoYo

dabingbadaboom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:15 PM

As far as I know Telltale has never done a CE for any of their console versions. They've all been for the PC.

If this is true then I'm buying this game solely to support the developers even if I don't get around to playing the game. I'm all about developers who give an edge to the PC community in an already console saturated gaming market. :applause:

#1093 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:16 PM

I was debating pre-ordering Fate LE on GS Sunday night, waited, and they stopped taking pre-orders for it on Monday. No booklet for me :(

I guess there's stock issues everywhere though, gg. Shouldn't have hesitated!

Defynorz.pngPringerOtaku.png
Add me on PSN for co-op or anything

League of Legends: Defyn

#1094 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:17 PM

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City [Special Edition]

Posted Image

Best Buy - PS3 - Xbox 360

Price: $69.99
Release Date: 3/20/12

Thanks, added to the op

#1095 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:26 PM

Skyrim CE Unboxing by IGN. The Art book looks nice, but I thought the statue would be of better quality than that (particularly that light plastic base). It appears to have the same map as the regular edition, which IGN says isn't cloth but "cloth-like"

#1096 Jbyrd117

Jbyrd117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:51 PM

How long do you guys think until the Skyrim CE will get a major price drop? I'm talking $60 or less.
Posted Image

#1097 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:55 PM

Definitely getting that Raccoon City SE for sure.

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#1098 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:20 PM

How long do you guys think until the Skyrim CE will get a major price drop? I'm talking $60 or less.

See ya next Christmas.

#1099 Fatbot3

Fatbot3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:20 PM

I would even pay 80 but since I only want the book its definitely too much right now. I havent seen an uber SE/CE become rare other than the crazy Crysis 2 one so hopefully it will go through a decent post holiday drop.

#1100 DarkonJohn

DarkonJohn

Growing backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:41 PM

It sounded like quantities were very limited, so I think the main reason they didn't sell out of stock during the preorders was that it was just way too expensive and many people didn't want/need the statue.

So if I had to guess, I think we'll see a price drop before the end of the year, but once it drops, it will probably sell out pretty quickly due to the limited number of copies. However, if the quantities are truly limited, I highly doubt it will drop to $60...since drops to $120 or $99 will probably clear out all stock.

I also think the stores will be motivated to clear these out of their inventory sooner rather than later because the size of the box is fairly large and prevents them from stocking other items.

Of course, that's mostly just guesswork.
3DS FC: 3652-0544-2057 (PM me with yours if you add me)
Posted Image

#1101 simplylemonade

simplylemonade

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:00 PM

Hey guys,

I'm thinking about buying MW3 Hardened Edition for collecting purposes (i.e. keepin' it sealed).

Two questions:
1) Is it a worthwhile collectible? I don't want to buy something that's gonna depreciate in value in a few months like Killzone 3 Helghast Edition.
2) Is the Xbox 360 edition or the PS3 edition more collectible? It seems like PS3 versions always end up being worth slightly more... more limited quantities?

Thanks!

#1102 Troutyogurt

Troutyogurt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:16 PM

Hey guys,

I'm thinking about buying MW3 Hardened Edition for collecting purposes (i.e. keepin' it sealed).

Two questions:
1) Is it a worthwhile collectible? I don't want to buy something that's gonna depreciate in value in a few months like Killzone 3 Helghast Edition.
2) Is the Xbox 360 edition or the PS3 edition more collectible? It seems like PS3 versions always end up being worth slightly more... more limited quantities?

Thanks!

Well its already sold out on Amazon, gamestop, bestbuy, and walmart. It may become very rare.

Troutyogurt.png487267.png

#1103 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:37 PM

The Visual Works art booklet isn't a GS exclusive, it's at every retailer. You can see it in the pic at amazon (the red booklet):

Posted Image

The GS exclusive is for a different booklet titled "Fate/ The Fact". That's different from the Visual Works booklet and looks like this:

Spoiler

You are correct, sorry! Yes, that's what I meant...

#1104 htown01

htown01

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:09 PM

I would even pay 80 but since I only want the book its definitely too much right now. I havent seen an uber SE/CE become rare other than the crazy Crysis 2 one so hopefully it will go through a decent post holiday drop.

Hey guys,

Two questions:

Thanks!

Well its already sold out on Amazon, gamestop, bestbuy, and walmart. It may become very rare.

Like Troutyogurt said, it's sold out everywhere. Good luck finding one though. You may still be able to pre-order in store...no?

#1105 Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:27 PM

When is amazon putting up preorders for RE ORC SE

#1106 ItsaMeMario

ItsaMeMario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:28 PM

lulz i can't believe modern warfare of all franchises is possibly gonna have a limited quantity CE

brb selling 10 million copies but making 5,000 hardened editions

#1107 xXJonoXx

xXJonoXx

Resident Che(vil)ap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:57 PM

When is amazon putting up preorders for RE ORC SE

Wondering the same.

Posted Image Posted Image

My 2011 Game of the Year - Batman: Arkham City
My Most Underrated Game of 2011 - Driver: San Francisco

#1108 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:11 PM

lulz i can't believe modern warfare of all franchises is possibly gonna have a limited quantity CE

brb selling 10 million copies but making 5,000 hardened editions

It's because instead of offering things like an RC car they are packaging an item they sell separately for $60 in it. That's the reason
I knew it would be a truly limited LE.

#1109 simplylemonade

simplylemonade

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:19 PM

Thanks for the replies. I'm gonna try my luck at Kmart, lol.

#1110 HakaHina

HakaHina

Glasses God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:50 AM

Just letting people know about this LE coming next year for the PSP

http://www.amazon.co...general_recs_97

Made by Aksys Games, gameplay very similar to visual novels like Tsukihime and Disgaea Infinite (wished there were more games like this in the US). Storyline is geared mainly towards women (and some men?) as you're a female protagonist surrounded by whole cast of male supporting characters in Edo Japan. Aksys hasn't given out details about the extras, but we can speculate that they will add items according to this survey, with artbook being top choice.

http://www.aksysgame...-on-siliconera/

More thorough description + screenshots

http://www.siliconer...om-in-february/

Sister mentioned this to me, seemed really excited about it >.>
Posted Image