Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5516 replies to this topic

#1111 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:01 PM

So... Amazon deleted their page for the Skyward Sword Bundle.

Defynorz.pngPringerOtaku.png
Add me on PSN for co-op or anything

League of Legends: Defyn

#1112 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:35 AM

Come on SE, give the USA a collectors edition of FF Xiii 2

#1113 vashtheowner

vashtheowner

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:37 AM

Come on SE, give the USA a collectors edition of FF Xiii 2

I really hope they do, I would pre order it as soon as I could lol.

#1114 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:07 PM

got my fate-extra LE from gamestop, wrapped in a nut-hugger envelope, smashed to the max. Taking to store for exchange. Whack.

#1115 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:24 PM

got my fate-extra LE from gamestop, wrapped in a nut-hugger envelope, smashed to the max. Taking to store for exchange. Whack.

Lol

#1116 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:38 PM

Fucking hell. I'm never preordering from Aksys again.

http://li.brari.us/fatestore

#1117 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:02 PM

Future Shop Exclusive (Canada Only)

Modern Warfare: Trilogy Collection G1 Steelbook

This bonus is free with your purchase of Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Web ID: 10170835). This bonus gift is not for sale. Not applicable to previous purchases and not to be purchased separately - any gifts ordered separately will be cancelled without any notice. While supplies last.

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Steelbook (XBOX 360) - Not Available For Purchase - $99.99

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (XBOX 360) - $59.99

#1118 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:56 PM

:ps3:MGS HD Collection is not available for pre-order anymore on Amazon.

Anyone else's estimated delivery date 11/14? The game comes out 11/8 and I have 2-day Prime...

#1119 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:04 AM

Fucking hell. I'm never preordering from Aksys again.

http://li.brari.us/fatestore

so wait, you can ge the fate fact book thing if you order direct through them? Why would that mean your not preordering through them, did they not offer the book for pre ordering?

I got a UPS missed delivery notice today. Must have been this game from my GS pre order i think

:ps3:MGS HD Collection is not available for pre-order anymore on Amazon.

Anyone else's estimated delivery date 11/14? The game comes out 11/8 and I have 2-day Prime...

wel.... shit. I was thinking of waiting but it looks like this may actually be rare. I wonder if i can still pre order at Gamestop or something like that. Are other places still taking orders or are we all just shit out of luck? *sigh* i hate having to gamble on what CE's will be rare and which you can just wait 4 months to drop in price. This is one i assumed would be cake to find later. It looks like the 360 version may be, but who the hell wants to play MGS on the 360

#1120 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:40 AM

so wait, you can ge the fate fact book thing if you order direct through them? Why would that mean your not preordering through them, did they not offer the book for pre ordering?

As in, I canceled my copy at Amazon, ordered from Gamestop because it was a Gamestop preorder exclusive, which was a blatant lie again. And like a slap in the face, it goes on their store before my preorder even arrives. Fuck that. Not preordering any of their games again.

#1121 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:12 AM

As in, I canceled my copy at Amazon, ordered from Gamestop because it was a Gamestop preorder exclusive, which was a blatant lie again. And like a slap in the face, it goes on their store before my preorder even arrives. Fuck that. Not preordering any of their games again.

Did Gamestop claim it was an exclusive or did Aksys?

#1122 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:23 AM

Did Gamestop claim it was an exclusive or did Aksys?

Both.

#1123 UltimateIdiot911

UltimateIdiot911

Have a nice tragedy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 04:51 AM

wel.... shit. I was thinking of waiting but it looks like this may actually be rare. I wonder if i can still pre order at Gamestop or something like that. Are other places still taking orders or are we all just shit out of luck? *sigh* i hate having to gamble on what CE's will be rare and which you can just wait 4 months to drop in price. This is one i assumed would be cake to find later. It looks like the 360 version may be, but who the hell wants to play MGS on the 360

GameStop is still taking pre-order but I've heard stories how GS sold more MGS4 LE than they have for stock. Also, this wouldn't be the first time that happen except in the past, MGS LE only have an initial print and that's it. So try your luck with GS.

The best way to figure out which will drop in price quick is to consider the words they use, the publisher's history with previous collector editions, the likely size of the audience and whatnot.

Niche games/small publisher like NISA means limited when they collector/premium. Sony is likely to make accordingly to a peojected demand. GT5 CE sold out in most places and lowest it ever hit was 60 at very limited locations. While KZ3 projection was probably really off. Infamous 2 which I expected not to sell as well as hype claim it will allow me to snag the hero edition at 60.

MS tends to make wayyyyyyy too many. I've see the Halo 3 LE lying around 3 years later. I still see the LE for Reach.

Nintendo usually keep a small print run when it comes to limited and special bundles.

As for wording, limited usually mean limited but more so with niche titles. If they say collector for big hits, expect over abundance but be quick when price drops. If they say each will be number, that means nothing since they can keep adding. If they say out of xxxx copies, that mean something. Then you need to consider what is included. Strangely enough, collector editions/limited editions with artbooks tend to sell out quicker and see a limited print run.

So that's the basic rundown/advice I can give you about buying ce/le.

Edited by UltimateIdiot911, 05 November 2011 - 05:40 AM.

#1124 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:17 PM

http://kotaku.com/58...lectors-edition

Posted Image

PRE-ORDERED. Although, where the Fuck is my steelbook!?

#1125 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:43 PM

http://kotaku.com/58...lectors-edition

Posted Image

PRE-ORDERED. Although, where the Fuck is my steelbook!?

Future Shop may get those steelbook w/ purchase of Regular or Collector Edition & maybe Crystal Edition. *Fingercross*

Getting close to confirming this guys...Should have a final word next week if we can get this Posted Image

PS: 90% confident!

http://community.fut...I-2/td-p/319042

#1126 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:48 PM

Yeah but Future doesn't ship to the States... Would still have to ask a Canadian bro to pre-order for me :/

#1127 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:49 PM

Wait, is that CE for the US?!

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#1128 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:54 PM

wait, is that ce for the us?!

ja

#1129 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:57 PM

Thank god, definitely ordering one the moment Amazon has it up.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#1130 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:41 PM

Argh. I kinda want the FF ce but I don't see anything I'll get the extra 20 dollars out of. Might preorder just incase amazon has another famous CE 1 hour price mistake.

Still can't decide between amazon and BB preorder

#1131 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:44 PM

It's pretty weak tbh. They couldn't put out an art book bigger than 20 pages? That's like barely anything. The hardened casing is the best part of the CE

I'll update the OP in a bit, on my eee atm which is a hassle to type/edit stuff on.

#1132 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:12 PM

$20 for a 4-disc soundtrack is pretty solid IMO, considering it's Final Fantasy. Best Buy has it up now as well, their pre-order bonus is the small hardcover book.

#1133 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:13 PM

the FFXIII-2 CE better become available on Amazon soon so I can order it

#1134 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:19 PM

It is up actually.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#1135 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:29 PM

www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-XIII-2-Collectors-sony-playstation3/dp/B0062VM8LU/ (PS3)
www.amazon.com/Fantasy-XIII-2-Collectors-microsoft-xbox-360/dp/B0062VM8M4/ (Xbox 360)

#1136 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:23 PM

weird I tried searching for it and couldn't find it

#1137 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:26 PM

Damn, that FFXIII-2 CE box is gorgeous... now I don't know if I should get that or the UK Crystal Edition. Both seem pretty overpriced honestly, even with a full soundtrack.:-k

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#1138 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:36 PM

Totally in for the FF XIII-2 CE. Soundtrack and artbook? Sounds sweet.

#1139 Rychy

Rychy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:45 PM

I'm in for the Final Fantasy XIII-2 CE from Amazon ... wish they had Best Buy's bonus as well though.

#1140 Over easy

Over easy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:49 PM

I'm in for the Final Fantasy XIII-2 CE from Amazon ... wish they had Best Buy's bonus as well though.

Ditto, but I am really hoping for the steelbook from the Crystal edition...
Posted Image