Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5516 replies to this topic

#1291 Devulture

Devulture

Scavenging the Earth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:27 PM

Not like looking it up online is a difficult thing. Still, do I just come up to the customer service with my printed paper of the game's site (with SKU) and ask them to make a five-dollar reservation?

#1292 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:31 PM

The SKU online isn't the same. That one forces you to pay $79.99, and I'm not sure if that even counts as a 'pre-order'.

But yeah, if you know it just give it to them and they'll punch it in. Works the same way.

Defynorz.pngPringerOtaku.png
Add me on PSN for co-op or anything

League of Legends: Defyn

#1293 Devulture

Devulture

Scavenging the Earth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:41 PM

Well, I'll guess I'll just have to wait for the machines to update, although it's probably ill-advised to do so.

#1294 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:41 PM

I've been wondering about this, it really is the same pre-order book as Best Buy? And it's not an artbook, but a inbetween games filler information, so the German matters?

I was thinking Amazon pre-order ($80) + this ($27-30) would get you everything, including the steelbook most important part. This the best way to go if you want a steelbook (and physical bonuses like full soundtrack)?

It's advertised as the Novelle, which I'd have to assume is the exact same thing BB is getting since that's normally how these chopped up bonuses work in the US.

May be a stupid question, but if we order that FF XIII-2 steelbook will it be charged as soon as the order is placed or when it is shipped?

Shipped.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#1295 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:18 PM

Not like looking it up online is a difficult thing. Still, do I just come up to the customer service with my printed paper of the game's site (with SKU) and ask them to make a five-dollar reservation?

Like PrinnyOtaku said, that SKU applies to the full $79.99-priced version, but based on what the employees at my BBY said, you can't just pay $5 of that to reserve your copy--you would have to pay the entire amount, unfortunately.

The (very) helpful employees at my BBY spent nearly 30 minutes trying to help me reserve the FFXIII-2 CE for PS3 and were hopefully successful--my receipt reads "PS-PS3-FINAL FANTASY XIII PRE", so there's no way to verify that that is indeed the PS3 CE (based on the wording, I pray I didn't actually "reserve" the original FFXIII for PS3 :shock:), but I'm hoping for the best. Also, the CE actually does show up on the preorder machines if you type "Final Fantasy Collectors" into the search bar, but there's no "Preorder" button for either system. :cry:

Anyway, this is the SKU on my receipt: 9698818. Maybe someone can verify that this is the preorder SKU for FFXIII-2 CE (PS3).

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/29]:  :ps3: Rayman Origins (5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#1296 Animekatt

Animekatt

Black Catgirl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:11 PM

Anyway, this is the SKU on my receipt: 9698818. Maybe someone can verify that this is the preorder SKU for FFXIII-2 CE (PS3).

I have my receipt for the Collector's pre-order. It's 4120037

On the receipt, it says: PS-PS3-FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 C

Animekatt.png 4bc3aaafe5e7610a18092ffc8d198a69_ba22853

#1297 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:27 PM

I have my receipt for the Collector's pre-order. It's 4120037

On the receipt, it says: PS-PS3-FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 C

And the SKU for the full product (on BB.com) is 4120055...

...Crap.

I don't know what I preordered, then. Looks like I'll have to go back and fix this...

Thanks for posting that.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/29]:  :ps3: Rayman Origins (5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#1298 Devulture

Devulture

Scavenging the Earth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:12 PM

Since the SKU's confirmed, do I just write it down and give it to a consultant at BB customer service for reservation?

#1299 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:47 PM

360 one: 4120046

Go to your gaming section as usual. The only difference is you're giving them the SKU instead of the printed out slip. So they're punching it in instead of scanning the barcode.

@vigilante, that looks like the regular edition >.>

EDIT: Lovely Amazon shipped me a fucking crushed Skyward Sword LE. It seems like out of all the fragile CEs and guides I order, a good 80% of them come damaged.

Edited by PrinnyOtaku, 22 November 2011 - 09:25 PM.

#1300 C-Zero

C-Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:26 PM

GAH!! Why do I have to be so weak when it comes to this stuff.

Looked at the FF steelbook on amazon.de and ended up noticing that the Arkham City Steelbook Edition was still available so I picked up both.

The FF steelbook is so nice. Why isn't there is a USA version?

#1301 C-Zero

C-Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:29 PM

is anyone getting free shipping on the FF steelbook alone?

#1302 Xenogears

Xenogears

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:35 PM

not sure if this is news, but amazon has Dark souls collectors editions for both PS3 and 360 right now. $60 for PS3, $52 for 360!

#1303 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:53 PM

EDIT: Lovely Amazon shipped me a fucking crushed Skyward Sword LE. It seems like out of all the fragile CEs and guides I order, a good 80% of them come damaged.

This is why I have pretty much strayed away from Amazon with most of my CE orders sadly and have gone to gamestop because I get my pick of the best conditioned one. I would love to stay with Amazon but after my Dark Souls came dented, I had enough. I still have a few on order with them due to various credits but have been happy with gamestop's condition of my CEs. I know it isn't 100% their fault either. Half my boxes from Amazon come looking like the UPS man played soccer with the package :bomb:

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#1304 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:02 PM

Oh it's the warehouse workers' fault. Packaging Skyward Sword CE in one of those foldover-cardboard sheets. Fuck you you lazy ass mofos. Can't grab some bubble wrap and a proper box?

I wish I kept one of the copies I got from K-Mart instead of eBaying it. Now I'm left with one copy from Best Buy whose price sticker ripped off the gold foil, and a squish copy from Amazon.

And this is one of the few CEs I REALLY wanted for my collection.

I'm gonna place pre-orders for future stuff at GameStop just so I have a place to return these shitty Amazon copies to.

#1305 Animekatt

Animekatt

Black Catgirl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:11 PM

Man, sorry to hear about that. I'm not sure what the deal is with Amazon and their shipping policies with CE games that come in boxes. After the fiasco with the Persona 2 shipping, I just started to get my CEs from Gamestop. I'd rather have peace of mind and pay the tax than to go through that with Amazon.

#1306 Devulture

Devulture

Scavenging the Earth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:37 PM

Just an update on the SKU thing for FFXIII-2 CE.

It didn't work for me. The computer system in my local BestBuy is unable to locate the game, thus I can't reserve the edition.

That's not to debunk the information AnimeKatt has given, but it is a fair warning for those who attempted to do what I tried and failed.

#1307 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:54 PM

It seems like more and more people are getting things damaged from Amazon because of poor packaging. That's a disturbing trend.

I noticed they have a Packaging Feedback option on order pages, which I think is fairly new. You can rate how the package was and even upload a picture. I encourage everyone who has had problems with their packaging to do this, and hopefully after enough people do, they'll get tighter standards at the warehouses

#1308 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:03 PM

It seems like more and more people are getting things damaged from Amazon because of poor packaging. That's a disturbing trend.

I noticed they have a Packaging Feedback option on order pages, which I think is fairly new. You can rate how the package was and even upload a picture. I encourage everyone who has had problems with their packaging to do this, and hopefully after enough people do, they'll get tighter standards at the warehouses

Yup, my replacement Dark Souls CE also came damaged. It was in one of those universal mailers that is just cardboard folded. Now I have to email them a 4th time for the same game.

#1309 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:22 PM

While that works for stuff that's in-stock, I place an order on Amazon for these kind of CEs knowing to an extent that they'll be rare. No replacement option for me except for a refund...

Now, I have Tekken Hybrid and LoH:TitS LE coming in, and I'm praying for the best but... might have to go the GameStop buy/return route on both.

@devulture: I think your employees are incompetent -.-

Gaming supervisors or anyone with a manager code can pull up ALL titles that are available for pre-order (and can search that way), but normal employees aren't allowed to because it's related to the store's scorecard. It's definitely in the system under that SKU, as I doubt it differs depending on store.

#1310 Devulture

Devulture

Scavenging the Earth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:36 PM

@devulture: I think your employees are incompetent -.-

Gaming supervisors or anyone with a manager code can pull up ALL titles that are available for pre-order (and can search that way), but normal employees aren't allowed to because it's related to the store's scorecard. It's definitely in the system under that SKU, as I doubt it differs depending on store.

So what am I suppose to do, ask for the manager to reserve a copy for me? Whom can I ask to take care of the task? It's gonna be awkward to try this again w/o a concrete plan. What if the local employees you insulted were the gaming supervisors?

#1311 Animekatt

Animekatt

Black Catgirl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:43 PM

I have no idea why it's so difficult to preorder this CE... I was able to check the RSS and find the sku. Now it's not working. :wall:

#1312 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:46 PM

Then they're not doing their job. Who did you talk to and try to punch in the SKU?

I can record a video of my employee doing the exact process tomorrow if you want... I don't know what else we could help you with. It really is just typing in the 7 digits when ringing a transaction through.

The way he explained it was that the search process is same system as the report which tells them how many pre-orders of game X the store has, and what their "goal" (at which all employees get a free copy) is. If you ask something in gaming/the sup about that system, maybe they can find it for you.

And even if they do find it, it'll be the SKUs we already give you...

@ssj: I can't even leave packaging feedback because my pre-order wasn't placed within the last 60 days. GG.

#1313 Devulture

Devulture

Scavenging the Earth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:53 PM

But the thing is, I saw the crew typing the SKU and apparently to them it can't be found within their system.

#1314 DanteWarrior

DanteWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:02 AM

Glad I am not the only one who is so fed up with Amazon & their packaging of CE games & guides. I almost jump with pleasant surprise if 1 out of 10 comes perfect
BestBuy is my new Haven. Thats where I got a perfect copy of Zelda CE, though there is one incoming from Amazon. Not very enthusiastic after hearing others experiences!

#1315 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:21 AM

My MGS HD LE order came in with a cracked corner. Order was shipped from Amazon. :(

#1316 GreenSpark

GreenSpark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:26 AM

Glad I am not the only one who is so fed up with Amazon & their packaging of CE games & guides. I almost jump with pleasant surprise if 1 out of 10 comes perfect
BestBuy is my new Haven. Thats where I got a perfect copy of Zelda CE, though there is one incoming from Amazon. Not very enthusiastic after hearing others experiences!

Ha, ha found that amusing because I feel almost exactly the same. Just happy if ONE thing shows up in perfect condition or near mint at least. With all the complaints around here about the Skyrim guide, I was dreading opening that box last week, but it was in mint condition for a change. However, when I saw the tape coming up off the box for LOTR: WITN CE, I just knew it would be jacked upon opening and sure enough, crushed corner and the plastic window on front of box starting to separate from actual package due to the crushing:bomb: To lazy to go pick up the replacement from the post office today, but tomorrow I fear for the worst already.

#1317 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:51 PM

I'm gonna place pre-orders for future stuff at GameStop just so I have a place to return these shitty Amazon copies to.

Now you're learning. As a bonus, most pre-order codes print on the receipt. :-\"

Yeah, giving them icecream has made them less obedient. /whipcrack

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#1318 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:00 PM

If people have issues with Amazon's packaging, make sure you give them packaging feedback on the order as well as requesting a replacement. When filing packaging feedback, there are places to upload pics of the issue.

This should be done for every single package that doesn't show up in pristine condition.

#1319 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:09 PM

If people have issues with Amazon's packaging, make sure you give them packaging feedback on the order as well as requesting a replacement. When filing packaging feedback, there are places to upload pics of the issue.

This should be done for every single package that doesn't show up in pristine condition.

Again, their system is broken so if you placed a pre-order more than 60 days before the item is released, you can't even leave feedback for it... Can only do so through talking w/ a CSR.

#1320 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:13 AM

Okay, I have no idea what pinoy is doing but I don't want to chance it by waiting any longer, so if you want a FFXIII-2 Steelbook PM me and I'll get the groupbuy pre-order placed within the next couple of days.