Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5516 replies to this topic

#1441 GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza

Hangin Tough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:34 AM

I managed to hold off KoA Special Edition (the other ones are way too expensive). I guess I'll be holding off a lot of CEs and LEs... I really love them, but the hobby is taking a toll on personal finance. NG3 CE is pretty sweet, but $100?!?!

Im still on the fence myself. This reminds me of the other new IP from EA, Dead Space, and their exclusive collectors edition that went sky high. Im wondering if this might do the same.
Posted Image

#1442 lolwhat

lolwhat

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:40 AM

Somebody definitely lost their mind. JRPG fans don't like such music( in general).... but not only that , it sounds horrible.

no sense of humor =[

#1443 PatelKing

PatelKing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:15 AM

are gs and bb offering somethine not available elsewhere??

FFXIII-2: GS - Alternate costume for Serah, in addition PUR Pro members get a DLC code for the Genji Bow; BB - Exclusive book linking the story between XIII and XIII-2. Book from BB is not a pre-order only bonus, it comes with all first print run copies.

SCV: GS - free bobblehead of one of the characters - IVY; BB - Exclusive in-game character - Le Bello. Once again for BB, not a pre-order only bonus but packaged with first print run copies.

I have both preordered at GS b/c I have plenty of credit but want the extra character for SC5 as opposed to a bobblehead so may have to switch that. Also thanks to points, I will be getting NG3CE with $25 off from points so at $75 using credit its worth it to me b/c it looks pretty good.

#1444 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:18 AM

are gs and bb offering somethine not available elsewhere??

Yep.

Gamestop is giving some Ivy Bobblehead for Soul Calibur 5 (Lol), while Best Buy is giving the Danpierre downloadable character (From the PSP games, who was quite awesome).

And for FF13 Gamestop is giving a Serah Costume/Weapon, Best Buy is just giving some hardcover story book, and Amazon is giving an Omega DLC Recruit/Battle.

Would have went with Omega instead of the DLC Costumes, but i hear Omega isnt even that great and cant be recruited till pretty late. (And will probably be released as DLC later)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1445 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:36 AM

Eh, I want Serah's swimsuit anyways, which isn't a preorder bonus. Because of that outfit, I don't really care about GameStop's. So I'm on the fence about ordering it from Amazon for Omega.

#1446 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:37 AM

FFXIII-2: GS - Alternate costume for Serah, in addition PUR Pro members get a DLC code for the Genji Bow; BB - Exclusive book linking the story between XIII and XIII-2. Book from BB is not a pre-order only bonus, it comes with all first print run copies.

Not that I don't believe you, but can you confirm this? This is the first I've heard that the book isn't a preorder bonus. :cry: That might affect where I get my FFXIII-2 CE.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Velocity 2X

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/31]: :vita: Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#1447 lolwhat

lolwhat

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:39 AM

I think you misunderstood, though maybe we do need clarification. Pretty sure he meant that you'll get the book at best buy even if you didn't pre-order, but it's only for the first-print copies from best buy.

#1448 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:44 AM

I think you misunderstood, though maybe we do need clarification. Pretty sure he meant that you'll get the book at best buy even if you didn't pre-order, but it's only for the first-print copies from best buy.

No, I understood that the book was only with first-print copies from BBY, it's just that one of the reasons I pre-ordered from there was that I thought the book was the better pre-order bonus due to being a physical item that might become one of the rarer pre-order bonuses. If all first-print copies at BBY have the book, though, it becomes a far less appealing "bonus" to me (especially since you can just read the contents of the book online for free).

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Velocity 2X

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/31]: :vita: Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (4.25/5)

#1449 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:07 AM

Thanks everyone for the latest posts. I pre-ordered SC5 LE and FF13-2 LE at Bestbuy (had $35 in certificates) and the Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 LE at NISA (had $10 certificate from last year about to expire). Cant wait for these games!

#1450 htz

htz

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:26 AM

Not that I don't believe you, but can you confirm this? This is the first I've heard that the book isn't a preorder bonus. :cry: That might affect where I get my FFXIII-2 CE.

I think he meant that all first run copies that are going to best buy will contain the pre-order bonus. Since the first run copies of games that go to best buy usually contain the pre-order bonus inside the games packaging. Normally gamestop has the pre-order dlc code on the receipt and amazon emails the pre-order dlc code. But best buy has some special arrangement where the pre-order dlc code is packaged inside the game from the factory.

Even though final fantasy viii-2 pre-order bonus is a physical item, it is still going to be packaged with the game. http://www.bestbuy.c...=category&h=403

Me personally, I don't think the book is worth it content wise... https://finalfantasy....com/episode-i/

Rather save on tax/gas/use the $10 credit toward the collectors edition guide that is going for $20.99 @ amazon.

#1451 HakaHina

HakaHina

Glasses God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:41 AM

My plan for this quarter of games:
FFXIII-2, SC5, NG, BBE, Neptunia, ME3

Total: $460
Credit/GC: $161

Grand Total: $299

I think I'll be holding out on the capcom CEs since those tend to be more common.

Anyone know what happened to the FFXIII-2 steelbook group buys? Seems like it just fell off the face of the planet
Posted Image

#1452 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 06:03 AM

Aw man, now that I'm looking at the OP closely, I'm tempted by the SC5 and HN Mk2 CEs, even though (1) I don't play fighters and (2) Mk2 doesn't interest me after I watched some gameplay videos.

They just look so darn cool...

Cloud_Squall78.png

#1453 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:10 AM

I really wish I knew Kingdoms of Amular was going to be a game I would love. That $80 set with the dice set/dice bag is something I would of really wanted.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#1454 Fatbot3

Fatbot3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:12 PM

I really wish I knew Kingdoms of Amular was going to be a game I would love. That $80 set with the dice set/dice bag is something I would of really wanted.

My feelings exactly. Does anyone know if this is an EA store exclusive? I generally feel single store exclusives mean there's a higher chance it will be gone and sell out (e.g. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2) but then there are both the Warhammer 40k and Dead Rising 2 exlcusive CEs that while good obviously haven't gone out of stock from their rspective company stores.

#1455 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:15 PM

Demo out on the 17th... Same boat with you all.

#1456 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:52 PM

Also in the same boat. Kingdoms of Amalur looks awesome from everything I've seen but dropping $90 (with shipping) seems like a lot when I'm not sure how good it actually is. My instincts tell me to do it or I'll regret it but I just don't know if I want to spend that kind of money right now when it's not a sure thing.

The real problem I have is that I've seen a lot of video for the combat and such but what about the exploration, story, and other aspects of the game? I dont want to spend 50+ hours running around beating up bad guys gaining more abilities along the way. I hope there's more to it than that.

#1457 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:00 PM

Even though final fantasy viii-2 pre-order bonus is a physical item, it is still going to be packaged with the game.

So it's a game starting Selphie? Squall and Rinoa are dead?

#1458 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:57 PM

Added Phantom Breaker LE:

Phantom Breaker - Limited Edition (360)

Posted Image

Includes:

• Mini Strategy guide
  • Desk Calendar
  • 2 Double-sided Posters
Release: 02/28/2012
Price: $39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Newegg

#1459 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:38 PM

That LE is actually quite reasonably priced

Nothing to see here, move along!

#1460 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:09 PM

Demo out on the 17th... Same boat with you all.

Hmm forgot about the demo. I will have to try that one. I mean it's made by some of the Morrowind guys so I think it could be on par with Skyrim or at least as good as Dragon Age 1.

I will have to see and make a final judgement. I would be buying it for PC so it would be a solid $90 investment with no returns for me.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#1461 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:51 PM

Includes:

• Mini Strategy guide
  • Desk Calendar
  • 2 Double-sided Posters

I don't know what it is, but I want it.

#1462 C-Zero

C-Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:05 AM

Posted Image

Includes:

• Mini Strategy guide
  • Desk Calendar
  • 2 Double-sided Posters

Day 1 buy

#1463 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:16 AM

Heads up for anyone interested in the Max Payne 3 Special Edition: the last day to pre-order anywhere according to rockstar is the 15th, which is tomorrow, so put in your orders now D;

#1464 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:21 AM

Whoa, what? 39.99 special edition on release?

I'll buy it just because of that.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#1465 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:58 AM

I don't know what it is, but I want it.

Fighting Game, think Arcana Heart.

#1466 TheFirst109

TheFirst109

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2012 - 04:52 AM

Debating on which CE of FFXIII-2 to buy the bf for his birthday...does anyone know when you get to fight omega to add him to the party? That dlc would be pretty much a waste in my mind if you end up fighting him near the end of the game, and the best buy novel is online already on most websites so BB is out. Thanks for the info if anyone knows!

#1467 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:36 AM

Debating on which CE of FFXIII-2 to buy the bf for his birthday...does anyone know when you get to fight omega to add him to the party? That dlc would be pretty much a waste in my mind if you end up fighting him near the end of the game, and the best buy novel is online already on most websites so BB is out. Thanks for the info if anyone knows!

Eh, from what I've heard, he can be challenged earlier on. He's in a special colloseum that only has DLC creatures fightable in it and is near impossible to beat at earlier points. So it's more of a later-game thing.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#1468 lolwhat

lolwhat

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:50 AM

It's about having the physical item, lol, of course the text is going to go online.

Get him the serah costume 8-)

#1469 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:45 AM

I decided to hold out on FFXIII-2 for now....the first one was just okay to me and I don't really need the soundtrack or artbook for now, if it drops in price then I may pick one up but no big loss. I am going to pick up the CE's of SoulCalibur, SFxT, and ME3 for sure, I've always been a fan of CE's when it comes to a game I was going to get anyways.

659629.png?68329996

#1470 PatelKing

PatelKing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:21 PM

No, I understood that the book was only with first-print copies from BBY, it's just that one of the reasons I pre-ordered from there was that I thought the book was the better pre-order bonus due to being a physical item that might become one of the rarer pre-order bonuses. If all first-print copies at BBY have the book, though, it becomes a far less appealing "bonus" to me (especially since you can just read the contents of the book online for free).

I think he meant that all first run copies that are going to best buy will contain the pre-order bonus. Since the first run copies of games that go to best buy usually contain the pre-order bonus inside the games packaging. Normally gamestop has the pre-order dlc code on the receipt and amazon emails the pre-order dlc code. But best buy has some special arrangement where the pre-order dlc code is packaged inside the game from the factory.

Even though final fantasy viii-2 pre-order bonus is a physical item, it is still going to be packaged with the game. http://www.bestbuy.c...=category&h=403

Me personally, I don't think the book is worth it content wise... https://finalfantasy....com/episode-i/

Rather save on tax/gas/use the $10 credit toward the collectors edition guide that is going for $20.99 @ amazon.

Ok, so the reason I said first print run copies is because historically, with past preorders that have items packaged in/with the game, you see a bunch on the shelf that are not preorders. Its the normal first shipment. Examples that come to mind: Mortal Kombat (sub-zero), LOTR: WITN.

If you look at the pages for both FF XIII-2 and SCV, both games say that the exclusive bonuses come packaged with the game and nothing about it being a pre-order only bonus. Both items state "while supplies last." Hope this helps to clarify.