Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5516 replies to this topic

#2641 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:28 PM

I'm a little bit annoyed about the ZoE CE. $20 more for a soundtrack and artbook seems steep.

Seems like a pretty decent artbook though.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#2642 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:43 PM

Does it? I didn't know there was any information on it other than its front cover. lol

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#2643 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:51 PM

I've only seen the cover, but Amazon's description says it 100 pages long

#2644 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:00 PM

That's not so bad then. ZoE art is awesome, and it doesn't look like we're getting a full artbook, like from Udon, so that makes this one even more appealing.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#2645 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:00 PM

If it's anything like the artbook that was in the mgs hd collection le it will be worth the price alone.

#2646 crazydom2

crazydom2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:11 PM

What are the chances of ZoE's becoming as rare as MGS4's?

#2647 UltimateIdiot911

UltimateIdiot911

Have a nice tragedy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:18 PM

Hard to say how rare it will become but you can guarantee that it will be limited, especially the PS3 version.

MGSHD LE PS3 was pretty hard to find after the first week.

#2648 punkmaggit

punkmaggit

Masashi Hamauzu > you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:21 PM

That ZOE LE is so bought! I can always return it to Amazon if it ends up not being as rare.

#2649 hairypeckpeck

hairypeckpeck

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:45 PM

i've never played any of the ZOE before.

i did get a chance to try out the ps3 version at comic con and it was pretty good.

that being said, i preorded a ps3 copy from amazon...

#2650 kit352

kit352

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:49 PM

I have both games for the ps2. I dont think its worth it for me to get this but if youve never played them they are decent games. I liked the first one way more than the second but it ends so abruptly its maddening. Took me forever to find the 2nd one.

#2651 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:51 PM

If rare means you can still find it years later for the msrp there is a pretty good chance.

#2652 Rainman

Rainman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:55 PM

I tried to order Resident Evil 6 collectors edition from amazon.fr but cannot for some reason I'm guessing it is too large/heavy. But I can order from amazon.it. Problem is the cost from the France site is about $50 cheaper that the Italy site. Any other users have success ordering from amazon.fr? In US btw

#2653 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:00 PM

I tried to order Resident Evil 6 collectors edition from amazon.fr but cannot for some reason I'm guessing it is too large/heavy. But I can order from amazon.it. Problem is the cost from the France site is about $50 cheaper that the Italy site. Any other users have success ordering from amazon.fr? In US btw

Amazon.de is your best option. Some of the different region amazon sites don't ship to the US. Even though its sold out, add it to notify you when it's available. How I got mine, was about 149 US dollars.

#2654 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:12 PM

Anyone know if Amazon ships these LE packages decently? I want to preorder the ZOE one, but I'm debating about just doing so in stores at a Gamestop, but I also have Amazon credit to burn.

#2655 hairypeckpeck

hairypeckpeck

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:21 PM

Anyone know if Amazon ships these LE packages decently? I want to preorder the ZOE one, but I'm debating about just doing so in stores at a Gamestop, but I also have Amazon credit to burn.

i usually get my LEs from amazon and they come in (IMO) better shape than what you would find in most retail stores.

Back in Novemeber, i ordered the MGSHD LE from amazon and it came in immaculate condition. shipped in a tight cardboard box

#2656 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:23 PM

Amazon will more than likely ship it in a box with air sacs surrounding it so it should arrive perfectly fine.

#2657 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:26 PM

It all depends on which warehouse it ships from. I know the Las Vegas warehouse always damages my CE stuff. My MGSHD LE was damaged twice by Amazon (big dents in the outer case that penetrated through to the cover of the artbook) and I finally had to scramble around town looking for one which I found at Gamestop. Basically, if it's something I know is gonna be hard to find after release, I order at the local GS now since at least I can inspect what I'm getting and react quickly to find a replacement if the copy they hold for me is damaged. Amazon doesn't do damage/return reserves, so if they sell out, you are screwed where with GS, if I get there early enough on release day, I can pick a different copy out.

I'm finding more and more that Amazon is damaging stuff even before it gets boxed and shipped. I have received many games recently that have machinery marks and punches, grease from conveyer belts, stuff broken inside, etc...even though they are shipped in cardboard boxes with air pillows. The last straw for me was when they shipped my SF 25th and Borderlands 2 Loot chest in one giant box with little padding that resulted in the metal tipped SF25th box puncturing the outer box of my Borderlands 2. Frankly, Amazon is not a good place to order anything that will be hard to find or valuable.

#2658 Rainman

Rainman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:25 PM

Amazon.de is your best option. Some of the different region amazon sites don't ship to the US. Even though its sold out, add it to notify you when it's available. How I got mine, was about 149 US dollars.

Thanks a lot buddy. I'll be sure to get notified from amazon.de Still waiting on my loot chest from amazon.it I hope it arrived complete. Have you had ordered in the past about amazon.de? are the extras in english

#2659 LD_Helix

LD_Helix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:38 PM

Apparently Metal Gear Rising Revengeance special/limited edition comes with a sword lamp http://www.destructo...on-235784.phtml looks pretty cool no news on pricing though, my guess 100-150 range

#2660 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:50 PM

Just preordered the shit out of that ZoE LE. I was gonna import, but this was seems like a solid alternative. Thanks for the heads up!

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 6/28/14   Child of Light       |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#2661 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:17 PM

Should I get PS3 or 360 for the ZoE games. I just want to make sure I'm getting the best looking version. I usually play games on the 360, but these games I've beaten, so I remember them not being too long, so the immersion and graphics are what I need to make me keep playing/play it all over again.

#2662 UltimateIdiot911

UltimateIdiot911

Have a nice tragedy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:31 PM

Should I get PS3 or 360 for the ZoE games. I just want to make sure I'm getting the best looking version. I usually play games on the 360, but these games I've beaten, so I remember them not being too long, so the immersion and graphics are what I need to make me keep playing/play it all over again.

I doubt there will be any noticeable difference like with MGS HD. It really will come down to control preferences. Keep in mind, ZoE used pressure sensitivity so the mapping on the 360 controller will slightly differ from the original. Also, I don't know if 360 will have all the achievements as the PS3 trophies (I've heard the MGS HD 360 is missing some of the achievements).

If it's the LE you are looking at, I'm pretty sure the PS3 version will be rarer if that matters to you.

#2663 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:38 PM

Just pre-ordered ZoE HD C.E at Gamestop, only 5$ too. I gotta have that Artbook and Soundtrack
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2664 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:49 PM

damn now whether to keep the newegg one for 30 dollars or spring for the CE edition of ZoE choices...

#2665 Rainman

Rainman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:56 PM

Apparently Metal Gear Rising Revengeance special/limited edition comes with a sword lamp http://www.destructo...on-235784.phtml looks pretty cool no news on pricing though, my guess 100-150 range

i seen that and would gladly pay up to 150 for it. looks pretty cool on par with loot chest, street fighter 25th anniversary, and resident evil 6 collectors are all same price or so.

#2666 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:28 PM

i seen that and would gladly pay up to 150 for it. looks pretty cool on par with loot chest, street fighter 25th anniversary, and resident evil 6 collectors are all same price or so.

That was gonna be my guess in price as well

#2667 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:31 PM

Every part of my body hates Konami for shutting down Metal Gear Online and what they did to Raiden, but dammit, I might have to get that lamp.....
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2668 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:32 PM

Obligatory comment:

I love lamp.

#2669 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:39 PM

Well I'm torn. I love ZoE have both games still on PS2. And the HD Collection is only 2 games, not 3 (making it $20 a game and $20 artbook/soundtrack). I usually buy the HD Collections when they hit $10-$20 for best value per game (that I've already bought, played, beat), but that 100 page artbook is very tempting.

#2670 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:08 PM

Well I'm torn. I love ZoE have both games still on PS2. And the HD Collection is only 2 games, not 3 (making it $20 a game and $20 artbook/soundtrack). I usually buy the HD Collections when they hit $10-$20 for best value per game (that I've already bought, played, beat), but that 100 page artbook is very tempting.

but its zone of the enders. you should be deciding how many to buy not whether or not you will buy it at all.