Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5516 replies to this topic

#241 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:02 PM

Updated with Dark Souls CE

#242 Zero_Kirby

Zero_Kirby

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:31 AM

Very helpful
Posted Image

#243 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:20 PM

Gears of War 3 LE and EE have been officially announced.

http://kotaku.com/sp...ditions/5802197

The EE includes everything from the LE.

#244 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:25 PM

Gears of War 3 LE and EE have been officially announced.

http://kotaku.com/sp...ditions/5802197

The EE includes everything from the LE.

Updated while you posted this :D

#245 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:38 PM

I already did! Love wikis :)

I hope that COG medal is heavy like a paperweight.

#246 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:45 PM

My GOD! Now I REALLY want that damn GOW3 Epic Edition!!! May have to watch to see if there is a glut of them when it releases or not. If not, I may pick one up when it is still expensive. Otherwise, I'll pull a Halo Reach Legendary and wait for target or BB to clear...

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014, Borderlands 2, Skyrim

#247 karatebear

karatebear

I'll Take The Deal!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 04:41 AM

I just stumbled upon this at bestbuy.com

http://www.bestbuy.c...ivion&lp=1&cp=1

It's (Takes deep breath) The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - 5th Anniversary Edition

I don't know if it's a collectors edition but it does include some things that are usually included in CE's such as a making of DVD and more importantly a game map. Oh, it also has a steelbook case for anybody that cares about that :) It costs $29.99 and is set to be released on 6/28/11.

Here's what bestbuy has for the description for anybody too lazy to click the link...

• 5th Anniversary Edition includes the original award-winning game, Oblivion, the Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles expansion packs, collector's steelbook case, Making of Oblivion DVD and an Oblivion game map*
  • Making of Oblivion DVD includes a bonus The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim trailer
  • Contains a $10 off coupon toward the purchase of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and a Skyrim strategy guide
  • Protect your copy of the game with the collector's steelbook, which is decorated with Daedric symbols
*:D
Posted Image

#248 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 04:48 AM

It's (Takes deep breath) The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - 5th Anniversary Edition

I don't know if it's a collectors edition but it does include some things that are usually included in CE's such as a making of DVD and more importantly a game map. Oh, it also has a steelbook case for anybody that cares about that :) It costs $29.99 and is set to be released on 6/28/11.

Here's what bestbuy has for the description for anybody too lazy to click the link...

• 5th Anniversary Edition includes the original award-winning game, Oblivion, the Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles expansion packs, collector's steelbook case, Making of Oblivion DVD and an Oblivion game map*
  • Contains a $10 off coupon toward the purchase of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and a Skyrim strategy guide
  • Protect your copy of the game with the collector's steelbook, which is decorated with Daedric symbols

Damn sexy. I'm in for one.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#249 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 04:50 AM

I been wanting to replay oblivion for some time (have it for PC, but the PC is not gaming capable anymore) but I was not paying more than $19.99 to do so. I will so buy this though because the $10 coupon off skyrim and a strategy guide makes up for that :D.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#250 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 04:53 AM

5th anniversary edition? Holy shit. Milk a game much?

It does look nice though.

#251 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 05:03 AM

5th anniversary edition? Holy shit. Milk a game much?

It does look nice though.

I think Nintendo wins that one with their 25th anniversary mario collection.

At least this comes with a $10 off skyrim and skyrim strategy guide offer. If it's an actual guide and not some crappy like 30 page book, this could be a great steal.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#252 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 21 May 2011 - 05:07 AM

I've never played Oblivion so I just got the GOTY edition as my free game with LA Noire at KMart this week. Maybe I should just swap it out for something different and pick this up. I've waited this long already so the extra time wont bother me.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#253 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Amazon has placeholders for it on PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 so it looks like this is happening.

#254 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Yeah I actually have Oblivion in my backlog but I'm tempted to buy this one. Love steelbooks and I'd like to own the extra DLC too

Anyway, added it to the op, nice find karatebear

#255 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

At least this comes with a $10 off skyrim and skyrim strategy guide offer. If it's an actual guide and not some crappy like 30 page book, this could be a great steal.

Have you seen the Oblivion guide? No way Skyrim's will be small.

#256 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 05:11 AM

the guide is 416 pages according to amazon: http://www.amazon.co...05954652&sr=8-1

#257 knightsdwn

knightsdwn

Beautiful Plastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 05:55 AM

That re-released version of Oblivion looks extremely nice. I think it pushes me over the top to finally try the game out.

#258 popaloo

popaloo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 06:02 AM

Yeah I actually have Oblivion in my backlog but I'm tempted to buy this one. Love steelbooks and I'd like to own the extra DLC too

it's sitting in the backlog too as of now for me, though i wonder if this will push Bethesda to finally patch the ps3 version for trophies, seeing as how the 360 had it since release.
A search engine (like Google) that awards you for using it.
Posted Image
Week #13 - Amazon Gift Card $145 (11 SB left over)...and we're chugging along.

#259 gravel

gravel

Posted 21 May 2011 - 11:20 AM

It looks like I'm going to have to get the Oblivion re-release. I have it on the 360, so I might as well pick this up on the PS3.

Currently Playing
:ps3:
South Park, Lego Marvel Super Heroes
:360:
:wii: Lego City Undercover, NES Remix
:ds: Pokemon Y
:psp: Tearaway, No Heroes Allowed

#260 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 01:37 PM

1250/1250'ed Oblivion so unfortunately this offers nothing new. I was really hoping for something cool like an extra unreleased piece of DLC or something. It looks like it's basically just the content from the original CE and the two biggest DLC's. Didn't the GotY edition include more DLC than this?

The Steelbook case is ok I guess, but for somebody that already owns the original CE there isn't much point...what am I going to display both?

For those who either haven't played this, or only played/owned the original vanilla version this looks to be worth it though! My 1250/1250 says it all, this game is amazing and while it's not for everybody, if you do get into it you'll have one of the best gaming experiences of this whole generation. Some advice though, definitely get the guide!

233526.png

https://www.facebook...stractedRealism (pinup/boudoir/etc)
https://www.facebook...ulhaPhotography (scenery/families/babies/etc)

#261 Kanelly

Kanelly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 02:30 PM

Has anyone noticed that while the 360 and PC versions let you preorder, the PS3 version says it came out in April and you can only choose the buy it backordered? That scares me away... I don't want them shipping me the GOTY edition or something by accident.

#262 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 02:31 PM

$30 for steelbook, even if it's a re-release? Yes, please.

#263 punkmaggit

punkmaggit

Masashi Hamauzu > you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 02:36 PM

Dang. Hopefully they announce a PS3 version and I'll be all over it!

#264 Brenex

Brenex

Cobra Commander

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 02:38 PM

STEELBOOOKKKKK hm I may pick it up even though I have the CE sitting in my collection. The map and coupons would be nice too. It may just be worth keeping on eye on to see how low the price drops at the very least. Definitely going to have to ponder this one over!
Posted Image

#265 Fatbot3

Fatbot3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 02:45 PM

$30 for steelbook, even if it's a re-release? Yes, please.

It's kind of tough for me because I own the CE and would feel kind of dumb with 2 copies of the same game. I haven't played Knights of the Nine though so "maybe" this would be a good way to that and finally finish the thieves quest line.

#266 whitekraken

whitekraken

Posted 21 May 2011 - 03:05 PM

I just bought the Oblivion GOTY. I'm still tempted to buy this version. I can get $7 for my goty, and then $10 of skyrim. That works out to about $13. Doesn't seem to bad for a steelbook.

Edit: I wonder how that $10 off will work. Can I use it on my amazon order?

#267 mitnosi

mitnosi

Posted 21 May 2011 - 03:17 PM

Man, I'm upset :(

Just ordered Oblivion for my brother on Friday, and its being delivered on Monday and now i find out there is this?

Edit:

I payed $25 in credit and $5 in dollars for it, if i reject the package and it gets sent back, will I get a full refund?

Second Edit:

Amazon is offering $20.25 for the 360 goty version, $10 dollars more gets you the 5th anniversary edition!

Edited by mitnosi, 21 May 2011 - 03:41 PM.

#268 ItzTitoYo

ItzTitoYo

dabingbadaboom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 04:00 PM

I payed $25 in credit and $5 in dollars for it, if i reject the package and it gets sent back, will I get a full refund?

Rejecting the package is your best bet at this point and you will get the credit back as soon as they receive it.

Amazon still doesn't have this up, but just like some of you I'm interested more in the steelbook goodness! This is definitely one for the PC.

#269 mitnosi

mitnosi

Posted 21 May 2011 - 04:05 PM

Rejecting the package is your best bet at this point and you will get the credit back as soon as they receive it.

Amazon still doesn't have this up, but just like some of you I'm interested more in the steelbook goodness! This is definitely one for the PC.

I contacted Amazon they said I wouldn't get the credit but went ahead and issued me a $25 dollar credit and told me to refuse the package.

#270 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 04:11 PM

Man, I'm upset :(

Just ordered Oblivion for my brother on Friday, and its being delivered on Monday and now i find out there is this?

Edit:

Second Edit:

Amazon is offering $20.25 for the 360 goty version, $10 dollars more gets you the 5th anniversary edition!

Traded mine in too. Bought it fo $12 finding another game or two to make this free