Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5516 replies to this topic

#2761 Multibeaster79

Multibeaster79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:09 PM

Has the bioshock infinite collectors edition pre orders go up at best buy or gamestop?

EDIT: Just check best buy website I just check amazon and it didn't have it so I'm going after school to pre order if I get out in time before best buy closes.

Up at GameStop not on amazon yet. I'm actually thinking I'm gonna do GameStop for this. Honestly I just don't want it damaged in shipping. I'm a little concerned about its "limited nature" however, since it can be had at GS, BB, Irrational, Walmart, Target...

#2762 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:17 PM

That statue is pretty awesome, but not $70 awesome. I'll wait for a clearance sale, just like how I got the BS2 CE for $20.

#2763 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:18 PM

Up at GameStop not on amazon yet. I'm actually thinking I'm gonna do GameStop for this. Honestly I just don't want it damaged in shipping. I'm a little concerned about its "limited nature" however, since it can be had at GS, BB, Irrational, Walmart, Target...

Yea I really hate when it gets damaged during shipping that's why I'm worried for my ni no kuni wizard edition. Hopefully the pack it good. I think the ultimate might be limited but if not oh well I'm still pre ordering I'm not going pass on this I learned my lesson with the loot chest. Plus I love the bioshock series wouldn't mind getting this. Wish they added a steelbook only thing I'm skeptical about this is the quality of the statue :o

#2764 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:22 PM

A heads up, I ordered the LE from the Irrational link I posted up above and and the shipping was free UPS Ground.

Dill The Noise.

471350.png

#2765 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:31 PM

I still have most of it too. I do display the Big Daddy though, because he looks amazing.

Ditto - right next to my Little sister figurine.

I'll prob hold off on buying this at retail, hoping it drops in price as well. First I was lucky enough to get from Goozex, and 2nd wasn't rare at all(but still one of the nicer CEs this gen. IMO)

#2766 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:39 PM

A heads up, I ordered the LE from the Irrational link I posted up above and and the shipping was free UPS Ground.

I would have ordered from them, but it said right on the page that they charge in full upon order, not upon shipping. Is that what happened with your order? I just don't want them sitting on my money for four months, so GS or Best Buy seems like a better place to order from.

#2767 Murderstorm

Murderstorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:09 PM

Just ordered bioshock ultimate song bird for 360 on amazon

#2768 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:23 PM

Preordered the Premium edition from Amazon.
Posted Image

#2769 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:49 PM

Posts like these kind of make me angry. Do you actually sell on eBay and know the fees? The percentage that eBay charges for a buy it now listing is a flat 9%. If you take 9% of $300 it's only $27. How does that translate to $50? I've been selling $20 posters with $4.00 shipping lately and the only fee I've had to pay is $1.00 (about 4%). Don't know why but that's just how it is. I even have my PayPal account linked to pay the eBay fees.

Now the other part of your post. The shipping fee can my transferred to the person buying the item. Who said you have to pay for shipping for the buyer? Sometimes I offer free shipping and sometimes I pay for it. For something like this I would just have the buyer pay for the fee.

Now for shipping confirmation. The cost for shipping confirmation is only $2.55 and delivery confirmation is only $0.75. So if you were to sell the care package for $300, minus $30 for eBay / PayPal fee and $2.55 for shipping confirmation, you would get $267.45. Now subtract the cost of the care package and you get $87.45.

Still you have a point, the profit margin isn't that great. But any profit is profit. If you make a $30 profit or so you can use what you make and offset your other purchases (Buy a $60 game subtract $30). That's what I do when I sell on eBay. I see any profit as profit. Using eBay for me is just a side job. If I have stuff to sell then I throw it up on there. I've been doing pretty well considering I only sell mainly PAX merchandise.

You are forgetting Paypal fees which are another 3%. So, it's really about $36 in total fees on $300 which still leaves $64 in net profit assuming you are in a state with roughly 10% tax like California. Of course, it doesn't factor in your time, gas back and forth from wherever you bought the item from and to the post office, plus packing supplies and the risk that something could go wrong and you could end up eating the whole thing if a bidder complains for any reason. So, yes, you can make a little bit of money but it hardly seems like it's worth all the effort.

#2770 apolloimburning

apolloimburning

I’m Captain Basch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:56 PM

Just ordered bioshock ultimate song bird for 360 on amazon

Link? I can't find it from the Bioshock Infinite 360 product page....

edit: nevermind I found it, I had to search for "Bioshock infinite songbird"

#2771 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:46 PM

I stopped reading after 9% video games are 13% fee with buy it now. none of anything else you said means anything when you can't even get that right
also paypal fees are almost 3%

yes any profit is profit, but when you are spending $300 to make a few dollars that is not worth it and a lot more risky. You have to calculate the risk vs reward.. and spending hundreds on something is a lot of risk and very little reward

Yup, this ^^^. I bloody well wish that BIN fees for selling games was only 9%. I had someone try and argue with me about that before, but apparently it's lower for other categories. That is not the case for video games, though!

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#2772 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:06 AM

Yup, this ^^^. I bloody well wish that BIN fees for selling games was only 9%. I had someone try and argue with me about that before, but apparently it's lower for other categories. That is not the case for video games, though!

Not only that, Feebay hates sellers. Any buyer can just claim he didn't received the item and you are screwed. It happened to me before, the delivery confirmation was there and everything, and the buyer refused to come to any middle ground. Hell, he just opened a case and left me hanging, despite my high feedback, Feebay charged me the selling price of the item, and provided the buyer with a full refund.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#2773 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:16 AM

List it as an auction with BIN. Starting price is BIN price / 1.1, rounded down. Tadah, 9% FVF (+2.7%+0.30 PayPal fee). And if you're Top Rated, free shipping and 14 day return is another 20% off FVF.

That's $30 fees before shipping.

#2774 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:37 AM

Link? I can't find it from the Bioshock Infinite 360 product page....

edit: nevermind I found it, I had to search for "Bioshock infinite songbird"

For my fellow lazy songbirds...

http://www.amazon.co...ongbird edition

Dill The Noise.

471350.png

#2775 Action!

Action!

Animatah.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:48 AM

For my fellow lazy songbirds...

http://www.amazon.co...ongbird edition

Thanks for that. Preordered mine.

I draw sometimes.

Trade List

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#2776 SPVietBoy

SPVietBoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:12 AM

Man... That Bioshock Songbird edition. ridiculous lol.
On another note... Can't remember if I ordered that ACIII UbiWorkshop Edition...

#2777 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:40 AM

The Songbird edition is supposed to be limited?

Edit: Ah, to hell with it, in for one.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#2778 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:39 AM

I stopped reading after 9% video games are 13% fee with buy it now. none of anything else you said means anything when you can't even get that right
also paypal fees are almost 3%

yes any profit is profit, but when you are spending $300 to make a few dollars that is not worth it and a lot more risky. You have to calculate the risk vs reward.. and spending hundreds on something is a lot of risk and very little reward

9% if you put an item up as an auction style sale, which for a collectors edition you might get more out of. For a fixed price listing, the first $50 is 13%, the remaining balance is 5%. At $300 the percentages would tend to balance out, giving you 9% total. Maybe you need to make sure you get your facts right. You are right about the additional 3% paypal fees.

#2779 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:12 AM

Why no steelbook for Bioshock Infinite? Boo.

Formerly known as slickkill77

#2780 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:33 AM

I dunno I feel as tho the special editions will come cheap later down the road for bioshock. When I worked at target, they had #2 sitting there forever before it went on clearance. Same with the best buy. AWD for me on this one.

#2781 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:42 AM

I dunno I feel as tho the special editions will come cheap later down the road for bioshock. When I worked at target, they had #2 sitting there forever before it went on clearance. Same with the best buy. AWD for me on this one.

It's just really hard to tell nowadays. Things like the Loot Chest that turned out to be less impressive than we all assumed it would be sold out months before release and never were really restocked other than in very small quantities. Bioshock 2 CE seemed like it should have been much more limited than it was given the vinyl record and some of the other items it contained. This seems like it could go either way since nothing in it really seems that hard to produce and the consensus seems to be that an extra $70 is a lot for a statue. It doesn't hurt to preorder one now since on Amazon or GS or Best Buy you can always cancel down the road.

#2782 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:00 AM

It's just really hard to tell nowadays. Things like the Loot Chest that turned out to be less impressive than we all assumed it would be sold out months before release and never were really restocked other than in very small quantities. Bioshock 2 CE seemed like it should have been much more limited than it was given the vinyl record and some of the other items it contained. This seems like it could go either way since nothing in it really seems that hard to produce and the consensus seems to be that an extra $70 is a lot for a statue. It doesn't hurt to preorder one now since on Amazon or GS or Best Buy you can always cancel down the road.

Yeah...I would be kicking myself if it went on clearance later while I paid $150+ for it. I really hope they could just include a really nice statue that is not made out of plastic, I wouldn't mind paying extra for something I could proudly display on my shelf or desk.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#2783 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:21 AM

ordered the songbird edition, im a huge bioshock fan, expect this game to be amazing

#2784 raiden_86

raiden_86

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:06 AM

so you're paying $70 for the statue? What if the game just plain sucks? I guess I'm just not a collector because some games don't live up to the hype (RE6) and I feel it would depreciate in value, plus you can get the game for $10 - $20 cheaper a month later, ( Dishonored is $40 shipped and it just came out). Any thoughts from the collectors here? I don't mean to troll your thread, but I just want some perspective on this. However, I'm a bioshock fan and I might get the Standard Special Edition for the lithograph & artbook so maybe thats reason enough.

#2785 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:11 AM

not that excited about bioshock so ill pass.

#2786 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:31 AM

You are forgetting Paypal fees which are another 3%. So, it's really about $36 in total fees on $300 which still leaves $64 in net profit assuming you are in a state with roughly 10% tax like California. Of course, it doesn't factor in your time, gas back and forth from wherever you bought the item from and to the post office, plus packing supplies and the risk that something could go wrong and you could end up eating the whole thing if a bidder complains for any reason. So, yes, you can make a little bit of money but it hardly seems like it's worth all the effort.

I sell on ebay to hopefully make just enough to pay for my gaming and it works out usually. I honestly don't think I've spent any of my actual job money on video gaming in a couple years now. I come close quite a bit but things have so far ended up working out to where I don't need to use my actual income. I'm not a big time reseller though either. I'm sure others probably make much more and do better with it than me.

Basically imo it is worth it in the long run if you know what you're doing. Sure sometimes things go wrong but so far I haven't ended up completely screwed on much. I ended up having to send one person a game twice so lost out on $100 or so on that.

Also it's very risky selling codes, Xbox codes particularly. I do it sometimes but wouldn't recommend it at all. I've been screwed a few times there since the type that buys those codes also happen to be douche bags...but other than that I haven't had any major problems.

As for gas money, you can do home pick up if you're shipping at least one item priority via USPS. No need to go to the post office. Not sure about other services but that's what I usually do.

Edited by ShockandAww, 19 October 2012 - 11:43 AM.

#2787 solarnoise

solarnoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:06 PM

Wow... EXTREMELY disappointed with the Bioshock Infinite CE's... they really don't feel as thematic/cohesive as the amazing Bioshock 2 Limited Edition...

I mean the B2 LE felt like it actually came from the game's universe... the vinyl soundtrack, the huge artbook, and propaganda posters! Not to mention the beautiful box which is a display piece in itself when you remove the slipcover... the whole thing felt like an artifact from the game's universe.

This Infinite CE feels so tacked together with the "usual" elements...a mini artbook? A DIGITAL soundtrack? A couple of mini novelty items? And a STATUE *rolls eyes*

They really dropped the ball on it, thematically. I don't know what I'd expect to have as an artifact from a flying steampunk city, but this isn't it.

Again, as a Bioshock fan... hugely disappointed. I'll hold out and buy it on BB's website for 30 bucks in a year or so.

#2788 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:28 PM

Yes, true for Bio2... but as my fellow CAGs reminded me, the FIRST Bio had a LE and that one is a gem indeed.

Dill The Noise.

471350.png

#2789 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:42 PM

I pre ordered to avoid another Borderlands 2. As long as it's still in stock around release, I'm going to cancel.

#2790 outerfox

outerfox

Allow Ants Peas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

so you're paying $70 for the statue? What if the game just plain sucks? I guess I'm just not a collector because some games don't live up to the hype (RE6) and I feel it would depreciate in value, plus you can get the game for $10 - $20 cheaper a month later, ( Dishonored is $40 shipped and it just came out). Any thoughts from the collectors here? I don't mean to troll your thread, but I just want some perspective on this. However, I'm a bioshock fan and I might get the Standard Special Edition for the lithograph & artbook so maybe thats reason enough.

I usually try to get Collector's Editions of big releases if the game strikes my fancy. However with Bioshock... I just can't justify spending an extra $70 for a 9" statue. Some people probably do think it's worth it though. I guess I've just started becoming more selective when buying Collector's Edition.

However it does make me worry that seeing this, Eidos is going to pull the same thing with Tomb Raider. Offer a $79.99 edition and then the one with the Lara statue will be $149.99. Hell, I couldn't justify the $20 price hike for Assassin's Creed 3 collector's edition. Once they go beyond $99.99, it's kind of ludicrous, especially since if you enjoy the game then you'll be roped into buying the DLC for between $10-20 a pop.