Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5516 replies to this topic

#2791 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:15 PM

I usually try to get Collector's Editions of big releases if the game strikes my fancy. However with Bioshock... I just can't justify spending an extra $70 for a 9" statue. Some people probably do think it's worth it though. I guess I've just started becoming more selective when buying Collector's Edition.

However it does make me worry that seeing this, Eidos is going to pull the same thing with Tomb Raider. Offer a $79.99 edition and then the one with the Lara statue will be $149.99. Hell, I couldn't justify the $20 price hike for Assassin's Creed 3 collector's edition. Once they go beyond $99.99, it's kind of ludicrous, especially since if you enjoy the game then you'll be roped into buying the DLC for between $10-20 a pop.

Borderlands 2 started this by selling out of there $150 ultimate loot edition. Now all developers are doing the same. We can't blame anybody but our selves for this new trend.

#2792 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:04 PM

Borderlands 2 started this by selling out of there $150 ultimate loot edition. Now all developers are doing the same. We can't blame anybody but our selves for this new trend.

Maybe it'll finally mean a limited edition will mean just that. The only reason Borderlands 2 ULC sold so well was because they were indeed limited. I know I wouldn't have kept mine if the market got hit with another huge wave of them. It's like a slap in the face to all their fans.

#2793 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:18 PM

Yes, true for Bio2... but as my fellow CAGs reminded me, the FIRST Bio had a LE and that one is a gem indeed.

Mass Effect's CE is also much more rare than 2 or 3s. Bioshock was a new IP, so they didn't produce as much. My guess is the Bioshock Infinite one will be less common than 2's, but still abundant.

Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest had a ton of stuff in it, including the chest that looked great in videos. There's been tons of $150 CEs before Borderlands 2, so I don't know why you're blaming BL2. Skyrim? All those giant boxes with helmets etc?

#2794 The Burnin8or

The Burnin8or

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:21 PM

Not sure if it was already mentioned or not but I just noticed Amazon has listings up for Metal Gear Solid Revengeance Limited Edition, although no pics:

PS3

#2795 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

Mass Effect's CE is also much more rare than 2 or 3s. Bioshock was a new IP, so they didn't produce as much. My guess is the Bioshock Infinite one will be less common than 2's, but still abundant.

Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest had a ton of stuff in it, including the chest that looked great in videos. There's been tons of $150 CEs before Borderlands 2, so I don't know why you're blaming BL2. Skyrim? All those giant boxes with helmets etc?

It's true, the only thing that BL2 did was make it without a statue, meanwhile, this has what looks like a great statue, long as it's not cheaply made(which is what I fear). But based on the Big Daddy with the original, I would say it'll probably be fine.

#2796 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:32 PM

The price for just the statue is ridiculous. Come on now. $99 or $119 and I might of bit, but $70 more?

Posted Image

#2797 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:37 PM

Not sure if it was already mentioned or not but I just noticed Amazon has listings up for Metal Gear Solid Revengeance Limited Edition, although no pics:

PS3

Put in an order for the PS3, Thanks.

#2798 Layd Dly

Layd Dly

LEGEND..wait for it..DARY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:44 PM

PS3

After seeing their LE's actually be limited i put one in now to secure a spot.

Battle.net: Vinomen#1986
76561197994706915.pngAddFriend.png
168249.png

#2799 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:37 PM

I just wanted to let people know that Amazon isn't taking preorders on the Adventure Time CEs anymore. I'm not sure if they're just temporarily out of stock or what's going on, but if you were interested in the CE for DS or 3DS, you might want to check with Gamestop.

#2800 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:32 PM

I just wanted to let people know that Amazon isn't taking preorders on the Adventure Time CEs anymore. I'm not sure if they're just temporarily out of stock or what's going on, but if you were interested in the CE for DS or 3DS, you might want to check with Gamestop.

I saw that just a couple of minutes ago. I've had it in my cart waiting for a couple of credits from SB and then it told me it was taken out. Hoping GS has preorders still when I go tonight.

#2801 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:43 PM

Just preordered on of each BI CE for 360. If the songbird is actually limited, I'll keep that one, otherwise it's premium for me!
This space reserved in memory of one of the greatest heroes we will ever know. He faced insurmountable odds and sacrificed all for what he believed in. He died so that we could delay the inevitable. His name shall be honored forever, and his legend inscribed into the annals of history forever. And his name was...

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.
http://gamercard.xbo...ertag=Mr Dude65

#2802 jupiterjones

jupiterjones

WHAT THE CUSS!?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:51 PM

Too much extra for a statue I'll never be able to display anywhere. Placed a preorder on Amazon for the Premium edition (although that edition that be readily available like BS2's was, so might end up cancelling down the road).

Jupiter_Jones.png

Check out my blog on music, gaming, wrestling, movies etc etc. It doesn't totally suck!

http://abloggymess.com/

#2803 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:14 PM

Someone can have the 360 BLOPS2 Care Package I just canceled on Amazon. Enjoy.

#2804 Multibeaster79

Multibeaster79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:58 PM

Placed an order for Songbird and the special edition. I'll cancel the $150 one if it's not that limited or if the statue isn't $70 nice (there's been a few I've really liked-- Darth Malgus was prob the best this year).

I'm really curious to see the Kratos statue because I think Sony is hitting a real sweet spot with that CE.

Finally... I'm kinda second guessing my AC3 CE from GS. I love the Ubisoft packaging (similar to what the other poster mentioned about Bioshock 2 CE being an "artifact" from that universe) but I really want the flag and statue. Kinda makes me wish there was a "complete" CE for AC3 w everything from both editions...

#2805 Croozer

Croozer

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:15 AM

Bioshock Songbird edition is no longer available at amazon. Maybe these things are actually limited.

#2806 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:27 AM

Wow maybe the statue will actually be of high quality (something they can't mass produce) if amazon already sold out of there allotment.

#2807 Edzo04

Edzo04

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:43 AM

Wow maybe the statue will actually be of high quality (something they can't mass produce) if amazon already sold out of there allotment.

with a box that fancy how can it not be

#2808 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:51 AM

Bioshock Songbird edition is no longer available at amazon. Maybe these things are actually limited.

Wow, makes me wish I preordered that instead of Premium.
Posted Image

#2809 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:52 AM

Probably a precaution... I doubt they'd produce so few of these that it would sold out so fast. That or, the hoarders are really started to stock up. They might have just taken it down until they clarify things.

It's still up on GS.

Currently playing:

:3ds: Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds - :) 
:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#2810 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:31 AM

glad I preordered the song bird, let's see how this goes. Wish they would announce how many they are producing to eliminate the guessing game.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#2811 D.Choy

D.Choy

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:15 AM

It's just easier to preorder on amazon because they don't charge anything whereas gamestop in store charges a flat $25.

Maybe this edition is really actually limited though. We will see in a couple more days. If it goes OoS on Gamestop.com we know what we are in for.

#2812 psihog

psihog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:33 AM

Bioshock Infinite UE preorder is available from BB and GS now.

#2813 MidnightMarauder74

MidnightMarauder74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:53 PM

Bioshock Infinite UE preorder is available from BB and GS now.

Thanks for the heads up. I missed out on preordering Borderlands 2 ULCE before it sold out but was lucky enough to find it at an MS store after release date. I don't want to take another chance so I preordered from BB. Used a GC and RZ Cert to bring the price down a bit and make it a little easier to click on the preorder button.

#2814 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:07 PM

wow cant believe Songbird edition sold out that quickly, happy i preordered mine

#2815 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:16 PM

Wow, makes me wish I preordered that instead of Premium.

No way it's limited. Amazon had to remove it due to an error. All three versions have now been removed, including the photos.

#2816 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:12 AM

Walking Dead CE. Game (eps 1-5) with Walking Dead Compendium Vol 1 (issues 1-48), special artwork. $69.99

http://m.ign.com/art...-bundle-details

#2817 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:15 AM

Walking Dead CE. Game (eps 1-5) with Walking Dead Compendium Vol 1 (issues 1-48), special artwork. $69.99

Bleh wish it came with the newer book. Would have gotten it.

#2818 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:50 AM

OH MAN WANT!

"PS3 and 360 only"

DAMN YOU GOD. DAMN YOU!
Posted Image

#2819 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:56 AM

OH MAN WANT!

"PS3 and 360 only"

DAMN YOU GOD. DAMN YOU!

Hopefully this week there will be an official announcement with better pics and platform details.

#2820 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:40 AM

Bleh wish it came with the newer book. Would have gotten it.

Thanks for posting about the newer compendium's release. Managed to finally have a use for one of the myriad coupons that Barne's and Noble has been sending me. Spent $33.05 versus $35.99 from Amazon.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/