Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5516 replies to this topic

#2821 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:22 PM

IGN Just spilled the beans on the awesome looking Walking Dead Collectors Edition. Unfortunately it looks like a GameStop exclusive, but I think the extra $40 is well spent.

Posted Image

The set will be available for $69.99 on December 4th and includes:
  • A disc containing all five episodes of the game
  • The Walking Dead Compendium One (which normally retails for $59.99 and includes the first 48 issues) with exclusive Charlie Adlard cover art
  • A Collector’s Edition box featuring Charlie Adlard artwork
Full story: http://www.ign.com/a...-bundle-details

Nothing on GameSpot's website yet for the collector edition, but I'll be keeping my eyes open for it.

Also note that you can get the season pass if you only want the digital version for just $19.99

16Z462z.jpg

#2822 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:29 PM

IGN Just spilled the beans on the awesome looking Walking Dead Collectors Edition. Unfortunately it looks like a GameStop exclusive, but I think the extra $40 is well spent.

Posted Image

• The Walking Dead Compendium One (which normally retails for $59.99 and includes the first 48 issues) with exclusive Charlie Adlard cover art

Nothing on GameSpot's website yet for the collector edition, but I'll be keeping my eyes open for it.

Also note that you can get the season pass if you only want the digital version for just $19.99

Yeah I posted this last night at least they have a good pic up now instead of the flyer.

#2823 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:38 PM

Posted Image

So yeah, they decided to shit all over PC gamers.

So now, I'll just buy the game during the Steam winter sale, and get the compendium on Amazon. http://www.amazon.co...dead compendium

Don't get that sweet box art, but I save $20 or so over buying that set.
Posted Image

#2824 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:59 PM

Walking Dead CE. Game (eps 1-5) with Walking Dead Compendium Vol 1 (issues 1-48), special artwork. $69.99

http://m.ign.com/art...-bundle-details

Is this up on GS already? I can't find it...

I've been interested in the series (never read the comic or saw the show) so this would be a nice set since I can read it and play the games.

Currently playing:
:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#2825 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:14 AM

Has best buy start pre orders for bioshock songbird edition in stores. went to one today only had the special edition of it. had to get it gamestop. needed that 25 deposit for halo. but I guess since I don't mind since It might sell out

#2826 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:07 AM

Is this up on GS already? I can't find it...

I've been interested in the series (never read the comic or saw the show) so this would be a nice set since I can read it and play the games.

The comic is better than the show, but the show is still entertaining. This is basically issues 1-48 (a little less than half of the series) with a different cover.

#2827 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:13 AM

When I head into my Gamestop to pick up my Zone of the Enders CE next week I'll be sure to pre-order The Walking Dead CE. Not gonna miss out on that.

#2828 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:18 AM

I have already read the first 48 digitally but this may be what gets me to buy the paper version.

#2829 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:03 AM

Already have the first 48 in the normal cover. If it had been the second compendium, I would have bought it.

But yea, I know it's unrealistic to include the second one.

#2830 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:40 PM

It's a nice looking set, though I feel like it should have come with just a little more than the compendium. I've only read the first 23 or so of the issues digitally and I have the first 2 episodes free through PS Plus so I probably won't get it. The new cover art for the box and book looks pretty awesome though

#2831 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:29 PM

The Walking Dead CE is up on Gamestop now. They say it's "Extremely Limited Pre-Order ONLY"

The Walking Dead Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
GameStop Exclusive. Extremely Limited/Pre-orders Only

Posted Image

Includes:
  • Extremely Limited Pre-Order ONLY
  • Collector's Edition box
  • Game Case
  • Game Disc
  • The Walking Dead Compendium 1 featuring exclusive Charlie Adlard cover art. Over 1,000 pages collecting the first 48 issues of Robert Kirkman's award-winning comic book series.

Release: 12/04/2012
Price: $69.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop Exclusive: PS3 - 360

Edited by ssjmichael, 22 October 2012 - 05:44 PM.

#2832 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:56 PM

The Walking Dead CE is up on Gamestop now. They say it's "Extremely Limited Pre-Order ONLY"

Due the level of extremely extreme limited extremeness, I ordered 1 for PS3. Thanks, ssjmichael!

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#2833 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

The Walking Dead Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
GameStop Exclusive. Extremely Limited/Pre-orders Only

Posted Image

Includes:

• Extremely Limited Pre-Order ONLY
  • Collector's Edition box
  • Game Case
  • Game Disc
  • The Walking Dead Compendium 1 featuring exclusive Charlie Adlard cover art. Over 1,000 pages collecting the first 48 issues of Robert Kirkman's award-winning comic book series.

Release: 12/04/2012
Price: $69.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop Exclusive: PS3 - 360

Extremely Limited: only 500,000 copies produced!!!! Haha, jk. I preordered because I was going to get it anyhow. Lets see how "limited" this actually is.

#2834 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:30 PM

It doesn't even allow you to choose in-store pickup, so it may be limited like they claim. This is the first CE like this that I've seen, so maybe they are shipping them out directly and that will be it?

I know the Dead or Alive 5 CE was limited, but it at least let you choose in-store pickup.

#2835 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:40 PM

Bad CE if you ask me. This late into the comics they should have used the compendium 2.

Most people interested in the comic or the game have either got it digitally or they already read the comics. Its good if you're a brand new, noob to walking dead.

needler420.png

#2836 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:47 PM

It doesn't even allow you to choose in-store pickup, so it may be limited like they claim. This is the first CE like this that I've seen, so maybe they are shipping them out directly and that will be it?

I know the Dead or Alive 5 CE was limited, but it at least let you choose in-store pickup.

Many CE and LE games don't allow store pickup. That doesn't mean you can't preorder them from your local store or that they are necessarily more limited than games that do allow store pickup.

#2837 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

Limited or not. Not interested in the game (love the show though), so ill pass.

#2838 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

Many CE and LE games don't allow store pickup. That doesn't mean you can't preorder them from your local store or that they are necessarily more limited than games that do allow store pickup.

Ah ok, I didn't know that. It's been a really long time since I've ordered from their Web site.

#2839 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:37 PM

Songbird edition of Bioshock Infinite is up again.

I'll see if this sells out. If not, I'm canceling my order.

Posted Image

#2840 Covnam

Covnam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:59 PM

I pre-ordered the Premium Edition for Bioshock from amazon for the PC. That statue is nice, but it isn't very appealing to me.
Btw, did anyone get a code from amazon for that Industrial Revolution game? I pre-ordered before the bonus was listed, so I'm not sure if I should bother contacting amazon, or if they just haven't started sending them out yet...

#2841 Thrakker

Thrakker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:28 PM

I preordered a Songbird last week, and then preordered a Premium edition today, after the notice about Industrial Revolution went up, as I'm not sure about the statue. No code yet for either.

#2842 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:30 PM

I got a code for the Songbird preorder.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#2843 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:38 PM

I read on one of the Amazon comments that the Songbird statue is a resin cast and not a PVC statue. Are any of you big into statues? I'm assuming the resin cast is better and worth more than a PVC statue, but have there been any other resin cast statue CEs that I could use as a comparison? I googled it and it looks like resin casts are a lot more fragile.

#2844 El Toro Fuerte

El Toro Fuerte

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:15 PM

No steelbook for the Bioshock Infinite is kinda getting me to thinkg about cancelling.. Will have to see how many sell.

#2845 D.Choy

D.Choy

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

No steelbook for the Bioshock Infinite is kinda getting me to thinkg about cancelling.. Will have to see how many sell.

Pretty much this. You are better off buying the Standard Edition and then opting to get the Art of Bioshock Infinite book. It will actually be a full fledged art book instead of one of those tiny ones that are typically the size of a game box.

#2846 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:26 PM

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD Collection Limited Edition is up again.

999+ copies available.

#2847 fuchikoma

fuchikoma

you don't need a 2mb sig

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:07 AM

Is the ACIII Encyclopedia edition on Amazon just a bundle? No exclusive packaging?
MAX 330 MEGA
PRO-GEAR SPEC

#2848 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:28 AM

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD Collection Limited Edition is up again.

999+ copies available.

so much for these being limited

#2849 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:34 AM

Japan's Premium Edition of MGR: Revengeance
Posted Image

And then if you get the Konamistyle Premium Package you get this Raiden Figurine:

Posted Image

#2850 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:39 AM

so much for these being limited

The 360 version is still sold out at amazon, , and it's only available at two retailers so I would still say it's limited. Come back a few months after it's been released and see if it's still readily available.