Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5516 replies to this topic

#2881 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:22 PM

Defintely not a glitch. My 4 PS3 game orders were all done separately - at different times. I, too, logged in to the UK site with my US account. I was only denied when trying to order any 360 versions - perhaps Amazon 'knows' PS3 is region free (PSN codes aside)...

It doesn't work with every PS3 game either though. I couldn't order Of Orcs and Men. In any event, the policy page hasn't been updated and it still lists games as not able to be shipped to the US. Maybe this is an experiment or maybe it's permanent, but I can guarantee once the publishers and distributors get wind of this, they are going to go after Amazon like crazy, so enjoy it while you can.

#2882 jedimario

jedimario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:36 PM

Amazon does know that the games are region free as I had a problem where I received a UK version of a Square Enix game. When I called to complain, they were like well it's region free... Unfortunately, Amazon, point cards are not region free so it's not the "same" :cry:

#2883 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:22 PM

CE for Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (UK) edition was announced today. It's a Zavvi exclusive and supposedly only 25,000 will be made. Available now for £99.99.

Xbox360
PS3

Includes:

• A copy of the game.
  • Play Arts KAI 30cm Raiden White Armor figurine.
  • White Armor Raiden DLC code, which adds increased capacity to carry life-recovery items.

The steelbooks are not included with the Zavvi CE and are only available from GAME or "independent stores" depending on the steelbook:

"Additionally, Konami is offering two pre-order incentives. The first, a Yoji Shinkawa-illustrated steelbook cover and download code for Raiden’s Inferno Armor (which increases the number of throwing weapons Raiden can carry), is available exclusively at GAME stores. The second, a steelbook cover featuring a render of Raiden and download code for the Raiden Commando Armor (which allows him access to a larger number of projectile weapons), will be available through independent stores."

Source & more pics of the CE items and steelbooks from the other stores here: http://gematsu.com/2...ition-announced

Zavvi CE pics
Spoiler

GAME pre-order Steelbook pics:
Spoiler

"Independent stores" pre-order Steelbook pics

Spoiler

Edited by barrit, 31 October 2012 - 06:33 PM.

#2884 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:31 PM

I'm going to be spending like $500 on all the Metal Gear Rising CE's... :/

Check out my YouTube channel for collection updates, games industry discussion, and game analysis!
http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

My Blog for more in depth looks at video games (and even anime!): http://helldestroyer77.blogspot.com/

#2885 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

Oh hell no. I'm getting that one instead. DAMN that looks nice.

#2886 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:53 PM

Oh hell no. I'm getting that one instead. DAMN that looks nice.

Yea, the steelbooks look sweet as hell too, especially the illustrated one. Too bad it doesn't sound like neither will be included with the Zavvi edition.

*I added the additional info to my post.

#2887 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:31 PM

Yea, the steelbooks look sweet as hell too, especially the illustrated one. Too bad it doesn't sound like neither will be included with the Zavvi edition.

*I added the additional info to my post.

Awesome, barrit! Thanks for posting!

Came out to $200 USD.

Edited by blinknot4, 31 October 2012 - 07:20 PM.

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#2888 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

Maybe Amazon.de will have bonus steelbook for $10 each without pre-ordering.

#2889 proKoyeon

proKoyeon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

would be awesome if zavvi had the steelbook...free shipping is always nice - def ordering from them if it's offered

#2890 SPVietBoy

SPVietBoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:37 PM

Well... Fuck. I may have to order those. Damn...

#2891 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:59 PM

To me, this figure is much more desirable than the lamp. Zavvi gets my money this time. Now if the Euro could drop a little more...

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#2892 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:28 PM

I wonder if squeenix will sell the Play Arts Kai figure separately.

#2893 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

would be awesome if zavvi had the steelbook...free shipping is always nice - def ordering from them if it's offered

If it's a Zavvi exclusive, wouldn't they have to have the steelbook?

Check out my YouTube channel for collection updates, games industry discussion, and game analysis!
http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Blog for more in depth looks at video games (and even anime!): http://helldestroyer77.blogspot.com/

#2894 proKoyeon

proKoyeon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:57 PM

If it's a Zavvi exclusive, wouldn't they have to have the steelbook?

naw, that edition doesn't have a steelbook...i think its just an incentive for pre-ordering the game from those other retailers

#2895 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:10 PM

Zavvi will get both exclusive edition and the raiden steelbook for standard/exclusive pre-order since they mentioned independent stores.

#2896 SkiLLs7984

SkiLLs7984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:17 PM

So possibly a dumb question, I'd love to get the Xbox version of the zavvi limited edition version with the figure. But I wouldn't even be able to play the game right due to region issues? So really id just be paying for the sake of the figure? Never imported before, thanks for your patience and time :).

#2897 sephiroth61787

sephiroth61787

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:35 PM

Really want to get the Zavvi edition with the GAME steelbook. Will game ship the steelbook to the US if you preorder from their site? I've never preordered with them but have heard that international orders don't always get the preorder bonuses....

#2898 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:48 PM

So possibly a dumb question, I'd love to get the Xbox version of the zavvi limited edition version with the figure. But I wouldn't even be able to play the game right due to region issues? So really id just be paying for the sake of the figure? Never imported before, thanks for your patience and time :).

Most Xbox 360 games released in Europe are region locked. PS3 games are not. So, chances are you would not be able to play the 360 version on a stock 360.

#2899 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:52 PM

I wonder if squeenix will sell the Play Arts Kai figure separately.

Yes

http://www.hlj.com/product/ENX31699

#2900 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:09 PM

It usually goes by publisher. EA and Konami do tend to be region locked. Namco Bandai usually is. Ubisoft, on the other hand, never are. Etc.

#2901 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:19 AM

Maybe Amazon.de will have bonus steelbook for $10 each without pre-ordering.

:pray:

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#2902 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:06 AM

Do you guys use your steelbooks? I really want to use mine I got for AC3 at best buy but I don't want to scratch it and it sort of bothers me that I have 2 cases for the same game especially when one is just sitting there empty. Also, it's a pain to get the disc out of the holder, I always feel like I'm going to crack the inner ring if the disc

#2903 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:14 AM

Do you guys use your steelbooks? I really want to use mine I got for AC3 at best buy but I don't want to scratch it and it sort of bothers me that I have 2 cases for the same game especially when one is just sitting there empty. Also, it's a pain to get the disc out of the holder, I always feel like I'm going to crack the inner ring if the disc

If you don't want to keep it, you can eBay it for $15-20.

#2904 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:19 AM

If you don't want to keep it, you can eBay it for $15-20.

Well I do want to keep it, and I've never sold anything on eBay before. I don't understand how to figure out the shipping costs lol. I've tried selling stuff on eBay before and nobody ever bids on it and I always check what other ppl are selling the item for. I figure its because I have 0 ratings

#2905 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:50 AM

I have lots of Steelbooks and I don't use them to store the games in them. I just buy them for collection purposes, I'm a sucker for Steelbooks. Also some of the Steelbooks is a b!tch to remove the game out when you try to push the middle plastic that holds it, don't want to risk breaking it.

#2906 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:59 AM

I have lots of Steelbooks and I don't use them to store the games in them. I just buy them for collection purposes, I'm a sucker for Steelbooks. Also some of the Steelbooks is a b!tch to remove the game out when you try to push the middle plastic that holds it, don't want to risk breaking it.

What do you use to store the games that only come with steelbooks?

#2907 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:16 AM

What do you use to store the games that only come with steelbooks?

I have some blank PS3/360 cases that I use.

#2908 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:19 AM

I have a ton of steelbooks and I actually use them. I'm not a collector that keeps things sealed or plan to resell anything years from now. If that ever changes, I'll just be clear about the conditions they are in. It is harder to remove the discs, but I've never had that much trouble with them.

#2909 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:39 AM

Great tip depending on the type of Steelbook you are having trouble taking disc out feeling like it will break: Use fingernail clippers on the little plastic nubs protruding. For some reason the spindle in steelbooks have them I noticed. After I clipped those, it snaps in/out fine no worries of it being too lose or tight.

If the game comes separate from the steelbook, maybe just strip the case down as a backup for some other game, while keeping the manual with steelbook.

#2910 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

ive never bought anything from zavvi before, but ive just placed an order for the metal gear rising. should i expect the box to be worn out when I receive it? i live in the US.

also has anyone preordered the european Injustice: Gods Among Us? if so from which store? i cant find it on zavvi. i have one placed on amazon.com right now, but if i can import the european one, ill cancel it

if you guys have better store recommendations to preorder from, please do share :)