Saints Row 1 + 2 (360) 19.99 @ Amazon

God dang it, I just bought a copy of SR2 not too long for about 17 bucks. Should've waited for this.

SR2 has to be played in co-op, so much fun.

Either way thanks kayatai :D

[quote name='kayatai']Quick google search says that the pack does not include any of the DLC.[/QUOTE]

Is any of the DLC worth buying for single player or is it just multiplayer type stuff?

I sold off my copy of Saint's Row 2 a year ago....might pick up this one again. Is there anyone still playing the online multiplayer on SR2?

[quote name='blindinglights']Is any of the DLC worth buying for single player or is it just multiplayer type stuff?[/QUOTE]

I must admit I have no idea, hopefully someone who's played the game and DLC can comment for us.

Saints Row 2 is my most played game on the 360. I cannot believe how much fun that game is. I'm beyond hyped for SR3.

Saints Row 2 is one of my favorite games of all time... and I didn't even get the chance to play it co-op. It's that good.

Buy it if you even consider it for just a second.

Saints Row 2 is definitely among the best games of this console generation.

Thanks. I might get this since my SR1 is kind of scratched and my SR2 is gone because my sister's boyfriend sold it. (Sold his 360 and forgot to take the game out)

For anyone who has not played either of these yet, this is an awesome deal. Both games were very fun and with 3 coming out, this is a good way to jump into the series.

Awesome games, great deal. I've been a GTA fan since the original on PSX, but was supremely disappointed in GTA4. I found the Saint's Row games to be way more fun, and they felt like they captured the spirit of the 3/VC era GTA games better than 4 did.

great deal. And you might as well play them so you know where Cheapy will fit in the story line in the 3rd installment ;)

I don't remember what the last GTA I played, but I know it was on PS2 or Original Xbox. It kind of got old quick, seemed like you did the same thing over and over. Also I played Infamous and it seemed kind of like a superhero GTA, and thought it was really underwhelming. Would I not like these games?

[quote name='hwmusic']I don't remember what the last GTA I played, but I know it was on PS2 or Original Xbox. It kind of got old quick, seemed like you did the same thing over and over. Also I played Infamous and it seemed kind of like a superhero GTA, and thought it was really underwhelming. Would I not like these games?[/QUOTE]they are similar. This game has more variety than the games you listed, IMO

I might jump on this if it is still on sale tomorrow. I all ready have the first one but I can get this pack and give my copy to a friend since the resale value is junk.

I passed on this for $10 at a pawn shop this past week, if they still have it next week I'll probably grab it. More of a GTA person though.

This would of been great deal for me if i didn't have saint row 1(i still need to finish that game)... o wells i will wait until the have saint row 2 for sale.

Am I the only person who thought SR1 was shitty and SR2 was barely an improvement? I didn't buy the hype before SR2 came out and I never saw the appeal once I actually sat down and played it. Co-op or not, SR2 is a boring and repetitive game. Then again, I thought GTA4 was a piece of shit too...

[quote name='crushtopher']Am I the only person who thought SR1 was shitty and SR2 was barely an improvement? I didn't buy the hype before SR2 came out and I never saw the appeal once I actually sat down and played it. Co-op or not, SR2 is a boring and repetitive game. Then again, I thought GTA4 was a piece of shit too...[/QUOTE]

I tried to play SR2 co-op with a friend and we both found the gameplay pretty underwhelming and the controls even worse.

Personally, I was blown away by GT4 at first, but later in the game my mind started to wander. I also felt like the storyline cut scenes brought the game to a grinding halt.

[quote name='crushtopher']Am I the only person who thought SR1 was shitty and SR2 was barely an improvement? I didn't buy the hype before SR2 came out and I never saw the appeal once I actually sat down and played it. Co-op or not, SR2 is a boring and repetitive game. Then again, I thought GTA4 was a piece of shit too...[/QUOTE]

You're not alone. I found SR2 boring after a while and never finished it up. The missions seem repetitive and the story wasn't compelling. In comparison, I really enjoyed GTA:SA and have played it through twice, once when it came out and again when it went on XBLA sale recently.

I still have my SR2 save file sitting on my hard drive for whenever I find a copy again at the right price, but this isn't it for me. Never bothered with SR1. Decent deal on the twin pack, thanks for the heads up OP.

This is one of my many open world games I've put at least 10 hours into yet still have to complete the first mission. I just drive around shooting people in coop with my sister and have a blast doing it.

I'm glad i'm not the olny person that didnt like these games. Just something about them, I never could get into. I even tried playing SR2 3 different times and still did nothing for me. I really wanted to like them too.

I played and beat both of the Saints Row games and liked 2 a lot. I thought it was much more enjoyable than GTA4 but the graphics were not as great. Still it is all about the game play and Saints Row 2 was full of fun. I have not played them in years so I will pick them up at this price and play them again before 3 comes out. Good find and I placed my order with Amazon.

Saw this in my e-mail updates, been meaning to pick up one of these games so may as well buy them this way. Not a bad deal really.

bought this game on my PS3, after the guy escaped on the jail i stop playing it, i dont know why maybe the graphics or something, i did the same thing on GTA 4.

For whatever reason, I didn't dig SR2 (didn't play the first one), even though everyone else I know seemed to love it. I enjoyed the hell out of GTA IV (even though story-wise my mind began to wander near the end).
Still, at $20 for both this is a great deal if you're inclined towards this type of game...

I really think you need to play Sr1 to understand what is going on in sr2. It isn't like Gta where each game had a different storyline. I would have bought this package if it came with the Dlc. One is 560 points and the other is 800. The Dlc added to the story which was good. Saints row is a solid series.

I went for it, thanks for the heads up. I've been curious about this series for awhile, and at $20 for for games I had no reason to pass it up.

bread's done
Back