Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters @ TRU for $44.99/37.49 pre-order

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 07:20 PM

I mean, do we really even know? The game's not out yet. If I remember move supported was just kinda slapped on to last year's Tiger Woods, but I wouldn't be surprised, given EA's rather large push for the PS3 recently, if there were some major improvements.... personally I'm interested in either of the motion control options, I just think it might be too soon for the "this one's obviously going to be the better version" remarks

Exactly.

#62 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 07:31 PM

I mean, do we really even know? The game's not out yet. If I remember move supported was just kinda slapped on to last year's Tiger Woods, but I wouldn't be surprised, given EA's rather large push for the PS3 recently, if there were some major improvements.... personally I'm interested in either of the motion control options, I just think it might be too soon for the "this one's obviously going to be the better version" remarks

It's not out yet. I understand. What I said was that when the move (motion control) gets as good as the wii, it'll be the clear winner. The big drawback of the wii is the SD graphics. So if you can combine accurate motion control plus HD graphics (on PS3), wouldn't that be the winner?

#63 Ilikecoldbeverages

Ilikecoldbeverages

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 07:50 PM

It's not out yet. I understand. What I said was that when the move (motion control) gets as good as the wii, it'll be the clear winner.

I don't really think that needs clarifying, I get that you said the PS3 version has potential, what I'm arguing against is your initial remark that the Wii version will be this year's bread winner... you started the thread with "I'm getting the wii version for $3X.xx because its the preferred platform", and what I'm saying is "how do you know?"

#64 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 07:54 PM

What I said was that it was sweet that the wii one was cheaper cause it's the preferred version. This has been true for about 2-3 years now. Will the PS3 be better than the Wii in TW 12? I don't know. But I bet you $1 that the wii sells more this year. And I bet you another dollar it gets better reviews.

Other than personal preference, how else would you define "preferred"?

#65 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 07:58 PM

What do sales have to do with anything we're talking about here? Wii fanboy much? Saying it sells better on the Wii is pretty much a given, it also means jack shit here.

#66 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:04 PM

Actually I'll take that back. I'll bet you $1 on reviews.

I know ssjmichael wants DESPERATELY to make this a fanboy fight. And it's not. The only games i play on the wii are TW, Fire Emblem, and the trauma center series.

#67 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:07 PM

Clearly I'm not the only one who finds fault with your shaky argument or wording here. I'm just the one who aggressively debated you on it. I never put a gun to your head and told you to say "I bet you $1 that the wii sells more this year". What reasoning would someone even have for saying that in this context?

I'm not trying to make this a fanboy anything, I'm just calling it as I see it. If others here, or you yourself can explain why you think sales between the Wii and PS3 versions matter, then I'd love to here it.

#68 rzenger

rzenger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:08 PM

Let it go gentlemen, let it go

#69 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:08 PM

how about reviews?

would that satisfy your definition of "preferred"?

You're trying SO SO HARD to have a fan boy fight and I'm not biting. That's whats probably upsetting you more than the fact that I think the wii version is "preferred". :booty:

What do sales have to do with anything we're talking about here? Wii fanboy much?

I'm not trying to make this a fanboy anything,

lol.

Edited by confoosious, 28 February 2011 - 08:16 PM.
grammar

#70 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:10 PM

Sure, as soon as TW12 reviews come in, you can make a valid conclusion on which is the preferred platform. I just don't think we should make premature conclusions. I own both systems and if the Wii is above and beyond superior to the PS3 version (using Move) I'll certainly consider getting it instead.

#71 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:45 AM

This is from my e-mail confirmation for the game:

"Your credit or debit card will not be charged until your item(s) is shipped, at which time we will email you tracking information. Before your item(s) is shipped, your debit or credit card statement will show what looks like a deduction from your account. Please note, these funds have not been deducted but are being reserved within your account to ensure your order can be processed."

Awesome. Thanks for this.