Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (2/27/11 to 3/5/11)

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#61 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 07:24 PM

Got to resist from going to BB on Sunday.

Are you still working at TRU? Just curious since I haven't seen any clearance price drops lately.

Now playing:

:ps4: inFAMOUS: Second Son
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#62 thejnc

thejnc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:58 PM

what is Heavy Rain directors cut?

If amazon price matches I will be in for Heavy Rain, Modnation Racers and either Infamous or Killzone 2.

#63 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:31 PM

If I had the money, I'd go: Demon Souls, Uncharted 2 Game of the Year Edition, and God of War III.

The Buy 2 Get 1 free on $10 PSP games have my attention, would have liked a $14.99 or less as part of the deal instead. Not many $10 games I'm too interested in.

#64 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 01:42 AM

i need insight, do you guys expect 50 to be the best price for CoD: Black Ops for B&M ?

You misses several deals in the $40-$45 range best to wait for a B1G1 sale or a spend __get a __ gift card. Then again there's always used.

#65 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 01:45 AM

the ad also officially announces the PSP price drop to 129.99

it applies to all bundles, but it seems that all of the bundles have been discontinued with only the core bundle going to be staying in stock.

Just got the red and black GOW bundle for $130 they had the assassin's creed silver one and Hanna Montana there too.

#66 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 01:52 AM

Dead Space 2 for 42.xx sounds good since I JUST beat the first, but with my backlog debating if I want to bite now or later.

Also, here's hoping they have a deal on Pepsi 6 pack 24 oz bottles. I only have one left to last until the Sunday Grocery ads.

card.png

#67 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:21 AM

Wonder if heavy rain and U2 will be "GH" in BB system by the weekend?

I'll wait for a few of my CAGers to try this out first.

BTW, I'm just waiting until the B2G1 rinse/repeat madness starts again.........

edit: Just saw the ad. U2 will be in GH. Still not sure about HR.

Edited by aznhero913, 26 February 2011 - 05:09 AM.

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#68 kart007k

kart007k

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:33 AM

Uncharted 2, Heavy Rain and Modnation Racers will be mine.
"You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. " - Layer Cake

#69 juanawoman

juanawoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:02 AM

I've heard good things about TDU2. May have to pick it up. Thanks for posting, OP.

I don't know if an average of 69 on GameRankings is good. :lol:

#70 dudejeff22

dudejeff22

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:05 AM

Is this in store only or online as well? I can't find any mention of the B2G1 on Best Buy's website, even though it lists in store only deals...

If Uncharted 2 GOTY, Heavy Rain, and God of War III are in BB's system as GH I will be IN for this, either online or in store I don't care (online would be nice to avoid tax).

#71 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:21 PM

$280 for the guitar???

I'm bet they wish they had this ready at launch time.
Now, who really cares?

There's still an active 10% of silver rewards zone coupon expires 2/27, not sure if it will stack though.

#72 kaydigi

kaydigi

BK All Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:49 PM

Are you still working at TRU? Just curious since I haven't seen any clearance price drops lately.

I don't mess with any of the threads anymore after a mod closed one, while I still had relevant TV drops to post.

#73 cawthor

cawthor

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:08 PM

Will any stores price match a B2G1F promo? I have credit at Walmart, KMart and Gamestop I'd like to use on this deal.

#74 sublime90

sublime90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:24 PM

time to grab GoW3 now
Posted Image
I was half cut, im not slippin man i slipped! - Max Payne

#75 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:38 AM

Anyone have experience with the 'store pickup' indicator on the BB website? Every store in my area lists availablity as 'ship to store' for the games I was thinking of getting. Should I take that as they probably don't have any copies on the shelves...or is the website just not to be trusted?

Would rather save myself a trip that ends in disappointment, since that is usually my experience with Best Buy. However, it's hard to resist that GH sale with UC2 & Heavy Rain on the line.

*edit* As well, anyone have a rough idea when they restock?

Edited by NuclearPorkchop, 27 February 2011 - 12:49 AM.

Currently Playing:
:ps3: MGS Peace Walker HD

:360: n/a
:pc: Arkham Asylum; Hawken; Whatever Playfire tells me to play.

Add me on Steam, we'll play games and stuff:

#76 wrencrest

wrencrest

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:38 AM

Anyone have experience with the 'store pickup' indicator on the BB website? Every store in my area lists availablity as 'ship to store' for the games I was thinking of getting. Should I take that as they probably don't have any copies on the shelves...or is the website just not to be trusted?

Would rather save myself a trip that ends in disappointment, since that is usually my experience with Best Buy. However, it's hard to resist that GH sale with UC2 & Heavy Rain on the line.

*edit* As well, anyone have a rough idea when they restock?

Their stock locator supposedly only tells you if they have 3 of any particular item in store. So they could have 1 or 2 of a game, but it wont say it is in stock. So you have to call them or try your luck and go check.

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

#77 Trojann

Trojann

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:12 AM

Were the MvC3 deals at D:

Posted Image

#78 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:05 AM

Was also considering taking some games I had and trying to trade them in, but couldn't find definite answers on how to go about it anywhere. The BB website says my local store does 'video game trade-ins', but I was curious to know if they will just take my games & give me a gift-card for them right there, or if it was more or less just a drop-off point for them to send the games to some processing facility. I could only find info on their mail-in program, which does not interest me.

Also, I was curious if Best Buy holds items overnight.

Thanks.

Currently Playing:

#79 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:25 AM

Was also considering taking some games I had and trying to trade them in, but couldn't find definite answers on how to go about it anywhere. The BB website says my local store does 'video game trade-ins', but I was curious to know if they will just take my games & give me a gift-card for them right there, or if it was more or less just a drop-off point for them to send the games to some processing facility. I could only find info on their mail-in program, which does not interest me.

Also, I was curious if Best Buy holds items overnight.

Thanks.

Ive traded in games there before and they do it at customer service all in store. Takes a few minutes...the hold thing is ymmv but most people will unless they are mean :(
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#80 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:35 AM

Ah sweet. Thanks for the info.

Currently Playing:

#81 LouieT

LouieT

Posted 27 February 2011 - 05:57 AM

Link to flash ad

:ds: Preorder Pokemon Black or White for $5, get either Reshiram or Zekrom wall cling for free when you pick up the game on 3/6. In-store only.

:wii: Epic Mickey $39.99 + free Epic Mickey T-shirt. In-store only.
:wii: Michael Jackson The Experience $34.99

:360: Buy a Kinect sensor at $149.99, get $20 off any Kinect game in same purchase.

:360::ps3: Buy either Fight Night Champion or Bulletstorm at $59.99, get one of these games for $20 in same purchase:

• Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
  • Fallout New Vegas
  • Dead Space 2

#82 derby70

derby70

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 06:00 AM

Awesome. Thanks.

#83 asot

asot

Posted 27 February 2011 - 06:10 AM

Good deal for those who haven't picked up Dead space 2 yet like myself. I Think I will grab FNC and Dead space 2.

#84 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 06:18 AM

$280 for the guitar???

I'm bet they wish they had this ready at launch time.
Now, who really cares?

I do.

Got a $15 RZ cert...may use it here.
Posted Image

#85 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 06:19 AM

Get molested for $34.99? No thanks...

BUT thanks for the ad! :D

#86 mgford11

mgford11

Posted 27 February 2011 - 06:30 AM

If this promotion is an indicator of the sku's that'll work in-store, I'd say Heavy Rain is out.

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat233400050007

#87 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 06:39 AM

If this promotion is an indicator of the sku's that'll work in-store, I'd say Heavy Rain is out.

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat233400050007

They don't have "new" copies of Heavy Rain even on the website so it's hard to tell what's going on. HR was my 3rd title, though, so this deal may go down in flames. I guess I'll have to go over and check it out in store to see what they have.

#88 Donutkid2222

Donutkid2222

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 06:42 AM

I'm going to call and ask if they have Heavy Rain in stock tomorrow, and if it's a part of the deal. every best buy is so far, and was planning to trade in some games to get credit for the buy 2 and get 1 free.

#89 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 07:14 AM

Yeah, Heavy Rain is the deal maker/breaker for me. Now I play the waiting game...

Currently Playing:

#90 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 07:16 AM

Get molested for $34.99? No thanks...

BUT thanks for the ad! :D

Lol! That's one of the best post I've ever seen. I might get Epic Micky if I find a black Wii on AWD this week.