Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (2/27/11 to 3/5/11)

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#91 jazzman

jazzman

Carpe diem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 07:16 AM

Is Bulletstorm worth $40, if I pick up DS2?

#92 Zin_LG

Zin_LG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:19 AM

If Best Buy doesn't have a game on their website does it mean they don't stock them in store? I have a $10 gift card and since I have or played all of the $10 games I'd love to pick up Ys I&II Chronicles for $20. Since its not listed on the site I can't use the store locator to find it and I don't really want to go to every Best Buy to try and find it.

#93 dmdragon

dmdragon

Likes PIE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:53 AM

$280 for the guitar???

I'm bet they wish they had this ready at launch time.
Now, who really cares?

Umm, me. I will have this.

I made sure to work a bunch of OT this week so i could get it.

I am learning, and on a friends electric. This not only gets me an electric to learn on, it gets me pro mode on rb3, and it has a midi out, as per a big music website, the cheapest aside from some crappy youplay thing that isn't even full size is 1k for a midi out electric, so good deal.

#94 bilbobagins3

bilbobagins3

HHH Buries Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:00 PM

I have looked for fine print on the ad but i don't see anything about needing to buy both Fight Night and Bulletstorm if I wanted to get Fallout NV and Dead Space 2. I am really hoping that buying just one will automatically drop the others to $20 if I can get Bulletstorm, Dead Space 2, and Fallout NV for $100 I will be crazy happy. If not I'll forgo Fallout as the inevitable GOTY with all DLC will be out near the end of the year.

#95 F-Zero

F-Zero

Show me your moves!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:34 PM

Thanks for the Ad.

#96 Richard Longfellow

Richard Longfellow

Mr. Warmth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:38 PM

Get molested for $34.99? No thanks...

BUT thanks for the ad! :D

Well, what would you pay for it? The man can't give away his services for free.
"I renounce Verdukianism!"

#97 UlysisAM

UlysisAM

'Nuff Said...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:19 PM

Will any stores price match a B2G1F promo? I have credit at Walmart, KMart and Gamestop I'd like to use on this deal.

Walmart will usually price match if you bring in the circular.

#98 freakmojo

freakmojo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:22 PM

Too bad you can't buy Fight Night and get Bulletstorm for $20 :-(

#99 kearns710

kearns710

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:50 PM

Well, what would you pay for it? The man can't give away his services for free.

I'd let him do it for free ..then say he touched my pee pee, go to court and describe a generic penis ( veins, shaft, head, possibly hair) in front of the judge, get a settlement and be set for life... Cha-mon, he he!

#100 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:23 PM

Walmart will usually price match if you bring in the circular.

My Walmart has denied me on B2G1 and also trying to match Toys R Us for buy Fallout:NV get the strategy guide free. They stated that they only matched prices and they will not match any offers such as B2G1 or buy game A, get game B free. :-(
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#101 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:33 PM

i thought best buy had free shipping?
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#102 ultramanJ

ultramanJ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:49 PM

Hmmm...I'm disappointed that Heavy Rain doesn't seem to be part of the new greatest hits additions yet. I'd really like to pick that up for $20.

It is. And for those wondering, it is the Game of the Year version of Uncharted 2 that's gone GH.

#103 Donutkid2222

Donutkid2222

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 04:26 PM

You guy's call best buy that live on the east coast! Call and ask, plus the best buy ads *plus many more in store.

#104 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 04:47 PM

Can anyone answer this for me please.

I bought dead space 2 at toysrus on release week (still have it sealed) with some certificates that would now be expired. So can I get store credit back and re-use it to get an extra game for $20 since it's still within the 45 day period or will they not give me me the full credit since the certificates expired on jan 31.

Thanks.

#105 125125

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 05:00 PM

Isnt that Bulletstorm for $20 when you pick up DS2 since it doesnt say $20 dollars off.

#106 RespectTheChemistry

RespectTheChemistry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 05:09 PM

Was hoping for a better deal for FNC...oh well. Maybe I'll bite on New Vegas.

#107 IPlay4Fun

IPlay4Fun

Posted 27 February 2011 - 05:16 PM

fnc, ull get $15 in points at kmart. only other deal i know with that game

#108 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 05:47 PM

Isnt that Bulletstorm for $20 when you pick up DS2 since it doesnt say $20 dollars off.

How did you come up with this? The deal is pretty straight forward.

#109 Jiggaloj

Jiggaloj

Posted 27 February 2011 - 05:50 PM

No, it's buy Bulletstorm or FNC at $60 to get any of the games listed for $20.

#110 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 06:11 PM

I'm thinking more like 30ish. Pre-ordered the PS3 version through Amazon and almost done playing the campaign. Anarchy (Multiplayer) is fun if you can get into a game for the first couple rounds but because people on PS3 don't use mics it's hard to coordinate team skill shots and you have that one person that's out for #1 and steals your kills. Wish they didn’t take out the co-op out of echo at the last minute but I’m guessing that’s going to be a DLC in a month with EA’s track record.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#111 ryuzx

ryuzx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 06:12 PM

For anyone who cares, starting Sunday 3/6, when the Pokemon games come out, all DS games will be buy 1, get 1 half-off. Also, Sunday only, you buy either Black or White you'll also get some Black/White accessory pack for free.

#112 Achilles00

Achilles00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 06:42 PM

I'm thinking more like 30ish. Pre-ordered the PS3 version through Amazon and almost done playing the campaign. Anarchy (Multiplayer) is fun if you can get into a game for the first couple rounds but because people on PS3 don't use mics it's hard to coordinate team skill shots and you have that one person that's out for #1 and steals your kills. Wish they didn’t take out the co-op out of echo at the last minute but I’m guessing that’s going to be a DLC in a month with EA’s track record.

I agree. The single player campaign isn't anything incredible, but it is fun. The online co-op, however, is pretty crappy. Unlike Gears of War, where you have to survive each wave, here you have to earn a certain number of points, as a team, per round. It's easy to do up until round 12 or so. Then it becomes challenging, but not in a fun way. I found it repetitive and aggravating. That, and the maps are so small that there's not much variety to them. My brother and I played for about two hours and felt like we saw what there was to see.
Posted Image

#113 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 27 February 2011 - 06:56 PM

anyone have a complete list of this sale yet?

#114 UlysisAM

UlysisAM

'Nuff Said...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 07:13 PM

If you wanted Heavy Rain, you could always do the following (which is probably frowned upon):

Buy the two games you want plus one that's $30, return it to a store for a gift card and buy the game there.

#115 Toolnigma

Toolnigma

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 07:47 PM

Just went to the store.
Selection was even less than it is online (as far as PS3 games go).
No Heavy Rain, not even God Of War 3.
Plus the prices for some of the games are $10 more than you can buy them new from other reputable websites.

Was looking forward to this deal, but as it stands with the limited selections, this is a definite pass.

#116 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:03 PM

The "plus more in store" didn't work for me with the B2G1 PS3 GH. Took Assassins Creed, The Force Unleashed and Enslaved to the counter and the total came up to $64.xx. I enquired about the B2G1 for GH and the clerk went to the greeter to ask about it. She came back and said they didn't qualify because they were not featured in the ad. Each of these games were in their greatest hits section with the $19.99 price point.

Before I went to the checkout, I was talking with a guy from the games section about what games to pick out for the B2G1. He said nothing about the games I had chosen not qualifying for the promotion.

Anyone else have these issues?
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#117 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:13 PM

Enslaved isn't a Greatest Hits title.

Was able to pick up a black label Heavy Rain (1st edition, no ugly Move cover), black label GoW3 and Uncharted 2 GotY edition for 60+tax ... Sweet deal, even though I kind of was rebuying most of them.

#118 tigstah

tigstah

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:23 PM

Good deal for those who haven't picked up Dead space 2 yet like myself. I Think I will grab FNC and Dead space 2.

me too.....

#119 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:23 PM

According to Best Buy's website this is the complete list: http://www.bestbuy.c...cat233400050007

Others have reported Heavy Rain working but since that's not on Best Buy's website, it might just depend on whether or not your store has it.
Posted Image

#120 NDPsycho

NDPsycho

Magically Delicious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:27 PM

I can also confirm that Heavy Rain works. Yesterday they had it marked at $59.99. Today it was $29.99 and worked with the B2G1 sale. The store here only had two black label copies, both of which I picked up along with MNR, but it is included if you can still find one.