God of War III Ultimate Edition $24.99 @ GS Stores

DanteWarrior

CAGiversary!
Feedback
81 (100%)
If you can find one, the GOW3 Ultimate Edition is now sold as a used copy of GOW3 ($24.99)in all Gamestop stores.
Some stores still have them sealed but the UE SKU does not show up in their system anymore, so you can either call or check in person.

I saw one of these at one of the 4 gamestops I've been to in the last week or so. Problem is, if it's at the one that's 90 miles away...I don't wanna travel that far for this D:

What would I call and ask them to look for exactly? Just the GoW III Ultimate Edition? Or ask if they have any super used copies or what?

[quote name='darknight88']So OP did you buy one for $25? How you find it at that price? Will try tomorrow to find one. Thanx[/QUOTE]

I had bought one for $79.99 3 weeks back & was able to return & rebuy it at the new price.

[quote name='DanteWarrior']If you can find one, the GOW3 Ultimate Edition is now sold as a used copy of GOW3 ($24.99)in all Gamestop stores.
Some stores still have them sealed but the UE SKU does not show up in their system anymore, so you can either call or check in person.[/QUOTE]

I bought one of these at GS for $79.99 a couple weeks after release, but I'd buy a 2nd copy to keep sealed as a collectors item.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Hmm...is there no way to check stock online?[/QUOTE]

Not sure but I'm pretty sure this is the SKU: 270204 (ed: no, that's the normal ed.)

my mistake, it's 270231

Missed out when it was $20 at TRU and it looks like some nearby stores have 'em...giddyup.

Since this item is now considered "USED" in there system, does that mean that our EDGE/Powerup Cards will take off an additional 10%? If so, it might be worth mentioning in the OP for ignorant people like me. :)

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Yes, it is now "Used" like the Fallout 3 CE[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Thanks. So for most CAGs this will be $24.99 - $2.49 + Tax :)

Sucks I missed out on the Fallout 3 CE, but I paid like $40 for that also.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']...kinda want to buy it just for the box.[/QUOTE]

I traded in just the GOWIII game for $11.XX just last week. I don't know if the TIV is the same, but I'm assuming it is because GOWIII is still $24.99. You could just trade in the game and keep the box and extras. Even better would be if you have your copy still, trade it in for $11 and put it towards the special edition. Then you'd only be $14 out of pocket for pandora's box and extras and a brand spanking new copy of the game. :applause:

oh man says the gamestop down road from me has 1 or more in stock. hoping they do as ill stop by on way to work tomorrow.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I traded in just the GOWIII game for $11.XX just last week. I don't know if the TIV is the same, but I'm assuming it is because GOWIII is still $24.99. You could just trade in the game and keep the box and extras. Even better would be if you have your copy still, trade it in for $11 and put it towards the special edition. Then you'd only be $14 out of pocket for pandora's box and extras and a brand spanking new copy of the game. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Eh, I should point out that I don't even own a PS3.

That link won't be that accurate because that is saying it's new and the game has been converted to Used versions of the normal GOW3. It might be a good base to check, but this may show at stores that don't have it and may not show at stores that do have it based on that stock checker link.

Is calling about stock a bad idea? I know it is usually a bad idea regarding clearance stuff, steep sale glitches, etc., but it seems like they could just turn around and look in the case for this one. I'd like the input of an existing or former GS employee specifically if there are any out there.

[quote name='supershammy']Is calling about stock a bad idea? I know it is usually a bad idea regarding clearance stuff, steep sale glitches, etc., but it seems like they could just turn around and look in the case for this one. I'd like the input of an existing or former GS employee specifically if there are any out there.[/QUOTE]

Most of the time when someone asks if there is an item in stock we first check the system to see what that says. Since this is listed as a used GoW3 it won't be accurate, the system may show 0 but they'll have 2 or 3 in the back perhaps. If they see it at 0 they won't bother checking the back.

Eh closest one to me is 20 miles, but I never go out there to that one. Thanks OP, but it is a pass for me.

Crap, nearest with it for me is 55 miles. What I'd pay in 110 miles worth of gas I could buy the thing at MSRP. Shame, I've beaten GoW3 and have wanted to buy it, this edition would've been sweet.

:hot:! There are TWO stores near me that have them in-stock according to the store-locator link someone provided...

Was going to get UC2 GoTY & Demon's Souls with my remaining credit...now to decide which to not get.

Says it is in stock at the store near me, only a few miles away. Probably won't be able to check into this until after work though... I'll see if my wife will stop by for me. Hopefully others will report great success with this tomorrow morning!

the only reason i bought my PS3 cuz of this game, i do have the the standard but this deal sounds great so ima go check my local GS.

I got a GS near me that has it in stock...I'm not sure if I really want it...I own the game, but I could give it to a bud of mine...I don't really care for the Pandora's box but I love artbooks and the soundtrack...decisions decisions....

[quote name='mr.Dobalina']I got a GS near me that has it in stock...I'm not sure if I really want it...I own the game, but I could give it to a bud of mine...I don't really care for the Pandora's box but I love artbooks and the soundtrack...decisions decisions....[/QUOTE]

lol and all i want is the pandoras box.

[quote name='coopx']lol and all i want is the pandoras box.[/QUOTE]

Man, if only we lived close to each other we could both be happy. :grouphug:

[quote name='SpockBlocker']Should I trust that store locator? A store about 25 minutes away says it has it...should i call, or just go?[/QUOTE]

call them up to make sure

[quote name='mr.Dobalina']Man, if only we lived close to each other we could both be happy. :grouphug:[/QUOTE]

haha yeah man :bouncy:

bread's done
Back