Cheap and Old Collector's Editions

• Please log in to reply
1348 replies to this topic

#61 jb0Ogi3

jb0Ogi3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 12:50 AM

I hate YMMV's...if I can't get it online I'm not going out to look for it. I waste enough of my time playing video games alone...I don't need to waste more of it LOOKING for the damn things.
Posted Image

#62 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 12:50 AM

This was at one BB location in Boston, MA. They had 6 copies as of yesterday morning. The Target that was across the parking lot had 3 copies.

I just called a couple places that had it in stock but they told me it was $149.99 still.

Maybe I'll swing by tomorrow and check it out.

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#63 CowntChocula

CowntChocula

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 12:54 AM

This was at one BB location in Boston, MA. They had 6 copies as of yesterday morning. The Target that was across the parking lot had 3 copies.

Which BB in Boston MA?

#64 HunteR7411

HunteR7411

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:21 AM

All the GoW3's are sold out near me, though one said they husked the game out and threw out the bonus stuff after release :/

i got the same response from a GS in riverside, IL. WTF who throws the extras away so they can sell the game "used"?!?

#65 JoshTX

JoshTX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:43 AM

I hate YMMV's...if I can't get it online I'm not going out to look for it. I waste enough of my time playing video games alone...I don't need to waste more of it LOOKING for the damn things.

This is how I start to feel when I'm stuck on interstate traffic waiting to get to some store that MIGHT have a good deal on a game, when I still have a backlog at home. LOL

#66 stavros45

stavros45

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:46 AM

Which BB in Boston MA?

Sounds like this one:

http://maps.google.c...=N&hl=en&tab=wl

...if I know my Boston area BB's. Should be the South Bay Shopping Center.

Edited by stavros45, 02 March 2011 - 01:47 AM.
Added info

#67 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:51 AM

This is ultimate fail and extremely YMMV...a lot of CAGS will be wasting their time with this one.

It looks like this SKU is not in the system anymore. Do I have an alternative method of finding this to calling all of my area GS locations and asking someone if they have it? That sounds like a sketchy proposition as I figure at least half of the people who answer the phone will just check the computer and tell me they don't have it.

#68 NolbertoS

NolbertoS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:04 AM

It looks like this SKU is not in the system anymore. Do I have an alternative method of finding this to calling all of my area GS locations and asking someone if they have it? That sounds like a sketchy proposition as I figure at least half of the people who answer the phone will just check the computer and tell me they don't have it.

The first rule of GS is never call them about an awesome deal. GS employees are notorious for either saving themselves a copy or not bothering too look at the back. You're best chance and probably most expensive to burn gas and drive around many GS locations that the zipcode search said might have it. Even than, if they won't sell it to you, say you wanna talk to a manager or DM about this and the employees might back off.
Circuit City shall burn in Hell

#69 lobito72

lobito72

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:46 AM

Great thread idea!! If I find something I'll contribute.

#70 storino03

storino03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:21 AM

Cursed Mountain is crappy. It's slow, the graphics are reminiscent of cheap PC games from 2001. It is available on the PC as well, though runs just as clunky. You'll see what I mean in the first hour or so. My wii LE version will be kept sealed and placed in a vault for 100 years.
Game Grabs! www.youtube.com/storino03

Posted Image

#71 Sharp Katana

Sharp Katana

Chillin like a villain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 06:45 AM

Stranglehold for Xbox 360 collector's edition $15 through amazon's marketplace

http://www.amazon.co...9048249&sr=1-71

9unm.png

credits to Lilchiji

#72 sgr76

sgr76

Talk it < Living it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 06:54 AM

$10.83 + $3.99 shipping
Sold by inetvideo

Not bad for this game though. I really enjoyed it.

You had me at John Woo
Posted Image

#73 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:05 AM

picked up SMT: Devil Summoner 2 in collectors box new/sealed with plushie for 19.99 @ gs tonight. apparently halo reach le guide got pennied out so they gave that to me for free. http://www.gamestop....ummoner-2/73846 use pick up in store map to see if there are any near you.

#74 dabamus

dabamus

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:16 AM

To add, you might get lucky and find a DMC4 CE at Wal Mart. There's one near me that has 3 of them brand new/sealed.

They were marked at $30, didn't bother to scan them.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Too bad I see him being hit by a parked bus in the near future.

#75 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:28 AM

360 or ps3?
lol the walmart by me has the most random selection of ps2 games, theyre still selling Bujingai for 39.99 :booty:

#76 drumstick

drumstick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:30 AM

Man, I remember a few months back I just went and bought a whole bunch of old CE's for under $10. Most were from mmo's. Tried to find most of them now, but many are not as cheap anymore. They were probably already mentioned before but here were some that i found.

Age of Conan CE with Bonus Book from gogamer - $5.90 + shipping
Got it for the artbook, also came with a bonus book from gogamer.
http://www.gogamer.c...8VVviewprod.htm

City of Villians CE at amazon.com for $3.88
Comes with the usuall CE stuff like posters, art book, ect. Also comes with a couple of heroclix action figures.
http://www.amazon.co...9049709&sr=1-27

And Auto Assault CE for $3.14 at amazon, comes with some decent headsets.
http://www.amazon.co...9049742&sr=1-38

#77 dabamus

dabamus

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:31 AM

360 or ps3?
lol the walmart by me has the most random selection of ps2 games, theyre still selling Bujingai for 39.99 :booty:

Those 3 were 360.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Too bad I see him being hit by a parked bus in the near future.

#78 ragingst0rm6

ragingst0rm6

Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:53 AM

Man, I remember a few months back I just went and bought a whole bunch of old CE's for under $10. Most were from mmo's. Tried to find most of them now, but many are not as cheap anymore. They were probably already mentioned before but here were some that i found.

And Auto Assault CE for $3.14 at amazon, comes with some decent headsets.
http://www.amazon.co...9049742&sr=1-38

Care to offer your personal opinion on the headset? I don't have one so.... :bouncy:

3G' and Friends Group Lowball is now OVER!!! Thank you, and please remember to leave feedback!!! 

Get a PS4 or $375 Conga Line, proof of payouts to CAGs in OP!

#79 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:43 AM

Is there somewhere I can get a cheap Fallout 3 CE? One popped up at my local Meijer about a month ago and I didn't even check the price. :dunce:

Of course it's gone now and i wouldn't mind getting my hands on that bobble head.
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#80 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:29 AM

Great idea. Very YMMV but my Walmart had/has Elder Scrolls Oblivion CE Xbox 360 for $20

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#81 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:50 AM

Need to read all the pages of this but was the Clive Barker's Jericho: Special Edition only on the 360 or was it also for the PC and PS3? I would like to get the game on the PC but only see the SE listed for the 360.
Posted Image

#82 storino03

storino03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:16 AM

360 only
Game Grabs! www.youtube.com/storino03

Posted Image

#83 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 12:49 PM

Which BB in Boston MA?

I think it's the one in the South Bay plaza based on his description of "Target across the parking lot." But there could be others... this is the only one that comes to my mind.

#84 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:11 PM

Best Buy in Memphis had all of it's Bioshock 2 CEs marked at $35 for both systems. I'm assuming this isn't YMMV.
Spoiler

#85 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:14 PM

Tag, great idea for a topic!
When the rest of the world is crazy it just does not pay to be sane! - Captain Lerner
Government is the enemy, until you need a friend - Bill Cohen
Tea baggers keep saying they want their country back, well I say I want mine forward - Bill Maher
Id rather be hated for what I am then loved for what I am not - The Miz

#86 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:21 PM

I picked up the steelbook of Perfect dark from best buy for $5. They've had tons of them for almost a year now in the yellow shrink wrap marked "used" but most of them are not.

Really I just needed to get the case for my ultra rare copy.

Totally YMMV but my store still has a few.
Posted Image

#87 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:07 PM

picked up SMT: Devil Summoner 2 in collectors box new/sealed with plushie for 19.99 @ gs tonight. apparently halo reach le guide got pennied out so they gave that to me for free. http://www.gamestop....ummoner-2/73846 use pick up in store map to see if there are any near you.

That's tempting. I liked Persona 3 and reviews seem to be solid.

#88 Donkey132

Donkey132

OldSchool

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:19 PM

I picked up the steelbook of Perfect dark from best buy for $5. They've had tons of them for almost a year now in the yellow shrink wrap marked "used" but most of them are not.

Really I just needed to get the case for my ultra rare copy.

Totally YMMV but my store still has a few.

I got a Perfect Dark Zero CE for $5 aswell.

#89 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:35 PM

I got a Perfect Dark Zero CE for $5 aswell.

where?

#90 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 05:02 PM

I just called a couple places that had it in stock but they told me it was $149.99 still.

Maybe I'll swing by tomorrow and check it out.

Which BB in Boston MA?

Sounds like this one:

http://maps.google.c...=N&hl=en&tab=wl

...if I know my Boston area BB's. Should be the South Bay Shopping Center.

I think it's the one in the South Bay plaza based on his description of "Target across the parking lot." But there could be others... this is the only one that comes to my mind.

stavros45 and shivan128 are right.

The BB has them on the floor by the games and not on the shelf and Target has them on the side of the Electronics section by the laptop accesories on a shelf if I remember correctly.

I was very surprised to see them tbh. That BB also has Bioshock 2 LE, but I forget how much they were.