Saint's Row: The Third- Strap it On 11/15/11

• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

#31 Danimal

Danimal

CheapAssing it Since 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:05 PM

I tried to put some of the other videos there too, but only the video at the top will show :(. If I put each in spoiler tags, it makes a spoiler within a spoiler, within a spoiler, within a spoiler D:

Well, I'm glad to know it's not just that I'm tech-stupid. I'd been wondering if I was trying to use videos that were somehow locked on youtube from being used elsewhere. But I've tried it with so many different videos I didn't really think that was the problem. Weird.
Posted Image

#32 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:24 PM

That story trailer...omg. Can't wait.

It's now easily my most anticipated game this fall.

seanr1221.png

#33 bs000

bs000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:46 PM

New trailer.

#34 xtreme_Zr2

xtreme_Zr2

Mr. Sonny Crockett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:06 AM

Anyone interested in doing a coop playthrough of SR2 this weekend? Ive got a weekend without the woman and wanted to see if anyone wanted to do the coop achievements. I have only played about 2 hours so far in the game and would be willing to restart.

#35 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 08:39 AM

This game looks like its going to be an absolute blast to play. I'll probably get it when it comes out but I might have to wait since Skyrim comes out around the same time and that game will take over my life.

#36 Danimal

Danimal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2011 - 12:28 PM

Achievement list has been released. Looks like the "Fart in a Jar" weapon made it into the game after all.

http://www.xbox360ac...3/achievements/
Posted Image

#37 sublime90

sublime90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2011 - 02:45 AM

im thinking about pre ordering this now after watching a few more trailers. saints 1 and 2 didnt really turn me on much but this game looks like a huge step up from saints 2 that im really interested in getting my hands on it. looks like theres going to be a shit ton of things to do and graphically it looks way better than the other saints games.
Posted Image
I was half cut, im not slippin man i slipped! - Max Payne

#38 Danimal

Danimal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:56 AM

Official Saint's Row The Third Music Video by Broken Pixels. November 15th can not get here quickly enough.

Posted Image

#39 thamaster24

thamaster24

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:32 AM

Damn nice.

Also this is up: Initiation Station

http://marketplace.x...15-d802545188a0

Create, share, and download the most outlandish characters you've ever seen, then upload them for play in Saints Row: The Third. Inside every Sinner is a Saint.

Basically just lets you see some character models and costumes that are in the game, really funny though
Posted Image

#40 timesplitt

timesplitt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:04 AM

canceling pre-order and preordering saints 4
Posted Image

#41 Danimal

Danimal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:14 PM

Damn nice.

Also this is up: Initiation Station

http://marketplace.x...15-d802545188a0

Create, share, and download the most outlandish characters you've ever seen, then upload them for play in Saints Row: The Third. Inside every Sinner is a Saint.

Basically just lets you see some character models and costumes that are in the game, really funny though

Awesome. Thanks a lot for posting that link; I wasn't really sure how the Initiation Station worked. I was under the impression that I had to download it to my PC, then upload whatever I made to XBox.com and retrieve it somehow later from there. Clearly, I'm a moron.

Downloading it now. Can't wait to play around with it later today.
Posted Image

#42 thamaster24

thamaster24

Posted 11 November 2011 - 01:24 AM

Awesome. Thanks a lot for posting that link; I wasn't really sure how the Initiation Station worked. I was under the impression that I had to download it to my PC, then upload whatever I made to XBox.com and retrieve it somehow later from there. Clearly, I'm a moron.

Downloading it now. Can't wait to play around with it later today.

No problem, I somehow wasted 30 mins laughing at different things with the zombie voice hahaha.
Posted Image

#43 sublime90

sublime90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:48 PM

i own both saints row games and pre ordered this one....but i havent finished 1 or 2. im near the end of 1 and like 25% with 2 so ive decided now is the time to beat both of them before i get 3. get your favorite dildos out and strap them on

for some reason i cant create an account on the website for the initiation station, i was drunk when i created the account and now i keep hitting "forgot password" but they never email me. not even in my spam folder. should i try doing it through the initiation station on xbox?
Posted Image

#44 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2011 - 03:21 AM

Preorder from the THQ store and get free value shipping and a free season pass:
http://store.thq.com...5wonvolwwoozsvt

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#45 Danimal

Danimal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:08 PM

for some reason i cant create an account on the website for the initiation station, i was drunk when i created the account and now i keep hitting "forgot password" but they never email me. not even in my spam folder. should i try doing it through the initiation station on xbox?

When I first tried to log into my account from my XBox, I kept getting a window that said either "Problems connecting now, try again later" or "Either the username or password is incorrect"

Eventually I just clicked the "create a new account" button, and then I was able to do it. Don't know why it wouldn't recognize my old username/password; I've been on the Saint's Row site fairly regularly since I created it.
Posted Image

#46 sublime90

sublime90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:11 PM

thanks for the tip. it worked
Posted Image

#47 Danimal

Danimal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:00 PM

I was at Best Buy last night, and I ended up standing around talking games with the games department manager for about 45 minutes (I was waiting for my wife and daughter who were at the craft store next door) At one point, I asked him if they had the Saint's Row games in yet, and he says "Yeah, they're in the back already." I begged and pleaded in the most non-annoying way I could manage, but he wouldn't let me take my preorder home. I knew my chances were slim and none, but I had to try. I even said "What if I told you I'm a games reviewer who was supposed to get a copy for review from THQ, but never did, and now I'm going to get fired if I don't have my review done by Tuesday?"

Man, it hurt knowing my disc was in the store, but I was leaving without it and had to wait two more days. :lol:
Posted Image

#48 sublime90

sublime90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:06 PM

oh major bummer. it would have only been worse if he were fanning his face with your copy. so i just beat 1 and half way through 2 and my god 1 was pretty shitty. i thought it was funny but it was glitchy as hell, i had a lot of unfair deaths thanks to random cars popping in, crazy and horrible AI. im really enjoying the changes they made in 2.
Posted Image

#49 Hush

Hush

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:48 AM

Getting antsy for Tuesday...

http://www.saintsrow.com/profile/Hush7
Posted Image

#50 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:31 AM

Game does look pretty fun. I admit, I had absolutely no interest in this, but I think I will pick this up soon. I probably won't Day 1 since I just got Skyrim, but will in a few weeks.

#51 Rhett

Rhett

Global Defense Initiative

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:26 PM

WHY ISN'T THIS MORE POPULAR?!

:|

Looks great. Still only cautiously optimistic though, as THQ has REALLY been trying hard to screw everything up, lately. Armageddon is a prime example, and now all of the DLC at release for Saints Row 3 (though, in all honesty, it's pretty minor... and the cheats DLC is entirely unlockable in-game).

I skipped Skyrim to get it, too, though I'll probably get Skyrim later this week. I just wish I had a PS3 to play with my brother.
Steam: Rhett816

#52 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:35 PM

I'm debating whether or not to pick it up at midnight, or just wait until tomorrow. I am dying to play it, but I'm not much of a late-nighter anymore. I'd probably play for 30 minutes and fall asleep. It sucks being old. :(

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#53 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:09 AM

I'm very cautious. Will pick it up and test it out, obviously, but I'm hoping this can exceed what SR2 did. IMO SR2 had some great ideas but was just not well done at all. We'll have to see about this, I have solid hopes for it though, it looks entertaining.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#54 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:12 AM

Spent over 75 hours on SR2 and barely did any missions. Have this preordered and paid for. CAN'T. WAIT.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#55 SuperPhillip

SuperPhillip

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:47 AM

I'm debating whether or not to pick it up at midnight, or just wait until tomorrow. I am dying to play it, but I'm not much of a late-nighter anymore. I'd probably play for 30 minutes and fall asleep. It sucks being old. :(

Being old is awesome. You get to yell at kids to get off your lawn and get arthritis!

#56 Danimal

Danimal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:17 AM

None of the Best Buys around me did a midnight opening. I was hoping I'd be able to grab it on my way home from work this morning, but no such luck. Ah well, 4 more hours until I can finally start terrorizing Steelport. :twoguns:
Posted Image

#57 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:03 PM

None of the Best Buys around me did a midnight opening. I was hoping I'd be able to grab it on my way home from work this morning, but no such luck. Ah well, 4 more hours until I can finally start terrorizing Steelport. :twoguns:

I have it reserved at GS, since I had a ton of leftover credit. I ended up not going because right about 11pm, those storms moved into the area and I wasn't waiting in the rain for the game. I'll go out later this morning and pick it up.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#58 DOMINATOR912

DOMINATOR912

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:49 PM

Just saw this on Joystiq, and thought it should be headline news for the thread. In case you haven't heard about it elsewhere, our own CheapyD is in the game, voicework and all. http://www.joystiq.c...ints-row-the-t/

#59 TC

TC

Better w/o Kinect

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:11 PM

Just saw this on Joystiq, and thought it should be headline news for the thread. In case you haven't heard about it elsewhere, our own CheapyD is in the game, voicework and all. http://www.joystiq.c...ints-row-the-t/

Awesome!

#60 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:38 PM

REALLY hoping for a Cheapyd, Wombat, and Shipwreck full add-on. How awesome would that be?