Dragon Age Origins PC Downloads 50% until 03/07. DA:O Ultimate Edition $19.99

[quote name='SkyBird']got all excited until I saw that it is just the PC version that is discounted. lame. :p[/QUOTE]

Same.

[quote name='SkyBird']got all excited until I saw that it is just the PC version that is discounted. lame. :p[/QUOTE]

The title says PC downloads. Why would you open the thread just to post this? That sounds more lame to me.

[quote name='Burchamj']this a code to download with EA Manager?[/QUOTE]

I'm also curious if this will work for EA Download Manager. Would be nice to have it included on there.

Not trying to sound like a PC elitist, but for this game PC is the way to go. This is one title that plays very differently from it's console brethren. I've finished the game on PC twice, and I recently completed a playthrough (and a quarter to get all achievements) on the Xbox 360. I started another PC playthrough recently (w/ tons of mods installed) and keep saying to myself "I can't believe I played this on console".

Combat is more tactical, and easier to control w/ mouse and keyboard. Graphics are much better. Also there are hundreds of mods available from dragonagenexus.com that improve the game's looks and functionality.

I bought Medal of Honor from Amazon. I had trouble downloading it straight from the site so I tried using the serial key in the EA manager and it worked.

very tempted by this but I'm to the point where it takes almost an act of god for me to buy a PC game that's not on steam. It's just too much hassle. I only want steam.

I absolutely loved Dragon Age on the consoles. It's one of my favorite games of this generation.

That said, the PC version is noticeably superior. You can play much more tactically and the modding community is great.

If you haven't played Dragon Age, I'd actually recommend the PC version over the console (although you can't go wrong with either, really). If you've already played it on the consoles and loved it I still recommend it on the PC for mods alone.

Interesting that Amazon forces a US only policy, while all the others don't region lock their downloads. Or they at least include Canada. It's a shame, I would have jumped on this.

I have DAO + Awakening on disc for the PC.
Missing ALL of the DLC, basically.

So....what DRM does the Amazon Download versions come equipped with?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just need Steam to have a deal on Awakenings since I already have the vanilla game on steam. I have all the DLC from my Xbox 360 Ultimate Edition I got from the EA flash deal a couple weeks ago and got it all transferred to PC as well also just like I did with Mass Effect 2 from the Xbox Live Christmas sale.

[quote name='xplocvo']Just to confirm, I bought the Ultimate Edition just now and it did activate on EA Download Manager. :)[/QUOTE]

What's it DAO:Ultimate from Amazon Downloads use for DRM? Securom?

Strange I seem to have a $10 software/video game download credit. This would make it $10. I mean I want it on steam too but really how important is it? I might have to jump! Who's with me!!!!! :lol:

[quote name='CountChoculitis']I just need Steam to have a deal on Awakenings since I already have the vanilla game on steam. I have all the DLC from my Xbox 360 Ultimate Edition I got from the EA flash deal a couple weeks ago and got it all transferred to PC as well also just like I did with Mass Effect 2 from the Xbox Live Christmas sale.[/QUOTE]

How did you get all the DLC transferred from 360 to PC?

Well took the jump because my account had the video game download credit. Well guess what it wasn't applied and it took the whole $19.99 from my gift card balance. If amazon doesn't make this right this will be the last time I purchase from their download store. If a video game download credit doesn't work on a downloaded video game then I do not know what to say at this point. Had I know this would have happened I would have waited on steam!

[quote name='Commander0Zero']Well took the jump because my account had the video game download credit. Well guess what it wasn't applied and it took the whole $19.99 from my gift card balance. If amazon doesn't make this right this will be the last time I purchase from their download store. If a video game download credit doesn't work on a downloaded video game then I do not know what to say at this point. Had I know this would have happened I would have waited on steam![/QUOTE]

Two things. One, are you sure that download credit could actually be used on this, and isn't something like that $10 off xbox live credit that a bunch of people got? Two, I am sure amazon customer service will deal with this. I had an issue before where it used my gift card balance instead of promo credit, and they dealt with it quickly and painlessly.

[quote name='CountChoculitis']I just need Steam to have a deal on Awakenings since I already have the vanilla game on steam. I have all the DLC from my Xbox 360 Ultimate Edition I got from the EA flash deal a couple weeks ago and got it all transferred to PC as well also just like I did with Mass Effect 2 from the Xbox Live Christmas sale.[/QUOTE]

So how did you get all the DLC transferred from 360 to PC?

[quote name='MysterD']What's it DAO:Ultimate from Amazon Downloads use for DRM? Securom?[/QUOTE]

No idea, I didn't actually download it from Amazon directly. Looking in my Game Library at Amazon, it doesn't indicate anything about the DRM.

[quote name='JAlbertL']I'm very tempted. Especially considering that anyone who reviewed it said that the best way to play DA was on PC.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I read that too, both graphically and because of extra strategic views you only get on the PC (as opposed to always over-the-shoulder views).

I'm glad I have a gaming PC! Woot! Never mind that the graphics cards alone cost as much as a console...

Thanks for posting, OP! Nice deal! I just requested a copy on Goozex, but this deal looks pretty solid.

[quote name='Commander0Zero']Strange I seem to have a $10 software/video game download credit. This would make it $10. I mean I want it on steam too but really how important is it? I might have to jump! Who's with me!!!!! :lol:[/QUOTE]

10 bucks for... how many hours of good gameplay?? That's just a stupid good deal! :hot:

I tried the DA II demo on PC and 360, and actually liked the *basic* controls better on 360. Movement felt more fluid and natural, and it was easier to target enemies and such. I often found my character in PC running to a plot of land I clicked on instead of shooting fire at the guy I *almost* clicked on. I also didn't like the control scheme on keyboard - qwes vs wasd was super confusing, especially with camera panning set to a and d. Though calling up spells via numerical hotkey is obviously superior on PC. Is the control scheme on DA 1 the same as DA II?

I also had a volume issue - playing the game at max volume didn't seem enough to hear voices and such. I'm on an M17x, so I am stuck to the pc speakers. Wondering if anyone else has noticed this?

[quote name='robpe36']Can we tell steam to match this? Or do they not ever do that?[/QUOTE]
Nope, I tried to get them to price match mass effect a few weeks ago and this is the response I got - "Thank you for contacting Steam Support. Steam does not offer price matching. For information on current sales and promotions please refer to the Steam Storefront or Steam News. Steam News: http://store.steampowered.com/news/"

[quote name='Pollox']Two things. One, are you sure that download credit could actually be used on this, and isn't something like that $10 off xbox live credit that a bunch of people got? Two, I am sure amazon customer service will deal with this. I had an issue before where it used my gift card balance instead of promo credit, and they dealt with it quickly and painlessly.[/QUOTE]

When I tried to use a VG credit for a Braid download and it didn't apply they wouldn't do anything since the code had already been viewed or something. All they did was re-issue the $10 credit because it actually expired the next day (reason I was buying anything).

Long story short, those credits don't seem to work on digital downloads and they probably won't do anything to help you (though it never hurts to ask).

So are there any mods recommended for the first play through of DA? I plan on getting this tomorrow, and was wondering if there are any mods I should initially install.

Thanks

[quote name='jkimrey']So are there any mods recommended for the first play through of DA? I plan on getting this tomorrow, and was wondering if there are any mods I should initially install.[/QUOTE]

The only one I really play with every time is the one that adds an extra dog slot, so the dog party member doesn't take one of the 4 party slots.

Also verifying that buying the Ultimate Edition and registering it on EADM works to download it from, if you want to. It just so happened that this deal was cheaper than buying all the DLC I was missing... so now I have two copies. :whistle2:X

[quote name='jkimrey']So are there any mods recommended for the first play through of DA? I plan on getting this tomorrow, and was wondering if there are any mods I should initially install.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Go to dragonagenexus and look at the top endorsed files of all time

[quote name='jkimrey']So are there any mods recommended for the first play through of DA? I plan on getting this tomorrow, and was wondering if there are any mods I should initially install.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

1) Extra dog slot
2) Restored Morrigan (adds a few bits and pieces of dialogue that were cut out...for some reason)
3) Some of the texture mods are good - I personally like the ones that make some of the NPCs closer to how they're portrayed in concept art, trailers, etc. There's also one that makes Shale a little more like a golem, size and bulk wise.
4) Any mod that adds another storage chest to your camp. Granted, Bioware added one officially but it's at Warden's Keep which is just a pain in the butt to keep going back to.

[quote name='Marker']How did you get all the DLC transferred from 360 to PC?[/QUOTE]

I am still wondering this too. I have all the Mass Effect 2 DLC on XBOX that I'd love to transfer to my PC version.

I PM'd CountChoculitis about the transferring of DLC from 360 to PC. He told me that he called EA and pointed out how on his EA account, his registered 360 DLC had a "more info" link which said something about being entitled to a 360 AND PC version. They gave him access to the DLC on PC afterward. He showed me a link that had others doing the same thing. Apparently they've since removed the "more info" link on all paid DLC so you can't do this anymore. :(

What DLC am I supposed to have? I only see Darkspawn, Golems of Amgarrak, Wardens Keep, and Lelianas Song on the Bioware page where I need to redeem a code for the DLC. Where is The stone prisoner and Return to Ostagar. This just reminds me why I buy all my games through Steam.

Update: Figured it out (I think)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Comic']The only one I really play with every time is the one that adds an extra dog slot, so the dog party member doesn't take one of the 4 party slots.

Also verifying that buying the Ultimate Edition and registering it on EADM works to download it from, if you want to. It just so happened that this deal was cheaper than buying all the DLC I was missing... so now I have two copies. :whistle2:X[/QUOTE]

Wow...how many GB must've all that DLing been w/ Ultimate Edition?
I remember DAO + Awakening was around 20 GB or so total to have installed... :whistle2:x

bread's done
Back