D2D: Casual RTS "Westward" FREE! Until 3/16. No strings!

Thanks for the tip. The code worked just fine for me. Maybe those having trouble can try logging in first before trying to checkout.

[quote name='The Smilkman']Thanks for the tip. The code worked just fine for me. Maybe those having trouble can try logging in first before trying to checkout.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately, the free code still isn't sticking :cry:

[quote name='ndawgdrake']Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately, the free code still isn't sticking :cry:[/QUOTE]

The internet hates us, I tried logging in first too. But it didn't work. I even tried three different internet browsers.

Got it! Thanks, OP! I played Westward many years ago and found it to be fun and refreshing. I think there was a Back to the Future reference in the game, but maybe it's my memory :)

This doesn't seem to be working for me. I can add it to cart and it has the coupon but when I login to checkout it takes me back to the cart screen. I hit continue again and takes me to a checkout screen but no coupon code any longer and wants to charge me 6.99.

Has anyone figured out a workaround for those of us stuck with the disappearing discount problem?

[quote name='bubo']Has anyone figured out a workaround for those of us stuck with the disappearing discount problem?[/QUOTE]

I can't find a solution. :whistle2:( What a rip.

What browsers are you all using? I'm using Firefox with an add-on that makes everything HTTPS. I wonder if that has something to do with it.

EDIT: Okay, for those of you having trouble, I just successfully ordered the game. I went to IE, added the game, chose my payment option, and used the code on my "review and place order" screen. The code stuck after I applied it, and I got the game for free. This didn't work for me on Firefox somehow. :(

You'd think it wouldn't matter when you applied the coupon, or what browser you use, but I guess it does.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bubo']Has anyone figured out a workaround for those of us stuck with the disappearing discount problem?[/QUOTE]

I had to sign out of my account and remove Westward from my cart. I then signed back in and then added Westward back into my cart. After that the discount stopped disappearing.

[quote name='BinaryTB']Used Firefox, worked fine here.[/QUOTE]

I used Firefox and still had to do what I did. Firefox working for you =/= Firefox working for everyone else.

[quote name='Blade']I can't find a solution. :whistle2:( What a rip.

What browsers are you all using? I'm using Firefox with an add-on that makes everything HTTPS. I wonder if that has something to do with it.

EDIT: Okay, for those of you having trouble, I just successfully ordered the game. I went to IE, added the game, chose my payment option, and used the code on my "review and place order" screen. The code stuck after I applied it, and I got the game for free. This didn't work for me on Firefox somehow. :(

You'd think it wouldn't matter when you applied the coupon, or what browser you use, but I guess it does.[/QUOTE]

I used Firefox and had no problems. Your HTTPS plugin might be the issue, and good to know that a different browser workaround is available. Do you have difficulty buying other games at D2D with that plugin?

[quote name='Darknuke']oh god that game looks awful... I'll pass and stick with SC2 and DoW2: Retribution[/QUOTE]

Yeah... it's not exactly state of the art RTS.

I played it for a few hours though. It's entertaining; just the thing to pass the time if you're stuck on a low-end laptop. It's got all the classic RTS elements, but it's virtually combat-free, except you occasionally need to chase off some bandits.

You spend most of your time accumulating resources and building up a small city, and keeping your towneys busy. You have missions to accomplish, like getting a particular type of building in place, or accumulating a certain amount of gold so you can invest in some sort of upgrade.

bread's done
Back