Photo
- - - - -

Legend of Heroes VI: Trails in the Sky (TitS!) - Out now!

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#31 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 29 March 2011 - 11:09 PM

Shipping soon for me. Est date April 1st but I'm betting it'll get here the 31st.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#32 Hell Monkey

Hell Monkey

Social Link MAX!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 02:37 AM

So my delivery date changed again. Now it'll be here tomorrow. Weird.

#33 Kay_Faraday

Kay_Faraday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:31 AM

Mine will be here on the 1st too. Cant wait :)

delivery date changed to march 31. even better :D

Edited by Kay_Faraday, 30 March 2011 - 02:30 PM.

#34 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 12:07 PM

Looks like it didn't end up shipping last night. Guess I really will be getting it Thursday.

#35 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 30 March 2011 - 12:20 PM

Looks like it just shipped. Hopefully, I'll get it on Fri.
Posted Image

#36 Hell Monkey

Hell Monkey

Social Link MAX!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 12:30 PM

So do I have to finally play LoH 1-3 for this one to make sense?

#37 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 12:34 PM

So do I have to finally play LoH 1-3 for this one to make sense?

Negative. Those were part of the Gagharv Trilogy and were terrible remakes by Namco Bandai of the original Falcom versions. Trails in the Sky is entirely in its own story, which this is the first game of its series. XSeed has already done voices for all three of the games in Trials in the Sky, so we'll see all three at some point or another. Unfortunately though it'll take a while for them to fully localize it due to the games very large script.

EDIT: I always spell Gagharv incorrectly. -_-

#38 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 02:30 PM

Weird. So it shows as 1-3 weeks now on Amazon if you view the item itself, mine is pre-ordered but nothing has happened with actually 2 day shipping.

99% of the games say that on release day its a computer glitch.. they usually fix it later in the day ...

i should have my Via gamefly for 22.49 thursday (did keep it now as soon as it shipped)
WOOOO I STINK

#39 Hell Monkey

Hell Monkey

Social Link MAX!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 03:58 PM

99% of the games say that on release day its a computer glitch.. they usually fix it later in the day ...

Well Akbar or whomever was taking to me kept giving me canned cut and paste answers, why I gave them hell over it. Still it got overnighted now, so will be there when get home.

#40 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 30 March 2011 - 05:23 PM

Finally shipped and delivery estimate changed to tomorrow as expected.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

#41 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:34 PM

Well Akbar or whomever was taking to me kept giving me canned cut and paste answers, why I gave them hell over it. Still it got overnighted now, so will be there when get home.

That's racist.

Mine shows it'll arrive tomorrow too. I wonder if it'll require a firmware update to play?

Can't wait to play with TitS
Posted Image

#42 Hell Monkey

Hell Monkey

Social Link MAX!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:38 PM

That's racist.

Mine shows it'll arrive tomorrow too. I wonder if it'll require a firmware update to play?

What is racist about this? (insulting as I called him a slack faced fish person who only uttered one memorable line though his was "Pre-orders do not guaranty the product is available" but not racist)
http://i2.squidoocdn...kbar-its-a-trap

It takse firmware 6.35 I believe (3rd Birthday takes 6.37)

#43 houdinilogic

houdinilogic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:19 PM

i'm interested in this i think... wish there were a few more reviews up though.
Posted Image

#44 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:39 PM

Yeah, only one review up so far that I've seen:

8.8/10 - http://www.rpgfan.co..._Sky/index.html

#45 Hell Monkey

Hell Monkey

Social Link MAX!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:10 PM

I'll try to get into my copy tonight and give an opinion.

#46 GaveUpTomorrow

GaveUpTomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:28 PM

Negative. Those were part of the Gagharv Trilogy and were terrible remakes by Namco Bandai of the original Falcom versions. Trails in the Sky is entirely in its own story, which this is the first game of its series. XSeed has already done voices for all three of the games in Trials in the Sky, so we'll see all three at some point or another. Unfortunately though it'll take a while for them to fully localize it due to the games very large script.

EDIT: I always spell Gagharv incorrectly. -_-

I don't see what was terrible about them. I enjoyed them all, especially the story and graphics. Gameplay is very basic, but gets the job done.

My copy should arrive tomorrow :) I should be finishing Mass Effect 2 tonight, so I will be able to start tomorrow.

#47 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:48 PM

I don't see what was terrible about them. I enjoyed them all, especially the story and graphics. Gameplay is very basic, but gets the job done.

My copy should arrive tomorrow :) I should be finishing Mass Effect 2 tonight, so I will be able to start tomorrow.

I should probably correct myself a little. When compared to the originals, the Namco-Bandai (Though I guess it's really Microvision) remake falls flat on its face and dragged across the pavement. Otherwise it's sub-par filler. Doesn't do anything particularly interesting, new or overly enjoyable. It's not something you really notice unless you play the original PC version.

You should be able to understand somewhat after you play through this game. There's just so much more to Legend of Heroes that you don't really see with just those three remakes.

#48 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:06 AM

If this game sucks I am sending a bill for $28.99 directly to Draekon. Will go to small claims court if I have to.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

#49 Hell Monkey

Hell Monkey

Social Link MAX!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:41 AM

If this game sucks I am sending a bill for $28.99 directly to Draekon. Will go to small claims court if I have to.

I say we make it a class action suit, everyone in the thread jumps on it.

#50 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:13 PM

What is racist about this? (insulting as I called him a slack faced fish person who only uttered one memorable line though his was "Pre-orders do not guaranty the product is available" but not racist)
http://i2.squidoocdn...kbar-its-a-trap

It takse firmware 6.35 I believe (3rd Birthday takes 6.37)

You called him Akbar.
Posted Image

#51 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:15 PM

I say we make it a class action suit, everyone in the thread jumps on it.

Agreed... oh wait.

Pssh. If you end up hating the game, then you'd sell it back and recoup 80% of your losses. Though I probably shouldn't have talked it up so much because you'll end up setting your expectations too high.

#52 Hell Monkey

Hell Monkey

Social Link MAX!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:29 PM

You called him Akbar.

Akbar is a fishman. Yes I'm racist against fishmen. I think this is all they are suited to

Posted Image

I don't like these guys either for the record.
Posted Image

#53 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:39 PM

When you said "Akbar" I thought you meant a generic stereotypical name for an East Indian Call center person:

Posted Image

Maybe I'm the racist here.
Posted Image

#54 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:58 PM

Trails in the Sky has flaws, but it's also extremely charming, and I had a blast during the 41 hours spent completing the game.

seems like another long game that is going on my backlog would play it 2nite but im stuck playin

Jikandia: The Timeless Land
WOOOO I STINK

#55 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:27 PM

Pssh. If you end up hating the game, then you'd sell it back and recoup 80% of your losses. Though I probably shouldn't have talked it up so much because you'll end up setting your expectations too high.

All I want a is GOOD JRPG. If this game meets this criteria, we are good. I am thinking it has a better chance than most JRPGs released the past few years since it is actually 5 years old. The past few years have been shit but this game was actually made when JRPGs were still good, outside of remakes and the very occasional decent game.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

#56 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:41 PM

All I want a is GOOD JRPG. If this game meets this criteria, we are good. I am thinking it has a better chance than most JRPGs released the past few years since it is actually 5 years old. The past few years have been shit but this game was actually made when JRPGs were still good, outside of remakes and the very occasional decent game.

Yeah, I know what you mean. The only ones I've thoroughly enjoyed this generation that were new and not remakes of something else we've got have been Valkyria Chronicles and Tales of Vesperia. There are a few others that weren't bad, but they weren't exciting or overly fun for me.

Also, my copy was awaiting me when I got home from work just now. Time to begin my run.

#57 Kay_Faraday

Kay_Faraday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2011 - 01:08 AM

Mine came in the mail today. I'll get to it when I finish pokemans. Does TiTS have VA?

#58 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2011 - 01:33 AM

got mine today from gamefly... now to play it or not next is another question.... might take tomorrow off of game play and start it sat (maybe tomorrow if i get time)
WOOOO I STINK

#59 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 01 April 2011 - 01:54 AM

Played the very beginning. Not sure what to say so far, can't really form an impression yet. I'm sure I'll be able to play enough this weekend to see if I like it.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

#60 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 01 April 2011 - 02:06 AM

This game is indeed good from what I've played so far, DoK. Like you said, since it's 7 years old when JRPGs were still good, you will like this game. The localization is excellent, the story isn't quite the cliche tripe you see in many other games today, and the battle system requires some thought, and is challenging, but not in a frustrating or burdensome way.

There's VA, but it's very minimal from what I've seen (I'm at 2nd dungeon). It's only present in snips in the victory dialogue (one or two words) after a battle, kinda like Star Ocean 1 & 2.

I'm kind of impressed at how similar the battles are to the Bandai games. It has the "meter build up" moves you can use to interrupt an enemies turn, you have to move within range of attack. It seems more strategic though, because your specials and spells take time to use. You also get to see what the turn order is. (I've played all three Bandai games, FYI)

I've put 1.5 hours into it and it's gone by fast. Looking forward to playing more of this.
Posted Image