GI JOE (2): Retalation

First one was fun and reminded me like the first Transformers movie... but we all know how shit Transformers 2 turned out so anything can happen.

The first one I enjoyed until Cobra commander put on his hideous mask. WTF was that. If they fix that I'll be happy.

[quote name='ninjalunchbox79']I fell asleep during the prince of persia movie . . lol[/QUOTE]

I saw that movie 4 times in theaters.

Not because I wanted to, but because I kept lying to people and saying I hadn't seen it yet because if I told them I had they'd get all whiny or complain or something.

Never again.

Only good part in the first movie was out of no where here comes Marlon Waynes in a goddamn forklift and IMPALES a COBRA soldier with it THROUGH a concrete pillar. It made no damn sense and I just started bursting out laughing.

[quote name='DV8']The first one I enjoyed until Cobra commander put on his hideous mask. WTF was that. If they fix that I'll be happy.[/QUOTE]

Yea I know there was something that one of the writers/producers said that they didn't want to use CC hooded mask because it could give off the wrong impression and make people think he's actually working for the KKK.#-o and that the metal mask would look stupid on him. Uhhh ok...so what they came up with was better?

[quote name='LaraCroftsLeftBoob']the first one raped my childhood.
i guess this one is going to beat it bloody and leave it laying in a ditch somewhere.[/QUOTE]

you poor, poor child... therapy must have been expensive lol

[quote name='whoknows']I saw that movie 4 times in theaters.

Not because I wanted to, but because I kept lying to people and saying I hadn't seen it yet because if I told them I had they'd get all whiny or complain or something.

Never again.[/QUOTE]

PoP was actually not as bad as I thought it was going to be. :)

Who knows how this is going to turn out without the original director. It could go either way.

I'm hoping for Lady Jaye in this one :drool:

You know how people sometimes say they change things from the cartoons because some things in the cartoons are just too silly for live action?

I think between this and Transformers they managed to make it even sillier.

I was happy to see Lee Byung-hun making his debut over here, but it sucks it had to be in G.I. JOE. Since he's coming back, maybe things will improve, but John Chu directing doesn't do anything for me. I'll see this new one as well for Lee, but maybe things will turn out better... Maybe.

I finally watched the first one a few weeks ago. It wasn't too bad. My son liked it, so well probably go see the second one. And if it has 100% less Wayans in it, I'll be happy.

What are you talking about Marlon Wayans is great. In Living Colour, Requim For a Dream, Scary Movie, bunch of other mindless stupid but funny movies.

Hell, he's was the only redeeming quality about the D&D movie.

first one was awesome.... till the cobra commander mask like someone said.... the 2nd one is directed by the guy who did justin biber movie... probably will be lame

[quote name='BigPopov']Hell, he's was the only redeeming quality about the D&D movie.[/QUOTE]

That's like being the kernel of corn in a piece of shit.

The first movie would have been vastly more watchable with 100% less Channing Tatum. It's like watching a cardboard box try and emote. I could deal with just about everything else. I even thought the setup for the next movie was ok but if they aren't going in that direction, I won't even bother watching the sequel on TV.

Ummm :|

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=78447

well it is more about action than story so I can let this one slide.

Word is that he's going to play Roadblock

roadblock-chef.gif

I guess we will really smell what the Rock is cooking now huh? :D

Well, at least he's playing a black Joe character vs that Wayans dude playing a white one in the original movie. And while we're at it, can be get Breaker to be a good ol' country boy (like he was originally) instead of a latino? Then there's the GI Joe game which had Dial Tone as a chick so there's that...

/end mini-rant

I can't believe this is actually going to be made. It's as if the first one didn't destroy the legacy of GI Joe already. Let's continue the role driving it into the ground.

[quote name='lordopus99']I can't believe this is actually going to be made. It's as if the first one didn't destroy the legacy of GI Joe already. Let's continue the role driving it into the ground.[/QUOTE]

You think the studio cares about the legacy of GI Joe.Look at how much money the first film made,am surprised it took them this long to start on the sequel.

Yeah. fuck that 3D bullshit. No one likes post production 3D so they can eat a dick and kill themselves for this dumbass idea.

Like I mentioned in the wrestling thread.. sure, they'll add 3D, but I think the real reason is because they didn't want to compete with The Avengers, Batman and Spider-Man. Consumer fatigue.

[quote name='Scorch']Like I mentioned in the wrestling thread.. sure, they'll add 3D, but I think the real reason is because they didn't want to compete with The Avengers, Batman and Spider-Man. Consumer fatigue.[/QUOTE]I think that makes the most sense to me, since 3D post-production won't take 9 months to do.

Yeah there are numerous reasons that led to this.

A) 3D to milk some more money, 3D is ruining the Blockbuster movie industry though... For every Avatar and Avengers, you get 5 John Carters, Battleships, and Dark Shadows.

B) Avoid all the big movies. This summer is jam packed with huge movie after huge movie.. it's already affected a few films box office.

C) and probably the main reason, This movie must suck harder than Jenna Jameson on a shoot. It just must be awful.

I was not a fan of the first movie but I was looking forward to seeing this, the trailers made it look enjoyable but now I have to wait 9 months?? They put so much money into marketing this already to get people excited just to delay it for a 3d conversion. I probably will go see the movie but not in 3d

they could have moved it to sept/nov/dec..........December seems to act like Summer movie season part 2 in some years with some good movies.

Maybe they were scared of Skyfall?

Honestly, I don't think they wanted to compete with another Channing Tatum movie coming out the same week where he plays a male stripper.

[quote name='ITDEFX']they could have moved it to sept/nov/dec..........December seems to act like Summer movie season part 2 in some years with some good movies.

Maybe they were scared of Skyfall?[/QUOTE]

They moved it to the week of Wrestlemania so The Rock could promote it.

[quote name='Scorch']Like I mentioned in the wrestling thread.. sure, they'll add 3D, but I think the real reason is because they didn't want to compete with The Avengers, Batman and Spider-Man. Consumer fatigue.[/QUOTE]

Good call, this is a true blockbuster year out of nowhere.

This might be the year that superhero movies hit their zenith. It's going to be a good ride, but it's not a friendly place to try and float your mediocre popcorn flick.

So I am thinking ........"how much money did Paramount spend on marketing for the June 29th release date with posters, trailers, tv spots and so on? only to have them push it back til next year. Probably a few million. They are probably spending another few million for the 3d conversion...something tell me that they are going to loose money on this movie by making this fatal mistake.

[quote name='DestroVega']
C) and probably the main reason, This movie must suck harder than Jenna Jameson on a shoot. It just must be awful.[/QUOTE]

ding ding ding

the movie sucks balls and The Rock is busy with wrestling so re-shoots are going be to difficult = big delay

What a train wreck. I saw the first one on DVD and was underwhelmed, but I thought they were at least setting up a second movie. Now they flush all the backstory of the first movie down the toilet to start over.

I hope the DVD for this one has a ton of what they are certainly scrapping.

Delay doesn't necessarily mean the movie is bad. There have been movies before that have been delayed and turns out they were just fine.

They're obviously just avoiding all the big movies coming out this summer. There's a lot of them.

Again they could have PUSHED this to NOV/DEC and it would have turned out fine. lol IGN posted a comment about all the toys for the new movie and it seems that some of it has made it to stores lol.

Maybe it would have been fine, maybe not. It was obviously a business decision to delay it so long because it doesn't take that long to do a 3D conversion. Maybe they don't have anything planned for that time next year which is why they chose to release it then. They have 5 wide release movies that will be out during that Nov/Dec time frame so far, maybe they didn't want another.

They are using the whole 3d excuse as a delay it seems but we know it's due to "Magic Mike" and the insane amount of super hero movies and comic related movies.

I'll wait till it comes out on Redbox. I don't need Bruce Willis' face in 3D.

New Details:

http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/big-problems-behind-g-i-joe-2s-big-delay/

Summary:

1) It wasn't shot in 3D.

2) Audiences in screenings didn't like The Rock's interaction with Channing Tatum (so it was re-shot).

3) They also didn't like Channing Tatum's character dying (they killed off Duke)!

4) Not wanting to compete with another Channing Tatum movie in June.

5) Battleship movie bombing wasn't a good sign.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back