GI JOE (2): Retalation

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#31 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:05 PM

Like I mentioned in the wrestling thread.. sure, they'll add 3D, but I think the real reason is because they didn't want to compete with The Avengers, Batman and Spider-Man. Consumer fatigue.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#32 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:24 PM

GI Joe 2 has some room to work with........ hell there enough time to redo the entire movie lol.

#33 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:37 PM

I look forward to not watching it in 3D.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#34 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:37 PM

Like I mentioned in the wrestling thread.. sure, they'll add 3D, but I think the real reason is because they didn't want to compete with The Avengers, Batman and Spider-Man. Consumer fatigue.

I think that makes the most sense to me, since 3D post-production won't take 9 months to do.

#35 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:38 PM

Yeah there are numerous reasons that led to this.

A) 3D to milk some more money, 3D is ruining the Blockbuster movie industry though... For every Avatar and Avengers, you get 5 John Carters, Battleships, and Dark Shadows.

B) Avoid all the big movies. This summer is jam packed with huge movie after huge movie.. it's already affected a few films box office.

C) and probably the main reason, This movie must suck harder than Jenna Jameson on a shoot. It just must be awful.

Destro1.gif            DestroVega.jpg

#36 qualityman13

qualityman13

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:13 PM

I was not a fan of the first movie but I was looking forward to seeing this, the trailers made it look enjoyable but now I have to wait 9 months?? They put so much money into marketing this already to get people excited just to delay it for a 3d conversion. I probably will go see the movie but not in 3d
Want 20% off games at Best Buy? Click here. http://www.cheapassg...t-buy-discount/
Free Amazon Prime For 3 Months (Enjoy Free Two day Shipping)
http://www.amazon.co...ef_type=generic

#37 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:21 PM

they could have moved it to sept/nov/dec..........December seems to act like Summer movie season part 2 in some years with some good movies.

Maybe they were scared of Skyfall?

#38 xmrblondex

xmrblondex

has Basketball Jones

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:43 PM

Honestly, I don't think they wanted to compete with another Channing Tatum movie coming out the same week where he plays a male stripper.
Stay ready, ain't gotta get ready

#39 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:56 PM

they could have moved it to sept/nov/dec..........December seems to act like Summer movie season part 2 in some years with some good movies.

Maybe they were scared of Skyfall?

They moved it to the week of Wrestlemania so The Rock could promote it.

Posted Image

#40 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:06 PM

One thing is for sure, Paramount must have close to no confidence in the film.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#41 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:15 PM

Good call, this is a true blockbuster year out of nowhere.

This might be the year that superhero movies hit their zenith. It's going to be a good ride, but it's not a friendly place to try and float your mediocre popcorn flick.

#42 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:25 AM

So I am thinking ........"how much money did Paramount spend on marketing for the June 29th release date with posters, trailers, tv spots and so on? only to have them push it back til next year. Probably a few million. They are probably spending another few million for the 3d conversion...something tell me that they are going to loose money on this movie by making this fatal mistake.

#43 ElwoodCuse

ElwoodCuse

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:48 AM

C) and probably the main reason, This movie must suck harder than Jenna Jameson on a shoot. It just must be awful.

ding ding ding

the movie sucks balls and The Rock is busy with wrestling so re-shoots are going be to difficult = big delay

What a train wreck. I saw the first one on DVD and was underwhelmed, but I thought they were at least setting up a second movie. Now they flush all the backstory of the first movie down the toilet to start over.

I hope the DVD for this one has a ton of what they are certainly scrapping.
But when his drinking and lusting and his hunger for power became known to more and more people, the demands to do something about this outrageous man became louder and louder.

#44 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:41 AM

Delay doesn't necessarily mean the movie is bad. There have been movies before that have been delayed and turns out they were just fine.

They're obviously just avoiding all the big movies coming out this summer. There's a lot of them.

#45 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:02 PM

Again they could have PUSHED this to NOV/DEC and it would have turned out fine. lol IGN posted a comment about all the toys for the new movie and it seems that some of it has made it to stores lol.

#46 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:21 PM

Maybe it would have been fine, maybe not. It was obviously a business decision to delay it so long because it doesn't take that long to do a 3D conversion. Maybe they don't have anything planned for that time next year which is why they chose to release it then. They have 5 wide release movies that will be out during that Nov/Dec time frame so far, maybe they didn't want another.

#47 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:58 PM

Someone mentioned Magic Mike. :booty:

#48 Calipso

Calipso

Der Metzgermeister

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:24 PM

They are using the whole 3d excuse as a delay it seems but we know it's due to "Magic Mike" and the insane amount of super hero movies and comic related movies.

I'll wait till it comes out on Redbox. I don't need Bruce Willis' face in 3D.
Currently playing:
:pc: - Red Orchestra 2
:pc: - Killing Floor
:pc: - SimCity 4
:360: - Uno
:360: - Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

#49 Jcaugustine

Jcaugustine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:31 PM

New Details:

http://www.deadline....e-2s-big-delay/

Summary:

1) It wasn't shot in 3D.

2) Audiences in screenings didn't like The Rock's interaction with Channing Tatum (so it was re-shot).

Spoiler

4) Not wanting to compete with another Channing Tatum movie in June.

5) Battleship movie bombing wasn't a good sign.

Edited by shrike4242, 30 May 2012 - 06:29 PM.

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#50 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:56 PM

Spoilers.

Posted Image

#51 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:13 PM

Spoiler

Edited by shrike4242, 30 May 2012 - 06:29 PM.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Gentleman's League Record:
Season 1: 7-9 Missed Playoffs
Season 2: 18-1 Superbowl Champs

#52 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:14 PM

Uhhh....

#53 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:12 PM

wait a minute..................

Spoiler

#54 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:39 PM

It's really not a spoiler. They came out and said all this stuff happened right up front.

#55 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:49 PM

From the sounds of it they should just reshoot the whole movie. At first I wasn't even sure if Channing Tatum was in the movie because the trailers were focused on The Rock. Now I see the movie poster for it, and wow. Seems like they were trying to make this movie all about him which is unfortunate.

I really would have preferred if this was a legit sequel to the first movie, which I thought was entertaining. I'm pretty disappointed to hear what they've done to the sequel.

#56 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:47 AM

From the sounds of it they should just reshoot the whole movie. At first I wasn't even sure if Channing Tatum was in the movie because the trailers were focused on The Rock. Now I see the movie poster for it, and wow. Seems like they were trying to make this movie all about him which is unfortunate.

I really would have preferred if this was a legit sequel to the first movie, which I thought was entertaining. I'm pretty disappointed to hear what they've done to the sequel.

I am disappointed that the Baroness was not returning.. Too bad about Scarlett.

#57 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:51 AM

I don't know why they wanted to do a reboot so badly. I know it technically isn't one, but it feels like one.

Everything I've read about it in that article has made me not want to see the movie at all, when before I was sort of interested.

#58 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:46 AM

I don't know why they wanted to do a reboot so badly. I know it technically isn't one, but it feels like one.

Everything I've read about it in that article has made me not want to see the movie at all, when before I was sort of interested.

They "rebooted" cause bringing back the whole cast at their salaries for a sequel was too much for them.

#59 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:05 AM

They "rebooted" cause bringing back the whole cast at their salaries for a sequel was too much for them.

wait what? Why reboot it? From the trailers it is clear that Zartann is still pretending to be the president so it continues on from the first movie. Honestly it should have been called "The Revenge of Cobra" because it looks like Cobra got it's revenge by wiping out the joes. I dunno why they brought Bruce Willis into this movie...he sticks out like a sore thumb when you add the Rock and the other people in it.

In other news I found the toys at walmart lol. Should have bought them and marked them up on ebay.

#60 Duo_Maxwell

Duo_Maxwell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:32 AM

Here's my impression of Jon Chu and the writers/producers pitching the idea for this sequel. ..

"Okay Paramount execs, I know I've only made shitty films about dancing and teenage popstars, but here's my idea we take a plotpoint from the decently successful first film and roll it over loosely into the sequel. Then we basically piss all over the first film, replace the almost cast with different actors and/or characters, some missing characters we won't even discuss and whomever we don't replace for the 1st film
Spoiler
, then we will make generic action hero actor X (insert the Rock later) the star of the film ensuring that we have a lead actor with limited range at best, oh and we'll also replace the main villain with a different actor of lesser caliber to balance it out. And then we'll put Bruce Willis in there somewhere as... hmm I dunno how bout as the guy that created the Joes or some crap, even though appraently none of them have met him ever and most people think that was Dennis Quaid's job from the first film..."

Paramount: "Cool here's millions of dollars but let's run it to some test audiences to just to make sure..."

Test audiences: "Your movie is bad and you should feel bad!"