seanr1221.png

#302 nCogNeato

nCogNeato

"Mr Neato" if you're nasty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:03 PM

Geez the Sims is the deal of the week and it's still expensive for me lol

Ditto.

The game it pretty mediocre for my taste. I'd consider it at $2.99, but $4.99 is too high for me.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#303 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 03:17 PM

I've never been a fan of The Sims and these reviews are really turning me off.

Oh well, seems like a good month to pick up some $2.99 games I've been waiting on.

#304 OnettHero

OnettHero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:04 PM

To expensive...

#305 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:52 PM

Game has horrible reviews on marketplace with what sounds like glitches. Think I'll pass.

#306 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:56 PM

I've never played a Sims game. I don't think I'll start with a phone version.

#307 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:37 PM

Tentacles is fun. If it was 2.99 I might have bought it but 4.99 is too much. Any idea how long its wp7 exclusive?

#308 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:43 PM

It's probably exclusive for life, but I dunno. Doubt Press Play would say if they were taking it elsewhere later.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#309 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:13 AM

Hope not and its released on another phone type in the next year and I'll pick it up.Doubt will ever have a price drop on wp7 in the next couple years.. Castlevania Puzzle was originally exclusive to iphone and they brought it wp7 about 6 months after. Its still 6.99 on wp7 and 99 cents on iphone.

#310 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:56 AM

Tentacles is fun. If it was 2.99 I might have bought it but 4.99 is too much. Any idea how long its wp7 exclusive?

Not to be a dick, but is 2.00 really that bank breaking for you?

seanr1221.png

#311 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2011 - 01:04 AM

Don't want to support them charging that much for the games. Even though they say thats what the developers are charging then why are all the live games starting at 2.99 and none below that. You'd one of them would try one at 1.99 or cheaper and see what the sales are like. The only difference in these and the android/iphone ones is achievements which I could care less about.

#312 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 21 July 2011 - 01:22 AM

We have been over this. Multiple times. But I'll quickly go over it again.

The 2.99 price point is probably in place for two reasons. MS setting a standard to not "cheapen" achievements and the higher cost that comes in when MS publishes your game/your game is an XBLA game.

I remember Rovio commenting Angry Birds took so long to come out because MS has lawyers. Lot's of them. Anyone want to dig up the quote?

The other factor is, the .99 fire sales have distorted your mind on the value of the games. Honestly? This pisses developers off, especially the little guys. Looks up how angry people were at EA when they put all their games on sale for .99 around Christmas and infiltrated the top charts in the iOS store. Now that .99 sales have become acceptable in the Apple world, combined with it being one of the most popular platforms (probably most popular for mobile gaming) it puts developers in a really bad bind. Put your game on iOS or else and put it at .99 (at least at some point) or else.

Then you have something like Tentacles. An exclusive, and from what I've played, fun game for 4.99. Sure, you could wait for it to maybe hit iOS so you can save 4.00, but you're not really supporting the developer then, and basically saying you only support fire sales.

It's 5.00. 2 coffees which take seconds to brew and minutes to consume are 5.00 at most places. You can probably get at least a few hours of play out of Tentacles. I really can't wrap my head around the rationale. It's not like Tentacles is 59.99, and most mobile games are .99.

seanr1221.png

#313 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2011 - 03:07 PM

I fully agree with Sean on this point. If a developer works hard to make a great game, we should support them by buying it. I don't think abstaining will encourage more exclusives or price dropping - it will just make devs look to other platforms with larger userbases (iOS). Tentacles is nice and long too so it's not like you won't get much value out of it.

My Plants vs. Zombies review is live. It's probably my best review and I would appreciate if you guys checked it out.

Here's my Sonic 4 review too.

Finally, I reviewed Pokedex Mobile, created by CAG's own Zophar. Great app for Pokemon fans.

-Paul Acevedo

#314 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2011 - 03:31 PM

I totally see Sean's POV and agree with what he says.

The only caveat I have is that MS do seem to have a tendency of creeping the prices of downloadable games as much as they think they can get away with.

As soon as the first few 1200 point XBLA games were out that seemed to become the new standard price point. I wouldn't like to see the $2.99 WP7 games disappearing and being replaced with $4.99 games.

As Sean states though $2 isn't much of a difference really, and in these relatively early days for WP7 it's worth supporting the devs so we get more games in the future.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#315 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2011 - 03:51 PM

The thing is that a $15 game on Xbox Live Arcade is also $15 on the Playstation Network. I think people have a hard time accepting that a WP7 game doesn't cost the same as the game on iOS.

I'm more than happy to pay the difference as I find a lot of value in achievements. A lot of people see no or very little value in achievements. So, once you remove achievements, why is the WP7 version worth more??

#316 countrygurl

countrygurl

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2011 - 03:55 PM

I just got this phone at Verizon and the rep was trying to talk me out of it because the price of games. I might take it back though because I thought maybe it was just the new games.

If the developers don't like the money they are getting for mobile games the develop something else.

I buy my phone to run apps and games and need to think about how all these extra charges are going to add up in the long run.

Has any of developers released how much they have made compared to other phone markets?

#317 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2011 - 03:58 PM

I guess the non Live enabled games are still cheap, I don't know what the minimum is but it's prolly less than $2.99

MST3K.gif

#318 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2011 - 04:11 PM

This is CHEAPASSgamer, not MODERATELYPRICEDgamer. I think most of us came here to find deals, and yes, if a game is priced higher on one platform than another, some of us are going to complain about it.

I have held off on buying XBLA games for years until I can save $5 on them, and yeah, I'll probably do the same thing with some WP7 games to save $2 or even $1.

#319 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2011 - 04:21 PM

This is CHEAPASSgamer, not MODERATELYPRICEDgamer. I think most of us came here to find deals, and yes, if a game is priced higher on one platform than another, some of us are going to complain about it.

I have held off on buying XBLA games for years until I can save $5 on them, and yeah, I'll probably do the same thing with some WP7 games to save $2 or even $1.

Exactly, not complainassgamer. It seems more like trolling really. This is a topic that has beaten a dead horse. The thread is for deals, dotw.

#320 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2011 - 05:32 PM

My final word... Be as cheap as you want, but some complaints are just unreasonable. Yes, the 360 and PS3 can do just fine even with people holding out for everything to go to clearance prices, because they're already large, well-established consoles. Neither one has to compete with some huge other console that has a 20X larger user base. WP7, on the other hand, is the scrappy little up and comer. For it to succeed, people actually do have to buy the good stuff that comes out for it. People don't buy the games, devs stop making the games. It's a clear and obvious relationship. You can hold out for fire sale prices if you like, but other people obviously must not do that or your WP7 phone will not be getting lots of good games for you (or any of us) to play.

-Paul Acevedo

#321 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:44 AM

WP7 Deal of the Week
Posted Image
July 27

-Paul Acevedo

#322 nCogNeato

nCogNeato

"Mr Neato" if you're nasty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:29 PM

Sold! :)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#323 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:33 PM

Picked it up. Cool little diversion for $2.

#324 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:00 PM

I already own Parachute Panic. No deal for me this week.

#325 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:16 AM

Got it all ready wasted about 2 hours at work on this.

#326 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 03:57 AM

Okay, I kind of forgot to post about this here. My bad!

Last weekend, we asked our readers what mobile games they would like to see ported to Windows Phone as Xbox Live titles. To make things exciting, we promised to award Beards & Beaks avatar prop codes to the nine most convincing and/or interesting entries. After pouring over the overwhelming number of entries in the contest forum thread, we have chosen nine winners.

Contest results - What mobile games WPCentral readers would like to see ported to Windows Phone

It was tough picking just nine winners, but I think it made for a great wrap-up article. Please visit the results page and post supportive comments as Microsoft will definitely be looking at the article this week. :)

-Paul Acevedo

#327 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:20 PM

Ilo Milo is 2.99, must be dotw

#328 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:33 PM

Ilo Milo is 2.99, must be dotw

It is indeed, Cro Mag Racing is the new game for this week apparently, $2.99, although it's not showing up for me yet.

MST3K.gif

#329 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:01 PM

Ilo Milo is pretty good and worth 2.99. It was given free for my Focus when it came out and I got it then. I got several hours of play time out of it and the achievements are easy.
Only thing I disliked about it was not being able to save in the middle of a level and come back. If I left the game to do anything else on the phone I'd have to redo the whole level.

#330 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:29 PM

It is indeed, Cro Mag Racing is the new game for this week apparently, $2.99, although it's not showing up for me yet.

yeah, I picked it up. I was waiting for this title. I loved the arcade version on Xbox. A game for a few dollars is hard to resist if it is good. So I saw CEO mag racing up for download, may have to check it out. I hate to admit the Sally salon appears good, I downloaded the trial. I am going to pick up one more game this week. I am thinking beards and beaks, anyone not recommend? I enjoyed the trial. Happy gaming