wp7 wp8 windows phone windows 8 windows rt xbox live red stripe deals

• Please log in to reply
3998 replies to this topic

#3541 bob101910

bob101910

Cammy's Cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:31 AM

Is Rayman Fiesta Run significantly better than Jungle Run? I bought Jungle Run when it was on sale after all the rave reviews, and honestly I found it to be one of the most overrated games I have ever played. Sure it's pretty, but the gameplay is repetitive and kind of boring. Plus the achievements are unnecessarily hard. Just wondering if Fiesta run offers more variety or improves upon the formula in any way.

Pretty much the same gameplay wise, but has easy achievements. Every level has a challenge version of it with a lot more ways to die, but it also has power-ups that you can buy with in-game currency that makes it a walk in the park. Very good game and one of the best on Windows Phone. I hope they make more. I loved playing Rayman on Sega Saturn.

My Completed Games   (Last Updated: 07/10/14 *Most Recent: Guacamelee - X1*)   

This Week on YouTube: Project Spark (X1), Madden 15 (X1) - Next Week on YouTube: N/A

***Hardest Achievement in Super Time Force Made Easy***

This Weekend on Twitch:  N/A

Gamertag: Bob101910 RFP  (FIXED)

#3542 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:36 PM

I grabbed the Win8 version of Fiesta Run since I have a lot more free space on my Win8 PC than my WP8.

Has anyone downloaded Rabbids Big Bang for Win8? The reviewers have a lot of complaints about the display.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#3543 kdiddy1989

kdiddy1989

2011 NBA Champions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:52 PM

I do .....or rather did!

You don't anymore? If not, may I ask why? I may be able to help. That's why I'm asking.

4ec5ccaa-5f05-42ab-bf25-403499b91b10_zps

and Dirk Nowitzki. After watching the 2011 Finals, I refuse to believe he's human. - Groo the Wanderer

#3544 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:47 PM

You don't anymore? If not, may I ask why? I may be able to help. That's why I'm asking.

I got 100% of the achievement (was actually the 2nd person to do so).

The reason I quit is:

1- Lost interest

2- Ran out of space on my phone so had to delete a few things

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#3545 kdiddy1989

kdiddy1989

2011 NBA Champions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:22 PM

I got 100% of the achievement (was actually the 2nd person to do so).

The reason I quit is:

1- Lost interest

2- Ran out of space on my phone so had to delete a few things

Ah ok that makes sense. Very nice on the 2nd to 100%.

and Dirk Nowitzki. After watching the 2011 Finals, I refuse to believe he's human. - Groo the Wanderer

#3546 bob101910

bob101910

Cammy's Cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:52 AM

geoDefense $0.99 is Red Stripe

I highly recommend it. Easy achievements and fun.

This Week on YouTube: Project Spark (X1), Madden 15 (X1) - Next Week on YouTube: N/A

#3547 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:56 AM

geoDefense $0.99 is Red Stripe

I highly recommend it. Easy achievements and fun.

Bah! Another 1 GB RAM game? That's two in a row.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#3548 kdiddy1989

kdiddy1989

2011 NBA Champions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:24 AM

'Your phone doesn't meet the minimum requirements needed to run this app.' :cry:

Stupid Lumia 521...

#3549 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:03 PM

So any thoughts on Cold Alley? That's the DOTW for Win8.

Edit: The game is buggy so I'm just going to pass. I need to spend more time playing/finishing my WP games anyway, so I can clear out that space. So it's a good thing I won't be picking up any distractions this week.

How the hell does Shoot 1 Up take up 201 MB is beyond me. That is double what PvZ takes up. Ridiculous! 

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#3550 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:06 PM

Well, today I got a notification of an update available for my 521. The update was around 1GB and of course it needed even more space to install. As a result I had to remove half of my games just to get the damn thing. Now that it's done...anyone know of significant changes?

I was really hoping they'd patch in the ability to run games off SD. I guess I need to look for the document that lists the changes.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#3551 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:48 AM

It looks like Mirror's Edge is the DOTW. It's currently $0.99.
I already have it :(

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#3552 bob101910

bob101910

Cammy's Cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:59 AM

Still waiting for Final Fantasy 3. Anybody know if FF3 makes phone super hot? I try to avoid games that drain my battery from 90% to 10% in 20 minutes *cough*Solitaire*cough*

#3553 ohmz

ohmz

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:47 AM

I don't think it's that bad but that could depend on your phone. You could always try the demo to see how it runs.

#3554 z3razerviper

z3razerviper

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:02 PM

I think the SD stuff is coming with 8.1

#3555 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:50 AM

Finally Got my Windows 8 Phone, gonna get some of these free games and the trial for Mirrors Edge since it's on sale

659629.png?68329996

#3556 nCogNeato

nCogNeato

"Mr Neato" if you're nasty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:07 PM

Finally Got my Windows 8 Phone, gonna get some of these free games and the trial for Mirrors Edge since it's on sale

Welcome.

tumblr_lwipupOVfN1qh59n0o1_500.gif

Posted ImagePosted Image

#3557 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2014 - 02:55 AM

Welcome.

Haha, I'm coming from a Windows 7 Phone, so this upgrade is really nice. Finally able to get all this new stuff that I couldn't before. Thanks! I think....:P

659629.png?68329996

#3558 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2014 - 01:10 PM

In two weeks, I'll finally be able to upgrade my phone and I plan on getting the Lumia 1520. But before I do, does anyone know of any reason why I should wait for the 8.1 devices? Have any specs been announced/leaked? Do we even know when they will be coming out? I'm not worried about the 1520 becoming obsolete or anything, but I do want to ensure that I am making the best purchase for myself because these phones are insanely expensive. At the same time, I'm really anxious to finally dump my current phone for one that is up-to-date, is fully working, and doesn't require me to delete everything just so I cake take a video or download a game.

#3559 thenutman69321

thenutman69321

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:49 PM

In two weeks, I'll finally be able to upgrade my phone and I plan on getting the Lumia 1520. But before I do, does anyone know of any reason why I should wait for the 8.1 devices? Have any specs been announced/leaked? Do we even know when they will be coming out? I'm not worried about the 1520 becoming obsolete or anything, but I do want to ensure that I am making the best purchase for myself because these phones are insanely expensive. At the same time, I'm really anxious to finally dump my current phone for one that is up-to-date, is fully working, and doesn't require me to delete everything just so I cake take a video or download a game.

Saving apps and games to SD cards is the only really important feature of 8.1 I've read about.  As I understand it 8.1 is an update to W8 phones though and won't require the buying of a new phone to get it.

#3560 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:50 AM

Yeah, as far as I know, a new device isn't needed for 8.1, but there are going to be new devices soon that will have it preloaded. I just don't know if they will be worth waiting for or if I should just stick with the 1520.

#3561 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:09 AM

Yeah, as far as I know, a new device isn't needed for 8.1, but there are going to be new devices soon that will have it preloaded. I just don't know if they will be worth waiting for or if I should just stick with the 1520.

Just ask yourself: "What would Psycho Dad do?"

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#3562 bob101910

bob101910

Cammy's Cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:31 AM

He would probably shoot his wife

#3563 Kazeno Katana

Kazeno Katana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:24 AM

The newer devices spec wise will likely be on par with the 1520 and Lumia Icon. So long as you like the phablet size there's nothing worth waiting for.

Lumia 930 will likely be a lot like the 1520 except packed in a 4.5" display. The successor to the Lumia 1020 likely won't be launching until the end of this year, because if it launches alongside the Lumia 930 there won't be any reason to get the 930.

663892.png?17663317

#3564 bob101910

bob101910

Cammy's Cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:57 AM

I might end up buying it. That is a very reasonable price.

#3565 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:29 AM

Just ask yourself: "What would Psycho Dad do?"

I don't think Psycho Dad would use a mobile phone. He seems like a rotary and payphone kind of guy to me.

The newer devices spec wise will likely be on par with the 1520 and Lumia Icon. So long as you like the phablet size there's nothing worth waiting for.

Lumia 930 will likely be a lot like the 1520 except packed in a 4.5" display. The successor to the Lumia 1020 likely won't be launching until the end of this year, because if it launches alongside the Lumia 930 there won't be any reason to get the 930.

Thanks for the input. I'm definitely not patient enough to wait for the 1025, although I would certainly consider it if its release were only a month or two away. As for the 930, I like it, but I never want to get another phone that doesn't have a memory card slot. Lacking one has given me so much grief with my current phone (Focus Flash) because I have to give up so much by not having expandable memory. That's the biggest selling point of the 1520 for me (and I like the ridiculous size of it for some reason). It may not have a ton of internal space, but I'm content with the thought of carrying around a few microSD cards for different types of media.

#3566 nCogNeato

nCogNeato

"Mr Neato" if you're nasty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:56 PM

I don't think Psycho Dad would use a mobile phone. He seems like a rotary and payphone kind of guy to me.

Thanks for the input. I'm definitely not patient enough to wait for the 1025, although I would certainly consider it if its release were only a month or two away. As for the 930, I like it, but I never want to get another phone that doesn't have a memory card slot. Lacking one has given me so much grief with my current phone (Focus Flash) because I have to give up so much by not having expandable memory. That's the biggest selling point of the 1520 for me (and I like the ridiculous size of it for some reason). It may not have a ton of internal space, but I'm content with the thought of carrying around a few microSD cards for different types of media.

I have the 32GB 1520 from AT&T.  I love it.  I sit at a desk all day, so the large size w/ kickstand case makes it highly functional.

After a week or 2 with the larger size, 4-5" phones will feel like toddler toys in your hands.I still have my o.g. Samung Focus to play some WP7 games, and it feels rediculously small in my hands now.  I'm amazed I was ever able to use the Focus on a daily basis.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#3567 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:46 AM

Yeah, I thought I wouldn't really like the large size, I really liked it when I messed with a 1520 at the store. The only turn-off with it is that, for the most part, I won't be able to use it with one hand because I have stubby fingers. Even the 920 is too big for me to effectively use one-handed. I'm willing to make the sacrifice for an awesome phone, though.

#3568 Kazeno Katana

Kazeno Katana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:55 AM

Pretty much every rumor around is saying the Lumia 930 will have a Micro SD card slot. Would make sense as well since Windows 8.1 is improving Micro SD Support.

663892.png?17663317

#3569 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:17 AM

Oh, I wasn't aware of that (regarding the 930). When I looked up specs for the 930, the few sites I checked had it listed as not having a slot. I guess I should've checked a few more sites. I'll have to keep an eye out for the announces made at BUILD next week and see what they say about it. If the release isn't too far off, I may consider it, although I'm still somewhat leaning toward the 1520.

#3570 Feeni

Feeni

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:44 PM

Looks like Angry Birds Rio is showing up free for some reason in the store if anyone isn't sick of Angry Birds by now.