wp7 wp8 windows phone windows 8 windows rt xbox live red stripe deals

• Please log in to reply
4013 replies to this topic

#331 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:37 PM

I downloaded IloMilo. Xbox Live version is a lot of fun.

#332 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2011 - 03:38 PM

yeah, I picked it up. I was waiting for this title. I loved the arcade version on Xbox. A game for a few dollars is hard to resist if it is good. So I saw CEO mag racing up for download, may have to check it out. I hate to admit the Sally salon appears good, I downloaded the trial. I am going to pick up one more game this week. I am thinking beards and beaks, anyone not recommend? I enjoyed the trial. Happy gaming

Beards & Beaks is fun without ever really going anywhere. If you like the demo, it's not a bad buy.

Sally's Salon, though, I actually enjoyed much more than Beards & Beaks or Tentacles. It's a great time-management game.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#333 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2011 - 03:44 PM

Beards & Beaks is fun without ever really going anywhere. If you like the demo, it's not a bad buy.

Sally's Salon, though, I actually enjoyed much more than Beards & Beaks or Tentacles. It's a great time-management game.

I just posted about this in the WP7 forum. I also bought Sally's Salon and am really enjoying it.

Beards and Beaks wasn't bad. Easy 200 gamerscore. I've played some of Tentacles. It is an interesting idea. I need to go back and play some more.

#334 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2011 - 03:48 PM

Do read this little article I wrote about Tentacles today:

http://www.wpcentral...o-tough-fix-way

-Paul Acevedo

#335 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:32 PM

it looks like pro evolution soccer is dotw, 2.99. It was 4.99 I think before. is it good? It has 4 stars.

Side note MS sodoku and minesweeper are free! With achievements! Btw-thanks eastx for the recommendation. I am leaning towards beards, but want to support tentacles. Decisions decisions

#336 nCogNeato

nCogNeato

"Mr Neato" if you're nasty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 03:08 PM

Side note MS sodoku and minesweeper are free! With achievements!

That's awesome. Are these the same as the ones included in Game Chest? Do they each have 200G?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#337 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 10 August 2011 - 03:11 PM

That's awesome. Are these the same as the ones included in Game Chest? Do they each have 200G?

50g

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#338 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:17 PM

Minesweeper and Sudoku each have ads, which is why they're free. They're not as good as the Game Chest versions, but really, who can complain about free and 50 gamerscore each? I got 20 gamerscore from just screwing around with Minesweeper for five minutes.

The soccer game is interesting, really good graphics, but soccer just isn't my thing. This being a slow month, I think I might finally get around to buying Twin Blades and Plants vs. Zombies.

BTW, for anyone who cares, Crackdown 2: Project Sunburst was delisted a few weeks ago. Sucks too, because I would have bought it if they just put out a damn notice ahead of time.

#339 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:25 PM

Minesweeper and Sudoku each have ads, which is why they're free. They're not as good as the Game Chest versions, but really, who can complain about free and 50 gamerscore each? I got 20 gamerscore from just screwing around with Minesweeper for five minutes.

The soccer game is interesting, really good graphics, but soccer just isn't my thing. This being a slow month, I think I might finally get around to buying Twin Blades and Plants vs. Zombies.

BTW, for anyone who cares, Crackdown 2: Project Sunburst was delisted a few weeks ago. Sucks too, because I would have bought it if they just put out a damn notice ahead of time.

agreed, cannot complain for free and some achievements. :) Soccer games are usually something I don't buy, but the average reviews on this game are 4 stars. If the achievements are obtainable I may buy.

Crackdown Project sunburst delisted??? I wonder why? Strange. I too would have bought it if I knew the titles fait.

@hoffer- thanks for the recommendation on Salon-I liked the demo, so I think I'll buy it after the reviews and your mention. Thanks.

#340 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:44 PM

I wonder if Project Sunburst was delisted due to its bugginess? I bought the game a couple months ago and constantly got these server errors. Without being able to connect to the server, I don't think the game worked at all. I got it to work once or twice, but even then I wasn't able to play the full game. I was trying to do some of the online stuff with a guy on my friends list, but it just didn't work.

I wonder if the game needed to be fixed and MS wasn't interested in spending the money on it. So, instead of new people buying the game, finding it didn't work and then asking for a refund, they just quit selling the game. I think the game was just a tie in for Crackdown 2. Since that game has come and gone, probably another reason for MS to lose interest in it.

#341 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:05 PM

I wonder if Project Sunburst was delisted due to its bugginess? I bought the game a couple months ago and constantly got these server errors. Without being able to connect to the server, I don't think the game worked at all. I got it to work once or twice, but even then I wasn't able to play the full game. I was trying to do some of the online stuff with a guy on my friends list, but it just didn't work.

I wonder if the game needed to be fixed and MS wasn't interested in spending the money on it. So, instead of new people buying the game, finding it didn't work and then asking for a refund, they just quit selling the game. I think the game was just a tie in for Crackdown 2. Since that game has come and gone, probably another reason for MS to lose interest in it.

I think Eastx wrote something about it on WPCentral, I want to say they'd tried to fix it but the patch didn't pass certification so they just gave up and called it a day.

Now I have teh rarez WP7 game !! :bouncy:

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#342 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:04 AM

I think Eastx wrote something about it on WPCentral, I want to say they'd tried to fix it but the patch didn't pass certification so they just gave up and called it a day.

Now I have teh rarez WP7 game !! :bouncy:

i think your right, I now kinda remember. Anyone here anything new about the integration between kinect and win 7 phones? Part of mango?

#343 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:21 PM

it looks like Tetris is dotw. I believe it was 4.99 and is now 2.99. It seems the negative reviews about Tetris is from people rating it low because the trial is ridiculously short. I am not sure why you would rate a game by the lack of lengthy trial mode?! But reading a lot of reviews on alot of games it seems people also give bad ratings for the game not being free!

#344 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:46 PM

http://www.wpcentral...l-week-comrades

I think it's a great version of Tetris. If you don't mind spending money on Tetris after all these years, it's an easy purchase.

-Paul Acevedo

#345 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 02:26 PM

I might be skipping Tetris. I realized something about 4 years ago. I stink at Tetris.

First time I remember playing Tetris was in college about 16 years ago. Since then, I've spent quite a few hours playing Tetris. Then I got a retail Xbox 360 version of Tetris and I was only able to get 1 of 50 achievements. I looked at some of the other supposedly easy achievements, but they were impossible to me.

I stink at puzzle games in general. Around this same time, I also picked up Lumines on XBLA. I suck at it as well. I'm also terrible at Bejeweled.

Edited by Hoffer, 01 September 2011 - 11:47 PM.

#346 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 03:27 PM

Downloaded Tetris. Really hard to go wrong with that. Might pick up that new Ionball game too.

#347 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 03:49 PM

Yea, I bit on Tetris for that price. Seemed to control pretty well during the trial. Guess we will see as I play more but for $3 and under I'll buy pretty much anything as long as the controls work.

I have found that the #1 factor that determines if I buy a game on WP7 is how well the controls work. I never had an iphone or ipod touch so I never really got the whole gaming with a touch screen phenomenon until I got my WP7 a few months ago. I always figured that there were some games that just wouldn't work or at least wouldn't work well enough to be fun. The PES 11 deal last week was a pretty good example of that type of game that just doesn't work. I passed on the Sims dotw as well due to the poor controls. Looking back I probably should have passed on Pac-Man, Glyde & Rise of Glory as well.

Also, they have delisted the two Star Wars games and Fast and Furious from WP7. If you have the trial versions on your phone you should still be able to buy the full versions.

Edited by GLOCKGLOCK, 17 August 2011 - 03:59 PM.

Hail to Pitt!

#348 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 04:09 PM

WTF is up with all these delistings without warning? I totally would have bought the cantina game and Fast and Furious if there had at least been a warning ahead of time.

But you're totally right about how some games just control like crap on phones, especially if they insist on just having motion controls. Super Monkey Ball and I Love Katamari would have been must-buys if they just included the option of having a stick on the screen control the action.

#349 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 04:35 PM

Picked up Tetris and Ionball, both seemed well worth $3.

Ionball EX seems especially good, I really like those Arkanoid style games.

Sucks about Fast and the Furious getting de-listed, I was just waiting for that to go on sale.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#350 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:43 PM

Yea, I need to hop on some more of the $3 releases instead of waiting on them. I picked up Fruit Ninja, Angry Birds and Beards and Beaks while I was on vacation and have really enjoyed all of them. The CAG in me always says wait for a deal, but I definitely think it is good for the platform as a whole if people support new games at launch.

The delistings are a bit worrisome to me, especially because some of these games have not been out that long. That said, just download all the trials onto your phone and you should be able to purchase the full versions through the game interface if they do get delisted. I know you might have to sort through a bunch of trial games to find the ones you want to play, but hopefully the updates coming to the XBL interface this year will make it easy to sort between full and trial versions of the game, much like you can do on the 360 dashboard.

Hail to Pitt!

#351 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:47 PM

Yea, I need to hop on some more of the $3 releases instead of waiting on them. I picked up Fruit Ninja, Angry Birds and Beards and Beaks while I was on vacation and have really enjoyed all of them. The CAG in me always says wait for a deal, but I definitely think it is good for the platform as a whole if people support new games at launch.

The delistings are a bit worrisome to me, especially because some of these games have not been out that long. That said, just download all the trials onto your phone and you should be able to purchase the full versions through the game interface if they do get delisted. I know you might have to sort through a bunch of trial games to find the ones you want to play, but hopefully the updates coming to the XBL interface this year will make it easy to sort between full and trial versions of the game, much like you can do on the 360 dashboard.

Wow, I wanted to check out the star wars. Oh well. I am with you, 2.99 and I'll bite and supporting the developers for win7 is important. I should buy more games but such a huge backlog. Also good news if you like avatar achievements, a windows live game announced will have avatar unlocks. I like having extras to unlock and on the go, awesome

#352 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:48 PM

We did cover the 3 games disappearing:

http://www.wpcentral...le-hoth-cantina

The delistings are because the publishers lost the licenses to those games and so they yanked them. Of course they should have warned everybody in advance... Anyway, I'd post more stuff like that here, but I've seen very little indication that anyone reads or responds to them, so it's not worth the effort right now. I do still love you all though.

-Paul Acevedo

#353 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:49 PM

I read and respond!

seanr1221.png

#354 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:12 PM

Man, I think I want to take back anything good that I said about the Tetris controls. Maybe I just need more time with it, or maybe I'm realizing that I must have secretly hated Tetris since the Nintendo World Championships from back in the days.

So are the rumors true that there is no release this week? Hope we still get a deal of the week.

One question for everyone out there, has anyone found a good protective case for the Trophy? Verizon carries nothing but iPhone and Droid accessories in the stores and there is next to nothing for sale on the Verizon website either.

Hail to Pitt!

#355 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:49 PM

http://www.wpcentral...-game-august-24

-Paul Acevedo

#356 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:53 PM

What I don't get about delistings, is don't publishers realize that if they just gave gamers a warning of one week, their profits from those games would spike from all the people hurrying to purchase the games?

It just seems like terrible business to not give people any warning.

#357 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:12 PM

DrunkAgain, you're right that publicizing the delistings would have been way smarter. Chalk it up to those companies' mobile divisions having crappy PR (we've never been able to get a response from I-Play, Fast & Furious's publisher, on any topic).

There may be no Xbox Live release tomorrow, but I will have at least 3 cool gaming-related articles going up! Sean, at least, will enjoy them. >:)

-Paul Acevedo

#358 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:16 PM

It's not just an issue with mobile games though. Plenty of games have disappeared from Xbox Live Arcade with zero warning. Very, very annoying.

#359 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:32 PM

DrunkAgain, you're right that publicizing the delistings would have been way smarter. Chalk it up to those companies' mobile divisions having crappy PR (we've never been able to get a response from I-Play, Fast & Furious's publisher, on any topic).

There may be no Xbox Live release tomorrow, but I will have at least 3 cool gaming-related articles going up! Sean, at least, will enjoy them. >:)

Hey, I pretty much lobbed up a softball sized question that let you link to your site today so don't think sean is the only person who checks out your site. ;) I couldn't remember if I saw the article on your wpcentral, TA or x360a. Figured it had to be one of those 3 since that is pretty much all I check on a daily basis outside of CAG. :D

Hail to Pitt!

#360 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:59 PM

Oh yeah, thanks man. Now if only some of my fellow CAGs would actually comment on articles... That's extremely important because it's developers/publishers' only way of gauging interest in the scoops and interviews they give us. More comments = more news, which is good for everybody.

Perhaps you'd like to know the Deal of the Week a little early?

Super Monkey Ball goes on sale, promptly rolls of a cliff

-Paul Acevedo

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wp7, wp8, windows phone, windows 8, windows rt, xbox live, red stripe deals