I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:12 PM

Ugh, I've tried the Monkey Ball demo.

It's unplayable.

#362 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:16 PM

East, are they 3 new gaming announcements tomorrow?

seanr1221.png

#363 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:19 PM

Nope, still 3 more things coming. 1 of them might get delayed depending on the developer, but definitely at least 2 (1 of which is an interview).

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#364 Ratchet & CAG

Ratchet & CAG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 04:51 PM

RE: Amazon's policies.

Off topic, but I ordered a Smartphone from Amazon last week (August 12th) for $99.00 even. It's been on backorder for a while.

Just two days ago I saw that the price dropped to $82.99, so the first thing I do is go to my page and try to cancel the old order and place a new one. However, the magical "Shipping Soon" status appeared on my order, meaning the option to manually cancel it is gone (after 10 days of just sitting there with no movement).

So I contact customer service to either cancel the order or credit me the $17 difference, but they won't do neither.

It's been on "Shipping Soon" status for the last 2 days now, and it's still on that blasted status today as I'm staring at it right now refreshing my page.

WTF Amazon?

This is the 3rd problem I've had with them in the last 2 weeks!

1) Misadvertising Sucker Punch 2-Disc as a 4-Disc
2) Pre-order guarantee of Deus Ex $20 promo credit not applied
3) And now this problem

They could've easily canceled my order 2 days ago with no incident rather than give me BS about not being able to cancel the shipping process! I want to contact them again and demand they cancel it or else I'll just return the item to place a new order for the lower price difference.

I've only done a return like once and I hate, hate, hate all the return hassle so I'm just hoping they could cancel my order for me to place a new one, or just credit me the difference.

Has anyone had a similar issue?

#365 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:27 PM

RE: Amazon's policies.

Off topic, but I ordered a Smartphone from Amazon last week (August 12th) for $99.00 even. It's been on backorder for a while.

Just two days ago I saw that the price dropped to $82.99, so the first thing I do is go to my page and try to cancel the old order and place a new one. However, the magical "Shipping Soon" status appeared on my order, meaning the option to manually cancel it is gone (after 10 days of just sitting there with no movement).

So I contact customer service to either cancel the order or credit me the $17 difference, but they won't do neither.

It's been on "Shipping Soon" status for the last 2 days now, and it's still on that blasted status today as I'm staring at it right now refreshing my page.

.........(deleted to shorten)
Has anyone had a similar issue?

I have not had a similar issue. The first pair of phones I purchased via amazon wireless was a good experience. I got a win7 phone and an android phone for my wife-intially it was 70 for both, a few days later they both dropped in price, called, and I was told they will lower but only once for this purchase so if the phones got cheaper in the next week or two they wouldn't adjust. So the cost to me when to only 25. I had to return the phones however due to Tmobile's service was horrible in my area. Did you buy it from amazon wireless? or through amazon in general? That may be the difference?

Hey, I pretty much lobbed up a softball sized question that let you link to your site today so don't think sean is the only person who checks out your site. ;) I couldn't remember if I saw the article on your wpcentral, TA or x360a. Figured it had to be one of those 3 since that is pretty much all I check on a daily basis outside of CAG. :D

I too visit the site.
@eastx-In fact I have the app on my phone. You mention more comments would be good, and I'll try to do just that. The other day I watched a video on wpcentral about the Mango update and the new tile for the website will allow comments with the live tile/push notifications. Then we won't have an excuse to not leave a comment! :)

BTW: I am on the fence w/ Monkey ball. The controls complaint are legit. The achievments will make or break the purchase for me.

Edited by MastrMeatWad, 24 August 2011 - 05:43 PM.

#366 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:41 PM

Ugh, I've tried the Monkey Ball demo.

It's unplayable.

This, it's not even worth $2.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#367 Ratchet & CAG

Ratchet & CAG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:40 PM

I have not had a similar issue. The first pair of phones I purchased via amazon wireless was a good experience. I got a win7 phone and an android phone for my wife-intially it was 70 for both, a few days later they both dropped in price, called, and I was told they will lower but only once for this purchase so if the phones got cheaper in the next week or two they wouldn't adjust. So the cost to me when to only 25. I had to return the phones however due to Tmobile's service was horrible in my area. Did you buy it from amazon wireless? or through amazon in general? That may be the difference?

Thanks for the info.

Mine is just Amazon in general.

I'll contact them again and see if they'll give me credit/refund.

#368 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:22 PM

Ratchet, I highly suggest complaining again and mentioning that because your order has not shipped, you would like the price adjusted. That usually works for me. if not, refusing the shipment is the only answer.

For some reason my editor hasn't posted the really cool interview yet, but here's 3 gaming related articles anyway:

Cro-Mag Rally developer humbly details upcoming patch
Hydro Thunder GO update and Venice Canals map cross the finish line (that map was hard to get!)
Fight Game Rivals busts out on Xbox Live on August 31

MasterMeatWad, thanks for the support! Very cool of you. That's how to do it, everybody.

-Paul Acevedo

#369 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:07 PM

Here's the interview I promised the other day:

Xbox Live Developer interview: PopCap, makers of Plants vs. Zombies

and in case you missed it,

Sonic CD coming to Windows Phone this year, Sonic 4 Episode II coming in 2012

Please do comment on the interview, guys. Keeps PopCap happy with us.

-Paul Acevedo

#370 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:18 PM

Read and commented.

You should get an interview with HalfBrick and demand Age of Zombies comes soon, along with the pomegranate update to Fruit Ninja!

seanr1221.png

#371 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:20 PM

Thanks Sean! Halfbrick consistently ignores my emails, argh. But I might be able to pull some strings and pressure them into an interview sometime.

-Paul Acevedo

#372 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:27 PM

There's a couple Halfbrick guys on Gaf if you're a member.

Halfbrick phil is one I believe.

seanr1221.png

#373 Kismayaz

Kismayaz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:56 PM

any word on tomorrow's dotw?

#374 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:16 PM

WP7 Deal of the Week
Posted Image
August 31

-Paul Acevedo

#375 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:26 PM

Yessssssss.

seanr1221.png

#376 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:31 PM

Is Fight Game Rivals still coming out today Eastx, checked WPCentral this morning but didn't see anything?

MST3K.gif

#377 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:33 PM

Is Fight Game Rivals still coming out today Eastx, checked WPCentral this morning but didn't see anything?

It's out now, but we haven't found a download link for it yet... We get those from certain websites like WP7applist, who hasn't listed the game on time for some reason.

-Paul Acevedo

#378 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:36 PM

It's out now, but we haven't found a download link for it yet... We get those from certain websites like WP7applist, who hasn't listed the game on time for some reason.

Yeah I see it now, didn't see it this morning when I was downloading Fable Coin Golf.

MST3K.gif

#379 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:37 PM

Ratchet, I highly suggest complaining again and mentioning that because your order has not shipped, you would like the price adjusted. That usually works for me. if not, refusing the shipment is the only answer.

For some reason my editor hasn't posted the really cool interview yet, but here's 3 gaming related articles anyway:

Cro-Mag Rally developer humbly details upcoming patch
Hydro Thunder GO update and Venice Canals map cross the finish line (that map was hard to get!)
Fight Game Rivals busts out on Xbox Live on August 31

MasterMeatWad, thanks for the support! Very cool of you. That's how to do it, everybody.

You are welcome. I like the site and the articles. Keep up the good work! I am excited for the new app with live tiles-push. Now if only Mango update will come sooner than later. :)

Love that fable golf is dotw. I downloaded the fight game rivals trial. Not bad actually. i was expecting something totally different.

Edited by MastrMeatWad, 31 August 2011 - 03:32 PM.

#380 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2011 - 01:13 PM

I am finding Fight Game Rivals wickedly fun so far. The fights have a bit of a Pokemon vibe, and I like how minigames influence how effective your moves are.

And here we go!

Fight Game Rivals arrives on the Marketplace and beats everybody up

Edited by eastx, 31 August 2011 - 01:41 PM.

-Paul Acevedo

#381 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:37 PM

I'll definitely get Fable Coin Golf, maybe Fight Game Rivals.

#382 Kismayaz

Kismayaz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:58 PM

Picked up coin golf. Tried the demo for fight rivals. It seemed pretty cool. Has rocket riot always been $5? For some reason, I thought it was $3..

#383 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:20 PM

Rocket Riot was on sale for $3 once - it's listed in post # 3, past sales.

Star Wars Cantina and Battle for Hoth can still be downloaded - hurry

Gravity Guy flips to Xbox Live on September 7

-Paul Acevedo

#384 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:37 PM

Thanks for the heads up on those Star Wars Zune links, but it looks like I'll have to wait to get home to download them. Hopefully they're still working then.

#385 TctclMvPhase

TctclMvPhase

Dismal Scientist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:05 PM

Fable Coin Golf was the one deal I was really waiting for, but now that its here, I can't bring myself to buy it.

black_swan_movie-640x120.jpg

"I was perfect....

#386 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:18 PM

Fable Coin Golf was the one deal I was really waiting for, but now that its here, I can't bring myself to buy it.

Why not? If you're interested in the game, it makes sense to buy it while it's cheap...

-Paul Acevedo

#387 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:41 AM

I was skeptical of fight game...I'll have to give it a try.

seanr1221.png

#388 Teeheehee

Teeheehee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2011 - 02:35 AM

How are the achievements for Fable Coin Golf? Are they annoying or hard to do?

EDIT: Just looked it up, gold rank in all holes? Sounds too brutal.

#389 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2011 - 02:54 AM

Picked up Fable Coin Golf and Fight Game Rivals, both seemed worth a shot at $3.

MST3K.gif

#390 TctclMvPhase

TctclMvPhase

Dismal Scientist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2011 - 03:00 AM

Why not? If you're interested in the game, it makes sense to buy it while it's cheap...

I just don't use my phone for gaming enough to even justify the sale price. Do they ever have sales more than 50% off?

black_swan_movie-640x120.jpg

"I was perfect....