• Please log in to reply
4007 replies to this topic

#3991 bob101910

bob101910

Cammy's Cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2014 - 03:42 PM

Damn it, Netflix!

I'm stuck in the Terraria tutorial right now. The game just won't recognize that I've built a house and added a door to it. I need to search online and see how people got through that on other platforms.

Also, aiming in Terraria is the worst of any game I've played. Super annoying when trying to build things.

On the plus side, it just might support Moga controllers!

Did you add walls on the house (on the inside)? Sometimes it won't work if corruption is too close also. That was the problem I had on 360. If Moga controls are same as what they are on 360, I might finally buy one..

My Completed Games   (Last Updated: 07/10/14 *Most Recent: Guacamelee - X1*)   

This Week on YouTube: Project Spark (X1), Madden 15 (X1) - Next Week on YouTube: N/A

***Hardest Achievement in Super Time Force Made Easy***

This Weekend on Twitch:  N/A

Gamertag: Bob101910 RFP  (FIXED)

#3992 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Munky blows goats. I have proof.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2014 - 04:36 PM

Damn it, Netflix!

I'm stuck in the Terraria tutorial right now. The game just won't recognize that I've built a house and added a door to it. I need to search online and see how people got through that on other platforms.

Also, aiming in Terraria is the worst of any game I've played. Super annoying when trying to build things.

On the plus side, it just might support Moga controllers!

You sure you have the size right as well?  And like bob said, you may have missed one little inside wall in a corner (that you might not be able to see) and that could be the issue?

Have you played Terraria before Paul?  If not, I'm not sure mobile is the best choice for your first time.  It's really an amazing game.  Most people love the PC controls.  I had no issues with console controls after about 15 mins.  But mobile, yeah aiming and other things may cause some issues.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#3993 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:10 PM

You sure you have the size right as well?  And like bob said, you may have missed one little inside wall in a corner (that you might not be able to see) and that could be the issue?

Have you played Terraria before Paul?  If not, I'm not sure mobile is the best choice for your first time.  It's really an amazing game.  Most people love the PC controls.  I had no issues with console controls after about 15 mins.  But mobile, yeah aiming and other things may cause some issues.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I built a solid ceiling (which was excruciating to do with the crap aiming)  but no dice... I need to see an image of exact how the thing is supposed to look, I think.

Yeah, phone is definitely not the way to start considering the controls are so bad. I still need to see if the Moga controller works, and whether that helps. But I need to review this version, so that's got to be my introduction. Later on I can review the Xbox one version when that comes out.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#3994 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:23 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I built a solid ceiling (which was excruciating to do with the crap aiming)  but no dice... I need to see an image of exact how the thing is supposed to look, I think.

Yeah, phone is definitely not the way to start considering the controls are so bad. I still need to see if the Moga controller works, and whether that helps. But I need to review this version, so that's got to be my introduction. Later on I can review the Xbox one version when that comes out.

I see.  I hope the mobile version doesn't sour you too much on what is actually an excellent game.

I can't wait for the PS4 version, really hoping it has a separate trophy list since the Vita version had a shared list with the PS3 version.

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#3995 bob101910

bob101910

Cammy's Cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:27 PM

I bought it and just completed the tutorial. You can hold down for precision aiming. I can take a picture of my house in about 2 hours. Build wall panels at a workbench and fill your entire house with them if you haven't already. That's what I meant by inside walls.

I'm liking the controls. Doors open automatically and you can auto mine. On PC you have to click everything. 1 block at a time. Options look like they support Moga.           

UPDATE:

I made a video instead of a picture. Xsplit doesn't work right without my 2nd monitor, so I wasn't able to make it as big as possible and there is no audio. I messed up a few times, but was holding the phone at a weird angle because the wire is messed up and the phone needs to be held a certain way for the computer to recognize the phone. I think after an hour or 2, I would be able to adjust.

At 3:10 I was having problems putting walls down. Not sure if that was a bug or if I was doing something wrong. It does start working later. You know the game counts it as a house when the guide moves in (face banner shows up).

http://youtu.be/KxLVmP14p3k

Update: After about 15 minutes, the controls started feeling great. I figured out why the wall wasn't working in the video. You press gently to zoom in, then press harder to actually put the wall down. My 2nd house went a lot smoother and took under a minute to build.

This Week on YouTube: Project Spark (X1), Madden 15 (X1) - Next Week on YouTube: N/A

#3996 Feeni

Feeni

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2014 - 12:26 PM

So the general consensus is that if you haven't previously played Terreria before then the phone version is not the one to experience first, correct?

#3997 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2014 - 03:50 PM

So the general consensus is that if you haven't previously played Terreria before then the phone version is not the one to experience first, correct?

I think the consensus is that you shouldn't play the phone version period. Go with one of the other version.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#3998 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2014 - 04:34 PM

I believe so, yeah.  The phone version isn't unplayable, but using a controller or keyboard/mouse is much easier.  Phone version should be for Terraria pros who know what they're doing and are ready for a greater challenge because the inputs are more difficult.  That's just my two cents though.

You should definitely be playing Terraria somewhere though.  PC or console.  Amazing game.

#3999 bob101910

bob101910

Cammy's Cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2014 - 05:33 PM

Over 100 ratings and averaging 4.8 out of 5 stars on marketplace. I'm loving the phone version. Feels way easier than Xbox or PC. I don't remember if those versions started you with a full set of bronze tools and it feels like there is no fall damage (or at least you have to fall longer to take it).

Phone version is not the best, but a new player would certainly enjoy it. The controls are fine. They don't make the game more challenging. I might stream some gameplay of it later today. The video earlier was of my first time playing and not knowing the controls. I might make a new one showing how much smoother it is.

UPDATE: There is definitely fall damage, but it feels further than on 360 version. I haven't played 360 version since the month it came out, so I could be mistaken.

Preparing to enter hard mode. Just finished building the boss "arena" in hell. Not sure which weapon I want to use. Thinking Minishark. The test run to make sure the arena was long enough, using the boomerang, didn't go so well. I left a lava pocket open and fell in. Boomerang wasn't doing much damage anyways.

#4000 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2014 - 02:15 PM

I guess Age of Empires WP will be dropping any day now, right?

http://www.trueachie...chievements.htm

Edit: It's live now. Downloading.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#4001 bob101910

bob101910

Cammy's Cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2014 - 05:25 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Downloading now.

Tower Creeper dev responded to my 2 star review saying a patch fixed the problems I was having. First time a dev responded. Tried out the game again and the problems were gone. 4 stars now. Hope more devs patch their games and respond. There are a lot that I wanted to like, but they were way too buggy.

Starting the Terraria endgame grind for all the armors. Not looking forward to it.

#4002 Kromis

Kromis

Für das Vaterland!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:31 PM

I guess Age of Empires WP will be dropping any day now, right?

http://www.trueachie...chievements.htm

Edit: It's live now. Downloading.

Sheeeit thanks for the reminder! I totally forgot this was coming.

#4003 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 01:21 AM

Win8 version is out too btw.

Also...I think I am still in shock.....a red stripe deal that is not a repeat: AC: Pirates.  Worth picking up?

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#4004 bob101910

bob101910

Cammy's Cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 03:10 AM

Win8 version is out too btw.

Also...I think I am still in shock.....a red stripe deal that is not a repeat: AC: Pirates.  Worth picking up?

It was gone for awhile and just came back not long ago. I'm surprised to see it on sale already and will be picking it up. Hopefully it works.

Update: Played it for about 30 minutes. No problems on Lumia 1020. A lot of the reviews are negative from before they patched it. The price is right. After Terraria, I'll probably be playing a ton of it. Feels like Ubisoft could have easily made it f2p with microwaves and hot pockets, but they didn't. Good for them. They probably should have included a trial this time around so people could see if the game works on their phone. I can see a lot of people reading the review section than not even trying it.

I'm also glad that Terraria doesn't have a trial. I almost didn't buy 360 version because the controls were weird in the tutorial trial, but I gave it a chance anyways. In this case, I think it is better not to have a trial because a trial couldn't be long enough to get a feel for the controls.

If anybody knows a duplication glitch for Terraria, I'm not above using it. Did the grind legit with a friend on 360 and the farming was too hardcore for me to do it all over again by myself. I'd really appreciate it if one is found.

#4005 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 11:20 AM

I'm assuming if I didn't like Terraria on PC or Xbox, I probably won't like it on the phone either?  I was going to give it a shot just for the heck of it, but there isn't a demo.

#4006 bob101910

bob101910

Cammy's Cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 02:42 PM

Yeah that is probably safe to say. Feels exactly like Xbox version when it first came out. That one might have been updated further than the phone version since.

#4007 gatordeve86

gatordeve86

CAG Master

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 02:45 PM

switching to Sprint wish they had a good Windows Phone that I could get.. guess I'm getting a S5... my last 3 Windows Phones have suffered from charging port breaking

Gator%20Deve%2086.jpg

Currently Playing:

:xb1: Diablo III

:xb1: Madden 15

#4008 bob101910

bob101910

Cammy's Cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 11:51 PM

I really dislike how turning off notifications for AOE doesn't actually do anything

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wp7, wp8, windows phone, windows 8, windows rt, xbox live, red stripe deals