wp7 wp8 windows phone windows 8 windows rt xbox live red stripe deals

• Please log in to reply
4013 replies to this topic

#991 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

"I'm all for butt stuff" -Munkywawa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:16 PM

^Glad it's free, doesn't feel like it's worth a whole lot more than that.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#992 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:58 PM

Hmm, I wonder how difficult the game is without buying any of the extra guns.

#993 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:05 PM

Hmm, I wonder how difficult the game is without buying any of the extra guns.

You can always try it out on your PC for free. I only played for 30 minutes or so, but it was fun and easy during that time.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#994 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:25 PM

I'll just wait for the phone version because for me, playing on the phone and playing on the PC are two very different experiences. I suppose I could use my Wacom tablet, but I'm trying to keep it sealed so I can maybe sell it for a good price.

#995 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:04 PM

What I do when I'm bored:

Total WP Xbox Live Games/Apps: 118 (including 8 delisted)
Free Games/Apps: 11
Games to receive a sale: 58
Games not to receive a sale, but get a price drop to $.99: 5
Games never to go on sale: 44

So out of the 107 games that cost money, 63 of them either went on sale or had a price drop to $0.99 (58.9%).

However, it's probably not fair to count games that came out within the last 3 months as not going on sale because they haven't had time to yet. There are 11 of those, so out of the 96 games that are 3 months or older, 63 have gone on sale and 33 haven't. So 65.6% of games 3 months or older have gone on sale or seen price drops.

Just thought I'd share since I know there are a few other CAGs who are number-nerds as well. I can't promise any of these numbers are exact, but they should be pretty close.

Personal Stats:

I own 54 WP XBox Live games (7 Free, 47 paid)
I've spent $121.48 on games (including tax)
I've paid full price for 4 (PvZ, Angry Birds, Star Wars Cantina, Star Wars Battle for Hoth)
I've only skipped 4 DotW's since I've owned my phone (Cro-Mag Rally, The Sims 3, Earthworm Jim, Brain Challenge)

Edited by tylerh1701, 26 April 2012 - 11:28 PM.

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#996 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:39 AM

What I do when I'm bored:

Total WP Xbox Live Games/Apps: 118 (including 8 delisted)
Free Games/Apps: 11
Games to receive a sale: 58
Games not to receive a sale, but get a price drop to $.99: 5
Games never to go on sale: 44

So out of the 107 games that cost money, 63 of them either went on sale or had a price drop to $0.99 (58.9%).

However, it's probably not fair to count games that came out within the last 3 months as not going on sale because they haven't had time to yet. There are 11 of those, so out of the 96 games that are 3 months or older, 63 have gone on sale and 33 haven't. So 65.6% of games 3 months or older have gone on sale or seen price drops.

Just thought I'd share since I know there are a few other CAGs who are number-nerds as well. I can't promise any of these numbers are exact, but they should be pretty close.

Personal Stats:

I own 54 WP XBox Live games (7 Free, 47 paid)
I've spent $121.48 on games (including tax)
I've paid full price for 4 (PvZ, Angry Birds, Star Wars Cantina, Star Wars Battle for Hoth)
I've only skipped 4 DotW's since I've owned my phone (Cro-Mag Rally, The Sims 3, Earthworm Jim, Brain Challenge)

thanks, like the numbers. There will be some of those old games that never see a dotw, just like live. Now which ones...

Funny, I skipped the same dotw games you did. Exactly.

#997 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:59 AM

thanks, like the numbers. There will be some of those old games that never see a dotw, just like live. Now which ones...

Funny, I skipped the same dotw games you did. Exactly.

It seems fairly clear that the Game Room games probably won't go on sale, as none of them have yet (though I think they'd be great candidates for a $0.99 price drop).

I'd love to put together similar numbers for XBLA games, but it's at least 4 times as big as the WP marketplace, so I don't envision myself ever doing it. I just had some free time at work today and thought I'd put together a comprehensive spreadsheet.

#998 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:08 AM

wish I had patience to wait for sales.

Own: 69 (technically 70, but Star Wars Cantina was delisted and got erased from my phone when I had to do a factory reset because an update messed up my wifi)

Free: 7
Bought on Sale/price drop: 6
Games bought full price: 57
Total spent: hell if I know, close to $200

I play my phone games at work a lot. I'm a security guard and work thirds. sit in a shack most of the night. Play my phone games and watch Netflix. lol

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#999 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:10 AM

It's a lot easier for me to be patient with digital games because I usually don't have to worry about them going out of stock. So far, I have 14 Live games (and about 17 non-Live games). Of those, I've paid for 8, all on sale for 99 cents each except for Kinectimals (which was $1.99). There are very few games that I am willing to pay more than a dollar for: The Oregon Trail, Full House Poker, and ilomilo. And I already own these on other platforms, so I'm willing to wait for them to drop. I'm not confident that they ever will, but who knows.

If we ever happen to get Game Dev Story or a Kefling game, those will probably be day-one purchases for me. That goes for Scribblenauts as well, although I would really much rather have a 3DS sequel.

EDIT: Oh damn, I didn't realize that Scribblenauts Remix has already been released. Last I heard, it was still just a bunch of speculation. Well, maybe there's hope that this'll come to WP7. I still really want a new game for 3DS, though.

Edited by ZombieToast, 27 April 2012 - 10:21 AM.

#1000 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:11 PM

It's a lot easier for me to be patient with digital games because I usually don't have to worry about them going out of stock. So far, I have 14 Live games (and about 17 non-Live games). Of those, I've paid for 8, all on sale for 99 cents each except for Kinectimals (which was $1.99). There are very few games that I am willing to pay more than a dollar for: The Oregon Trail, Full House Poker, and ilomilo. And I already own these on other platforms, so I'm willing to wait for them to drop. I'm not confident that they ever will, but who knows.

If we ever happen to get Game Dev Story or a Kefling game, those will probably be day-one purchases for me. That goes for Scribblenauts as well, although I would really much rather have a 3DS sequel.

EDIT: Oh damn, I didn't realize that Scribblenauts Remix has already been released. Last I heard, it was still just a bunch of speculation. Well, maybe there's hope that this'll come to WP7. I still really want a new game for 3DS, though.

Keflings would be awesome! Except everything turns into a jumpled mess on my 46" screen with controller input, I can't imagine how much of a log jam Keflings would be on my 4" HTC Arrive.

#1001 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:17 PM

Tyler, since you like bookkeeping so much, you can be my official research assistant. :D You and Meatwad also remain my official CAG loyal readers, while everyone else perpetually receives a frowny face.

-Paul Acevedo

#1002 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:28 PM

Tyler, since you like bookkeeping so much, you can be my official research assistant. :D You and Meatwad also remain my official CAG loyal readers, while everyone else perpetually receives a frowny face.

SWEET! A smiley face AND a new title! :whee:

Also, this thread seems to be getting glithcy. I have the option to view Page 51 (I sort by 20 posts per page) but there's nothing there.

EDIT: Oh, the thread thinks there's an extra comment. "Showing results 1,001 to 1,002 of 1,002" Except there isn't a 1002nd post yet.

#1003 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:43 PM

YES! :D

I will also continue to be! now if you also covered football I would be in line there too!

#1004 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:10 PM

Dang Tyler, I could have used you when I researched this one for a couple of hours last night. I go crazy on the research sometimes.

Pac-Man Kart Rally to be the first wireless multiplayer WP7 game

-Paul Acevedo

#1005 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:21 PM

Dang Tyler, I could have used you when I researched this one for a couple of hours last night. I go crazy on the research sometimes.

Pac-Man Kart Rally to be the first wireless multiplayer WP7 game

Cool game! Thanks Paul. But..but..but..why do we still lack a true live mutliplayer game?

#1006 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:22 PM

Baby steps! And yeah, would love to race against you if I'm ever in Washington. Will probably be in LA this June for E3, at least. :)

-Paul Acevedo

#1007 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:23 PM

Baby steps!

lol..true true.. Ms. Splosionman hopefully will break the mold!

#1008 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:27 PM

Well it was very well researched, and a good read. Game looks fun, but I'll be holding off on it for a DotW/Price Drop. Multiplayer sounds cool, I know a couple friends with Windows Phones but I don't think either of them would drop $5 on this either, so no MP for me.

And that multiplayer achievement is garbage. I have no problem with MP achievements, and if it was win 1 or 5 races in MP I might have tried talking my friends into it once I get it. But win 50 MP races is a crazy grind, I hate stupid achievements like that. /rant (sorry, stupid achievements are one of my biggest pet peeves.)

#1009 Count Van Ghoul

Count Van Ghoul

Past The Mission

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:01 PM

Well it was very well researched, and a good read. Game looks fun, but I'll be holding off on it for a DotW/Price Drop. Multiplayer sounds cool, I know a couple friends with Windows Phones but I don't think either of them would drop $5 on this either, so no MP for me.

And that multiplayer achievement is garbage. I have no problem with MP achievements, and if it was win 1 or 5 races in MP I might have tried talking my friends into it once I get it. But win 50 MP races is a crazy grind, I hate stupid achievements like that. /rant (sorry, stupid achievements are one of my biggest pet peeves.)

It's probably the beginning of the end, I'm sure we're gonna see devs cramming tons of worthless MP achievements into the games now. Nice while it lasted I guess....

I have a blog where I review (usually terrible) movies for your enjoyment.  Come check it out at http://aghoulversus.blogspot.com/

#1010 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:27 PM

Well, they already do that with console games, so I guess it was inevitable.

#1011 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:13 AM

wouldnt be so bad if it was just play 50 multiplayer games....but win 50? looks like ill probably need a boosting partner.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#1012 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:57 AM

Pac Man Karting is live and The Harvest is DotW at $4.99. Opinions on The Harvest?

#1013 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:38 AM

Didn't the devs go kaput?

It's decent for a mobile game. A little difficult becuase of the controls.

76561198014930049.png

#1014 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:43 AM

Ya, the devs restructured or something. I'm thinking if I ever want this, I may want to grab it now. Plus, the demo felt pretty damn good.

Pac Man Kart Racing will be a debate if it ever hits $2.99. Controls didn't feel good at all.

#1015 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:10 AM

What do ya know, Tyler? Pac-Man Kart Rally now costs $2.99...

-Paul Acevedo

#1016 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:18 PM

Well, it's a decent price now, but I still don't think I'll be getting it. Based on the demo, it feels like every other third-rate kart racing game out there and the music is insanely annoying (but playing without sound is awkward). I think I'd be willing to give it a chance as a console game, but it simply doesn't work well for me on a dinky little touchscreen.

#1017 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:23 PM

What do ya know, Tyler? Pac-Man Kart Rally now costs $2.99...

And the debate begins. I'm gonna try it with tilt off and steering by touch and see how it feels. I do want a kart racer and the characters are pretty cool.

Thanks for the update Paul, im sure I never would have noticed the price drop myself

#1018 Alien Spider

Alien Spider

VIGILANTE JUSTICE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:46 PM

The Harvest is DotW at $4.99. Opinions on The Harvest?

I was wondering the same thing. Can't bring myself to pay $4.99 for a game I may or may not like (I did pay that much form PvZ on release but I already had that game on PC so it was a no-brainer [pun intended]).

#1019 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:55 PM

Button controls (with tilt off) work pretty well. I'm still confused about acceleration, I don't need to hold an acceleration button or anything do I?

#1020 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:34 AM

Bought The Harvest. Having a good time with it so far, about half way through the second area. Feels worth it so far.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wp7, wp8, windows phone, windows 8, windows rt, xbox live, red stripe deals