wp7 wp8 windows phone windows 8 windows rt xbox live red stripe deals

• Please log in to reply
3998 replies to this topic

#1231 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:30 PM

Posting from E3... had an awesome meeting with the head of Babaroga yesterday and learned the future of the Zombies!!! franchise. Can't post about it though, darn it.

Hoping to grab some good Windows Phone scoops in the next few days - stay tuned.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#1232 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:53 PM

I know I had restarted it a couple times the other day. I just tried again now and went from 599MB of free space to 2.07GB. I feel better now. :)

Good news. Glad it worked!

Posting from E3... had an awesome meeting with the head of Babaroga yesterday and learned the future of the Zombies!!! franchise. Can't post about it though, darn it.

Hoping to grab some good Windows Phone scoops in the next few days - stay tuned.

Drooling in anticipation. Dieing for some news on WP and wp8 tablets. I would assume the same marketplace? and apps will work on wp and the wp8 tablets.

I would love to see MS push a Summer of WP games like they do for arcade.

I swear MS was working on making MS points transfer to $'s instead of points and create it so you can spend the money/pts on the xbox and your phone? Maybe I misread or it was just a dream.

#1233 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:10 AM

Battleship is live and $2.99

http://www.windowsph...0d-6c93bd645a22

And unfortunately I think Assassin's Creed is the DotW. :-(

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#1234 basis

basis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:02 AM

Think I'll wait for Battleship to drop in price. backlog is sizable now and since i want to change my phone but the lost of save files is a big problem.

#1235 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:18 AM

Hmmmm....I got a card in the mail from my bank with an offer that if I put 10 charges on my debit card this month, they'll put $10 in my account, there's no amount restriction, hello 10 1$ apps/games?

659629.png?68329996

#1236 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:39 AM

Nice bank. Chase charges me unless I put at least 6 debit card purchases on my card every month.

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#1237 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:07 AM

Ah, mines a local Credit Union so they don't really have a lot of big rules. I don't have to order anything in a month, which is nice because there are times where I really don't buy that much stuff.

659629.png?68329996

#1238 xgpsun628

xgpsun628

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:38 AM

Deal has been live for me as well. Is it really not worth it, or are you all just jaded because its been the Dotw so many times? I ask because I'm thinking about picking it up.
Posted Image

#1239 warboss zorbag

warboss zorbag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:42 AM

I hated assassins creed. On screen controls make platforming a bitch.

Controls are pure garbage. Altairs voice and personality are grating.

#1240 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:35 AM

I'm mostly just jaded because it's been on sale before. But reviews seem to suggest it's just average as best. Plus, I'm definitely just a pick-up-and-play mobile gamer, so the game doesn't hit the spot for me at all.

#1241 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:09 PM

I'm mostly just jaded because it's been on sale before. But reviews seem to suggest it's just average as best. Plus, I'm definitely just a pick-up-and-play mobile gamer, so the game doesn't hit the spot for me at all.

I bought it during the last sale and only played it a few minutes. It isn't horrible, but the controls for jumping/platforming are the only question mark I have with the title so far.

With many games featured multiple times as DOTW, who makes these decisions?! Seems silly marketing to me to feature same DLC, titles, over and over again. I am still waiting for PvZ as a DOTW!!!! That title along with Tiki Towers, Lets Golf2, istunt2, Oregon Trail, Doodle Jump, harbor master, SpiderJack, and fragger have not been featured and most of those are fairly old with the exception of Fragger being the most recent of the bunch.

Off wp7 Topic: The same goes for the console DOTW. Borderlands this week....again. I had playstation plus once and thought it was pretty decent deal despite the fact the games you get are only playable if you continue the membership. I wish MS would provide something similar as I use my Xbox way more than my PS3 or wii.

#1242 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:54 PM

I bought it during the last sale and only played it a few minutes. It isn't horrible, but the controls for jumping/platforming are the only question mark I have with the title so far.

With many games featured multiple times as DOTW, who makes these decisions?! Seems silly marketing to me to feature same DLC, titles, over and over again. I am still waiting for PvZ as a DOTW!!!! That title along with Tiki Towers, Lets Golf2, istunt2, Oregon Trail, Doodle Jump, harbor master, SpiderJack, and fragger have not been featured and most of those are fairly old with the exception of Fragger being the most recent of the bunch.

Off wp7 Topic: The same goes for the console DOTW. Borderlands this week....again. I had playstation plus once and thought it was pretty decent deal despite the fact the games you get are only playable if you continue the membership. I wish MS would provide something similar as I use my Xbox way more than my PS3 or wii.

You're asking questions that we've probably all asked ourselves a million times. (I know I have). Maybe it has something to do with coordinating the sales with the developers and publishers (when it's not MS Studios) but I actually doubt that. MS seems to be in pretty full control of the pricing on their marketplaces.

Maybe it's a strategy to make sure that not every game receives a sale. To create a shadow of a doubt in the minds of gamers like us who will always wait for a sale. And as that doubt gets bigger and bigger, we lose patience and start buying more and more games at full price.

Any maybe it's just someone at MS that really just doesn't know what they're doing. But I doubt that too.

And about your last point, PS+ is probably my favorite thing about gaming at this point. I'd highly recommend it to anyone with a PS3.

#1243 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:00 PM

I had playstation plus once and thought it was pretty decent deal despite the fact the games you get are only playable if you continue the membership.

That's only for the free games. Anything you get at a discount is yours forever. And heck, if you disconnect your PS3 from the internet, I'm pretty sure you can just keep on playing the free games.

#1244 xgpsun628

xgpsun628

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:11 PM

Yeah I completely agree with this. I've kept my PS+ active since the meltdown, and they continue to impress (Especially this month). MS really should take some cues from other companies like steam or origins with their GFWL, and they def need to be keeping up with Sony on the consoles, if nothing else.
Posted Image

#1245 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:22 PM

That would require Microsoft to not only have an understanding of what gamers actually care about, but to also give a shit. Their E3 presentation and the majority of their decisions over the last year or so have proven that this won't be the case anytime soon. I may not care much for Sony or my PS3, but at least they actually listen to what people want.

#1246 Lord Chabelo

Lord Chabelo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:57 PM

Seems Assassin's Creed got reduced from $4.99 to $2.99
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#1247 Count Van Ghoul

Count Van Ghoul

Past The Mission

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:03 PM

Seems Assassin's Creed got reduced from $4.99 to $2.99

Just for the week, as it's the DOTW.

I have a blog where I review (usually terrible) movies for your enjoyment.  Come check it out at http://aghoulversus.blogspot.com/

#1248 Dustinator

Dustinator

Why hello.......

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:25 PM

MS really should take some cues from other companies like steam or origins with their GFWL, and they def need to be keeping up with Sony on the consoles, if nothing else.

At least Microsoft isn't as bad as Nintendo. They haven't had a sale for any of their Virtual Console games or even handheld downloads DSi/3DS.

However, we do pay $60 for XBL gold. I got mine at $30, but still.....we're paying :roll:

Was considering the AC title, but based on your guy's recommendations, I'm gonna skip it completely. I'll stick to my free games for now since I just got a WP.

#1249 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:35 PM

I may have to look into PS plus again, especially this month. i can only hope ms takes some cues from Sony and there membership. again thanks for everyone's input. I will see if i can find a discounted plus membership.

On topic of WP does anyone play wordfeud? I swear every random person i start a game with quits before it starts, or it is a dude that asks my sex, then quits?! wordfeud can be played free btw

Edited by MastrMeatWad, 09 June 2012 - 01:59 AM.
just a rant

#1250 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:16 AM

Windows Phone needs Draw Something.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#1251 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:28 AM

Doodle God review (at long last) - contains patch news too!

E3 2012: Hands on with Skulls of the Shogun on Windows Phone!

E3 2012:Shoot1up hands-on

E3 2012: MUSH hands on

More E3 WP7 news coming tonight, folks!

-Paul Acevedo

#1252 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:40 AM

On topic of WP does anyone play wordfeud? I swear every random person i start a game with quits, or it is a dude that asks what sex i am?! It is wordfeud not a dating service. wordfeud can be played free btw

I play a little bit, I think my username on there is tylerh1701 if you want to add me or send an invite. It's a pretty sweet game.

Windows Phone needs Draw Something.

Yes it does. Altho it's already kind of a day late and dollar short on that one.

Doodle God review (at long last) - contains patch news too!

E3 2012: Hands on with Skulls of the Shogun on Windows Phone!

E3 2012:Shoot1up hands-on

E3 2012: MUSH hands on

More E3 WP7 news coming tonight, folks!

I'm surprised you got as much enjoyment as you did out of Doodle God. I hated it after about 20 minutes.

And cool, I had no idea Skulls of the Shogun was coming to WP. That's awesome. Looking forward to more news.

#1253 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:15 AM

Yeah, I don't really get why people like Doodle God. If you have a bit of an imagination, you don't have to rely so much on trial and error, but that still doesn't make it very interesting. I like plenty of boring and unconventional games, but this one doesn't really fly with me. Oh well.

Mush, on the other hand, looks quite nice. It doesn't appear to do anything new, but it should be fun to play a little bit here and there.

#1254 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:41 PM

Back in Texas! Will have more E3 news later today.

If I rated Doodle God on a scale of 1 to 10, it would be a 5 or 6. I did really like the proverbs, and I used a guide, so it wasn't too tough for me. Playing normally it would get old very fast.

-Paul Acevedo

#1255 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:15 PM

Here's a bit of the news I promised:

Skulls of the Shogun interview and multiplayer hands-on

Final Fantasy coming next week with exclusive shots

-Paul Acevedo

#1256 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:05 PM

Back in Texas! Will have more E3 news later today.

If I rated Doodle God on a scale of 1 to 10, it would be a 5 or 6. I did really like the proverbs, and I used a guide, so it wasn't too tough for me. Playing normally it would get old very fast.

Yeah, I used a guide too, after the first episode. I'd give it a 3-4 on a 10 point scale. I still miss you scoring the games over on WPCentral.

Here's a bit of the news I promised:

Skulls of the Shogun interview and multiplayer hands-on

Final Fantasy coming next week with exclusive shots

Cool FF. I won't be grabbing it right away for $7, but good to know it's on the marketplace in case I ever decide to get it.

#1257 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:10 AM

I'll most likely grab FF at launch, I love the series, and I want Square to bring over more of their classic RPGs!

659629.png?68329996

#1258 warboss zorbag

warboss zorbag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:46 AM

Day one on final fantasy.
Classic square is my favorite.
Supporting the hell out of this.

#1259 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:57 AM

Tyler-
Yeah, wordfeud is sweet. I got killed the first few times before I really started paying attention to the scoring, letters.

I sent an invite. If my name isnt meatwad, i think it is insidious words.

#1260 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:13 AM

Tyler-
Yeah, wordfeud is sweet. I got killed the first few times before I really started paying attention to the scoring, letters.

I sent an invite. If my name isnt meatwad, i think it is insidious words.

Got it, played my first (shitty) word. Haha, I though by "insidious words" you meant some sort of weird swear words. Not literally "insidious words".

Also, my one critique of Wordfeud (and maybe I shouldn't mention it) is that it doesn't punish for incorrect words. A player can easily spam every possible combination they think of until something randomly works. If the game punished guessing it would be near perfect.