Still now DOTW? :cry:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1562 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:15 PM

Still now DOTW? :cry:

Yup, nothing yet. They've kind of been dropping the ball on DotW lately, in my opinion. First Splinter Cell is announced as DotW Wednesday but doesn't drop in price til Friday, then NFS goes back up in price 2 days earlier than normal, and now this delay.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: Fable Anniversary Review

#1563 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:25 PM

Yup, nothing yet. They've kind of been dropping the ball on DotW lately, in my opinion. First Splinter Cell is announced as DotW Wednesday but doesn't drop in price til Friday, then NFS goes back up in price 2 days earlier than normal, and now this delay.

this is poop.

in other news, sally's spa is fun, the scrolling is not bad like I thought it would be, plays well, fun. If you like salon, this is same with some added gameplay such as selling products. Decent. The achievements are going to be a bit of a grind having to perfect every level, complete on normal and hard, and then survival based achievements.

#1564 PhQTwo

PhQTwo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:54 PM

I almost wonder if they might have discontinued the DOTW. The DOTW always had a mention on the WP7 page on Xbox.com. That has since been removed and makes no mention of the DOTW. I really hope that Microsoft hasn't abandoned it.

http://www.xbox.com/...ive/Mobile/Home

#1565 yamayama

yamayama

• • Professional Beta Tester • • (give me free stuff)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:13 PM

I almost wonder if they might have discontinued the DOTW. The DOTW always had a mention on the WP7 page on Xbox.com. That has since been removed and makes no mention of the DOTW. I really hope that Microsoft hasn't abandoned it.

I still have hope since they haven't updated the marketplace via phone yet. I know you can get Sally's Spa via link but I still don't see it on my phone so who knows... :roll:

«‘-•·÷·- ¥ámá -·÷·•-`»

#1566 nCogNeato

nCogNeato

"Mr Neato" if you're nasty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:59 PM

The same thought crossed my mind earlier when I checked xbox.com.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1567 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:42 PM

Anyone having problems with Sally's Spa? Just bought it last night and only 1 achievement shows up on my gamercard, even though in the game it shows I unlocked 2 achievements. Leaderboards aren't working either.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#1568 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:44 PM

The same thought crossed my mind earlier when I checked xbox.com.

There hasn't been a Games for Windows DOTW for about a month now either, although those were usually terrible anyways.

Is sonic episode 1 usually $5? That's what it is now so I'm wondering if that's it.

#1569 nCogNeato

nCogNeato

"Mr Neato" if you're nasty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:52 PM

There hasn't been a Games for Windows DOTW for about a month now either, although those were usually terrible anyways.

Is sonic episode 1 usually $5? That's what it is now so I'm wondering if that's it.

Sonic Ep. 1 was price-dropped a few months ago. $4.99 is currently it's regular price.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1570 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:59 PM

That has been reduced to 4.99 since march 29th.

They wouldn't stop dotw!! Would they?!

#1571 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:18 PM

That has been reduced to 4.99 since march 29th.

They wouldn't stop dotw!! Would they?!

I can't imagine that they would, but maybe it's just not worth the hassle to them?

If we go a week or 2 without a DotW maybe we can get EastX to do some digging on it. LOL

#1572 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:25 PM

Anyone having problems with Sally's Spa? Just bought it last night and only 1 achievement shows up on my gamercard, even though in the game it shows I unlocked 2 achievements. Leaderboards aren't working either.

havent had that problem. Unlocked like 4 or 5 achievements so far. you may need to uninstall and redownload. maybe try unlocking another achievement first.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#1573 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:36 PM

havent had that problem. Unlocked like 4 or 5 achievements so far. you may need to uninstall and redownload. maybe try unlocking another achievement first.

Sometimes you need to play the game again while connected to Wi-Fi, and then exit and refresh your Achievement list on the phone. That seems to help.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#1574 Jobbercho

Jobbercho

Do a barrel roll!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:37 PM

Not sure if this means it won't be happening or they just don't see the DotW -
Posted Image

#1575 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:47 PM

Not sure if this means it won't be happening or they just don't see the DotW -

Ya I don't know how to interpret that answer either. WPSupport probably doesn't have access to that kind of info tho (whether or not there will be a DotW this week).

EDIT:

They don't know.

Edited by tylerh1701, 09 August 2012 - 09:44 PM.

#1576 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:49 PM

I hit up three different people at Microsoft about the DOTW, so fingers crossed they actually respond.

-Paul Acevedo

#1577 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:52 PM

I hit up three different people at Microsoft about the DOTW, so fingers crossed they actually respond.

Very much appreciated.

#1578 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:53 PM

I reinstalled Sally's Spa and lost all progress. Doesn't show I earned any achievements now, blah!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#1579 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:18 PM

I reinstalled Sally's Spa and lost all progress. Doesn't show I earned any achievements now, blah!

well yah..thats what happens when you uninstall...you lose your progress. But it may have fixed your problem. If you only unlocked 2 achievements you werent that far in the game. :P

rm8ylt.gif

#1580 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:28 PM

Hmm.......did Sally's Spa get delisted? Isn't showing up for me now.

rm8ylt.gif

#1581 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:39 PM

I was still able to download the demo using this link:

http://www.windowsph...9e-f906f012af60

EDIT: Still see it on my phone's marketplace, too.

#1582 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:48 PM

I already downloaded it, was just curious. Could just be my phone.

rm8ylt.gif

#1583 Dwayne55

Dwayne55

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:47 AM

Has anyone had anymore info yet? The only time I buy games on WP7 is from DOTW! They can't stop it! Lol. It might of had something to do with the fact that they are upgrading the marketplace at the moment and its causing alot of delays. Everyone should buy ilomilo though. That game is awesome!

#1584 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:01 AM

Sorry for the bump if it gets anyone's expectations up, but this is really flippin' lame that there is no DotW. I thought they would come through and were just behind, but it doesn't look like it at this point. Super lame MS.

#1585 Dustinator

Dustinator

Why hello.......

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:00 PM

Wasn't there a week where there wasn't a DotW at all? I think MS just effed up and didn't have a game lined up for a discount or some kind of publisher issue complicated things. Or *GULP*......Deal of the Week for Windows Phones have been canceled? Kinda like Games for Windows Live? No more weekly deals there / end speculation

card.png

#1586 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:20 PM

Yeah, I do not recall a missing week before. I would think we would get an announcement of sorts if cancelled, right? But, it seems strange to cancel it and I would lean to they did not have something in place.

btw-I too had a achievement issue with sally's spa, first two unlocked but did not unlock on my gamertag. achievements after the first two show however. Guess I'll replay once I beat it to get it to unlock

#1587 yamayama

yamayama

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:16 AM

Yeah, I do not recall a missing week before. I would think we would get an announcement of sorts if cancelled, right? But, it seems strange to cancel it and I would lean to they did not have something in place.

btw-I too had a achievement issue with sally's spa, first two unlocked but did not unlock on my gamertag. achievements after the first two show however. Guess I'll replay once I beat it to get it to unlock

There was a restructure of the marketplace this week so I'll give it some time.

Other people have been reporting achievement issues as well so I'll wait until they fix that bug before playing WP games again.

«‘-•·÷·- ¥ámá -·÷·•-`»

#1588 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:28 AM

There was a restructure of the marketplace this week so I'll give it some time.

Other people have been reporting achievement issues as well so I'll wait until they fix that bug before playing WP games again.

good to hear it may just be the restructure. Is the achievement issues just sally or others are reported?

#1589 yamayama

yamayama

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:24 AM

good to hear it may just be the restructure. Is the achievement issues just sally or others are reported?

Other games too which is leading people to believe that WP servers are having issues. There is a whole thread on x360a about it.

«‘-•·÷·- ¥ámá -·÷·•-`»

#1590 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:06 PM

Looking into the Achievement problem. Everyone who's experienced those issues, please go post in the XB3A thread as the folks at MS will be reading it.

-Paul Acevedo

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wp7, wp8, windows phone, windows 8, windows rt, xbox live, red stripe deals